Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Amaya (played by Amadeu5_M0zar1)

Standing up Amaya stated
"IS EVERYONE OK! I hope so, Siera, that was the worse one so far. The quakes continue to get worse."

"I know. Wait! I hear something. A child! She seems to be trapped in the building yonder. What shall we do my leige?"

Without answering she ran past the boy that had just crawled from under a branch and seemed to be in a bad mood, But Amaya had no time to fight. Rushing to a broken window she noticed a girl of about 3 or 4 that who's foot was trapped beneath a board about a foot from which Amaya peered.

"H-Help me *cough cough* P-Please"

Amaya shivered at the girl's strained voice and knew that the dust will kill her. She replied:

"We're going to get you out. Hold on!"

Amaya looked up and notice that a large and old tree, over 100 years old easy, pined down the house and the board on the girl. Turning around she shouted

"Siera, Panda, and anyone who'll help: we have got to move this tree! There is a girl inside and she doesn't have much time! Please, Help!"

Amaya turned around and began the task of using her gauntlet covered hand to create a more stable path for the girl to crawl out by once the tree was moved, reassuring the girl the entire time.

Siera rushed forward and gripping the tree with all of her talons, she began to flap her wings. The tree moved an inch but it wasn't enough, She needed help.
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

The mayor was shocked by this sudden turn of events, and he rallied the townspeople to provide aid in lifting the tree off the girl.

"COME, EVERYONE! WE'VE GOT TO MOVE THIS TREE!!"

The citizens of the town all gathered and gave a mighty combined pull on the tree, and they kept doing that until the tree was removed.
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Dadj let out a sigh of frustration as again everyone went where he didn't want them. He sauntered up to the treed house, adjusting his glove over his no-longer broken forearm. He stopped and relaxed into a bored position watching the people struggle to remove the tree.

He shifted his weight away when the dragon happened to get too close as she and her kin made him uncomfortable. When the feat was accomplished and the tree finally removed from the domicile, he crossed his arms and waited to see what ridiculous thing would happen next.

((...there was a nuclear explosion, and everyone except Dadj died. TEH END. No, not really.))

The Tree was removed! Siera let loose a roar of triumph to the sky as Amaya pulled the child from her cage. holding the girl in her arms she let loose a near silent laughter of relief. turning towards the crowd of cheering villagers she shouted

"WHO'S CHILD IS THIS! PLEASE, COME FORTH"

Siera noticed the boy by the tree. His sent smelled of death and a trail of fear shot down her spine. Whatever that boy was, it was ancient, and dangerous. She did not alert anyone just watched him from the corner of her eye.
Ix Carmel (played by Monchan)

(Hope it’s not too late to jump in ^^)

Ix gave a startled yelp as the ground began to shake below her. She nearly tipped over and would have if Saeldur hadn’t grasped her shoulders and held her steady till the quake passed.

“I find it amazing how you don’t fall over” she remarked as he let her go and he gave a slight smile. She sighed, he wasn’t talking, joy. She looked around at the chaos the quake had sparked and contemplated turning around, they’d just gotten to this town but she wasn’t sure she wanted to stay, what with all the activity and what not.

It was obvious though that something had piqued Saeldur’s interest and as he walked further into town Ix was forced to follow him. “H-hey! Where’re you going?” she asked and he pointed to the house that had just had a tree pulled from it.

“Oh… That’s not good” she said softly, looking closely at the damage and the group of people gathered round. She wondered if her tall companion would do anything to help. Out of the two of them he was better at healing magic so he’d definitely be more helpful. She hung back, away from the grouping while Saeldur went to offer help.

He saw the mayor and assumed him to be the one in charge. Giving a light tap on his shoulder he asked the taller man “is anyone in need of healing?”

He was startled yet again, but calmed down and pointed towards the freshly saved girl.

"I believe she could do with some healing."

A sense of relief swept over the people. The girl was saved, there was a healer present, what could go wrong now? Well, that earthquake was a sign that the volcano was about to blow it's top.
((So much stuff happening in the last page... o_O I couldn't give a post so as to prevent overflowing... Yet I have nothing to add right at this moment. Hopefully stuff won't always happen this suddenly. XD))

((Just trying to get to the main points of the story and the major battles quickly.))

He watched the scene with rising bile at his throat. The heart-warming feeling of togetherness just didn't effect him. Plus, his vision was being obscured by specks... little black specks... floating from... the sky? Dadj looked around him.

There was ash raining from the sky and his eyes traveled to the volcano, his head following. The thing looked about ready to spew.

"EXCUSE ME, Oh merry townfolk," he boomed sardonically. "I do so HATE the interrupt your tender moments...But might you want to be surveying your surroundings? It's not exactly the season for snow, much less this kind."

After seeing the volcano, the color drained from the mayor's face, making him paler than a ghost. Fright swept over the townsfolk. Everyone then exclaimed:

"Shit!!!"

Seeing the smoke Siera shouted

"Amaya! lets go!"

Amaya gave the child to her mother before jumping onto Siera's back. They soared to the volcano just as it began to shoot lava, rock, and ash to the sky. Siera used her claws to deflect fiery boulders but could not do much else.

Dadj's face dropped into a scowl. "Trust the high and mighty to think they can fix natural disasters." He turned to the crowd of frightened people and raised his voice to tell them to gather what they can could carry and find a way out of the town right away. He hurriedly shuffled the people toward the other end of the town and turned to see where the dragon had went.

The volcano's spewing had accelerated to an uncontrollable point. The dragon and her rider were having trouble keeping in the air. Grumbling, and unsure of what he could do to help, Dadj rushed to the volcano running nimbly and lithely through the foothills avoiding the rivulets of molten lava.

((This is about the time I screw you all over.))

Dadj's efforts to stop this ticking time bomb would prove useless, as the volcano exploded into full eruption at that point. A storm of pumice stones and ash rained from the heavens, hot molten lava was flung every which way, and people scrambled for an escape route. The mayor, his family - hell, most of the people were able to escape seconds before the eruption, but some were caught in it and killed by the toxic ash suffocating them. Lava flows descended upon the town rapidly and starting disintegrating houses, shops, and other buildings. Many people were left homeless.

Meanwhile, deep underground, Alphanus was truly enjoying the spectacle. He loved seeing the trapped people choke to death, and even more so seeing the survivors of those who were left behind burn away in the lava. And he was the cause - he regained enough strength to manipulate the volcano which happened to be just within his seal-restricted invisible reach.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! SPLENDID!! MARVELOUS!!! How I enjoy this!!!! Nothing can compare...save for leveling a city, a continent, or an entire world, that is. Which will come soon enough...and then, the universe itself will crumble!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

Seeing the lava ocean cascading toward him Dadj cast a quick bramble spell and climb upward enough to jump toward the hovering dragon. He was able to grab a strap hanging from the saddle just in time and climbed up next to the surprised Amaya.

((WHERE DID EVERYONE ELSE GO D: ))

Amaya stood and drew her sword in surprise, it glimmered in the sunlight reflecting the lava below brilliantly. A fine note played from its blade, but slowly faded as time passed. Amaya noticed that it was not enemy, but not particularly friend. Amaya remounted and hushed her growling friend, she did not sheath her sword. Siera had told her of the newcomers ancient scent.

"What are you doing? At least warn me when you wish to mount! I came THIS close to chopping your head off!! It doesn't matter. Siera, you've grown quiet whats wrong?"

"I-no nothing is wrong"

The fact was that she sensed something powerful... Something...... EVIL

Amaya knew something was wrong and she knew not to pry... instead she turned to the boy.

"Whats your name anyways?"

As their conversation continued, the entire town was engulfed in lava, and was burned away in a heartbeat. Most were able to make it. Out of 172 residents, 162 escaped with their lives, and 10 perished to the hellfire that spewed forth from the chaotic mountain. The sun was nearly completely obscured by ash clouds, so it was nearly as dark as night. Flame demons trapped within the mountain were released upon the eruption, adding to the danger. Alphanus was steadily gaining power, and his invisible reach had extended across the world. Needless to say, this was happening in certain places across the globe, along with other natural disasters such as floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes. It was a dark day indeed. And, all over the world, a low, extremely evil laugh could be heard from the great fiend.

((Btw, Raven; Dadj looks about 30ish, so he's not exactly a "boy"))

Dadj found a place to grip on the saddle that didn't keep him close to the rider nor too far away to be shaken off. His expression was highly uncomfortable mixed with extreme displeasure at riding the beast.

"Dadj Avers," he shot back without looking at her. He was busy looking over the now red-tinged land and his brain raced to figure out what he should do. He recognized the signature of an ancient and malevolent force and he knew that was never a good thing. Something resonated within him in an unwelcome way and caused his body to involuntarily shudder. "Where are we going?"

He turned to look at the back of Amaya's head and really took her in. He wasn't sure how old she was, but she didn't seem old enough to own and ride a dragon as well as command such a high position. He didn't think he liked her, but he didn't know enough about her yet.

A thought hit him suddenly and he ignored whatever she had been saying to quickly scout the land below them for the survivors, among which he was particularly interested to find the Bear Man.

A good thing for the heroes, the mayor had indeed survived, he was one of the 162 alive. He waved towards the two.

Meanwhile, at the kingdom's capital, the high priests, great sages and mystics were taken aback by the sudden dark force that plagued the Earth. They knew that this world, as well as all of existence, was in deep peril. They needed heroes, and fast - it just so happened they saw Dadj, Amaya, Siera, and Akiro through their viewing portal. They sent a troop of knights to deliver the King's summons to them. Why knights? No other type of warrior in the entire kingdom, save for the Royal Guard(Amaya and Siera included)are trained to be able to kill the fire demons and other monsters that were released upon the eruption.

((Why a good thing he survived? Well, he will be one of the heroes' greatest allies.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus