Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Fial (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Fial smiled and nodded. "Great!" He finished his meal and put away the dishes, looking at Riiko for a moment. He was quiet for a time, debating. Should he address the issue of his scars, or not? He decided not to for now. It was a very sensitive topic, and Fial was so girly that he would probably burst into tears. "Tell me when you're ready to go."

He smiled and went to his room, shutting the door so he could get dressed. He'd come back out in a pair of fitting jeans and a dark green t-shirt. Things he could get dirty, if need be.
Riiko Kitase (played by kuroi_neko)

Riiko looked to her own clothes, sitting near the sofa. She still hadn't washed them, but she supposed that didn't matter for the time being. She might get dirty anyway. She quickly picked them up, going to the guest room and changing into them. They were comfortable, at least they were what she was used to.

She came back out, looking to Fial. "I'm ready," she said, giving him a cheerful smile.

Fial let her get ready. In the meantime, he just looked at the mirror in the hallway, staring at his own reflection. He pouted at himself and then walked out to the livingroom to wait for her. Once she came out and declared herself ready, he smiled as if nothing was wrong. "Great! Let's go."

He left the building with her and Jinx (if the cat wanted to come along), and brought them to the nice clearing in the forest. It was fairly large and the animals seemed to be staying to the shady trees, so it was very safe for her.

"So tell me what your magic is like. What can you do so far?"

Jinx did indeed follow, though his attention was easily diverted to a rather large insect on a tree nearby. Riiko had to admit, this was a very pretty place to practice. She would do her best not to harm it. She looked to him when he asked about her abilities. She cleared her throat, thinking for a moment.

"Well... I'm basically at beginner level, you could say," she said, holding her hand out in front of her, and closing her eyes. A quick flame burst in front of it, but quickly went out. She looked at Fial, slightly embarrassed. "I've never really gotten the hang of it."

Fial nodded a little bit. "Hm, okay. Well are there any specific things you would like to learn? Also I can see what your problem is right away. You're starting out with fire. Something that is the hardest to control. Fire is wild and spontaneous. If you're just at beginner level, you shouldn't even try fire yet. But I can teach you how to make sparks, so you can start a camp fire or something." He smiled and crouched down, holding out one hand. His middle finger and thumb pressed together, as if he were going to start snapping his fingers to the tune of a song.

"Concentrate. Focus your energy upon your two fingers and think of sparks. Feel the magic coursing through you, and imagine it like a lightning trail going straight to your fingertips. Picture it in your head, then once the imaginary energy trail hits your fingertips, snap." He demonstrated, and sparks sprouted from his fingers. "Snap your fingers, as if you're releasing the energy from them. Which you are."

Her ears sulked a bit, not wanting to tell him she was like that with each element. But she watched him as he showed her the magic, jumping slightly at the spark when it happened. She mimicked him, sitting down on her knees and bringing her fingers out in front of her. She closed her eyes, trying to imagine the energy trail he had been talking about. Slowly, she worked it toward her fingers, like he had instructed and when the time was right, she snapped her fingers, a very faint and pathetic spark barely making it from her fingers.

Her ears flattened against her head. She knew she might not get it right so quickly, but this was really discouraging. Most her life she had been taught magikk, and yet, this was all she could do.

Fial smiled brightly. "Great! See, you're already starting it out. Magic bends to your mind and imagination. So just imagine a stronger streak of lightning as your energy, and do what I told you. It's going to take practice, of course, but you've already got a little spark happening so I'm sure you can do it."

He smiled sheepishly and scratched at his cheek. "Actually, uh, the first time I tried this...It blew up on me. Literally." He giggled embarrassedly and then patted her head. "So you're doing great, compared to me!"

Riiko's tail flicked out behind her, as she looked up at him. She would attempt another try, and silently hoped it didn't 'blow up' in her face either. She looked around her, as if to make sure no one but him was watching. And Jinx sure wasn't, having found a deep patch of grass in the sunlight to enjoy. Riiko frowned at him before turning her attention back to the task at hand. She held out her fingers again, imagining a larger streak of energy coursing through her, as he had instructed.

She held her fingers pressed together as it worked its way toward them. Focus... Her ears twitched as she did so, and she snapped her fingers, the same flimsy spark popping from the tips of her fingers. She sighed, a little disappointed. But she eventually looked at him and smiled.

"I'll practice that more in my own time. I'm sure it's not fun to watch a less than spectacular sight like that. We can try something else," she said, and added quickly, "I prefer it not be water magic."

Fial smiled. "I think I see what might be happening." He took her arm and massaged it gently for a moment, then let it go. Think of your arm as a tunnel. Your magic starts here, in your heart." He pointed to his own heart, then drew a trail with his finger along his shoulder and down his arm. "That's the 'street' that your magic is driving on. But you're the one who has to get it driving, right? And your fingers are the end of the street, the exit ramp that makes it disappear into pretty butterflies."

He giggled. "It's silly, but it might work. Try it. Your arm is a tunnel and your magic is traveling through it. One more try."

Riiko blushed slightly as he took her arm and massaged it. She wanted to ask, 'What if my heart isn't into it?', but decided to try again anyway. Thinking of butterflies as the end result might make things easier. She held out her fingers again, imagining it just as he had said, trying to focus with her whole heart this time.

After a moment, she snapped her fingers, several large, bright sparks erupting from them. She looked to her hand a moment, before she lunged at Fial, wrapping her arms around his neck in a happy embrace. "That's the most I've ever done... in my life! Thank you, Fial!"

Just that little improvement was enough to encourage her. She would keep practicing now, knowing that one day she might be able to use magikk the way she was suppose to.

Fial clapped excitedly when the sparks flew. "Wonderful!! See? Third time's the charm!" He hugged her back with a bright smile. "I told you you could do it! You're fantastic, Riiko! You did great!" He would happily hug her for a few moments, then pulled back and smiled. "Would you like to try something else now?"

He looked around and spotted a wilting flower. "Ah, there we go. Perfect." He took her hand and led her to the flower, sitting beside it. "I know you said you didn't want to do water, but this is...well, it's sort of different. You imagine water, and creature a little sprinkling of magic energy that will revive the plant." He found another wilting flower. It seemed that they didn't get the right nutrients from where they were planted. He held his hands towards the flower, cupping them as if he was holding water and letting it trickle out over his fingertips onto the flower.

"Again, concentrate. Imagine a tunnel again, like you did for the spark. But this time, it's not lightning, it's a little stream. Just a nice little trickle of water. Imagine it in both arms, going down to your fingertips and then spilling out. It won't come out as water, but energy for the plant." He demonstrated, and as the white magic dripped down onto the flower, it grew healthy and straight.

"This is a bit harder so don't worry if you can't get it at first. Just try to get the feel of it first, okay?"

Riiko was kneeling down by his hands, watching them intently as he performed the magic. She wasn't used to using this kind of magic, since she was somewhat afraid of it. But when he used it, it looked so nice. Not what she had expected at all. She turned to her own flower, and cupped her hands together over it. She closed her eyes once again, concentrating on the magic.

She sat there, for several long minutes, focusing. She opened one eye, peering down into her hand, seeing tiny white glow in the bend of her hand. Her tail twitched in excitement as she closed her eye, concentraiting more. Several more minutes passed, and she soon felt a warm feeling slowly filling her hand.

She was somewhat surprised, and pulled her hands apart, letting the magic fall. Most of it dissapated as it fell, but a few drops fell onto the flower. Riiko looked at it, smiling in triumph. She had never been able to do that before.

Fial watched her intently, focusing on her just as much as she was focusing on her magic. When she let it drop down to the flower he smiled and clapped. "That's great! Even just a couple drops is great progress for something like this. You're doing amazing, Riiko! You have so much potential." Just with the few drops, the flower brightened up a little. Fial leaned down to kiss the flower's petals and it perked up completely.

He giggled and winked at her. "Maybe when you're skilled like me, you can do something like that. I focused my magic on my lips! It's really tricky and it tickles a lot!"

He looked around for a moment. "Is there anything you'd like to try, Riiko?"

Riiko let out a surprised sound as he bent over and kissed the flower back to full life. She had never seen anything done like that before. "You can do that?" she asked, when he explained what he had done. She had only seen a little of what he could do, so she wondered what he was fully capable of.

"What else can you do?" she asked, forgetting that she was trying to learn anything. Her attention was now fully on his magic, and what all he could do with it. She stared at him in amazement, her mouth slightly open in awe.

Fial blushed and rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "Yeah, I can. I'm an elf, remember Riiko?" He giggled. "I've had a long time to practice, and stuff." When she asked what else he could do, he blushed and waved off her question. "Oh, just stuff. We're not here for me though, we're here for you!"

He stood up and brushed himself off. The rest of the afternoon would pass with him teaching her various little ways to use her magic. When he decided she'd had enough, he walked with her (and Jinx) back to the apartment. "We don't want to wear you out all in one day. You have to be careful how much magic you use, because it takes a toll on your body."

Riiko stretched her arms over her head, agreeing with him. "I could almost go for another nap," she said, winking. She had been quite pleased with the progress she had made. She had been practicing all the way home, especially with the fire technique, becoming just a little quicker with it. But she decided to stop once they reached the apartment, knowing that burning down his home would be a bad thing.

Fial giggled lightly. Oh he was just such a girl. He opened the door and let her in. "I think a nap sounds fine. You deserve it after your hard work! But I think we should have something to eat, first. I'll make us sandwhiches." He went to the kitchen, washed his hands and started right in with making them both sandwhiches, and of course giving some food to Jinx too.

Riiko sat at the table while he prepared the sandwiches, leaning forward on the table with her chin resting in her hand. Fial was so nice. Why did he seem to always be alone? She noticed that no one came to visit, or called him, the whole time she had been there. Perhaps it had just been a quiet day for him yesterday.

"Fial, why are you being so nice to me? I mean... I'm literally just a stranger you met on the street. What if I had been a murderer?" she asked, leaning back in the chair somewhat.

Fial sat down as well once the sandwhiches were done. At her words, he let out a light little giggle. "A murderer? Really, Riiko? Well I guess I didn't think of that. After all, you just have this aura around you. It's sweet. You just seem like a kind person. And you looked like you needed some help, so I helped you. Is that really such a big deal?" He smiled at her.

"Now eat up, silly girl. You've earned a good rest with your work today." He started munching on his sandwhich contentedly. Yes, he hadn't gotten any calls. But he hadn't even checked his answering machine either, not even once. Despite having been gone most of yesterday and a good bit of today, he didn't even seem to care enough to check.

She smiled at him when he called her sweet. She ate her sandwich quietly, thinking to herself. She didn't say anything else the whole time, until she got up to put her plate into the sink. She turned to Fial. "I wish more people were like you. You are the kind of person I want to be around all the time. I almost don't want to go back home."

She was, of course, refering to her tribe through her statement. They were hardly anything like her, more cruel and angry than anything. She had hardly fit in, and it was nice to know she wasn't the only nice person in the world. But Fial vastly different than the other nice people she had come across. He was so kind, and considerate.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus