Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

"Perhaps." Alrick says nodding. "However I wouldn't hold your breath. W can't have you running in asking to learn pyromancy." He laughs. "Though you may ask if we hopefully get talks going. Though the academy of magic would be able to help you learn. We're no slouches."
"Well we aren't going to be able to go to the Magic Academy for a while." Jackie said. "Maybe I'd be able to learn the basics in Kyldrii and improve from there at the Maic academy?" Jackie asked.

"I'm sure the techniques are all the same. From what I've been able to gather from my studies. I'm just unsure if an Empire raised Y'kish wanting to learn about her people and their magic would be seen as either a show of trust and understanding between out kinds. Or an act of disrespect and potential treachery." He looked back at her and sighed. "It's a complicated thing. Where there are some who would like alliances there are others who despise us. Same goes for our own side. The scars of war can remain for centuries after it's ended." He says in a somewhat poetic turn of phrase.
"So how'd it start?" Jackie asked. "The war?" She added. She didn't remember much of it. The only thing the she really remembered was being found by Wilhelm in the ruins of her village after what she always assumed was one of the last battles in the war.

"That's the thing Jackie. The exact cause is unknown." Alrick explains. The war was a complex issue. "Tensions were up for years. Incursions and terrorist actions on both sides attacking boarder towns was common. Neither government took responsibility though and it was a tentative peace. Forces on both sides wanted war. But it was avoided. Until one day. I'm unsure who struck first or why. All I know is a declaration of war was sent out. The Paladin council was immediately drawn in. Then. Well." He looked on as a couple tears run down his face. "Then there was devastation both sides. Tens of thousands lost in total. Civilian causalities were high near the boarder. This went on for years. I would like to avoid that again if possible. The front line is no place for anyone. Even the most hardened men can crack." He cautiously glances over to Wilhelm.
"Oh..." Jackie said, not really sure what to say. She barely remembered the war. By the time her village was attacked her understanding of the conflict wasl ittle more than 'Humans are bad and Y'kish are good'.

Alrick seemed to snap back to himself. He saw how she looked somewhat concerned.
"But there has been many years. Old wounds are healing. The very fact we got this meeting is a sign of that."
Jackie nodded. "So.... have you ever been to Kyldrii before?" Jackie asked. She'd nearly completely forgotten what Kyldrii was like. Even then, she didn't live deep into the country. Her village was near the border.

"When I was there it was highly defensive. I wasn't there to sight see. But it was summer. Still freezing but for the people it was warm. In summer a man would just avoid freezing without armor." He laughs at the weather. "Certainly shows how your people are tough. But I think it's best for you to see it yourself. Why let the words of a tired old fool mislead. A lot can change in one year much less over a decade."
Jackie nodded. She was mostly quiet for the rest of the trip, before they stopped for the night.

Ingar's feet sunk into the snow of Gorbyl. The mountianous Country was harsh. Eaisly one of the worst places to live. Despite hte frigid windy conditions, life still adapted to it. The country was full of Dragons. With their natural ability to breath fire and htem ountainous terrain, they easily took to the place.

The Orcs native to the region were bulky, covered in fur, muscle, and fat to keep them warm. Inger made his way into a large trading village. Whilst no one was particularly welcoming of the Undead, the Orcs atleast weren't instantly violent, despite their aggressive nature. Many of hte villagers stared at Ingar as he strode through the village, before coming to a tavern.

He walked in and took a seat at the bar. Many Orcs got up and moved. "What do you want, Corpse?" The bartender asked. "Your kind don';t need food or drink do they?" He questioned. The Orc was large and rotund. He was clearly very well off. Despite appearances, the bartender wa sprobably fit neough to snap the bar itself in half if he wanted. "I'm waiting on mercenaries." Ingar said. The Bartendern odded his head to a table with several Orcs clad in armor laughing and drinking. "I think that's them. Now if you could hurry up and deal with your business here and leave, that'd be helpful. Scaring off my patrons." The Orc hissed. Ingar let out a growl before he got up and went to the table.

One of the Orcs tore into a drumstick of meat. What from who knew. It was burnt almost black and smelt oddly like pork. Likely some kind of boar. One of the Orcs snorted and directed the larger one eating to Ingar. Looking over he saw the undead creature.
"You the one who hired us right? That undead mate?" He snorts and then tears another chunk of flesh from the bone of his meal. "Not many people would pay to go up there. Kyldrii isn't exactly a go to location." He says as he indicates the other Orcs to move and let the undead man sit. "Much less being hired by an undead." He grins a toothy smirk. He had grey fur slightly odd for Orcs but not unheard of. The others were more brown or black. They smelt rather rodent like. The other Orcs were cautious. They weren't such a good mercenary group for being stupid. Which is why they were all prepared to smash this supposed employer should he do something they don't like. "So what exactly is the job? You gave us good pay upfront and we were promised more?"
"My Lord is looking for a very, very rare alchemical artifact. A Philosopher's Stone." Ingar explained. "I'm sure you've been told stories about them as child-"Ingar began, before one of the Orcs, clearly drunk, burst into laughter. "Oi Rogg! Looks like more than this corpse's body is rotten huh?" The Orc asked they Grey Orc between its laughing.

Rogg elbows his bellowing compatriot in the belly. The Orc falls back coughing.
"Quiet down ya git." He turns back to Ingar. "You after one of those magic rocks? Yea we heard stories. Damn Empire boys with their fairy tales." He laughs and lifts up a mug chugging the contents. Knowing Orcs some kind of highly potent ale. The smell would make you think it was something more like the boiled ashes of a burnt field. Letting out his own laugh small bits of meat and drops of drink landed on the table. Slamming the mug down he grins. "But for what pay you promised. It would be fun to chase a legend." He grins.
"Very well. We move out tomorrow morning." Ingar said. "Any questions?" He asked. "What if we don't find it?" Asked one of the Orcs. "We still get payed right?" He asked. Ingar nodded. "Yes." He said.

"Easy money boys." Rogg says with a deep bellied laugh. The other Orcs lifted up their elbowed fellow and slumped him onto a chair. Rogg snarled at him and resumed tearing apart the meaty meal in front of him. Across the bar a fight broke out between two Orcs. A common sight. One slammed another into the table before finishing it by shattering a chair over his head knocking the ground one unconscious. The victorious one let out a cry similar to a large ape as he slammed his chest with a mighty thud.
"If that is all, I will meet you outside the town tomorrow." Ingar said, before he got up and left

Rogg grinned as Ingar left.
"We'll keep a close watch on him boys. If he looks to hold out we'll smash em good." He grins not going to take chances with someone who was somewhat more sinister than their usual clientele.
Ingar headed off through the village. "Hey!" came a voice. He stopped and glanced over his shoulder seeing a few Orcs approaching. "We don't much like hav'n a corpse walking through our village." One of them snarled. "And don't like being harassed by a bunch of dullards." Ingar hissed.

The Orc snarled a mix of joy for his resistance and anger.
"What's a undead fella like you doing here? Rarely if ever see you or those Necromancer boys around here?" Three other Orcs were behind him. Two had large cleavers and the one speaking held a club.
"My business here is none of your concern, Orc." Ingar hissed. "I advise you leave before you do something stupid." He ordered.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus