Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Dadj's eyes narrowed further with each implication or accusation. He felt highly uncomfortable with this king. There is no way he could have known as much as he did. Sepheticus was centuries ago. He felt her should bolt and his muscles tensed in the direction he chose to go.

But something kept him there; that Mink animal was looking at him. The puzzle of her person tickled his interest.
Vadraaghain (played by GrandFinale) Topic Starter

"You're wondering how I know of a battle that old. Well, read this."

He pulled out a large book with an ornate wooden cover. It was a record of every major event that had taken place over the course of two millenia, the battle against Sepheticus included.
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink tensed up at the king's words, her nature having been found out. Maybe this was a good thing..but it may also be dangerous. She kept her eyes on the man in front of her, wondering how he would react to this. At the mention of the battle between him and an arch demon, her curiosity sparked. As Luther brought out the book of records, she turned her head and studied it intensely, ears back, her expression serious.

His head spun suddenly. He had not heard that name in so long and only now did it pain him bodily to hear it. He shuffled back from this all-knowing king. He did NOT like this feeling of exposure or that these strangers were given his information before he allowed them to have it. He decided he'd better just go along with this mindless quest just to get out of these chambers. He was pretty sure the walls were getting closer to him.

Before she turned to look at the book, Mink could see Dadj's face twist in a kind of agony at the decision he'd just made.

The King could not help but take notice of the expression on Dadj's face.

"I will tell you this - if you want out now, go. I will not force this upon you. Just reflect on that decision should you opt to leave."

((Sorry if I hit too close to home there...perhaps I should not have brought that up. Note that should you have your character leave the main storyline at this opportunity, I will find a way to bring that character back into it, somehow. After all, we can't have a story without all the main characters present.))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(I'm here just about every day, but I'm waiting to see if anyone else is going to post. xD; )

((I am too, I just don't always have time to give a good post or I'm not sure what to say :P > So go ahead and pooooost ))
Mink (played by Minkja)

She strolled whimsically over to Luther, almost skipping, her stilettos curiously silent on the floor; a semi-freak show, considering the circumstances. She gazed intently at the book in the king's grasp, studying its ornately decorated wooden cover. She pondered the face that the human had made, as well as the thoughts that had crossed his mind. Though usually an unused ability, she was still proficient in the art of telepathy. She wondered how the individuals in the room felt, being in the presence of a vampire.. As for this quest, well, she really didn't have much else to do. Anything to fill time and give her something exciting to do. She'd tried taking over a world; why not help save one?

His mind came back to the present and inspected this woman in front of him. She was a curiosity, one of the rare things that still piqued his interest in this long life. Apparently, she had had one too. A vampire. He pondered whether that counted as undead or not. he supposed it did. And that he should hate her. But vampires rode on the border of his opinion on the living and undead, and he had decided to give her a chance.

"What now, Oh-so-smart King?" His honey-gold eyes still lingered on Mink as he addressed the monarch.

He was uneasy with Mink so close. He started pacing about the chamber, silently mumbling for a minute, then began speaking again.

"I have been quite bored lately, and so I started reading these records tirelessly. It has been kept by every ruler of this kingdom before me for two thousand years, which is exactly how long this kingdom has existed. It has been well kept, which explains its condition to this point. It contains a massive wealth of information and knowledge, of every major event that has occurred since pens first met its paper. Should you peer within it, you will see the entire history of this kingdom, every legend, every war, everything. Even a history of the past rulers, and their memoirs. This book is how I know of your encounter with that demon. This is how I know of that blasted dark god that threatens everything. In fact, this is how I know most things, and is why I have had so much success."

He paused for a moment and considered something. He then continued.

"I am due to step down from my throne soon, now that I think about it. I'm not immortal, like some of those present today, and my life is limited. Sadly, I have no blood heir to my throne...that is another reason I have called you all here today. Should you return alive, I will offer one of you my position."

He became uncomfortable, and wanted a change in scenery. The main chamber no longer felt suiting to the current conversation.

"Come with me to the throne room. I think it would be better suited to this conversation."

Not bothering to call any servants, he opened the large doors to the throne room himself, and stepped inside, and then walked over to his throne and sat down.
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink had to recover her composure from the few seconds her mouth had been twisted cutely into a pout as the king moved away with the book. As he began to speak again, she went back to stand in front of Dadj again, still facing Luther. She muttered to herself here and there, saying things such as "Two thousand years..younger than me.." and "I wonder if there are dirty things in the memoirs," but not very loudly. At the mention of his mortality, she thought of offering everlasting life..but remained silent.

"Certainly," she replied to his offer of a change in scenery. She was curious about the rest of this building; and if it had any sparkly trinkets she could swipe. She followed him into the throne room, giving the human behind her a quick glance, and finally flopped down cross-legged in front of the old man as he seated himself on his throne. A majestic sight indeed.

Sadly, however, some prankster had placed a whoopee cushion in his throne. When the King sat down...*insert hilarious, drawn-out, exaggerated farting noise here* How the prankster had broken into the King's throne room, nobody knows. A suitably embarrassed reaction came from Luther.

"Erm...ummm...EXCUSE ME."
Mink (played by Minkja)

--I retract my previous statement.

Dadj's eyebrows lifted slowly at the ridiculousness that had just occured before him. He and nothing to say about the situation and instead tried to forget it entirely. His expression went fklat as he waited for the conversation to resume.

((I'm going to take a wild shot and say my attempt at a humorous intervention fell flat on its face...))
Mink (played by Minkja)

(um, yeah... xD; )

((Gonna take a guess and say neither of us knew where to go with that...))
Mink (played by Minkja)

Pretending nothing had happened, Mink looked at the ceiling, searching for something, anything, shiny. She looked again looked at the king.
"So," she said amiably, "about that book. May I read it?" Her eyes glistened excitedly as she waited for an answer.

(My sorry attempt to repair things.. >_>)

Dadj's patience had reached the last grain and his anger rose like steam, reddening his face. He crossed the space between them and gestured around the room.

"Aren't we all in some kind of mortal danger? WHY are we still dawdling around here when you claim we could all be dead come morning?"

He spun on his heels and faced Mink now, his brows knit in a deep frown. "If we're to go on a quest, why haven't we gone yet?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Shrouded within Darkness

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus