Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Alex (played by YokoSama)

Alex also frowned at the call. "Aye news of the Rampage's capture shouldn't be known yet." She check the Rosemary's rigging.

"And we dont have our true colors flyin' " A quick smile flashed across her face. "We could pull off bein' a merchant ship. Say that rouge wave from early this morin' did a bit of damage and we were fixin' it before commin' into port if they start askin' questions. Ya and Blackbeard might have to be hidin' below decks since yer both known to the Navy. Cap Antony as well." With that she turned to look for the old man but did see him.

"Old coot must be still admierin' that old patin'. Ya got any idea as to its importance to him? I mean with things goin' on as is he just goes and get himself lost int a bloody old paitnin'. " She shook her head thinking maybe the old man has lost hit touch. With that though she quickly makes her way back to him and the painting ready to relay the news and see if he'd be up for disguising the ship.

"Cap Antony..." She relaid the situation and her idea to him, and as he waited she too looked at the photo and something struck her. "Sir is this perhaps a paintin' of you and yer family as children?" Her eyebrows drew together "I though ya only had one though not a brother too?" She had a flicker of an idea of being to bold but the old man has been acting not quite himself so she et she could chance it.
Seline Masters (played by Raider-jack29) Topic Starter

Antony only listened to Alex as she spoke, informing him of the impending situation. He straightened, transitioning back into his commanding figure he spoke.
"Get closer to the cove and hide amongst the larger rocks. Lower the colours as well and make sure it's quiet and everyone is below deck. I want to be able to hear a pin drop miss Alex."
He stated sternly before standing and making his way to the door, glancing at the painting once more. And then he gave an answer, so quick and so quiet, that one could barely hear it.

"You didn't think this was the only rosemary, did you ?" He then left the room, shutting the door behind him.

Elsewhere, Kai felt uncomfortable being stuffed into this stuffy suit by all these girls. They all endlessly complained 'don't touch that!' And 'that doesn't go there'. Then there was the one he hate most of all 'no you can't fight in this it's expensive! Oh how he hated that word, no...is NO all they could say!? Now he stood before a full body mirror with a golden frame embellished with floral designs.

He wore a simple black suit and tie, under which were several uncomfortable undergarments
(He preferred going commando). Along with which came a simple dark purple tie, hanging from his pocket as well was a bright red flower that looked black at the tip as if having been burnt, but transitioned into yellow the closer they got to the stem. He thought it looked a bit too out of place, until he smelt it. It smelt just like cinnamon, he loved the smell of cinnamon.

His ears twitched atop his head as a particularly curious maid started playing with them. As if by instinct he leaned his head into the girls hand and let out a soft startling purr that had a few of the maids cooing over how adorable it sounded.

That is until he heard the rousing laughter that came from the nearby doorway. Shaking his head, his eyes shot over to the door, standing there was Seline. She was laughing so hard she was all puffy and red.

"Heeey it's not funny, this suit is hot and uncomfortable. Someone has to pay attention to me since my own mate mistreats me."
In all honesty though, she didn't look half bad. She currently wore a form fitting ruffled dark purple dress that touched her ankles., on her head she wore an admittedly gaudy looking purple hat with all sorts of feathers and floral arrangements. It shadowed her face perfectly though, hiding her now scowling yet still red face.

Though the top showed off more than he think it rightly should, she was his mate after all.
"Ok listen you overgrown calico-"
She spoke in a whispering shout at him stepping up on the platform where he stood to look him in the face.
"I am not your-" she began before the door opened up behind them and a soft voice spoke.

"Am I interrupting something?"
Roselyn spoke as she spotted the close proximity of the two young people.

Seline turned bright red at her mother spoke, only now realizing her proximity to the smirking boy in front of her.
"N-no mother" she spoke in a stutter.

"Well then I'll need to barrow the lovely lady for a second."
Roslyn spoke, ushering Seline out after her who casted a glance at Kai as if telling him that the argument was far from over.

They had the islands edges surrounded, they had planted every last peice of Gem. And they were about to get even more than they hoped out of this, as they spotted naval ships coming into port. By this point...they couldn't keep the grins off their faces as they hid.

She frowned at his lack of formality with her title but there was no point bringing it up now. Alex's keen ears only caught the end of what he whispered as he left and she snorted at it. crazy old coot As she left him and headed above deck. Taking bearing on the approaching sails she bellowed out for the First Mate since Blackbeard couldn't be found.

"Oy were going to play deadfish with these Navy scrounges. Haul up the sails, and use the extra hands to scuttle us back into the rocks. Off with ya start those slaves rowin' and get yer men up in the riggin'" She snapped when the man gaped at her as if a dolphin was talking to him. With that she went to the stern and pulled down the colors and stowed them, folding them properly out of respect for what they represent, the freedom piracy usually gives.

The First mate came running up to her as the last of the sails were lashed in place looking for his new orders. "Good. Now all hands get below deck. And if any ya makes a sound I'll personally make sure yer not goin' to make another afterwards." She snarled at those still on deck; many blanched at her blunt threat and quickly hurried down below. "Not ya." She said to the First Mate, placing a firm grip on his shoulder. 'Yer goin' to stay up here and man the helm. Just in case some Shite goes down. " She grinned at him and the mans knees wobbled; and all he could think is why did he have to be left alone with her!

Alex quickly but silently made her way to Captain Antony's office. She hardly taped his door before pushing it open. "Sir. The ship is hidden, sails drawn and all men are stowed and silent." She said in a confident whisper.
"And why exactly do we have to suddenly be so still and quiet? Surely pirates of such calibre are more than capable to defend themselves from another pirate ship?" quizzed Merthyr curiosity getting the better off him

"I have yet to hear a single shot being fired... are you telling me that you are all going to cower away, now of all times?" asked Merthyr baffled at the move

Calico winced that Merthyr would talk loudly regardless of orders and consider Tony a coward for the matter, cringing at the implied remark

Antony noded at Alex in understanding and remaining silent for quite some time.

"Come here ms. Alex, you asked about the painting earlier right?
Well I hope ya like stories. Cause your gettin one."
Ricky (played by EeveeMaster)

((Is this open? If so, can a Felyne join?))

((Read the OOC chat first for info on the world http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=42292&p=4 ))

Alex's ears perked up, she never turned down a good seastory. Therefor she nodded at Antony and took a seat in the chair before his large wooden desk. She stat up straight, crossing one of her legs over her keep eyes bright and attentive on Cap Antony. Maybe she could learn something of this mysterious figure, and when that bloody girl was so valuable to him.

"Would you be suprised to know that I wasn't always this swave or sea savvy? Well I can tell ya that I wasn't. I grew up as a street urchin along side mah younger sister, as children we had grand old times stealing from rich folk and helping those who couldn't much help themselves-"
He began his story before another voice entered the conversation in a whispered rush from the door.
"Captain, you need to see this. A message on the orange Gem."
Came the soft voice of a female crew member behind the door before leaving.

Antony stood, giving Alex a nod of acknowledgement he stated "another time perhaps." Before departing the room quietly.

((Guys?))

((sorry life=busy))

Alex was surprised at another female onboard the ship. And she wondered what kind of message Antony could be getting that was so darn important. She hadent learned a thing about him.
"Aye sir. Another time. I will be returnin' to the maindeck then. Ensurin' the crew remains quieter then a mouse." With that she left his quarters and roved around until she found Calico. Unfortunately the pompous prince was there with him as well so they couldnt speak openly. And to boot she hear the prince shouting, calling them cowards!! She nashed her teeth as she silently came up to the prince and backhanded him.
"Silence!" She hissed threw clenched teeth "You know nothin' of the he11 is goin' on. Weevils like ya should be sent out to be bait in such events if they come to pass. Na callin' ya a Weevil is insultin' to the weevil for even they know when to be quite!" Her eyes held a dangerous gleam to them. "Weevils can't swim." She let a grin spread wide over her face emphasizing her pointed teeth "and these be shark infested waters" she let the threat hang in the air, seeing as Calico was unaware of the Princes previous dunking.
"Sounds a very tempting offer so long you're left behind on deck this time round..." mused Merthyr still talking aloud.

"No one tells a king what to do and not to do whilst sailing his seas. Now, I am going to get a row boat and I am heading back to the island, you inform the captain the king expects his trading adviser, lord Antony, at the governor's hall, within the week." explained Merthyr

"Those ships are army vessels, my army vessels and I feel far safer sailing with them... ask the captain for a row boat and lord Calico's freedom..." requested if demanded Merthyr

She slips a coy smile at him."Dont tempt me Princy." She snorts at his remark"Yer seas eh? And I aint goin' to do a bloody thing fer ya. Nor are ya goin' to be rowin' anyplace. As for this piece of jetsom he can be gettin' back to Kitchen like he belongs." Her eyes narrowed at Calico. "I'd take this chance while I be askin' nicely." She cocked her head and listened as the ship groaned and a frown tugged at her mouth.

"An arranged marriage mother!?"
Seline questioned her mother who intern laughed wholeheartedly in response. "Yes believe it our not I was considering it, lord calico even convinced me to write a letter to the king demanding a suitable match. I never sent it though, I've said it once I'll say it again. I never supported arranged marriage. So I burned it instead. Thought I suppose you've taken care of your favored suitor yourself. "She stated, nodding at the room behind her where shouts could be heard beyond the door, the maids insisting the suit was NOT fire proof.

"Mother, I have no interest in that heathen! He's reckless and childish. Certainly not material for lordship. Besides, the boy is a pirate. The very idea of the people accepting someone like him is comical."

For a moment the lady paused, giving a blank look before chuckling under her breath. Even so hard as to snort a few times.
"You have no idea how familiar with those very words I am."
Lady Roselyn spoke as the door behind Seline opened to once more show the poor chimera boy with his tail now tucked in his pants and his once ragged hair now slicked back with copious amounts of hairgel.

"Your maids threatened my life if i get this suit dirty"
He told both women dryly.
"Good, that means their doing their jobs right." Lady Roselyn commented as she Motioned for them to fallow her to the dining room for dinner.

Meanwhile on the Rosemary, captain Antony was pensive as he shut the door behind him bathing the room in darkness. The only light came from that of the illumination of the large chunks of Orange Gem embedded in the large round table in the dark rooms center. The only other faces in the room being the woman from earlier who had summoned him, and a select few others close enough to him to feel privy to the information now shown.

Giving a nod, one of the crew members placed a hand on one of the orange Gem in the old wooden table. Beams of light shot from each individual peice of Gem that refracted perfectly off each other to create an image.

The picture was of a tall woman, her golden hair framing her face(which was covered by a small white vale) in elegant curls til hust below her shoulders. In her hands she held a bouquet of sickly looking white roses that seemed drenched in water. She wore a newly designed looking white dress which was divided into three layers, spreading out in ruffles at the bottom, the sleeves of the gown were puffed at the shoulders and rounded (a style that went out-of style years ago). Soon she began to speak in a sickeningly sweet voice though the words themselves were cause for dispare.

" Dear pirates, kings, and queens of foreign nations. I am Titania, loyal servent of my mistress the newly crowned white empress Lydia.

I'm delighted to inform you that the former empress Tamia, has been dethroned by a true and strong leader. Her lenient policies and willingness to be subject to other countries tariffs made her weak and unfit to rule out country. So she had to be taken care of because of her idiocy.

My lady Lydia is strong willed and has amassed an army of hundreds upon thousands to spread her good heart and strong will to all of Oceanus.

It is her request that all kings and queens in nearby lands surrounding her greatnesses boarders bend the knee. This is to insure that no one gets hurt and so we could spread our ladies good word."

She giggled, as if her words were that of an innocent school girl talking of crushes.

"failure to cooperate will result in meeting the fate met by the loyalists."

As if giving an example, the video changes to show a small island. One that most know to be not too far from here, just within the boarders of the white empire.

The people were in a riot, attacking the local lords home in demand of explanation of the sudden hostile government take over. Suddenly, it began to grow dark, the trees in the nearby forest dying quickly and turning to thing twigs and dust as this strange black energy seemed to drain the life from them. It moved at a rapid pace across the island, consuming everything in its path and leaning nothing but dead earth.

The people and animals caught in its path suffered much worse however. Before the eyes of captain Antony and his trusted group of crew mates. As people were claimed by the energy, they slowly began to disintegrate. Their flesh turned to bone and their bones turned to ash. Full grown soldiers crying in fear. Mothers and children sparing their last few seconds on earth together as the darkness consumed them. The few survivors escaping to the sea on anything from boats to driftwood.

Nothing was left of the island, no greenery, no buildings, no survivors in the darkness besides those on the boats. All that was left was dead earth, and a single solitary peice of Gem. A new Gem, one that would be later feared and despised. A small jagged cut peice of black Gem laid in the remaining sands.

After the horrifying sight the projection on the orange Gem cut off. For a moment all was silent, then the room erupted into chaos.
Calico calmly made his way to the kitchens overhearing tumult in captain Antony's quarters and so letting himself in to make sure no one had harmed the old man.

"What is the matter that you would cause such ruccus, Tony? I could hear the buzz from the hallways and even below deck" asked Calico puzzled if concerned

Merthyr decided to bide his time, he may be the king but he was a captive too, whether he liked it or not. He sat down at the oar, quiet and compliant, awaiting further orders as one more of the crew or actually a lesser man.

He paused silent as he heard tumult and footsteps upstairs but disregarded a possible assault for the other ship had not been seen or heard that close so far.

Commotion below decks sent a chill up Alex's spine. "Teach keep an eye on them I need to go check somethin' below." Teach eyeballed her and her bold statement towards him but then he grunted and turned back to looking out at sea; his own eyes shifting restlessly. With that Alex made he way down towards Cap Antony's quarters. She saw Calico already there and stepped up silently behind him.
"This chaos can be heard on the maindeck. That and somethin' in the air has got everyone on knife edges up there. Whats goin' on then?" She speaks to Calico, keeping her voice down and watching with slightly widened eyes at the group in Antony's cabin. Men and women Alex didnt even know were aboard were panicking, shouting and in the center of it all was Captain Antony.

Antony motioned for silence, the crew mates before him stopping in mid sentence and sitting back in their chairs as if terrified of Antony suddenly. The air was thick with barely suppressed rage that was boiling over by the mere second. Antony sat back down in his seat and took a long breath.

"One of you inform teach that he might have to keep the boy king around for a bit longer. It's more for his safety then claiming him as I prize now. I'll need ten good pirates to make their way to the shore and collect the boy, my niece, and my sister descreetly. What ever you do, do not draw attention to yourselves or I'll have ya cleaning the bilge for a month.

As for our new guests...I'd like it if you'd stay here so I could...go over recent developments."
He stated calmly as he took a swig of his mug and watched his crew mates stare dead eyed at him with gaping fish mouths.

"Do I have to spell it out for ya!? Move ya bilge rats before I be tapping ya to the bottom of the hull and watching ya all drown!"
He shouted, letting his strange native accent slip into his tone.
Edward Teach the infamous Blackbeard brought Merthyr in tail, not trusting the youth to behave when out of sight and came over to where Calico and Alex stood by Antony's door.

"What is the matter now, have you got any details for us to share?" asked Teach off Tony, more curious than troubled in his voice, few things unsettling him at this stage.

He entered the room, raising his hat briefly in respectful greeting, making sure to force Merthyr to his knees so he learned his place one way or other. It seems the carrot and stick treatment was indeed starting to take toil on the young king who was slowly pushing grief aside and learning to appreciate the simple things in life, a day without beatings, a plate of warm food, even the fact he had clothes on him for the matter.

"Captain Anthony" saluted Merthyr an honest polite smile on his face growing wider at seeing Calico there unharmed.

“Teach I need ya to get the boy out of here, he don’t need to know what’s goin on yet. The rest of ya need to take a seat, this is going to be a long talk,”
Antony spoke solemnly as he took a swig of a nearby mug.

——
Dinner was awkward as kai sat by her at the long dining table scarfing down the reminants of the meal.
“Charming boy” her mother commented in a strange uncommon bout of absolute honesty. The day began to slip into night as twilight approached and the sun sank.

During their pleasant conversation a loud knock could be heard outside the door which one of the maids was ordered to get. As soon as the door was open a shot was heard, the maid who had opened the door laid on the ground now almost devoid of all life. A band of ruff men all in black had busted into the mansion and began to pillage its riches and kidnap servents.
Lady Rosalyn was quick to act as she ushered the young pair up the stairs after managing to pry the poor chimera boy from the first decent meal he’d had in months.

Meanwhile in the city, buildings were lit a blaze as men in the same type of clothing raided the poor port town and began to ravage its inhabitants and light buildings aglow. This casted a fearful image of the dark origins of piracy where they were unrestrained and ruthless beyond measure, a time long before the articles.
"Lord Antony please reconsider..." asked Merthyr in a soft, subdued voice though Teach was having none of it.

"Down the brig you go" muttered Blackbeard personally taking Merthyr to the cell and locking him up securely, mouth gagged and eyes blindfolded for better measure, making sure the lad had no shoes or belt in case he tried to pick the locks, well aware the prince had been trained by Calico and his abilities were not to be understimated

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Tales of Eros: the never ending sea

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus