Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Kingdom of Eldania

He chuckled a bit.
The royalty? Yes she is nice. Very beautiful. She may have a problem with the hole though. And true the king didn't define a time frame but I hate dilly dalleying around. Now let's go before my pet hungers for what flesh you have left.

He then turned around and walked off towards the city gate slowly.

You got 5 minutes. If your not at the front gate by then my pet will devour this entire kingdom. Including the pretty one you speak of.
Nitsua (played anonymously)

The elf wasn't sure she liked throne rooms. Probably not. She wasn't fond of royalty either, but she could handle that. She had received an invitation. The King sitting on that throne knew about her. About her goals, about her wishes and dreams. How? She had no idea. She wasn't exactly the shadowy, mysterious type, but still...

The two men who had led her bowed before the King. She did not, instead walking over to him, to speak face to face. The conversation that followed would last but a couple of seconds.

"Why was I summoned here?", she asked.

The King smiled. "I have this person I want you to keep an eye on."

"Who?"

"A man."

"Why?"

"He's keeping an eye on yet another man, but I trust neither."

"Do you trust me?"

"No."

Nitsua nodded. "What will I earn from this?" In a flash, two blades were unsheathed by the elf, one of them pointing at the King's throat. He didn't even blink.

"The strongest of my champions will face you in battle.", he said calmly. For the first time, the elf's eyes sparkled.

"Very well." She turned around to leave...

...but she stopped when she was asked to wait, and the King spoke again. "Do not hesitate to use force if they do anything... wrong."

"I will trust my own judgment on that."

She had remembered the way from the castle gates to the throne room, so she showed herself out. Once outside, the two spirits withing her swords, Redentor and Castigadora, would bombard her with witty remarks and questions, respectively. She ignored them. She had an assignment, after all.
Various Characters (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Capell chuckled, softly though so the others wouldn't notice well. They always have a problem with the hole...

"Interesting?" he said to Mink. "Well, I'm flattered. You're rather interesting yourself, now aren't you?" He listened to Lazaras and sighed softly through his nose, only half-patient.

I don't think dear kingsy would be very satisfied with that plan, my impatient companion. I know he doesn't trust me, but did he have to send someone so obvious? I'm a thief for the gods' sake, how am I supposed to do my sneaky business if I have you towering around me? Don't get your knickers in a bunch, I'll be there soon.

To Mink, he said, "What would you like to know about me then, my lady?"

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a female leaving the castle. Uhoh. Something in his gut told him that wasn't quite a good sign.
Ilo Howell (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

((I wrote her a bare bones profile... but now I have to actually catch up on reading this! @_@))
Mink (played by Minkja)

A charming smile found her lips. She shifted from one foot to another as she uncrossed her arms.

"I would simply like to know about you. Perhaps we could find someplace to talk. I will in exchange tell you about myself, of course." She looked over at the twins. "Or perhaps we could all get something to eat." Mink noticed the elf heading their way. Hm.
He chuckled softly as a light smirk crossed his face.
Ever hear the saying 'don't judge a book by it's cover? When we get to where you need to go you'll be the only one who knows of my actual physical presence. I am quite skilled in illusion inducing magics, telepathy...obviously and also I am a demon of the possessing type. You will be the only one who knows where I am at all times. I will maintain a constant telepathic link to ensure communication in case you wind up in a tight spot. Don't worry about me. And tell that one...Mink...if she likes adventure she can join us. I'll personally watch over her so you can focus on your mission and extend the same emminities I just informed you of to her as well.

Lazaras then leaned against the gate to the kingdom in silence.
Mirage blushed as Capell whispered to her, quite confused on what to think. She looked to her brother, who was scowling at the male fiercly. He obviously did not like him. And though Trey had not heard what was whispered, he knew it was nothing good. He looked to Mink, hardly liking her suggestion anymore. He didn't want to mingle with them any longer than he had too. But before he replied, Mirage spoke up.

"That would be fun! Let's get together then! I found this really nice place just near the edge of the city. It looks really nice," she said, looking at them all cheerfully.

"I think... we should find something else to do..." her brother said, trying to be nonchalant about it.

"But you just said you were hungry," she replied. Trey gave a heavy sigh, feeling he wouldn't win this one.

"Right. I just lost my appetite momentarily, but I know how much you like meeting new people." He rubbed his forehead, thinking of all the trouble that might come from this.

Capell held back a groan at Lazaras' telepathic words.

I hate working with other people...
He couldn't help it, it was the thief in him. Thieves tended to stab each other in the backs (sometimes literally) when it came to cooperation. Let me be social for a bit, hm? Then I can go on this little mission and we'll be done quickly. If you have me leave before I've gotten to know the lovely ladies, you'll be reading them in my thoughts the entire mission, I will be very distracted and perhaps I'll even fail. So. Which shall it be, hm?

Outwardly, to the girls (and boy), he smiled one of his charming smiles. "That sounds fantastic. I'm not particularly hungry at the moment but I wouldn't mind at all following you and keeping you all company while you eat." He winked to both Mirage and Mink. "I'll tell you more about myself while we're there, hm? Perhaps we can become more than slight strangers."
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink beamed and put her hands in her pockets. She finally had a chat to look forward to. She didn't often do things like this, but the break from solitary journeying, though brief, was welcome.

"Brilliant. Then we're agreed. Mirage, lead the way, please." She directed her smile at the girl. Hopefully she wasn't being too creepy with the sudden friendliness.
Mirage smiled at Mink, glad at the sudden change in her mood. She quickly took the lead, taking them down the busy streets toward the edge of the city. Trey followed close behind, but seemed much less enthused about it all. He had always found it best to let his sister have her way every now and then.

Soon, Mirage stopped in front of an older looking building, with a sign by the door, saying Cabliar's. She had no clue what type of food they served, but the name just stuck out.

"I hope they are good. I heard some people mention this place while we were walking." She turned giving a smile to them.
Mink (played by Minkja)

(Going to bed now.. x: I'll post as soon as I can tomorrow. Night!)
He smirked a bit at the thiefs comment and shrugged lightly.
Well I will give you that you pose a good argument but answer me this. Are you truly that bad of a a thief that a simple pretty face is enough to distract you from completing you job? If so I may as well go tell the king to end your after life now. He doesn't take kindly to weakness like that. Rather pitiful if you ask me. No wonder you got that hole in your head.

Capell followed the girls, letting the smirk from Lazaras' words come to his face since it wouldn't seem too odd to observers.

Unfortunately, you're right. A pretty face isn't quite enough to distract me. It takes a pretty body too, if I'm going to pay any attention at all during a mission. Might be why I failed a couple thievings, but oh well. I survived those. And that hole in my head is from an overzealous bountyhunter, thankyouverymuch. It was an accident.

He walked into the shop with the girls and Trey, holding the door open for them. "It smells lovely. I'm sure you girls will have a wonderful meal." Well, he and Trey allegedly were 'not hungry'. Capell unfortunately was in for incredible torture. The smell of delicious, mouth-watering delights hit his nose immediately. He longed for just a bite of food, but he had to keep with appearances.

Why were you assigned to me anyways? And by the way, even if you told the king he still wouldn't kill me. He needs me, after all. I'm too valuable. It's not every day a king gets to have an undead thief in his control.

He would pull out the chairs for the girls individually, helping sit them and then he would take his own seat. Always a gentleman. And always a charmer, because there came that trademark smile upon his features. "So what brings you two beautiful ladies to Eldania?"
He chuckled lightly at Capells comments before responding.
Regardless of how you got the hole in your head. That doesn't really matter. Point is mission completion. And perhaps the king won't kill you because of your personal level value to him. It's very true that a undead thief is indeed a valuable aspect dependent of course upon the circumstances at hand. As for why me...honestly. I have no clue. That confuses me as much as you. Perhaps he's expecting you to run into problems where my sheer brute force and abilities can assist in getting you out of a bind. Or perhaps he just feels it would more more intimidating to the victims of your mission if a undead theif and a demon of my stature stand before them. I could care less truthfully. As long as my blade and pet get fed the blood they crave i'll be happy. All there is to it. And speaking of blood...while your in there see if they have any bovine that are not yet slaughtered. I can smell the delicacies of that place from here and it makes me kinda hungry. Ask in a way where your just curious as to what kind of cattle they use and so forth. All I need is where they are kept. I'll handle the rest.
Trey watched Capell closely, not trusting him one bit. He felt there was something quite a bit off about him, and he didn't like it one bit. And also the fact that Capell had been hitting on his sister; he wasn't going to let that go easily either. "So, Capell, what is it that you do, exactly?" he asked as they were seated an overly large wooden table.

Mirage looked to him as well, interested in the answer to Trey's question. "And Mink too," she said, showing the woman a friendly smile, not wanting to leave her out of the conversation. "We are mages from Delnor. We are mostly just wanderers right now. At least until we get some le-- OW!" Mirage rubbed her leg after Trey kicked it.

"Sorry, my foot slipped," he said, looking at her, giving a mental sigh at her naiveness.

Capell simply gave a mental chuckle. Yes, yes I will.

When Trey asked the question, he gave a simple shrug. "I do some grunt work for the king. Nothing special." He smiled at Mirage. "Mages? I knew there was something special about you." When Trey's leg 'slipped', he smiled mischeviously at Mirage. "Would you like me to kiss your injury, my lady? It might make you feel better." He winked and chuckled lightly, lifting his hand and waving it dismissively.

"Calm down, calm down. I'm simply joking. I would never invade a lady's privacy like that."
Cue mental snicker.
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink looked to Mirage, smiling back. At least she wasn't being glared at. The woman snorted quietly when Trey "accidentally" kicked his sister. Had her jackal ears been out, they would've perked slightly at Capell's mention of working for the king. Hmm.

"I am mostly a wanderer, like yourselves. I travel from place to place seeking adventure, danger, love from a stranger.." She glanced at the two men, then laughed. "No. That last part was a lie. But adventure and danger, definitely."

She ordered food for herself, mentally hoping the people here would take her money since she had no idea what the currency was. She was always forgetting important things like learning the ways of the places she visited..

(lol All Dogs Go to Heaven reference..forgive me. xD)
As he was inside Capells head via telepathic link he had head the entirety of the conversation and shrugged a bit before opening a link to Mink as well.
Adventure and danger eh? Well then tell that undead thief to hurry his backside up because me and him are about to head out on such a journey. And since he seems so into the Mage that he hasn't asked I told him to tell you your more than welcome to join us and I would provide the same emminities as I will provide him.

Capell took some time to talk to one of the workers in the building and ask about the cows for Lazaras. The information was then repeated via telepathic link.

"Really, Mink? Sounds interesting. I'm sure you have a lot of tales you could tell." He didn't order any food of course, keeping to his premise that he just wasn't hungry. Unfortunately, Capell was completely unaware of the conversation between Lazaras and Mink.

If he had known, he'd be fairly angry.
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink almost fell out of her seat, she had jumped so violently. She apologized and straightened herself out. It had been a while since anyone had spoken to her telepathically. Not being able to send telepathic messages out, she hoped Lazaras was still inside her head so he could hear her. Otherwise, he just wouldn't get the message.

You must be that man from earlier..greetings. Undead, huh? That explains the feeling I was getting. Though I was hoping to learn that from him. Anyway, I wasn't aware I was keeping him (and you) from anything. Terribly sorry. And thanks for the invitation, I accept! Though, I am going to have to ask you to wait patiently for just a bit longer.

She paid for her meal once it arrived with a few gold coins, hoping that they were acceptable. Though the food would only turn to ash in her mouth, appearances were everything, so she tucked in.

"Capell." She gave him a knowing look, then, "How is it working for a king? From the look of you, I don't think your type of 'grunt work' involves a lot of fighting. And yes, I do have tales.."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Kingdom of Eldania

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus