Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Mink (played by Minkja)

(May I join in? I've read all of the posts thus far, it seems quite interesting. ;)
Name: Mink
Character Profile: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=789&page=1104
Pre-RP Changes: None)
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

((A new player might actually revive this. It got down to just Dadj and Amaya... and then no one...))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(I noticed. xD)
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

((You're in, Mink. To anyone else: Up until the protagonist characters reach Alphanus's lair for the final battle, anyone may sill join. The more characters, the merrier.))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(Thank you! I will proceed, then.)

Mink had been traveling in this region - one of her solitary adventures, you might say. But when she had witnessed (from a safe distance) the town being destroyed by seemingly natural disasters, and the demons that attacked along with them, well..her curiosity had been awakened. She began tailing these people, who had apparently been summoned to the capitol to see a king of some sort. After their arrival, she slipped in behind them in her dragon form, (allowing her to be tiny so as not to be noticed). Finding a good hiding spot, she settled down to eavesdrop on the "heroes," as she had been calling them in her mind, and what this king had to say. She chuckled quietly as Great King Luther mentioned "mortal danger," thinking,

Isn't everything always in mortal danger?

"Let us not dawdle around pointlessly. You have witnessed the disasters plaguing this world, I trust. Usually around this time of the year, there is no volcanic activity at all, yet that volcano erupted without much warning. You may be thinking, 'Well, it's just a random act of nature, it's nothing to fret about.' However, this may be tied to the recent self-resurrection, for the most part, of the horror which we never wanted to see again. Our grand sorcerers and high wizards sensed a gargantuan surge of evil energy that could only point to this. The horror in question is the supreme God of Darkness, Alphanus. He's not just another evil god, he is the SUPREME ruler and god of all darkness on this world, and every other world there is. After his last defeat, a seal of power we believe that could rival even his strength was placed where it was believed he would revive next. We were right about the location, but we may have been wrong about the seal's strength, hence the disasters. Such, we need those who have any hope of defeating him to find him, and destroy him again. You may be wondering why we picked you all. Simple - we believe that you may be the only ones with even the slightest glimmer of hope of defeating him. Most of my knights are to frightened about the very idea of facing Alphanus, and I question their loyalty towards me and their people because of said fear, and so I sent a elite squad to find those hand picked
by the wizards and sorcerers, and gather them here. They(the sorcerers/wizards, not the knights)saw a certain quality about you who are before me today that had shown a certain resistance to the corruption that Alphanus can instill in the hearts of men and women,
and cause them to become his slaves. Needless to say, you cannot be corrupted under any circumstances. Please, you are the only ones who can bring salvation to us all from this abomination. Will you aid us in our hour of need?"

By the tone of his words, genuine desperation could be heard. King Luther was frantic and desperate in finding heroes in the darkest hour the world may ever know.

((Wow, that was a long post.))
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink, hearing the end of the speech, quickly jumped from her secret high-up hiding place, twirling downward, finally landing gracefully in her anthro form right in front of this King Luther. Grinning mischievously, making sure he saw her fangs, she bowed low, then looked sharply back up at him, the ghoulish smile still plastered on her face. This perhaps unwelcome guest thus replied,
"I accept."

Mink wrote:
Mink, hearing the end of the speech, quickly jumped from her secret high-up hiding place, twirling downward, finally landing gracefully in her anthro form right in front of this King Luther. Grinning mischievously, making sure he saw her fangs, she bowed low, then looked sharply back up at him, the ghoulish smile still plastered on her face. This perhaps unwelcome guest thus replied,
"I accept."

Luther was undoubtedly dumbfounded at this intrusion.

"Who are you?!? GUARDS, SEIZE HER!"

At once, a troop of guards stormed into the room and surrounded Mink, brandishing long swords of white mythril.
Mink (played by Minkja)

She faltered at the abruptness, but quickly reached into her infini-bag, bringing out her sword, ready to take every guard down singlehandedly. She wondered how anyone would find someone exactly four feet tall a great threat, but she shrugged it off.
"Hey, now. I just agreed to supply my services. For free. Don't you know who I am, youn-I mean..old man?" She glared up at all the guards surrounding her, a growl rising in her throat. "If any of you value your lives, I suggest you back the hell up." At this, she prepared to change back into her dragon form if things got nasty.

Some of the guards stayed still, but made no action towards Mink, they just kept their eyes on her. The other guards, who were in front, stepped aside to allow passage to the King after hearing the 'supply my services.' Just that instant, one of the wizards ran into the chamber.

"Your Majesty, there is another one of the 'heroes' we forgot to tell you about! She is..."

The wizard then spotted Mink, bewildered as to why she did not come with the others who were brought to the capital.

"...standing right there."

The King was not amused as to this turn of events.

"I should have you executed for not telling me there was another, I could have had her killed! We could have just sealed our doom!!"

The wizard could do nothing more than apologize hysterically, then he left - luckily without punishment. Luther also had an apology, towards the to-be heroes of everything. He dismissed the guards before saying said apology.

"I do apologize for this. I had no idea there was even a lick of insubordinance among my high wizards."
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink smirked as the wizard left, and immediately returned her sword to its place in her bag. Better to let them think I can be killed..they probably don't know what I am or my reputation, anyway. The less people knew about her, the better; or else the king would probably have her killed..heh..or attempt to have her killed, more like.
"Apology accepted. Though.." She looked around at the other heroes, "I wonder.." She fell silent after this, but a more friendly smile found its way to her lips, though the mischievous glint in her eye was still there, and she walked quickly over to the one called Dadj, and stood in front of him, beaming..for no apparent reason.

"Putting that incident aside, it seems you will be required to 'supply your services.' At any rate, one thing the wizards also failed to tell me is your names."
Mink (played by Minkja)

Not turning around, she raised her arm, and declared enthusiastically,
"Mink!"

((Now waiting for the others to fully introduce themselves to the King. MAH BOIS, POST NOW.))

((Sorry, I hadn't noticed this had got moving again.))

Dadj listened to the proceedings with mild interest. He scoffed, snorted and rolled his eyes at every lofty thing the king had to say. He was in fact about to ungraciously excuse himself when the disruption occurred. His hands moved instinctively to his hips for the short swords sheathed there when Mink showed herself. He was then swarmed by guards, then not... then nose-to-nose with this strange creature. When she got close the hairs on the back of his neck rose ominously. She had a weird feeling about her.

He was preoccupied by this weird feeling when he became dimly aware that he was being addressed.

"I am not in anyway inclined to have to save the world. You have no proof for me that anything you say is true."

He frowned deeply. This was playing out entirely too closely to something that made his heart whiter.

This deeply aggravated King Luther, this aggravation showing in his facial expression. He then thought of dismissing them all as frauds, and having them all imprisoned. This would doom everything, however. He then decided to present more evidence.

"I never said it was just this world. I said all existence. I meant every single world, star, solar system, nebula, galaxy, and every other universe that there is, including this one. And I have proof enough that what I say is true. You were there at the eruption of that volcano - and the release of those demons at that time was further incriminating. Not even a volcanic eruption could have broke them free - they were sealed when Alphanus was, with a weaker version of the same seal. Surely Alphanus must have broken their seals from his prison. Another thing - it is hard not to notice his presence somewhere, given that his dark aura can be felt by any living creature miles away. Surely you sensed a great evil there. Another thing - natural disasters occurred across the globe at the same time as that volcano's eruption. Piece together this evidence, along with the surge of dark, evil energy that was detected by my wizards, and there could be no other explanation."

He was not compelled by the king's insistence.

"Why me? Why her, for that matter? What makes any of us SO special?" He chewed his lip hard, his brows knitting together in annoyance. He cursed in his breath at the mention of dark auras. He admittedly had issues feeling certain dark auras since.. Well, since he was pretty sure he had one himself. "I've been through this scenario before." His voice actually held a softer emotion to it. "it does not end well for the 'heroes'."

"I know of your battle with the Arch Demon Sepheticus. A part of her is sealed within you, and that is why you are immune. It's not a special power, or anything such as that - it is that past corruptions or involvement with other dark being tend to give said person an immunity to any future corruptions. Amaya was blessed by the royal priests when she became part of the Royal Guard, giving her immunity. As for Mink, I do not know...wait..."

He shifted his gaze to Mink, and looked at her intently, sensing something. He began to realize just what she was.

"I feel a certain darkness emanating from her...it is just like that of a vampire's. I would know, I was an expert on such things as vampires, and I still am. Such knowledge is required to be a successful king in a world such as ours."

((To explain this "corruption," if you have ever played Metriod Prime 3, think of phazon corruption. Alphanus's corruption is almost exactly like that. It's not like corruption as in having some power and abusing it for your own gain, such as in politics, it's corruption which takes over your body and your mind and permanently turns you over to evil. And if you are asking why King Luther knows about Sepheticus, well...he's the freaking KING. Of course he'll know, he does rule most of the world in this story.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus