Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Raven (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Raven had become surrounded by guards and she was desperately trying to fight them off. Her eyes turned green and began glowing as two large rocks in the shape of spheres Rose from the ground. They split apart and hovered over to a group of the guards, before slamming together, trapping them inside their new Rocky dome. Though Ravens eyes widened as she heard a voice speaking to her, and a look of annoyance spread on her face.

"Crow....please tell me we're not developing a third spirit inside of us...."

"no, it's not that. I think it's the succubus! She's trying to get us out of here!'

Crow says before looking around, and suddenly there was a bright light engulfing the entire area. She recalled the girls words, and decided that whatever happened would happened. She closed her eyes and let the light engulf her, feeling a strange sensation come over her body. She didn't open her eyes because the light proceed to be blinding.

"raven, open your eyes.."

When the light disappeared from her eye lids, she opened her eyes and blinked a few times, taking notice of her new surroundings. She was several miles away from the town that had been holding her captive, and the biggest smile spread across her face as she flopped onto the ground, staring up at the stars.

"We're free..."
Will Stone (played anonymously)

Will, having now taken all The swords out and got a grip on himself, heard the woman's words and went with it, still fighting off the guards as they came closer. When he saw the light, he spun around and knocked back some of The guards and let The light engulf him. He closed his eyes due to the light being so bright and opened them again when he noticed it was gone, finding himself in the forest next to Raven.
Ven'Rhi (played by OneManBand1)

Rhi jumps and snaps out of the half sleep she was in when the magic energy pulsed through the forest. What was that? The swarm of fireflies mutter as the wolf girl perks her ears, looking around for the origin of the magical pulse. The fireflies move into the shape of an arrow, pointing in the direction of the magical energy. that way! They say excitedly. Rhi hops up and nods, knowing exactly where to go. She Rushes off in the direction of the magical energy with the fireflies close behind.

Soon after she darts off, she arrives at the scene. Though sudden, what has happened hits her like a boulder; somehow, everyone from the arena had teleported here. Using the trees as cover, Rhi hides a decent distance away, just to see what the new people do.
Sarina (played by SomeFazbear)

((LET ME FIX THIS))
Lilim (played anonymously)

Lilim came out of using her magic and had to land on her hands and knees, drooping her tail around her on the ground. Casting a spell like that took a lot of power out of her, and she certainly needed a moment to recompose herself.

Elesa would run up to Lilim worriedly after putting her charms back on her belt, "Big sis, are you ok?" she asks worriedly.

Lilim would nod slowly, "Y-yeah... I'll be ok... Just... Used up... A lot of... Magic power... Just then..." she pants weakly.

Elesa wouldn't know what else to do, so for a moment she leaves Lilim sitting there, stepping closer to Raven, "Um... Excuse me... Miss?..." she says nervously, trying to get Raven's attention. But would Raven be so keen on giving the time of day to a human child just because she had those magic charms on her belt and could use magic like anyone else in the small crowd? Elesa would wait a few seconds before trying to speak again, "Th-thank you for saving me..." she says with a legitimate gratitude to her voice. She'd give a polite bow of her head as she says this, then the child starts to walk around and tries to check up on the others that had been pulled from their waiting cells and cages, as well as from shackle lines and other methods of detainment and forceful control that had previously been removed from them thanks to Lilim's spell. She'd introduce herself as politely as her little heart could, and she'd check and see if anyone was hurt and if she could use her magic to try and help them heal.

Speaking of healing, Lilim would slowly be getting her magic power back, and a couple of minutes after Elesa went to try and help the others, Lilim finally got enough power back in her to get up and hover again, at least that was something. Lilim would have to feed soon though, but she doubted any of the powerhouses of magic around her would be any too willing to donate some life essence to her, especially with a war going on between them and the humans. It was likely the case that no one felt they could afford to sleep a full day away just to make sure one Succubus wouldn't starve.

Raven continued staring at the stars, partially lost in thought and partially lost in her internal conversation with crow, when a voice roused her from her thoughts as she looked up, to see the girl from earlier standing over her. She sits up and looks up at the girl, tilting her head in curiousity as to what she wanted, and remained silent so the girl could speak. When the girl thanked her, her eyes widened in surprise. Not many people were kind to her, so to get a thanks for helping her out was completely unexpected.

Meanwhile she watched the girl bow her head and walk away before smiling, and looking around at all the creatures. She then noticed lilim, who looked weakend and was struggling to get up. Regardless of the fact she managed to hover, raven got up and sprinted over to her, grabbing her wrist and gently pulling her to the ground and slinging her arm over her shoulder to help support her.

"That was amazing! I can't believe you got us all out of here!!"

"but your weakened...I can sense it....you need help."

"Is there anything I can do? Anything at all, just name it! You saved my life, so I'd like to help you get your strength back! It's the least I can do!"

Watching on from in the trees, on guard, Sarina sat silently. "..." Being neither Human nor witch, she hadn't taken a side, although she was quite a threat. She intended on not being noticed as she sat there, observing.

They escaped the human imprisonment location, that's impressive. She thought to herself, almost smiling. Having nothing else to do, she just witnessed them all.

Will looked around before sheathing his sword, still looking like a man sized lizard. Looked around at everyone he took a deep breath. "Well, that was something to talk about." He said, sitting out the wad of herb putty and reached in his bag and grab another pinch with his clawed fingers, putting it in his mouth like he did the first wad and sucked on it.
Slime (played by Derglet)

It would be at this time Slime bumped into the group- well, 'bumped' isn't the right word. One could say the two friends landed on top of some members, covering them with Slime's gel. Journal landed on the ground in one piece, coated in sticky blue. Slime would be freaking out, as it had no clue that they were there. Journal hadn't been paying attention themself, so such incident was inevitable. Hopefully, one of them wouldn't harm Slime's brain.

(So I guess I've been ignored? :/ )

Will felt something cold and wet land on his shoulder and looked over to see what it was. He was a book inside a blob of slime and picked it up, holding it in his hand. "Where did you come from?"

Lilim was so focused on Elesa walking around and trying to be nice to everyone and trying her best to help and make friends that she didn't see Raven coming to grab her by the wrist and get her spun into a crutch carry, even though while hovering Lilim was light as a feather.

Lilim would squeak an 'Eep' as Raven caught her off guard, but blinked away the daze after a second, "Uh... Hehe... Well, I guess the first thing you can do is let me hover on my own, hun... Not to be rude or anything, I do appreciate the gesture, I promise... Um... Second... Could we have a proper introduction while we've got a calm moment?... I'm Lilim, and that helpful little girl over there is my adopted sister, Elesa. The village we were staying in was where Elesa learned to use magic through her seals, and she used to have a hobby of drawing multiple copies of them on slips of paper, but they always burned up after a single use, so I custom made each of those charms on her belt as a gift to her. Hehe, I'm not expecting any kind of special story like that if you don't wanna share. All I'm asking for is your name. At this given moment I think that's all I can ask you for." she says with a soft smile, moving her right hand to cup around the crook of her left elbow cutely.

Sarina took notice of this... slime... thing... and she wondered what its intentions were. She couldn't tell whether it was a hostile or a friendly. And in order to find out she would have to reveal herself... but if the Witches were hostile she would not stand a chance... So came a choice... reveal herself to the others and risk being attacked by the Witches, or attack the Slime and not take any chances...
What do I do?! she asks herself.
Wrath (played anonymously)

Wrath had been walking alone for quite some time, he didn't know where he was walking to, just that he was going there. He wore a cloak that covered most of his body, including his face. After the lastest incident in the last village he had been in he had to cover his face. He could still hear the yelling as he was chased from town. As he walked he began to hear voices, for a second he believed he was being followed, but they came from ahead of him so that couldn't be it. He tried to stay out of sight, not taking a chance.

Ravens face turned red as she quickly let go of lilim, allowing her to float on her own. She rubbed the back of her head embarressed before finally catching the girl's name. Lilim and elesa. She nodded as she eyed lilim before smiling.

"My name is Raven."

She says as her eyes turn black and crow speaks to lilim.

"and I'm crow. Sorry if our situation is a bit confusing, but believe me it's just as confusing to us sometimes."

"Are you sure you don't need anything from me? I'd like to help you get your strength back as repayment."

She says before lifting her feet in the air to criss cross her legs. She was literally sitting on air. She tilts her head at her, looking her in the eyes as she waited for a response. some way she could help. Despite the circumstances she really did want to help, but she couldn't if they wouldn't let her.
Ven'Rhi (played by OneManBand1)

Noticing that the group of non-humans- save for the little girl- were not in an aggressive state, Rhi takes the initiative to push her way through the trees. Slowly at first, she takes one step at a time as she approaches the group, her posture that of an open, non-aggressive stance that suggests peace and non-hostility. The swarm of fireflies follow suit behind, all bundling up into a smaller swarm above her shoulder.

"Uh... h-hi!" She says awkwardly in the general direction of the group, her attitude returning once more to that timid, shy state that had escaped her in favor of the aggressive, fighting nature back at the arena.

"I uh, I was there to rescue you all but uhh.. I see you all.. m-made it out safe." She holds her elbow shyly with a bright blush, the fireflies all timidly floating above her shoulder.

She then finally took notice of the cracking sound beneath her.

Well, today's a great freaking day. She thought to herself as the branch she was on snapped, causing her to hurtle towards the ground. The impact causes her to accidentally unleash 10k volts of electricity in completely random directions. "CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! ...Ow..." She said...

Lilim had no choice but to ask since Raven insisted so heavily on helping her. Collecting her thoughts, she'd give her tail a steady sway and flick before speaking, "Well... Would it be possible for you to spare some life essence?... As you probably already know, that's what Succubae need as sustenance... I feel really bad for asking, since I'm practically asking you to give me a portion of your life force... In fact-" she continues with a shake of her head, backing away from Raven slightly, "-I cant ask you for that... Not while the humans are acting like savages... I'd rather make a few of them sleep away a few days of their lives..." she says in a half modest tone, with the last part being said quietly. Lilim was no killer, but she was rather fond of making humans have to rest after spending some time with her.

Elesa would move around and speak to Will again, making sure he was ok. Seeing Slime in his hands, she'd giggle and step a little closer, keeping her hands to herself as she looks on, "Hello again sir! How are you feeling?... Do your wounds still hurt? Can I help you heal a little more?... Oh, what's that?... Heeheehee, awww, so cute." she says during the chain of events. Suddenly she'd hear thunder and would jump and dive under Will's tail, clinging to him and whimpering for a few seconds. She'd move out from under him again and look to him in half a panic, "Uh... Um... P-please forgive me... I... I promise it's not either of you..." she says before turning and running back to Lilim, "Big sis!!!" she calls out quickly. When she got up to Lilim, she'd cling to her timidly, still spooked by what she saw.

Lilim would jump a bit as she hears Elesa call out to her in a panic, turning and kneeling as Elesa ran up and clung to her, picking her up and hugging her comfortingly, "Elesa?... What happened?... Are you ok?..." Lilim asks worriedly.

Elesa would turn and point toward the spot where she saw the lightning bolt, "In that tree... Lightning." she says timidly. Raven would see first hand that Elesa was for sure scared to death of anything relating to electricity.

At first, Lilim would think Elesa saw a storm cloud, but there wasn't a storm cloud anywhere to be seen. Then Lilim would look closer, using her ability to sense magical energy, and sure enough she found two sources hiding in the trees, one on a high branch, and one close to the base of a tree farther away, "Hey!! Who's over there?!" Lilim calls out. No sense in the Pikachu continuing to hide. Elesa was spooked and Lilim was not thrilled. She knew they were there now, so they may as well come out and show they were no threat. Lilim wasn't looking to fight, only to confirm whether the electric types were hostile or not, and hopefully show Elesa that not all electricity elemental beings were bad. Elesa's PTSD made that a bit difficult, but Lilim was a gentle voice and willing to work with the girl. And this gave her a perfect time to give Elesa some positive experience with Electric types.

Ravens face remained almost emotionless as she listened to the succubus request. After thinking it over and internally discussing it with crow, she nods and smiles at lilim.

"Sure! There's two of us after all! So it's not like it'd be to big of an inconvenience! Just promise not to abandon us when we pass out, ok?"

She says still smiling. she really did want to help, and didn't like being indebted to others. So if this is what she had to do to repay that debt, she was more than happy to oblige. But not even moments after that, she saw elesa running towards them, clinging onto lilim as she mentioned lightning. She turned around to see one figure falling out of a tree, and another figure coming out from behind the tree. she waves and smiles slightly at the two of them. She looks at ven'rhi and listens before smiling at her.

"Well that k you for trying to help! We really appreciate it!"

She says before inviting her over to them and turning to sarina. After a quick glance, once she was sure that sarina would be ok, she turned back to lilim and smiles.

"I'd be happy to help you!"

Will had set the slime back on his shoulder when Elesa came over to him. He smiled at her and was confused when she dove and grabbed his tail before running off. Before he could turn, one of the bolts struck him in the chest where his shirt was cut open from the arena. He slid back a bit from the blast and rubbed his chest. "Alright, I'm done for today. I already fell a hundred feet out of a tree,through a roof and the second floor of a house only to land on their table, turned into a pin cushion for swords, now struck by lightning. What else? An anvil falls on my feet from the sky?"
Wrath (played anonymously)

Wrath jumped at the sound the thunder. He walked forward, curious know as to what was happening. Of course his foot was caught on a root and he face planted on the ground. Hopefully he didn't cause any more alarm, considering what already happened. He quickly got up and pulled his hood up even more, not wanting his face to be seen. He walked closer to the group now, watching for more roots as to not trip again and make a fool of himself. They obviously weren't humans so he guessed he could trust them a little. "Well what an interesting group of people I've stumbled into to."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » ~Paying The Price~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus