Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Fial (played by CelestinaGrey) Topic Starter

Fial smiled and just walked home with them, he understood that the cat was upset. So he'd make sure to give Jinx tuna the moment they went inside. "Well, it's been a rather interesting day, Riiko. You should get some sleep." He patted her head and smiled.

"You have your first day of work tomorrow, after all."
Riiko Kitase (played by kuroi_neko)

She knew that she should probably sleep, but she wasn't tired at all. She had far too much energy at the moment. But she would try at least. She nodded to him and followed him to his home. She entered the apartment and said good-night to Fial, making her way to her room, Jinx following her slowly.

She changed into sleepwear and slipped into her bed. Though it was tough for her to sleep. She laid under the blankets for a long time, just staring at the fabric. Her ears began twitching in annoyance, as she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep right away. She sat up slowly, sighing. She tried other positions to sleep in, but to no avail. She finally ending with her top half hanging over the side of the bed, as she stared at the wall. She dragged her hands across the floor for a moment, before flipping off the bed completely. She sat on her knees a long moment, before crawling to the door and opening it slightly, seeing if Fial might still be awake.

Fial was awake, that would be known from the light coming from the livingroom. He was sitting and painting, but he wasn't painting anything that Riiko could see. Not without looking in a mirror, at least. He couldn't sleep either, and what he did when he couldn't sleep was paint. But when he went to paint his sister, he found his hand going for darker colors, darker tones to create a beautiful neko that had found a special place in his heart.

He was an elf, yes, but so focused upon his work that he didn't hear her moving at all.

Riiko sat a the door for several minutes, just watching him after she noticed he was still up. She would glance back at Jinx every now and then only to see him sleeping on the bed. She finally decided to tip toe out, as if she were a child afraid of being caught out of bed. At first she had planned on just talking to him, but he seemed to be so immersed in his painting, that she didn't feel it right to bother him.

Whatever it was he was working on, seemed to have his full attention. She made her way quietly to the TV, turning it on and muting it the moment she could, so as not to make a sound. Maybe the flashing colors would draw his attention, but she felt it worth a try, rather than bothering him directly.

Fial was distracted by the colors, and he turned to look. He gasped softly. "Oh! Riiko, I didn't notice you were up." He put down his painting tools and got up, walking over to her. "Are you okay? It's late, you should be in bed. Is something wrong, Riiko?" He sat down beside her, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"If there's something on your mind, you can tell me. I promise. I'm here for you." He didn't quite want her to see the painting, so he tried to keep her attention off of it.

Riiko stretched out her legs, and frowned a bit, disappointed that she had distracted him. "No, I think I'm just excited, I have too much energy. I didn't mean to bother you," she said, sighing a bit. She wasn't exactly excited, though. Rather, she was growing more and more nervous about working. And was second guessing herself. But she supposed it was normal to do those things.

"Why are you still up?" she asked, turning the question around on him, though not intentionally. She had thought he would have went to bed the same time she had, since he had done that in the past.

Fial smiled at her. "It's okay, you didn't bother me. Just take a few breaths and calm your mind, you know? You'll be fine tomorrow." He settled himself beside her and watched the TV for a moment. When she posed her question, he gave a little shrug. "I couldn't sleep. After talking about my past, dreaming about it was inevitable. So I opted for not sleeping, instead of dreaming."

He didn't sound like he cared much at all. He was used to it. He had gotten very little sleep after the event had happened.

"I'm sorry, Fial," Riiko said, her eyes flattening a bit. She crossed her hands between her legs and looked to her toes. Once again, she was in the state where she didn't know what to say. And she hated that feeling. She wanted to help him feel better, to be able to forget that horrible feeling.

"I -- just want you to know that I care for you, and I just want you to be happy," she gave a little sigh, before she heard Jinx meowing. She was surprise to find that he was near them, sitting in front of the painting that Fial had been working on, looking at it. He gave another quick meow, and looked to Fial, and only Fial.

Fial smiled gently. "It's okay, don't apologize. It happens." When she spoke again, he blushed a little and hugged her gently. "Thank you, Riiko. You're sweet." When the attention was drawn to Jinx, who was no doubt looking at the painting, Fial's cheeks turned red. "C-careful, Jinx. Don't touch that please. It's delicate. It's still drying and all." He stood up and went over to pick up the cat. His eyes lingered upon the painting and it only made his cheeks burn brighter before he would turn and walk back to the couch to sit beside Riiko.

Riiko perked up when she noticed Jinx and Fial's nervousness to him being in front of the painting. A sly grin grew across her face and she leaned onto her knees, as if ready to pounce at the opportunity to see what the painting was of. "What were you painting, Fial?" she asked, wondering why he seemed to not want anyone to look at it, even a simple cat.

She stood slowly, taking a few daring steps toward the painting.

Fial blushed brightly and quickly stepped between Riiko and the painting. "N-n-nothing! Just a little doodle, that's all, i-i-it's nothing." He waved her back to the couch. "Really, it's not anything a-and it's not finished at all or anything s-so you should just sit down..." Could he be anymore obvious? But subtlety just wasn't really a big part of him.

He was just so incredibly shy and embarrassed to be caught painting a picture of her. And some people didn't like being painted. What if she didn't like it?!

She blinked a bit, wondering if he was being so obvious on purpose. But her grin returned, and she leaned forward, trying to look over his shoulder.

"Now, now, no need to be embarrassed!" she giggled, side stepping him and moving toward the painting. She went to the painted side of it, took a glance. It took a moment, but she realized what it was a picture of. Her smile faded for a moment, before turning into a huge grin. "Oh wow! Is that me?! It looks really good!" She leaned closer to it, inspecting the lines and colors. "Ah! It's so pretty! I love the colors! Why didn't you want to show me?"

Fial squeaked and scrambled to try and block her again, but he was too late. He blushed and stared down at the ground while she looked at the picture. When her smile faded, the poor boy almost had a heart-attack. But then she started praising the painting, getting so very excited over it! He squirmed a little, blushing. "I-I was worried...you wouldn't like it. Or you'd think it weird, or something..." He cleared his throat a little and just looked down at the ground shyly.

"No way!" Riiko said, looking back to him. "It's very flattering," she continued, with a closed-eyed smile. It was amazing to her, seeing her self as a work of art. No one that she had known had ever done anything like that, or would think to do that. But she did wonder, why he would draw her all of a sudden. They barely knew each other, and she didn't find herself something that just anyone would draw or paint.

"Why me, though?" she asked, remembering how he had been painting flowers just the other day.

Fial squirmed slightly at the question, but answered her honestly. "Because you're pretty." he said meekly. "And I like painting pretty things. You were fresh in my mind, and very pretty, so I painted you." Okay, it was mostly true. He wasn't going to mention the slightly confusing, subtle other factor. He'd just remain quiet for now. After all, he was still just far too shy.

Riiko blushed at his words, her tail stiffening at the compliment. She wasn't sure how to reply to that, so she did the simple thing. "Thanks," she said, crossing her hands together feeling embarrassed, though in a nice way. "N-no one has ever said that to me before," she admitted. Not even her parents would tell their little girl she was cute, or growing up into an pretty woman. It was hard to take compliments like that, since she rarely got them. Not to say she didn't like them though.

After a moment of silence, Jinx let out a loud meow, seeming annoyed by the whole seen happening in front of him. Riiko snapped out of her daze and giggled, finding it all somewhat amusing.

Fial squirmed slightly during the silence. He looked at Jinx in surprise when the cat meowed, and then looked to Riiko. He seemed like he was about to do something, but he held back and instead went to sit down. "Right, uhm, it's late. We should probably just watch some TV so it gets us tired and then go to sleep, you know? You have work in the morning after all."

He smiled a little at her and patted the spot beside him.

Riiko fidgeted a bit. Jinx didn't seem all to happy about the situation at hand. Although, he was keen on what emotions Riiko might be feeling. Truth be told, she was confused. Not that long ago, she though Fial was someone else, and it turned out, he was more what she wanted. But she couldn't admit that. Meeting someone, and growing to like them over the course of a few days was ridiculous. And she knew that. But, inside her chest, she had this heavy feeling.

She enjoyed the attention she got from Fial, and how nice he was to her. But she had to remember, he may have been like this with everyone. But, he wouldn't just tell his past to just anyone. Riiko shook her head unwillingly, closing her eyes for a moment. This was all so confusing to her. Was it just the attention that was making her feel this way? Or did she truly like Fial? And he had been alone for so long, was that the only reason he was being so nice, and so close? If someone else came along that suited his fancy, would she be forgotten? As she thought about it, she really didn't know what might happen in the near future.

She opened her eyes, noticing him patting the couch beside him. She gave a second's hesitation, before joining him were he had indicated.

Fial had noticed her silence and her strange actions, so when she returned to his side he put his hand on her lap gently. "Riiko, are you okay?" He thought of it more as nervousness, so he smiled warmly. "Don't worry, you'll do fine tomorrow, I promise. And I promise I'll come and see you while you're at work okay?"

He brushed his fingers gently along her cheek. "You'll be fine. Trust me, okay?"

"It's not that..." she said, but she didn't want to go into anymore detail. When he brushed his hand across her cheek, she blushed brightly. "I think, I'm in the mood for a comedy!" she added quickly, pointing to the TV to show that she was indicating that. Just something to get her mind off of everything. That seemed to be the best idea at the moment.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Quirky Beauty (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus