Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Kingdom of Ash ooc discussion

RayneLillac Topic Starter

Eli_Broady wrote:
If I add a Goddess of Fertility to the pantheon, will it be ok?
Gm approves this
Now that we are one the topics of deities. The thing I wrote before were we each could take on three deities and create them.

I Have already created the Death King, aka our death god and his heralds. I would like to tackel the head god and the god of knowledge if that's possible?

Also Gamemaster, could you add the death king to our pantheon? Give Me a second and I will find him and his heralds or servants.
Skipbab wrote:
These four beings will be the servants of the death god, his heralds.

Ebin The Collecter Of Souls. He will be the one to track down the souls of the dead. He's invisible, but you can still feel his presence. For when Ebin is nearing, a spinechilling cold sets in as he collects the soul of a dead person. He is actually really kind and great at comforting the ones who have died.

Sheral The Catcher Of Damned. She is silent but fast as the wind. If a soul runs away and tries to return to the mortal realm, she will be the one to catch it and stop it. She is mute and cold, she will just just follow the orders of her superiors, then take her leave.

These two Makor and Depina, The Accuser And Defender Of The Lost. Makor is the large brute with the enormous sword, he's the accuser and executioner. He has the ability to kill you a second time, removing the chance of you ever moving on to a good afterlife. This is were Depina steps in, she will defend the soul from Makors blade. Depinas purpose is to let the "redeemable" souls move on to the afterlife, Makors purpose is to stop the "unredeemables" from ever moving on to afterlife, causing them to loose their sentince, killing them a second time.

Now this is Shalmar The king of the afterlife and death. Don't be fooled be his small stature and his bird physique, he can destroy anyone. All of that power is locked away behind a friendly and happy personality. People can make deals with him to return loved ones, though those deals usually ends up with the mortal screwing up. Just because someone is the god of death, doesn't mean that they are a bad person.

Here you go, added a king.

Found it.

Edit: Found this tool for mapmaking http://rollforfantasy.com/tools/map-creator.php
Eli_Broady

How "compartmentalized" should the deities be? How big is each deity's "portfolio"?
I just did a small covering of how they work and their roles in the story
Eli_Broady

I meant the ones others would create. Generalized or something more specific in their portfolio? If its specific, how specific? ETC
Sorry everyone. I've been kind of busy with the kids this week. What's up? :) I will add the new deities to our pantheon once I figure them all out. There are so many new things happening, and so many new creations, It's just kind of difficult to keep up lol. If someone wants to give me a brief summary of all the gods (ex. Name - god/goddess of...) that will make it easier. Also, I will add new characters/players to the roster once I have time. I'm still not entirely sure who all is currently active or what changes I need to make. The only knowledge I have at all right now is what's actually happening IC lol. So I'm just as confused as you are atm. But everything sounds good. I approve, like RL said. :)

P.S. - all the gods are NPCs yes?

Current Pantheon:
Elena, Goddess of Forgiveness
Vagtia, Goddess of Mercy
Fedite, God of Peace
Bateus, God of Dreams
Lagarus, God of Water
Etiri, Goddess of Fertility
Shalmar, God of Death
? - God of Knowledge
Well for the death part, I have created a few Heralds on top of the death god I've made.

Ebin The Collecter Of Souls.

Sheral The Catcher Of Damned.

These two Makor and Depina, The Accuser And Defender Of The Lost.

Then to add to the pile, the king/god of afterlife and death: Shalmar The king of the afterlife and death

Could I make two more gods? The leader of the gods, someone like Odin or Zeus. and the god of knowledge?

And yes, the gods are NPCs, otherwise if a player gets in control of them, there will be havoc.
Characters/Players Roster:
Magnus Ashdown (Lockroach)
Carmen Ashdown (RayneLillac)
Thraen Valour (Gamemaster)
Caspar Blackwood (Lockroach)
Vygoren Calygarn (Gamemaster)
Johanna Mieadov (YumeAiri)
Prince Calvin Kridei (YumeAiri)
Lucifer Errat (Skipbab)
Avery Fellwater (Lockroach)
Grevious Saint (SaintMarcJean)
Two Bit (SaintMarcJean)
Faize (Michael_Rainwater)
Vladimir Topol' (Eli_Broady)

Lucifer's character sheet includes a goddess Etiri, which I wasn't even aware existed. So, who else am I missing? Who is this Death King? Does he have an actual name I can add to the pantheon? Or... Why so many death god servants? I don't know, it's becoming very complicated now. And the map borders, new locations, I don't know. Where is this new Gullred Village located on the map? Who is active and who is not? YumeAiri and SaintMarcJean haven't posted in a while. Is the RP even still active? Or are we just designing things now that we will probably never use? I'm really confused. :(
Eli_Broady

I am in the process of designing character background, which I will send to Rayne for assessment. And then I will discuss the character's possible introduction into the game itself.
EDIT: Oh, and I think I will call back my request for creating the Goddess of Fertility - Gamemaster has a point about overcluttering the pantheon, and answered my question about the specifics in the message he posted before me.

Yum I will be posting when she is able she is busy with school I'm not sure about saint I would imagine he is busy offline at the moment
Etiri, trash her. The death king is our god of death and the afterlife, and his name is Shalmar, and he's a bird. Trash his servants.
Eli_Broady

*removed*
Eli_Broady wrote:
I wanted to include Etiri into the backstory, instead of Fertility Goddess. Now it got me confused as well. I'll work around it... Somehow.

I've combined them both into one goddess. Etiri is now the name of our Fertility Goddess. Problem solved. :)
Then you can bring Etiri back up from the trashcan. You can do whatever the **** you want to do with her, along as it's pg13 and she doesn't stray away from having a personality to that of someone selfless and helping.
Eli_Broady

Skipbab wrote:
Then you can bring Etiri back up from the trashcan. You can do whatever the **** you want to do with her, along as it's pg13 and she doesn't stray away from having a personality to that of someone selfless and helping.

As you wish.
Sounds good... :)

I'm actually not in charge of the pantheon. I thought you were lol. I was just supposed to be the mapmaker, but somehow I ended up doing the roster, the pantheon, the ads, etc. lol. :P I guess that's what happens when your registered name is Gamemaster.

It's all good, as long as everyone remembers that RayneLillac is still the big boss around here. She has the GM role and the final say on everything. :)

I appreciate you for it, I'm more of a plot maker then a GM
And I don't even know what I'm doing half of the time. I think the closest thing I got to a role is that of monstermaker.
RayneLillac wrote:
I appreciate you for it, I'm more of a plot maker then a GM

I will agree that you are a better plotmaker than I am. :)

Also @ Skipbab - I don't like the idea of you completely discarding everything you have written for the death god's attendants. You put a lot of work into these. Perhaps you could just tweak them ever so slightly. Or leave Shalmar as he was and instead come up with a name for the head god of death, besides Death King.

In regards to the new mapmaking tool http://rollforfantasy.com/tools/map-creator.php it will take some time to learn, but perhaps it will come in handy. The only issue I have is that I won't be able to do it myself lol I just don't have the time, or a computer. If someone else wants to use this tool to re-create our original map (exactly as it is described in the texts), then I'd really like to see what you can do! :)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Kingdom of Ash ooc discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus