Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Calico on the other hand took a seat as instructed waiting for captain Antony to provide explanation and details as to what was going on and what had caused such alarm and ruckus not an hour before.

He sat down calmly waiting to hear what grim news the man had to share
Alex (played by YokoSama)

Alex wasent assured by Antony's actions in contrast to those of the other strangers in the room. Yet she still took a seat intreaged into what had caused the chaos. She sat down and crossed her arms over her chest eyes never wavering from Antony. Something wasent right, she could feel it in her bones. For that matter it was bothering a particular one, one she though she had long ago lost.
((OOC Seline it's your turn))
Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

Antony stood glumly, making sure the prince was out of the room, locking the door, and covering the nearby portholes.
He moved swiftly over to the table and began to play the video back from the beginning.
Calico frowned watching the destruction, taking heed of the dreadful warning.

"What are we to do Tony? Merthyr must be told... his kingdom is what is being demanded here" advised Calico

"In all cases, with this situation at hand we must find your niece and your sister and the chef and bring them all back onboard before it's too late and they run into harm's way" muttered Calico uncomfortably

"I will have Morgan come with me and speak to this new queen, see what can be done on the matter... it would be good you joined us in the negotiations, Unless you have other plans?" quizzed Calico concerned and tense at what he had just witnessed

“You know as well as I do that there will be no negotiations with this woman. As we speak several rulers are already selling their islands in order to keep the people safe. This is a take over calico, either the boy signs over willingly or she takes this island chain by force.

I really despise saying these words, but as of today...we are in need of a retreat to warmer waters and gather reinforcements. Any man who refuses to abide by this can take one of the boats to shore along with all his possessions.”

Antony spoke in a quiet yet stern tone depicting his finality on the decision before the door flew open once more.
“Captain-“ the young crew member who had just entered started
“You might want to see this.”
He motioned outside prompting Antony to fallow.

Alex sat in mild shock at the obliteration she saw before her. She had seen plenty of death, she was unfazed by it now but this? That was the complete annihilation of everything! Calico's words seemed dull to her therefor they took a moment to sink in.
"Speak to her? She is willin' to destroy all life! What kind of negations can you expect to get with madness like that!? All yer goin' to be doin' is gettin' yerselves killed." She snarled. How could they think that such a fanatic would do anything but demand everythin'?
"Ay I agree with Cap Antony. There be nothin' worth fightin' for to the point of obliteration in these seas. Better huntin' and weather if we be movin' to warmer seas." She snorted at the notion of any would be willin' to stay. Well all but the prince, he was stubborn enough for two bulls. "Though if a man be daft enough to go to the show be sure he aint be takin' anythin'. Includin' the boat. In the warmer waters you should know how valuable everythin' be." She crossed her arms over her chest as fragments of her younger years came back to her.
Stealin' things off the Landers boats was a game. One she was neither too good nor to bad to earn any reputation for it. Her brows drew together as the memory of her last game changed her life forever. She wondered if maybe she would ever see one again? She shook her head. Such fancy's were not like her, here and now is what she need to be thinkin' about. With that a young sailor barged in shoutin' that Cap needed to see somethin'. She look up expantly to see what Antonys next move would be.
"Captain Alex... if I do not return... everything I possess as commodore, the entire large fleet of vessels along with the cargo and the slaves, my lordly dominions and title, everything... is yours to keep, lady Jacksworth Pont-de-Ter... Since I have no proper wife or child, as my fiancee is yours to inherit. Unfortunately for you, it also comes with the duty of protecting and serving the king so.. much as you hate each other's guts... I am entrusting you king Merthyr's safety into your hands and placing you at his service in return. Break the news as you best see fit.

I will personally go to see this woman and surrender the lands and kingdom on behalf of Merthyr, at least for the time being, you... on the other hand... will keep him here, safe and out of trouble until I return, if I return, or until the kingdom is retaken and safety returns" informed Calico

"We cannot leave this woman without an answer, too many innocent would be obliterated through no fault of their own for lack of response" muttered Calico

"As for Henry Morgan... we need to arrange the kidnap of the governor, as per the old pirates' ways. He would not willingly leave his residency or position and his life is in danger if he continues at the island.

Tony, if you would like to assemble a small party, we will fetch Morgan, your sister, your niece and his lover, willingly or otherwise, or as many of them as we can manage... their safety can only be ensured onboard this vessel" explained Calico looking at Tony for consent and letting captain decide on all matters, if a party was to be sent, who he selected for such a party.

Alex bolted upright locking her spine straight up at Calico's calling her Lady Jacksworth Pont-de-Ter "What.." she started to say but he continued on saying that she was no in charge of the Prince, no Kings protection?! and Calling her his Fiancee?!?!?! Her brain hit the bulkhead hard at that one. Much else only slid past her as he spoke about other things; but one thing caught on.
"Yer cant be seriously goin' out there to meet with that sea witch!" He face was flushed from chin to the roots of her hair. How dare he just go about and claim her as his fiancee without even askin' her!
"And in all the seas gives ya the idea that I would agree to..to such a binding!" Outrageous! She wouldn't marry! Marriage meant settlin' down, and those horrible things called children! Na she wasn't really for such nonsense!
"I'll be bloody cursed if ya think yer going to settle me off to the side while yer go galavantin' off gettin' yerself bloody consumed by darkness. All for what? Things? Titles? Land? All these are replaceable! Yer bloody life aint!" She snarls and slams her open palm down on Antony's desk.
"Let the king do his job! He ought be the one to negotiate with her. Not ya! That way all this nonsense of Fiancee's, titles and protectin' the King NA! Servin' the bloody king can all be dealt with." She stood with her hands now firmly placed her her hips staring down at Calico who still was seated and kept a roving eye at Antony to see what the Captain had to say to this fools plan!
"My beloved fiancee, your worry for me is highly commendable and appreciated honey.

But, duty goes first, we must set lovely feelings aside, passion and romance will have to wait to later, dearest. Whilst I like you when you're this angry, the decision is already made final and until I walk away from this vessel as my captain and I your commodore, my say goes. After I offload the ship, you inherit it all, king included" smiled Calico.

"With some luck the witch will have my guts for garters and you won't be burdened with the duty of bearing kids with me." smiled Calico in a wider tease patting her hand gently as if soothing his damsel in distress

"In any case, I must deliver a reply before the crazy witch destroys all those living in our kingdom's islands" concluded Calico waiting for Tony to speak

"Better one man perishes than an entire nation" muttered Calico more darkly and sober

Antony had just barely stayed to hear the conversation between the two. Though he had remained silent the entire time, he eventually stood from where he sat and walked over to calico’s side and rested a hand on his shoulder.
“I couldn’t agree more my old friend. With one exception though.” He in a flask he had taken out a small dagger and knocked calico out cold by using the brunt handle of it.

He then turned his gaze to the slightly confused looking Alex nearby and bluntly stated
“Take him to his cabin, tie him to his bed, and make sure he doesn’t escape to do something too stupid. Oh and, I’m happy for your engagement mrs. Jackswort.”
Antony spoke, a little bit of his own classic mirth and sarcasm slipping into his tone before he left the room.

——

Never in her life had she seen her mother fight, heck she could hardly see it now with the entire town engulfed in flames as the trio ran through its panicked streets.

Forgotten children left in the chaos weeper for their dying mothers, innocent men lied dead in the streets, and women kidnapped away to some foreign location and likely to never be seen again. She wanted to help them, to help all of them, to save them from these men covered from head to toe in black who torched the buildings and killed them where they stood.

Beside her desperate wants, all she could do was watch. Watch as the faces she had known since nearly birth, vanished from the earth. Some, before they could even begin to have a life at all. Next to her, the chimera boy (whose name she had recently come to know as kai) absorbed as much of the flames as he could and flung them at nearby enemies who approached. All the while her mother brought up the rear, her ball gown now covered in a thick metal plating and a fan made of blades dances around her body as she fought off foes left and right.

Her mother, the elegant and proper lady, was a warrior. That suddenly made all her childhood punishments all the more terrifying. Soon they made their way to the docks, where members of Antonie’s crew had come ashore to intercept them.

The problem being that the enemy was fast approaching, and the crew had come in two many numbers so the boats were nearly full. Out of desperation she begged her mother and kai to take the boats and run!

Her mother though, she stood calm and vigilant. Placing a loving hand on her daughters cheek she leaned over and placed a light loving kiss on her forehead.

Seliene could feel the emotion in that kiss, she knew this was likely her way of saying goodbye. But she’d be damned if she didn’t say anything! The tears began to pour from her eyes as she spoke.
“Don’t go” as if her mother was the one about to leave.

Behind them, the enemy began to converge on their position. It would only be a matter of time before they were caught. And yet Seline kept a deadly tight grip upon her mother’s shoulders as if holding her close would change her mind. All she felt was her mother’s warmth, and all she heard...was the screaming...the pain of her lost home that seemingly grew louder every second.

As the enemy converged, it was obvious that they were their target. Out of her very own desperation, Roselyn took off her gauntlets and gave them to the chimera boy standing nearby with a silent plea that only he could understand hidden beneath her stormy eyes. Giving him a quick nod, she watched as he plucked Seline from her arms and dragged her kicking and screaming to the boats along with what used to be her gauntlets.

As she drowned out her daughters ever silencing pleas that faded as the ships distanced themselves from the shore, she turned her green eyes twords the men in Black slowly approaching. And carefully picking up two chosen blades she glanced down at the dress she wore, now in almost complete disarray exposing the cushy beneath. Seeing as it no longer mattered, she ripped off her corset and stared the men down.

“You ruined my favorite dress”
She spoke with malice as she met the men in a head on two way collision of five men on one woman. It wasn’t fair in her opinion, for them that is.

——

She had long since stopped struggling as they moved away. Living in tnt cal hope that her mother would survive and everything would be fine.

That hope, was a mistake she would vow never to make again. As a black energy of sorts began to sweep over the island and the people’s screams grew only louder. Even the men in Black seemed suprised at first, that is until the shadow swept over them. And with one last longing glance, she looked at her mother for what would be the last time, and in return she got a smirk. Almost as if this wasn’t quite the end.

And the screams grew louder, as people aged and decayed into dust before her eyes. She had to look away, and bury her face in the chest of the boy who was holding her in his iron clad grip, as his own eyes stared horrified at the sight before him.
Then all at once, the screams silenced, and with a vain hope...she dared to look back at her island, her home.

What she found however was death. No buildings left, no people, no animals , no trees. Just what seemed to be a giant pile of ash...and several men in all black. Her home was gone.

(Go along with this..I have an idea.)

Alex snarls ready to bite a chunk out of him but before so Antony swiftly and unexpectedly knocks Calico out cold. Alex's rages subsides as she listens to someone finally talking sense. As Antony leaves the room the taunt flames the rage back up "I AM NOT MARRYING THIS MAN!" She roars but isnt objecting to tying him up someplace were the fool cant do something insanely stupid! So grinding her teeth she hefts Calico onto her shoulder, her anger making her stronger then usual, for Calico is a big man to carry on one shoulder. With a glare that even made the wooden planks shudder she marched down to Calicos room and threw the aforementioned fool onto his own bed. Still out cold.
"Yer a blood fricken fool Yer are! Going spouting such drivel." A loud ripping sound muffles her grumbling as she uses her teeth the shreds the sheet into strips to ti him in place. More grumbles about children, and what she would do to him if he thought he could just lay claim to her! Like..Like a common brothel girl! he tiered that wrist extra tight. She as she stood over him seething she looked down at Calicos unconscious face.
A part of her said it wouldn't be so bad, there had been many many worse. He had a good face, his nose was long and straight mostly, a well muscled body with a nice calf and hindquarters. She could do much worse. "Claim me as you bride well thats not how my races does it." She mutters as she unlaces the top of his shirt exposing his left side from collarbone to shoulder. She grins as she widens her mouth to an unnatural degree her teeth seeming more shark like then ever before. She clamps down on him sinking her teeth deep into the muscles on his upper pectoral and trapezoid. She digs in her back pocket for a tiny vial. She quickly releases him and pours the black vile's liquid over the bite marks, they stop bleeding and darken as the vile's content soak into the wounds. She grins at the mark she has left on him. "I now claim you Sir Jacksworth Pont-de-Ter as my bitten. Let no other take ye from I or they shall suffer a fate worse then black." It was an old saying, one many didnt realize the significance of; until now.
Edward Teach came past the sleeping quarters having strained to restrain the altered king. He had also been up the crow's nest see and come to inform Antony of the sudden worsening conditions. He raised an eye brow as he saw Alex leaning over Calico on his bed tying the man down in clothing material.

"Captain Alex if you're going to... restrain and subdue the likes of him... use proper chains and iron on this one else he'll make quick work of your effort" advised Blackbeard tossing a bag of shackles and closing the door not about to stop the pair getting frisky.

He made his way over to Tony, hand on the spyglass and pointing at the shore beyond, the flames, the smoke.

"What will your orders be, old friend? I need to ... borrow... Calico's ships to save those wretched survivors, those boats are much too overloaded and will surely sink very soon if we don't get to them quicker" muttered Blackbeard, happy to jump to piracy for the sake of saving lives.

"Has Morgan made it onboard yet? He is not on any of the boats as far as I can see... I wonder of those wretched brigands have captured him already and we might be too late..." murmured Blackbeard worried about their comrade and looking at Tony for any glimpses of information

((Notice: I’ll be busy the majority of the day today.))
(( OOC no problem, thanks for letting us know ... post when you can ))

“That’s what I like about you Edward, when it comes down to it yer a good man in that old heart o yers. But I’ve got a feelin it’s far too late, look again.” Antony said as he pointed beyond the smoke and flames. It’s seemef as if time slowed down, the dark energy slowly crawling across the island and consuming all life in its expansive maw of horrors. Leaving the only survivors as the men who had planted the Gem, cloaked in pure black, as if shadows themselves.

A few seconds would pass afterwards, before suddenly it began to rain. Every second it lasted the rain grew harder, and the thunder above louder. Antony was still horrified despite this, glued to the spot with a look of genuine suprise upon his usually jolly features. Which eventually morphed into a look of both silent rage and pensive thought.

“Teach, go grab the lady Alex and bring her here by any means necessary. She asked me a question a few moments ago, and judging by the storm overhead...she’s about to get her answer.”
Blackbeard nodded "Aye aye capt'n" nodded the man turning around and coming to Calico's room to find Alex

"Lady Alex.. capt'n Tony wants a word with ye" informed Blackbeard looking at Alex giving Calico little attention

Alex snapped her head around a bit of blood on her chin at Teach's voice. But he was gone, tossing a bag with chains inside at her before she had a chance to correct him. She was glad that Calico was unconscious still for her face must of been beat red for the heat she felt commin' off it. She growls a bit at Tech callin' him and his mother many foul names as she more properly chained Calico to the bed, still also leavin' her own knots on him.
She stands there her arms crossed over her lookin' at the slumberin' man. Her eyes lingered on the mark she had left on him. With a short she walks over and fixed his shirt. Its at this point Teach again bangs open the door as she had her hands on him.
"Damnit man learn to bloody knock!" She snarls at him, hopein' her face didnt flush again. Damn this man he makes her act a fool! "Aye. Lead the way there." she mutters under her breath, "you bloody...." She follows him back the the quarter deck and takes her first look at the devastation wort on the shore. "Gods below!" Her eyes sought something alive, or anything of color but all the found was black. Even the fires were consumed by the blackness. The sight was to jarring that even the extremely heavy downpour that soaked her clothing in mere moments went unnoticed. Her eyes were still wide and searching when Teach prodded her and indicated her to step over to Antony.;his face as grim as stone.
"What...wha..." Her mouth was so dry, she had to swallow a few times before she could make anything come out. "What can I do for you Captain." Her famous fiery personality doused by the sight of the barren land, once vibrant and green with life and trees not even an hour glass past, now reduced to nothing. Nothing, Not trees, no ash, no life. All consumed by the blackness.
When Calico woke up with a drumming headache, he found himself heavily bound to his own bed.

"Bloody Tony... should of seen in coming... hope he doesn't do anything foolish" muttered Calico under his breath

He tried to strain and trash to no avail until he grew tired and gave up, remaining chained on his bed

“Just...watch.”
Antony spoke, his voice still filled with an odd darkness that most had not heard before. He turned his gaze from the skies and down to one of the rowing boats coming twords them. The one he knew to be carrying his niece.

Then there came the scream, he watched it tear from her lungs and escape into the world in a powerful shreek. From the heavens came a single streak of light, a bolt of lightning that raced twords the boat itself and was suddenly absorbed by the girls body. Where upon it changed direction, and left her body as her shreek of rage and loss increased in volume. The energy, empowered by her malice, raced twords the shore where the men in Black were caught off guard at this new development. And had no time to react as the bolt zipped out amongst them, and incinerated each of them upon contact.

“You’ve asked me many questions this day mrs. Jacksworth. And your answers lie in what has just occurred.”

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus