Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Fial (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Fial blinked. "Myself? Well...I guess you're right. I've really been wanting some new painting tools." He rushed away with her to the craft store and bought a good amount of painting supplies, looking just as happy as he would if he were getting clothes! Once they left that store, he giggled and winked at her. "There! Are we even now?"
Riiko Kitase (played by kuroi_neko)

"Hardly," Riiko said, putting her hands on her hips, tail waving energetically behind her. "But I suppose it will do," she added, sticking her tongue out a bit at him. "Jinx probably won't approve though, so be ready for any scratchings." She smiled as they continued walking, thoughts slowly creeping up on her.

"So, I notice you don't have any family photos around the house... What were you parents like?" she asked, trying to be inconspicuous with her curiousity about the picture frame she had found in his dresser.

Fial giggled lightly. "We'll stop and get some treats for Jinx so I won't get too scratched up." He smiled and kept walking with her, stopping at the pet shop to do just as he'd said. Then they were on their way home. When Riiko asked her question, he was quiet for a couple moments. "They were nice." he said at last, speaking calmly with a little smile. "Like any two parents, I suppose. What are normal parents like? I wouldn't really know." He chuckled a little. He had been very vague, but had brushed it off so casually.

"Ah, nicer than mine, I suppose," she said, smiling at him. She didn't seem to mind the general description he gave, so long as he felt comfortable giving some sort of answer. "When me and my brother were old enough to walk, we were taught fighting and the skills we would use when we were older. Harsh discipline and firm guidance... at least, that's what they thought they were doing. I just played dumb most of the time, not wanting to grow up to be exactly like everyone else. I wanted to be unique... and kind." She gave a little sigh. "I miss my brother. He's the only one I really miss."

Fial smiled warmly at Riiko. "You are just what you wanted to be. Unique and kind, that is certainly what you are Riiko." He nodded a little and patted her head. "It's okay.." He wasn't sure how to comfort someone who was missing a brother. Once they got home, he'd put all her things in her room and put away his painting supplies. Then he'd put a treat or two out for Jinx. "Sorry to leave you alone for so long."

Jinx had been asleep on the sofa for most of the time, not even seeming to have noticed the length of time they were absent. He let out a yawn, staring at Fial for a while, before jumping up to where the treats had been placed.

"I'll be right back," Riiko said, disappearing into the bedroom, just so she could look at the clothes again. She just thought that they were so cute.

"You really shouldn't spoil her, you know. She'll get distracted from her purpose, and the more time we waste, the less likely she will be able to go back home," came Jinx's thoughts once again. He sat, looking at Fial with his amber colored eyes, seeming expressionless as usual.

Fial let Riiko go and rolled his eyes at the concerned cat. "She's been working so hard. She deserved to be rewarded. It's not like we'll stop training. She needs positive reinforcement. It's the best way to learn." He sighed softly and leaned back against the counter, looking towards the hallway where Riiko had disappeared.

He had almost forgotten that this was just temporary. It was a shame. He would really miss her company, and even Jinx's company too.

Jinx let out a sort of 'pfft' sound and ate the last of his treats. He then turned, making his way over to the window in the kitchen and staring out of it, the way normal cats did.

Soon, Riiko returned, seeming somewhat flustered after finding out that Fial had also bought her under garments. She was surprised that they were the right size. "Fial, you are just doing it all to make me feel like I owe you, aren't you?"

Fial stuck his tongue out at her playfully. "Nonsense. I'm doing this to take care of you. If you're going to be staying under my roof while I train you, then I get to care for you as much as I like! I can even spoil you rotten if I feel like it." He giggled lightly and smiled. "But really, Riiko, you don't owe me at all. I'm not going to let you walk around in the same clothes all day."

He went over and hugged her. "I like being able to help someone!"

She hadn't been expecting a hug from him, of all things; and blushed violently when he did so. "I know, I'm just still not used to it," she admitted, thinking of nothing else to say. She hugged him back awkardly, not remembering ever being shown such affection.

"Jinx wasn't too terrible to you, was he?" she asked, looking from him, to the black cat, and back. She assumed all went well, seeing as Fial didn't have any scratches or bite marks on him. And that was always a good thing.

Fial nodded a little bit in understanding. "I know. But I'll get you used to it." He giggled and then let her go. When he was asked about Fial, he shook his head. "Oh no, not at all! Jinx is very good to me, and I'm thankful for that." He giggled and then went to the fridge. "Do you want something to eat? I'll see what I can make us."

"I'm going to get fat with you feeding me all the time," she said, grinning at him. "I don't want to be like Jinx." She gave a playful wink to the cat, who only glared back at her. She looked to Fial as he was rummaging through the fridge and smiled. He really was so giving. In all her time, she hadn't seen one person like him at all. He was someone she considered a true friend; something she knew was rare in this world.

Fial giggled happily. "You're not going to get fat, you're going to be healthy! Silly girl." When she accused Jinx of being fat he laughed outright and heated up some noodles for them.

It was who he was, to be so giving. If he wasn't helping someone, he didn't know what to do with himself.

Her tail swished wildly as she watched him prepare noodles. The water slowly boiling. And that brought a thought back to Riiko. "Um, Fial? May I ask you a question?"

She had grown too curious about the scars on his back. She truly didn't want to make him angry by asking him, but it was eating away at her not knowing. "Yesterday, when I woke you in your room..." she started, taking a gulp. "I saw something... on you. Your back." She didn't exactly ask a question with those words, but it was implied.

Fial looked over as she asked him something. "Yes, of course." He turned his attention to her, letting the water heat up. He listened intently to her words, smiling contentedly, but when she finished that smile had diminished greatly. "Ah, I see." He thought for a long moment. "Well, there was a bit of an accident a while back. My house burned down." He said nothing more than that, but it probably wouldn't sate her curiousity at all. If the house was burning, why would he be in there long enough to get hurt? Did he get trapped or something? If so, then how did he get out?

The poor Neko was probably dying of curiousity.

Riiko's ears fell somewhat, feeling disappointed to find the answer not fully what she wanted. She had started to open her mouth to ask another question, but closed it again. She wouldn't pressure. She had learned better when she was younger to stop questioning when it was apparent someone didn't want to answer.

She brushed back her hair a bit, and looked to the now boiling water. Jinx had wandered onto the table, looking from Fial to Riiko and back again. It seemed, he too was curious, not knowing about the scars in the first place; nor Riiko going into Fial's room while he was sleeping.

Fial didn't even notice the water boiling until he heard the hissing of a few bubbles falling over the side. "O-oh!! Oops!" He quickly rushed to turn the heat down and get their noodles in, staying quiet for the time being. "Jinx, you shouldn't be on the table. We're going to eat there in a couple minutes." He seemed a little distressed, but that might have been from the over-boiling water. He quickly fixed up the mess and got their food all ready.

Jinx let out a meow, a hint of annoyance in his voice. Riiko smiled, shooing him off the table top. "He just wants to know a bit about you, Fial. We both find you very interesting. We like you very much," she said, placing her arms on the table and resting her chin on them. The smell of the noodles wafted toward her and she licked her lips.

Fial tried to come up with some excuse. "Oh, well...heh, there's not much to know about me, you know? I'm just...normal, you know?" Well, not normal at all. "I'm not all that interesting." He finished making their food and set it out, along with some food for Jinx too of course. "I'm nothing special."

"Of course you'd say that," Riiko said, grinning. "I've kind of learned to expect you to say things like that." She looked to the food and then to Fial, giving him a quick thanks before beginning to eat. It was delicious, just like every meal before. She really did think that Fial should do something with this talent to make even the most general foods taste delicious.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus