Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Melstrum (played by Dreath) Topic Starter

Wilhelm looked at Jackie shocked. She without any regret talked back to the highest ranking of the Paladins. Delius was rather surprised by this as well. Wilhelm went to respond.
"Jackie." He said sounding frankly shocked and softly. But before he could continue Delius stepped forward.
"Well such a spirited one. Not holding back saying anything." He smirked to Leopold. Wilhelm simply looked to Leopold waiting for his response. Delius may have taken slight amusement in the fire within Jackie but he was aware of how much of a dangerous situation with was.
Leopold had a briefly shocked look on his face, before regaining his composure. "I understand your concern, Apprentice." Leopold began with a stern tone. "However, in light of the attack on the Outpost and the Lumber mill before it, I fear that whoever created those Chimera may be looking for a Philosopher's Stone." Leopold explained. "Once more, I also fear the possibility of a radical group of Y'kish, Orcs, or some other group getting a hold of the stone and using it to go on a rampage across Amestra." Leopold explained. "Regardless I doubt this will even become an issue. Alrik is on exceptional terms with a number of Y'kish leaders. Hopefully he will be able to have them influence the High Chieftain's decision and we will be able to collect the stone, if it exists, peacefully." Leopold said.

Delius stepped in.
"Now I must add in. You seem sure the Chimera which have been attacking are what you say? I beg to differ." Wilhelm looked confused.
"You said before you don't think they have a stone right?" Wilhelm adds. Delius nods.
"Correct Lupin. I analysed the remains of the combined Chimera you and Heinrich fought. I tried to see what it was made of. Look into how they made this kind of beast. However when I went to cast dispell on the remains." He looks over to a cauldron which holds the gooey remains. "It's obvious necromancy is involved. As well as alchemy. However when I cast dispell on it. Nothing happened. There's something corrupted about it. Like the essence has been corrupted for something new." He shivered. "It's reasons like this necromancy was forbidden." His tone stands more serious. "Though I should finish explaining about the stones." He takes a breath in and makes a passage from another book open and hover up with ethereal letters. "You see the stones locations are not all known. As of now we are aware of three. Two of which are with the Elves. The third." He says presenting his staph. "Is here." He taps it on the ground and the sphere on top opens like some form of metal flower revealing a golf ball sized red sphere. It shined with a powerful energy. Giving off a fair red light.
Jackie stared at the red stone in Delius's staff. "Whoa...." She said in surprise. Even Leopold had a brief look of surprise once he realized the stones existed and that one had been in the Empire's hands for years, if not centuries. "Well.... we at least know they exist." Leopold said. "Which makes retrieving the stone that much more important, should the Y'kish have one." Leopold explained.

Wilhelm was surprised one was here. Right under there nose all along. But at least it was in safe hands. He thought gazing at the stone. Something about it felt powerful. It sent a shiver down his spine. Delius seems to tap what could be a button on the staph and the orb closes.
"You see this one has been with the Arch Mage since the orders establishment. They have been known about for many years. Like I said we know about three. However the other four are another story." He wanders over to a book. This one looking more like a history book with numerous hand written pages. "These notes detail that sometime ago. Around a century ago. It states that the Dwarves had one. However raids unsure what by. Monsters, Orks those bastard Elves exiled. We have no idea or even what Keep. All we know is it was lost and no one knows where or exactly how. The raid theory only stands due to the time it was supposed to be lost. Which was a time when the Dwarves were facing heavy conflict." He says as the words float about in ethereal form. "The Elves confirmed this but they themselves don't know the details on the stone's location." He looks to the Paladins making sure they're taking it in. Wilhelm had a look in his eyes. A look of pondering and curiocity as he took it in. Delius continued. "The remaining three are unknown. One is. Or well rumored to be in the Emperor's private vault. The other two are unknown. Presumably lost since before we recorded history." He sits down on his chair. "So that's all we know. With three unknown it is entirely possible one is up north. But at the same time it could all be a case of mistaking shadows for monsters." Wilhelm bows.
"Thank you Arch Mage Darius. This was intriguing news. Especially regarding those chimera." Delius nods.
"If you see any more to do with them tell me. Something is happening and if it hasn't been dealt with I want to be informed. Promise me that Paladin Lupin?" He says. His older eyes showing a look of determination almost scary and concern. Wilhelm nods.
"I shall sir."
"With that, you are dismissed. I suggest you pack up and get ready to leave. Alrik is just waiting on you two." Leopold said. Jackie and Wilhelm bowed before they left. "If we find a stone, could we just give it to the high chieftain?" Jackie asked as they went down the stairs. "I don't want another war to break out. Especially over some stupid rock." She said.

"Paladin Alrick is out best shot of this being resolved peacefully. Though if there isn't a stone then that solves a lot of out issues." Wilhelm says as they begin the descending of the massive staircase. He hoped there was nothing and this was a false alarm. But the new information he learnt was concerning. As they headed off Wilhelm and Jackie would prepare for their mission that departs the following day. Wilhelm explained to Adrianna their mission and she wished them luck. Telling them to stay safe. The following day they were at the gate with the convoy. Preparing for the long trip to the Northern boarder.
The convoy wasn't too large. it was clear only Jackie, Wilhelm, and Alrick were going to be in the convoy. Thankfully that meant a lighter load for the horses to carry. "What's taking Alrick so long?" Jackie asked impatiently.

The convoy consisted of three main wagons and a smaller uncovered one at the back. This one had four soldiers in it as additional guards. The three larger ones had numerous things. One contained supplies for their journey, one contained gifts of gold and valuables for the negotiation and he front one was a mix of the two but mostly empty space. Each one had two guards in them. Armed with swords and pistols. The Paladins all had their own horses and would travel alongside the convoy. Two more soldiers were on horses to follow with them. They had pistols and were trained for combat on horseback and caravan defense. This made a total of twelve soldiers with the Paladins. One man was at the front of each caravan to control the horses. They were separate to avoid losing all should one fall prey to attackers.

"Patience Jackie. Alrick will be here shortly. He has a lot of business with this. It's a very tense situation." Wilhelm says as the clicking of hooves rings loudly as a horse approaches. Atop a chestnut coloured horse was Alrick. He was an older Paladin well over a decade older than Wilhelm. His hair was grey and thinning on top and eyes were aged just as much. Wrinkles around his eyes and smile made him seem like a kindly grandfather.
"My apologies Paladin Lupen. There was some business I was needed for at the temple. It seems we're all ready to depart?" He says looking at the ready horses and carriages. His armor looked like that of a fox. Much like all the Paladins of the highest ranks had an animal association. Wilhelm nods.
"Yes Councilman we're ready to depart once you give the word."
"Very well then. Start heading out my good sir. We have quiet the trip in front of us." He says as the carts begin to pull away and head out the city gates.
"Hey Alrick!" Jackie said, her tail waving behind her. She hadn't seen the councilman in years. He'd taught her to control a lot of her magic once it began to manifest. Hell, he taught most apprentices to control magic if they began to develop the ability to use it.

Hopefully things on the trip would go smoothly. It wasn't a well guarded secret that Alrich and Wilhelm didn't get along. Thankfully things seemed to be starting out civilly enough.

Alrick smiled to Jackie.
"I see you're doing well." He says as their horses start trotting along the path. "I'm glad you two could come along for this. I hope the two of you will be a sign of what can happen between our peoples." He looks forward smiling hoping what he said would come to pass. Wilhelm kept an eye on the caravans.
"Yes that is the plan." Wilhelm says confirming. "I'd prefer it if this runs smoothly as much as you."
Elsewhere, the heavy clanking of hte Revenant's boots echoed throughthe dark chamber as he entered. He kneeled before efore the Man cloakedi n shadows. "You summoned me my lord?" Ingar asked.

The man turned to Ingar. His young appearance seeming out of place still.
"Yes I did summon you. You see our other agents have given us good information." He toys with a small item in his palm. "It's believed a philosopher stone is in Kyldrii. The evidence would suggest a mighty Chimera which seems rather suspicious. I wish for you to go to the frozen North and find me the stone. Confirm it's there. Do whatever you must just remember we need Kyldrii. Don't let our endgame be endangered." He says raising the small item a stone looking black but with a faint red tinge. He holds it into the light before putting it under his cloak. "Understand?"
"If I find the stone am I to retrieve it?" The Revenant asked, already formulating plans to steal the tone without being traced back to the Man.

"Your primary objective is to determine the stone's there. If you can retrieve it do so. However keep the big picture in mind. Do not do anything which will risk future plans. I need you in one piece and if someone wields the stone well. They could do worse then tear you physically apart. He chuckles taking some amusement in giving the mix of warning and threat.
"Of course, my lord." Ingar said. "I shall return with news or the stone." He said before he stood up and left.

Back on the trail it had been several hours into their travel. Wilhelm was over the left side of the convoy keeping an eye out for signs of raiders or beasts. Jackie and Alrick were the other side on horseback as they clopped along the dirty but noticeable road.
"So Jackie how has your training been finding you? I heard the reports of your magic prowess being used on some earlier missions. Sounds most impressive.
Jackie nodded. "Yeah I've gotte nalot better since you ifnished teaching me." Jackie said. "I froze almost an entire Horde of zombies with it!" She said eagerly.

"Impressive. Your people have always been skilled with ice magic. Some things it would seem are just in built." Looking around the country side it was a pleasant trip. The sun was in a position indicating around three in the afternoon. They kept going. They had many many miles to travel. "Have you had any luck with holy magic?"
"I haven't started on that yet. Wilhelm says I'm not quite ready for it." Jackie said. "I think I might be able to pick up some fire magic though while we're in Kyldrii." Jackie said. "Alot of Y'kish are good at fire too." She said.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Deadly Tension (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus