Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Fial (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Fial let her leave, he just sat there somberly, off in his own broken world. When she came back and held something to his face, he blinked and looked at it. "I-I can't--..." He sighed softly and then smiled a little. "Yes...alright. Thank you." He took it and then pulled her into a hug.

"I don't want you to leave, Riiko." he whispered. "I don't want you to go away." After a moment he let go of her and then smiled slightly. "We should probably get Jinx something to eat." He stood up and went to the cupboard to get the cat some tuna.
Riiko Kitase (played by kuroi_neko)

She blushed a bit when he pulled her into a hug, but felt bad for doing so. It wasn't exactly the time to do so. When he mentioned feeding Jinx, she looked around. Then she realized, that he hadn't joined them whenever they had left the restraunt. She looked from the door, to Fial. She didn't want to add stress to him by asking him to help find him.

"Er... Jinx went out... so, there isn't any need to feed him yet. I'm sure he'll be back soon though." If he was gone for too much longer, she would know that the cat didn't know the way back, and would find a way to go look for him then.

Fial listened. "Hm...oh, you're right." Odd. No wonder things had been so quiet. He opened the can of tuna and set it out on the porch. "I'm sure the smell will draw him home soon." He chuckled a little and then went to sit down by Riiko. He didn't know what to do now. His excuse was gone, and the other excuse, food, could not be made because they had just eaten. "Have you tried on your uniform yet?"

Her ears perked when he mentioned it. She had almost forgotten about her uniform and her job while Fial had told her everything. She picked up her bag, and looked to him. "Ah, maybe it is a good idea to try it on. I don't want to go in tomorrow with it being too big or too small." She stood silently for a moment, not sure if it was a good time to model it, but went to her room after that thought.

It was nearly ten minutes before her bedroom door opened and she stepped out, feeling somewhat embarrassed. She had never worn something like this before. A light blue dress, cutting off at her mid thigh, with short sleeves. Over it was a white apron, tied in a cute bow around her back. A lacey hair ornament adorned the top of her head, showing a small crest for the cafe.

"Can you help me -- with my tail?" she asked, looking behind her to show that she needed to cut a hole for it.

Fial clapped his hands together as she came out. "You look so cute!" He got up and went over to her, getting some scissors. He snipped out a hole for her, very carefully, and helped her get her tail through it. He was always polite, his hands never went anywhere inappropriate. He was such a gentleman.

No wonder he was always thought to be gay.

"There, is that better?"

Her tail wiggled about freely, and she smiled. "Much," she said, looking at him. And a blush came to her cheeks again. Now that she knew he liked girls, she couldn't help but look at him differently. She made her way to the bathroom, to look herself over in the mirror. She liked it, and it reminded her of the way people would dress up for fun. She took a string, and tied her hair into a ponytail. It looked odd to her, as she never wore her hair up, but she found it made the whole ensemble look even better.

As she exited the bathroom, she couldn't help but feel she would really enjoy her new job.

Fial smiled at her when she came out with her hair up. "That looks great, Riiko! You'll have to wear your hair up so you don't get hair in the food or anything, so it's a good idea to put it up in a ponytail. You look great!" He smiled brightly. "I know you're just going to do great, Riiko."

He was very excited for her. Besides, thinking about her new job was better than thinking about what he'd just told her about.

She smiled and twirled around once, liking how the dress floated around her. She looked to him now, her smile changing to more of a nervous one. "Um... Fial? Could you... come visit me tomorrow?" She felt odd asking him that, not knowing if it was okay for her to serve friends at her work. But she felt, if he was there at some point, it would make the whole thing a lot easier for her.

Fial smiled brightly. "Of course! I'll come visit you, certainly." He hugged her gently. "You'll do great, Riiko, I just know it! You'll be fine." He was very excited for her, and very glad that she was willing to take such a big step.

"I know you can do it, Riiko."

Riiko was glad he was always so supportive. That had helped her with her magic, and she knew it would help her with this as well. She made her way to her room, not wanting to ruin her uniform with anything before she even went to work. She dressed into her normal close quickly, and made her way back to Fial.

She wondered how long she could keep Fial distracted from their previous conversation. She wondered is she was being a bad friend by not talking more about it.

Fial didn't mind being distracted. He liked thinking about Riiko more than thinking about his unpleasant past. "Make sure you go to bed early tonight. You want to be nice and rested for your first day of work. And just remember, no matter what happens, keep at it! It's going to be rough at first but you'll get the hang of it soon."

Another happy smile was given to her. "You're going to be great, Riiko."

She nodded her head, feeling reassured. She looked around for a moment, and realized that Jinx still wasn't here. She went to the door, and opened it, hoping to see him there. But he wasn't. She looked back to Fial, not quite knowing what to do. "I think I need to go find Jinx. I think he may be lost."

She kind of felt bad, forgetting about her companion. She had never done that before.

Fial had forgotten the cat again as well. "I'll help. I helped you find him last time, didn't I?" He smiled and walked out the door with him. "Let's retrace our steps. He might still be in the general area of the restaraunt. Maybe some of the workers have been letting him dine on leftovers!" He laughed lightly and smiled at her. "Whatever the case, wherever he is, I'm sure he's fine."

She nodded her head at him, but still looked a bit sad. She felt bad still, and hoped that Jinx wouldn't be mad at her. She followed behind Fial closely, moving her eyes from side to side, trying to watch for the black cat. She wondered why Jinx hadn't been waiting for them when they left the restaurant for the first time.

As they approached the restraunt, Riiko ran ahead, looking in the bushes around the restraunt and then in the alleys by the building. She saw no sign of him. "Ji-inx!" she called out, her voice echoing a bit in the alley. There came no reply, no movement.

Fial called out as well, searching around and asking a couple people passing by if they had seen the cat. He finally sat down and covered his eyes. This may seem odd, but his ears started twitching more than usual. He was listening, trying to find the cat by sound.

"Come on, little cat. You have to be somewhere.."

Riiko went silent, watching Fial now. She understood what he was doing, since he had a somewhat heightened sense of hearing. She waited a moment, before pulling a small black gem from around her neck, that she always kept hidden under her shirt. She closed her eyes, placing it just before her lips and whispered something quietly.

After a moment, the gem gave a swift, dim glow, and Riiko's ears perked up. She turned, dashing down the alley and turned near a set of apartments. Riiko went to one of the first level windows, and peered in, seeing Jinx. But he wasn't alone. A little girl sat with him in her lap, laughing happily as she played with him. Though he looked happy in return, she could tell her cat was very annoyed. Apparently, the girl had found him on the street and had taken him in.

Fial noticed her dashing away and scrambled to follow, tripping and stumbling a few times. "Riiko, wait!" He slowed down when he noticed she'd stopped, and his gaze followed hers. "Oh.." He sighed. This would be a bit harder than usual. "Stay right here, Riiko." He went off. It'd be a half hour before he returned with something tucked in his arm, and he went into the apartment building.

The little girl was called to the door by her parents, and after much talking, she would return to pick up Jinx and carry him over to the door. When she returned to her seat again, she had a cute little kitten in her arms! Fial came out a minute later with Jinx settled carefully in his arms. "There we are. Rescue mission successful!" He giggled lightly.

Riiko was growing impatient the whole time he was gone, but her curiousity grew the moment he returned, with something in his arms. She watched from the window, and after she realized what was happening, she couldn't help but be in awe.

Jinx jumped from Fial's arm and onto Riiko's shoulder, giving a loud meow before jumping onto the ground. But Riiko kept her eyes on Fial, still surprised by what he had done. And then she jumped toward him, hugging him. "That was so nice, Fial. You could have just taken Jinx back, but you were so nice and gave her another kitty. You really are thoughtful, aren't you?!" She had been worried that whole time, not about Jinx, but about hurting the little girl's feelings when she would have to take Jinx back.

Fial was not expecting the hug, but he giggled a little and returned it. "You're hyper, aren't you?" he teased. When she explained and said about how thoughtful he was, he blushed. "Well, she just seemed so happy. She probably is lonely a lot of the time. A kitten suits her better, they'll have much more time to spend together. I couldn't just take Jinx, she'd be so sad. But a trade seemed fine with her."

She laughed a little when he said that she was hyper. It was true that she was excited, because of all that had happened today. "Aha, sorry," she said with a smile. Jinx gave another loud meow, circling Riiko before starting down the sidewalk, seeming impatient.

"I'm glad you are okay, Jinx," Riiko said, following behind him. "I'm sorry we forgot about you." There was a sort of 'huff' from the cat, and that was all the acknowledgement they recieved. She kind of figured Jinx would be a little upset. That was just how he was.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus