Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Kingdom of Eldania

He smirked a bit and chuckled softly.
Truthfully as I already told him, I hate waiting. But since your a new addition I'll extend the time a bit. So take your time. He's finding me food too so it may be a minute.

Edit: I hate when I accidentally post as the wrong character.
Mirage looked to Mink when she jumped, asking if she was okay, before she settled back in. Trey, on the other hand, watched Mink in curiousity, before giving Capell a scowl for his comment. The twins both had ordered their food as well, and while waiting, Mirage turned to Capell.

"You work for the King? So, you've been in the Castle. Is it nice? Is it well decorated? Are the rooms big?" she always got this way when she became interested in something. It was something Trey always had to put up with. He rubbed his head again.

Their food had come, surprisingly fast, but most likely due to the fact that the place wasn't busy at all. Waiting a moment before starting to eat, Trey turned to Mink, asking, "So, where do you come from? I only ask because I am curious as to how far you have travelled to get here. I could tell your uncertainty when you made the payment for the food."
Various Characters (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Capell watched as Mink jumped, and his eyes narrowed slight in a scrutinizing manner. However his expression turned carefree and jovial quickly. "No, no, I don't do fighting. Sadly I'm not that good of a warrior. I just run some errands for him, really. It's nothing special." He shrugged lightly. Yes, of course he'd play dumb to it all.

A warm smile was given to Mirage. "Yes, I do. And yes, I have. It is nice, very lavishly decorated and the rooms are very big. Tapestries and suits of armor and boquets and pictures and all sorts of beautiful things."

There was that charming little smile of his again. "Perhaps I could take you on a tour sometime, my lady."
Trey of course was more or less ignored. The boy was annoying to Capell, and he wasn't fond of the 'overprotective brother' type. Though, if the brother was protecting Mirage from him, Capell surely couldn't blame him.
Mink (played by Minkja)

Her eyes darted to Trey as she swallowed another mouthful of ash. That was one question she hadn't wanted to come up. What year was this? What planet was she on? She really should start paying attention to these details..

"Ah..well, suffice it to say I am definitely a foreigner. As for the distance I traveled, you probably wouldn't believe me.." She chuckled lightheartedly. She had no idea what they knew about time traveling or world hopping. Probably nothing. Best to leave it a mystery. "I will say this, though. I was born in a very hot, dry place. It's where I spent most of my childhood and young adult life."

Now she was just guessing. She really couldn't remember her childhood. It was a good guess, however. The dreams she had always had pointed to the truth of her past.
"Ah, you are lucky you remember your childhood," Mirage said, hearing Mink. "We don't remember anything from before arriving in Delnor. But it's okay. We've found we don't need such memories to be who we are, and to enjoy life." Trey looked at her for a moment, before looking away, as if he didn't want to comment on her words.

He then leaned back in his seat, placing both hands behind his head. He looked to Capell. "I'm sure Mirage would love to tour the castle, but I'm afraid we are running short on time. We are leaving tomorrow, and I am sure you have plenty of things you need to do. You wouldn't want to... hold anything up." His words were smooth, and his eyes seemed to show a hint of knowing.

He was a black mage, and being such, he could sense demonic aura. It had taken him a while, but Trey had finally figured out the strange feeling he was having. There was a demonic link on Capell, though very faint to him. And now he was getting the same feeling from Mink. Though he didn't hear their conversations, or know the intention of the demon, he could only guess what was going on.

Mirage looked to her brother, finishing her food. "Ah, right," she said, giving a smile, but sounding far more disappointed. She could not sense the link, and had no clue as to what was going on. "It was nice to meet new people while we could, though."

"Indeed," Trey said, closing his eyes, not having even touched his food.
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink unconsciously brought a hand to the black pentacle on her left shoulder. It wasn't often that she thought of her past, her long unlife.. Now lost in thought, she worked on finishing her plate of disgusting food and swallowing more rough ash. At least she was used to it. Years of pirating with her old friends had helped with that, what with all the drinking that had gone on.

She also leaned back in her seat once she had finished "eating." So, the twins were leaving soon. Shame. She found Trey very interesting.

"It was nice meeting you, as well. I enjoyed this immensely. Perhaps we could do it again sometime." Part of her wanted them to come along on the adventure she had just been invited to. Perhaps fate would step in. If fate existed.
Lazaras quietly sat in a field chomping on what was left of the last cow in the herd as he listened in on the conversation and chuckled softly figuring he may as well as he opened up a link to all their minds at once.

"Yes...you do have a mission holy head. Come on. Trey I believe your name was. I'm not stupid. I know you can sense my link your probally curious. I was assigned by the king to watch Capell...Mirage. Don't jump link Mink did. I know you will anyways but that's besides the point...

He then burped loudly that too of which would echo inside their heads.

oh my. Pardon me. Clearly this is angus beef. Anyways. As Trey said...quit being held up for stuff. Geez I located and ate all the cattle already. Now come on. All who wish to come are welcome. My job is just simply guarding per say. I'm not your normal demon.
Just as the demon predicted, Mirage jumped, almost knocking her plate off the table. She looked to Trey, who didn't seemed surprised at all, but nore like he had been expecting it.

Once the demon had finished talking, Trey 'spoke' back, "Thanks, but no thanks. I don't like traveling with your kind."

"That's a great idea! I love traveling in groups!" Mirage exclaimed, clapping her hand together. She no longer seemed bothered by the voice she had heard, nor bothered by the fact it was a demon who had spoke to her. Trey had to resist the urge to smack his forehead with his palm.

"I really don't think its a good ---" he started before she interrupted him.

"What is it that you are doing?" She asked, looking to Capell.
Lazaras' voice echoed in their minds again to answer Mirages question instead.
He's going to go jump off a cliff a ways away. Or at least he will be 'jumping' if he doesn't hurry it up. Seriously though. If you wanna know you'll have to wait till the jobs accomplished to find out as I'm sure the king put a confidentiality level on his mission. I myself don't even really know the details.
Nitsua (played anonymously)

A female elf would step in, taking a look around until she saw the group. Quite big, and she didn't know any of them. A man with a hole on his head, and another that will be following him.

A man with a hole on his head is hard to miss, and Nitsua was quick to spot him. The other one... was the blue-haired teenager?

"Hmph."

A sarcastic male voice echoed in her mind, knowing exactly what she was thinking about - which would be the fact the task given to her was so menial, so degrading... and so utterly boring.

"Having second thoughts, Nitty dear?", the demon asked.

"Shut up.", she answered out loud... luckily not loud enough for anyone to hear her... possibly. She would find herself a table and sit, just not avoid attracting attention. Sure, as if anyone was going to ignore the stunningly beautiful young (in appearance) elf,who had just barged in with two scimitars, clad in a black leather armor, glaring around as if that room was her and everyone else were intruders.

((I would like to note that Capell's wearing his bandana, jsyk Nitsua, so his hole isn't visible. xD))

Capell was severely displeased when the demon opened the link to all his friends.

Blast it, Munchy, can't you find something better to do with your time?

He sighed softly and took Mirage's hand, "I'm sorry he scared you. My companion has no manners. As for my work, I simply get some information." He smiled innocently and leaned over to kiss her cheek. "Wait for me by the gate to the castle tomorrow morning at dawn and I can give you that tour. How about it? I don't want such a pretty maiden as yourself to get caught in the grunt work I'm supposed to do." There was that debonaire smile again and he winked at her. "You're far too beautiful for that."

To Lazaras and Lazaras only, he spoke telepathically. Do you really expect me to be able to complete my mission in a GROUP? No matter who the king sends to babysit, I still work alone.

He was more than reluctant to take on 'teammates'.

He did notice Nitsua, his eyes just casually looking over her. But, aside from her beauty which instantly captivated the suave thief, he knew she was up to something. Better keep an eye on this one.
Trey was both angry and relieved by Capell. Angered by the kiss on his sisters cheek, and relieved by him telling them not to come with him. But he wasn't about to let Mirage meet him at the castle gate.

"Well that's too bad," he said, not going to say anything about this kiss. Not yet at least. Mirage blushed brightly, not knowing what to think.

"Ah, well, that's okay," she said, placing her hands in her lap. "I'll just meet you tomorrow then." She looked to her brother for a moment, before sticking her tongue out at him playfully. Trey sighed, not going to argue anymore in front of others. He'd convince her tonight that they didn't have any time to waste. He looked to Mink though.

"Are you still going?" he asked curiously.
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink observed as they discussed the matter. Her eyes lingered on Nitsua for a short time after she entered. She brought a finger to her lip at Trey's question.

"Well, it sounds fun. More fun than just walking aimlessly about in this city. I would like to accompany them, though I would hate to be a burden. I am a pretty decent fighter, however, if we do run into any trouble."
He answered capell's question following suit of keeping his response to Capell only.
Tell me something...when the King managed to drag you to the throne room to give you your assignment, were you alone? My point to telling them all they could join is due to the fact that there is safety in numbers. I love it when odds are stacked against me. It drives me insane for the thrill. But I also know having partners with me will make things go easier. I was there when you got captured and taken to the king. I was already working for him then but I was not assigned to capture you so I was simply an observer. Let's use that as an example here. Say those were guards for where were going. You got captured. I haven't. I can blind side them and free you. But what happens if I can't get to you? Since Mink is choosing to accompany us then she can free ya up until I arrive. Get what I'm saying? The more people we bring, the better your odds of success. True thieves are soloists but it still never hurts to have back-up just in case. I'm just thinking a few steps ahead now quit your belly aching.

He then reopened the link to all of them.

Your choices are yours and yours alone. If you come then I warn you that with every adventure there is a chance for immense levels of danger and you would be wise to able to fend for yourself just in case but I will do my best to ensure all of your safeties. If you choose not to come...well then. That's your choice. It makes not a difference to me. You won't see me shed a tear because of his lacking of a pretty face to swoon over or a being to having potentially comical arguments with though I would miss the value of that entertainment. Oh and if someone bursts in there complaining about his dead cattle herd, just play dumb.

He would then chuckle which would echo again in their heads followed by another belch.

Oh my...pardon me. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten so fast...

Capell was certainly less than pleased, and his mind was already searching for an excuse.

Now hold on a moment, what about the whole 'this is secret' thing? I'm not exactly going around giving out fliers to everyone telling them what I'm doing, why, where I'm going and who I'm stealing from!

He was quite desperate to keep anyone from coming.

You're obnoxious. If you keep talking in my head I'm going to go right back to that castle and request that the damned mage cut you out of my mind. It's worse than talking to myself, damnit!

He sighed and rubbed at his cheek. It was the substitute for rubbing his forehead, which usually never ended well because a finger sometimes slipped into the hole on his head. The last thing he wanted to do was scare the young lady away. He knew Mink wouldn't be bothered by it.

"I'm sure you are, Mink. But I'm rather concerned about the secrecy of my mission. I'd have to ask the king first, unless you just want to tag along and stand by Lazaras while I get inside the building." His tone was quiet and calm, as if he weren't talking about some important mission.
He chuckled once more and shrugged.
How to I reply to that one. One. No one said they were gonna be inside with you. That's just gonna be me if anyone. And 2. Well...the Mage...he won't be able to do it.
Mirage looked to Capell in a concerned manner now. He seemed to be annoyed with something, and wondered what it could be. "Are you okay?" she asked.

Trey, on the other hand, was trying to find the best time for them to leave. And that's when he noticed the elf at a nearby table. She had glanced at them a few times, and he had a sneaking suspicion that she was there for Capell. And if anything came of her presence here, he really didn't want to be around to witness it.

"I think we should be heading back to the inn now," Trey said, pushing himself away from the table and standing up. He wasn't even going to wait for Capell to answer Mirage's question. And his sister looked up to him, reluctantly standing as well.

"It really was a pleasure to meet you both," she said, looking to Mink and Capell. Trey nodded his head in agreement. And Mirage added, "Until tomorrow then."
Mink (played by Minkja)

Mink watched Capell. She could tell he was really apprehensive about letting people in on this mission. She crossed her arms in thought, tapping a foot quietly. Well, at least she knew the demon's name now.

"Hmm. I have no qualms with just tagging along and sticking with Lazarus, and if it's secrecy you're worried about, I do have my methods of being stealthy." She really couldn't wait to get out of this human form. Her eyes fell on the twins at Trey's mention of departing. Oh well. Every party needs a pooper. She smiled at Mirage. Such a nice girl. "Likewise. Indeed, until tomorrow."

Capell sighed when Mirage had to leave. He took her hand and kissed it again, smiling. "Until tomorrow." And for the meantime, he would let her depart.

To Mink, he nodded. "Alright. I suppose it won't hurt for you to come along." Reluctant, but there was just no getting rid of this one. He'd have to be downright rude to keep her from coming, and he wouldn't do that to a lady.

"But you stay out with Lazaras, alright?"

She's your problem.
Mirage smiled to them all and made her way to her brother, who placed his hand on her head and ruffled her hair. She waved farewell to them one last time, before she followed him out the door.

"That was really good food," she said, stretching in the warm sunlight. The bracelet on her wrist glinted in the sun's rays and she looked up at it, and smiled.

"It was," Trey replied, even though he hadn't touched his food. "Listen, Mirage. Capell seems... well, I should say, he might not be what he seems. Something feels odd about him. I don't think you should take him lightly and be so trusting."

Mirage frowned at him, and said, "I just think you are jealous. I finally have someone interested in me, and now you can't have all my attention." She punched his arm playfully. "And what about Mink? She was cute. I think she likes you."

"Hardly," Trey said, not shedding even a little emotion in his words. But he had to admit, Mink had caught his attention, though he wasn't sure if it was because of her looks... or something else.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Kingdom of Eldania

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus