Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » IC Interviews

Been eying this thread for a while, so might as well get into it!

Flare's Ever-Charming Interview
Character's Name: Flarus Kaehrson

Part I: Let's Start at the Beginning...

1. What's your name?
"Ah, that would The Quasar! Although, darling, a sweet thing like yourself may also flatter me with a mere 'Flarus'. It never hurts to be humble."

2. Give me your full name...
"My my, ever so serious. It's Flarus Adi Kaehrson. More pleased to meet me now?"

3. Do you have a nickname? If yes, what is it and how did you come to have it?
"Well, since you seem so interested to know- a quasar, in your dear layman's terms, is an incredibly liminous spot at the center of a galaxy. Being at the top of your class, as I am, tends to set one up with a respectable alias like that."

4. What species are you? (Human, werewolf, etc? Or are you an alien?)
"Oh, come now, what murky pit were you dragged from, darling? I am a Velox, the finest breed in the proud apex species that are the Kiandros."

5. Where/when were you born?
"In the fabulous carcass of what once was the pinnacle of sapient life. You could say I raced up the ramp from rags to riches. That's all there is to say."

6. I see. And that would make your age...?
"Ah, quite the inquisitive one, hmm? What would you estimate me to be, darling?"

7. Okay, now... are you a good guy, or a bad guy?
"I am good at what I do."

Part II: Tell Us More About Yourself...

8. How would you describe your personality?
"Why, charming would be the first thing that comes to mind. I am not a stranger to raw talent, but it is a supple mind and a humble load of charisma that is required to get you anywhere in life, darling. I know the heart of people, and I know how to steal them. Aside from that, determination, discipline and ambition is what made me the man I am today. Ah, and have I mentioned confidence? It does wonders to focus on your own needs, and see yourself for the champion that you are."

9. Would you say you're someone who can handle pressure?
"Oh, pressure is put only on those that are unable to keep up. I don't have such weaknesses, I'm delighted to say. No, what I get out of a job that many of my colleagues would consider dangerous and, indeed, full of pressure, is the thrill of the hunt, and a chance to better my skills at the cost of someone's life."

10. Do you like to read?
"Of course, what good is man without his intellectual enlightenment? It is a fantastic way to pass time between training cycles, poetry and proze alike soothe the mind, and feed the brain."

11. Favorite color?
"Nothing can quite match the ethereal essence of purple, my dear."

12. Do you get along with others?
"Yes, of course. There have been instances where they can't grasp their inferiority to yours truly, which caused them to not get along too well with me, but those rare cases have been.. dealt with."

13. Do you have any enemies?
"I.." A sudden silence washes over the master assassin. "Well.. a man in my line of work of course has his rivals. Nothing my dear self can't handle, though.."

14. How about friends?
"Hm, you see, darling, at a certain point that you may or may not manage to reach, you will realize that you have risen above the desire to find comfort and support in other people. Do not get me wrong, there is no shame in asking help when you are not equipped to deal with the universe on your own, but once you reach the point that I have, you outgrow the need for a shoulder to cry on."

15. Are you patient?
"Ah, now that is a game only those without straight priorities induldge in. When you figure out what matters in life, you realize that there is no honor or charm in putting up with people that aren't worth your breath."

Part III: Hypothetically...

16. Suppose that you could become any creature you know of. What would you pick, and why?
"I do think it would be a fascinating experience to see how a trained indivual like myself would harness the power of a Therion (OOC note: a shapeshifting war monster from my universe, similar to a werewolf on steroids). Dear Cinders, the lovely girl I know possesses this power, lacks the strength of body and mind to control her beastly form, but I am confident that when I would be put in charge of a such a magnificent beast, I would have no issue becoming the ultimate apex predator in the flesh."

17. One of your enemies in question 13 just complimented you. Response?
"It would be about the damnest time that He'd recognize my charms."

18. One of your friends in Question 14 just insulted you. Response?
"Ah, that would only be proof that the poor thing would've become aware of their redundancy."

19. If you could change anything about yourself...
"[inappriopriate answer]"

20. About your home...
"Oh, a fine abode, that. I own a couple of houses and ships scattered around the universe, but I would say the one I currently call my home, is my combat-fit yacht. I have been rather busy lately expanding my fortune, so I have spent most of my days on my ship. Although it lacks the size and potential to host my beloved festivities, it is equipped with all the luxury I am so deserving of."

Part IV: Now We Get Personal

21. What're your parents like?
"Irresponsible, but blessed. Given what they had to offer themselves, and the sorts of lives that they were living, they somehow created an offspring that was able to achieve what I have."

22. Do you have any siblings?
"Not that I am aware of. It seems that they were cut out of the lamer part of the cloth, then."

23. What's your occupation?
"I am an artisan, a dealer of death. I am paid to assissinate."

24. I see, that's a good job to have. Do you like it?
"Oh, there is no higher privilege than to hold someone's life in your hand on a daily basis. God I am, and to be paid for it, no less, is like paradise."

25. Are you seeing/dating anyone?
"Well, I do have a serial fling going on with a G'Raakiann from one of my previous contracts. Fine thing, thighs like thunder. I am getting fed up with his romanticism, though, so I'll decide what to do with him soon enough."

26. Thinking about getting engaged, married, other?
"Oh, please, are you truly one of those boring sorts? There is no creature alive that I could possibly benefit from having around me all the time."

27. Tell us your biggest secret.
"Ah, very well. I am going to kill the Allfather. You will believe that."

28. Your worst fear? You don't have to answer this one if you don't want to.
"A man like me has nothing to fear."

29. Favorite food?
"Why, I would say that the starshark protein gummies have been quite the favored consumable lately. They are ever beneficial to tending to the wonderful garden that is my musculature, and their gold-dipped, caviar-like aroma is rather pleasant on the tongue."

30. Favorite drink?
"No matter how far I make it in my life, there is nothing quite like the artifical gnotfruit juice that I adored as a pup. Even better with a dash of strong spirit."

31. Tell us one thing you're the most proud of.
"I would say how I have built myself, yes. I have no shame for where I come from, because of how I have managed to climb my way out of that dump, and towards the stars."

32. Something embarrassing? You don't have to answer this one, either.
"Embarassing? Well, if I am to be frank with you, darling, I do find it embarassing that after all this time, I cannot say for certain that I know if you are simply nosy, or stupid."

33. If you didn't answer Questions 28 and/or 32, tell me why.
N/A

34. Is that a good reason?
N/A

Part V: Breaking the Fourth Wall
For these next few questions, I'll briefly remove the fourth wall between your world and your creator's. Try to remain calm.

35. Before I remove the fourth wall, tell me: would you be willing to accept the fact that you're actually a character?
"I will not, but I will not back down from this quaint challenge that you are offering me. I assume that the meaning of this will soon become clear to me."

36. Now the fourth wall's gone. Response?
"What is that even supposed to mean?!"

37. This is your creator's world. What's the first thing you notice?
"Lots of rain and humans around. What a pitiful place."

38. You just met your creator! First impression of them?
"Now that.. hm, you are one of Cinders' sort, aren't you? Immune to my manly charms- a shame indeed. Though, then again, what a sorry and lifeless creature you have to be to create someone like me, and put me through all that I have endured. Trust me on this, darling, I will emerge victorious, no matter what you think you can throw at me-"

39. Okay, let's put the fourth wall back. See, that wasn't so bad, was it?
"What? I wasn't done talking to that wretched ape-thing!"

Part VI: Closing

40. Are you satisfied with your life?
"How.. could I not be, hm?

41. Anything you feel like you have to do? It can be something long-term, like a bucket list, or something you need to do right now.
"Yes.. as I have told you before, there is one entity that has earned His spot on my personal killing list. Once He has been dealt with, I think I will have reached a level of satisfaction that is unparalleled by anything in existence."

42. Any hobbies?
"Why, reading, as we have conversed about before, is a very favored way to pass the time. A good spa day is also something I would never pass up, and leaning back in my incense chamber to enjoy some sophisticated tunes isn't beyond me, either."

43. Quick, you get one wish! What did you just wish for? It's alright, you can tell me...
"For this unimaginative interrogation to end soon.."

44. How would you describe that wish? Good? Bad? Selfish? Selfless? Other?
"Purely practical, darling. You are beginning to bore me."

45. Have you been honest with these questions?
"Ah, not being able to deal with and speak the truth, is a weak man's struggle."

46. Your personal quote?
"Always be better."

47. Do you like change?
"If it is a beneficial manner, yes."

48. What's your most valued possession?
"My self-worth."

49. Anything else you feel like sharing?
"Darling, has anyone ever told you that your voice sounds like the scratchy squeel of a newborn murkwing?"

50. Last question!...yup, that's it! How do you feel?
"Enlightened to know that there is in fact an activity more wasteful than fighting back against me: agreeing to interviews like these. I certainly hope that you, on the other hand, feel enlightened by this information. I'll be seeing you, stranger.."
Lets experiment with this and then do one that gets really surreal later! ^v^

Floof Moment

Character's Name: Victi Aurora

The fox-creature sits cross legged on the floor across the table from the interviewer. Even while open and relaxed, and broad as they are, the sharp contours of her eyes give the impression of a slight judging glare or a shrewd smirk. Her ears twitch slightly atop her head, catching any sounds that come her way, and her tails undulate around her like floofy serpents. She's waiting pretty patiently for this to start, but also looks like she could spring into motion at any moment.

"Let's"

1. What's your name?

"Victi"

She rolls her eyes, I think in amusement or to present fake exasperation, but it's hard to tell
"Surname Aurora, given name technically not applicable, Victi is a placeholder. Subspecies Silverfur, if you're following classical naming conventions. Just use Victi Aurora to save time, or Victi Aurora, Silverfur, if you're doing paperwork"

"Define 'nickname,' I guess, exact definition sorta changes the answer. I'll assume not titles, so let's see... Some people who are scared of me call me 'The Living Gunship' for my magical fighting style, and being arguably as big of a problem as a mid sized combat starship. There's a type of combat spellcaster that we call piercer, assassin, or duelist, whose role is to find the biggest threat in an engagement or operation and take it down as quickly as possible. I'm good enough at it, in in stylish enough ways, that the moniker became a thing."

She rattles off something that sounds taxonomic in a language that doesn't transcribe easily
"Or we go Avitra's route and use 'kitsune' as an adequate analogue. It's not technically correct for a pile of reasons, but she calls herself a phoenix when that's wildly incorrect but gets the idea across as well. Or, again, we can pull out 'Silverfur' as a subspecies and leave that there. It works. For useful information, I'll sum it up by saying that we're long-lived mortal creatures with an exceptional affinity for magic and what you would call strong vulpine physical characteristics."

"I was born in the Greatwood, on our homeworld... the name basically just translates to 'Home.' Little bit over a century* ago."

*Note that her culture uses a base 12 number system

"Crud, uh, number base conversion.... around 170 ish in base 10? 168, there we go. Roughly."

7. Okay, now...are you a good guy, or a bad guy?

She gives a smug look that makes the answer all the more worrying
"Nope."

"Alright"

"Enthusiastic? Passionate? If I'm doing something that I want to do, I commit to it pretty hard. Research, tinkering, reading, learning, exploring, setting up practical jokes, doing stuff with friends, doesn't matter. I dive into it fully, do as well as I can. If the mood fades, I move to something else because I know I'll get in the mood to do more with it later. Other words I get assigned and don't mind are lively, free-spirited, rambunctious, driven, and intellectually-minded"

"Barometric or situational?" She gives a sharp-toothed smile. "Seriously though, depends on the source and type. Weird social stuff? Nah, not a fan, so eventually someone's losing their friction privileges so I feel better. Things like combat or time crunch on doing something are usually pretty fine though."

10. Do you like to read?

"Reading is an important part of my personal time. Before you ask, a mix of thaumaturgic research papers, technical manuals, and various novels or graphic novels."

11. Favorite color?

She furrows her brow in thought as she answers
"Right now... green? Like a rich emerald green? Leaves, my eyes, whatever. It varies, depends what I'm enjoying thinking about, basically."

"People I know I like? Yes. Strangers? Sure, if they leave me alone or are interesting and not annoying. Otherwise not really."

She thinks for a long moment about this one
"I have people to whom I am an enemy. Nobody I personally feel hostile to right now."

14. How about friends?

"Sure, yeah! Not counting Ni because he's kinda more than that, I never mind doing stuff or sparring with Sox, Avi is fun to hang out with or collab on lab work with, Umbrul is good for just quietly chilling with, Pliumii is good to talk to, Kiluri is nice even if we don't see her often since she's on tour all the time, I get along pretty well with my old wing leader, Aila, and that's just the 'canonical' ones" she laughs

15. Are you patient?

"Depends what with. Carefully enchanting stuff for hours? Sure. Lurking in wait for prey to wander by? Absolutely. Dealing with people's crap? No. Children even less."

"Yes?"

16. Suppose that you could become any creature you know of. What would you pick, and why?

"I wouldn't. I'm not gonna say I'm perfect, but I'm happy as me and would miss what I can do as I am"

"I get compliments from opponents and foes and enemies all the time. It's called 'banter,' you should try it."

"Depends on the insult and who it was. Sometimes it's called 'banter' (you should try it), but if it's serious I'll actually put in the time to figure out what's going on. Not to get to... weird, but if I've decided that I care about my connection with someone, I care about it."

"Meh. I'm pretty alright with myself. Maybe a little bit less undercoat so I don't overheat as much. Other than that it's all just about learning and gradual improvement"

20. About your home...

She visibly perks up, her tails wiggling in excitement as she begins to talk about her hom
"The Greatwood is awesome! Rich with mana, lots of tasty critters to pounce on, weird ruins and caves all over the place to explore, neat monsters to fight, gorgeous rivers to swim in, and the smells! The slight mineral scent to the water, the richness of the soil, the sweet and peppy scents of all the flowers and herbs, it's incredible! My home-home in particular is in a nice spot, furnished burrow off a little clearing with all of the stuff Ni and I use for work stuff. Enchantery, ritual circle, herb garden, big rock, all the good stuff. Living on the Plasma Storm isn't bad either. Not as... pleasant, but a LOT of facilities, tools, and other hardware to make use of. The greenhouse slash internal forest gives me enough green space to manage, and the views out into space are pretty. Just with the rest was less... utilitarian-shiny."

"Why do I have a feeling this part is going to annoy me?"

"Long gone? Whole thing involving some stuff. Eaten by a wurm, but that might not be by accident. I remember they were alright, though, they didn't mind Ni and I going off on little adventures, which turns out to have saved our lives. Also I appreciate them leaving a lot of books for me to learn from. Ecosystem researchers, I think? Honestly don't remember. Don't really remember enough to miss them, but I'm thankful for them."

"Did, apparently. Same wurm. Hit Ni's family, too, we were at a shared picnic celebrating his adult name ceremony. The two of us went for a wander, and eventually heard one hell of a sound. We rushed back to find a lot of freshly turned soil and scorchmarks from what we assumed were desperate spells, but I went back recently and some of those half-faded signatures read more like weapons. Anyway, answer is 'not anymore, but used to.' Don't really remember them at all."

"I'm my crew's primary spellcaster. We do freelance work of various flavors. Merc stuff, contract archeology, investigative stuff, that kind of thing. Adventuring, basically."

"It's fun, can't complain. Get to learn and do cool stuff."

There's a sudden and unexpected bashfulness in Victi's expression and body-language
"Ah, uh, Ni and I have been very close for basically our whole lives, and we really enjoy spending time together, but I'm.... not the biggest fan of trying to put relationships in categories."

"Again, I'm not the biggest fan of putting hard definitions on relationships, and that includes not really feeling the need for ceremonies or... whatever. That's not the important part of the connection."

She gives a questioning look
"I don't really have any personal secrets, and if I did I wouldn't tell you anyway."

"Losing who I am. Take that as you will"

29. Favorite food?

A look of elation comes over her at the very thought of her answer
"Ni's slow-cooked, herb marinated, spicy oil infused grey talfer flank. It's INSANELY good. Also any juicy chunk of herbivore grilled enough to sear and not much more with a nice encrusting of spices and a brushing of a light spiced oil with a touch of acidity. That's the good stuff."

30. Favorite drink?

"Fresh spring water or chilled herbal tea with some citrus and nectar, made with said spring water. Any time, any season."

"I've done some impressive stuff, but I think the thing I'm most proud of in the enchanting on my amulet. Took it from a basic if flashy charm to a total bulwark of an enchantment matrix. Runner up, and yes I'm cheating on this one, is restoring the Shriker hoverbike that's now mine. The amulet is more of my personal expertise though."

She winces a bit and scritches herself behind the ear
"More frustrating, but I ended up dropping out of a.... more or less a graduate program recently. Just got too frustrated with the philosophy that the supervisor had on the project's development and told him to get stuffed but.... yunno, that's not what I said. Not my proudest moment, won't lie."

"Too bad for you, I did!"

"No. Just to make things difficult."

For these next few questions, I'll briefly remove the fourth wall between your world and your creator's. Try to remain calm.

"Bold of you to assume this is new for me."

35. Before I remove the fourth wall, tell me: would you be willing to accept the fact that you're actually a character?

"Fun fact, I'm strongly inspired by one of Avi's friends (who is fine with this me being used for whatever RP stuff, before you ask, and who also guest-writes for me when it needs that special touch), so I'm only partially a character!"

"I've been here before."

"That her cable management is a disaster."

"Given the weird intertwining of people and characters going on here mostly it's just 'oh, hi Avi.'"

"Like I said, not my first time."

"If I'm ever fully satisfied I'm not moving, which I don't want, so a weird paradoxically flip-flopping yes/no."

41. Anything you feel like you have to do? It can be something long-term, like a bucket list, or something you need to do right now.

"Nap at some point. Most of my long term goals are pretty abstract."

42. Any hobbies?

"Work and hobby blend for me, my job involves puzzling stuff out and doing magical work, and I also just like doing that. I guess exploring, pulling pranks, collecting explosives, and reading."

43. Quick, you get one wish! What did you just wish for? It's alright, you can tell me...

"HAH. No. Wishes are traps, not touching that."

"NOOOOOOOPE. Nooooot touching. I do not trust wishes."

"No reason to hide anything, so yeah, basically."

46. Your personal quote?

"There's always a solution to any problem if you're bold enough to solve it."

47. Do you like change?

"In most things, but some stability is nice"

"My Shriker-bike, easy. Restored to working order, aftermarket mods, Planeshaper drone reactor, nav comp, and drive, boosted shield genny, improved autopilot, best ride out there!"

"Meh."

"Like taking a nap. Bye!"

Delilah (played anonymously)

"Clipped for chat..I guess"

Game of Cards
Character's Name: [Insert Name Here]

1. What's your name?
"Delilah..."

"Delilah Goldenshot, yes thats the last name I took...its much better"

"My nickname is ace, I took her nickname when I picked up her gun"

"Definitely a human..Im just special"

"Time is so jumbled up but Id say somewhee in 2102, and I was lucky enough to be born on earth"

" Im 27, but I thought it was wrong to ask a lady their age!" She laughs...

"I kill things who wanna rip our universe to shreds so yeah..I have killed once or twice but It was well deserved..they took her body out of the grave..put it on the porch"

"Uh..Im normally trying to be funny..I hate it though it reminds me of her,When faced to deal with children I act much more like a mother-"

"Definitely, If I freeze up I'd die in combat I would be diced up inside like she was.."

10. Do you like to read?
"I do love reading, it gives me some ideas of what to do with my time manipulation"

11. Favorite color?
"Marigold, its pretty"

"Mostly, eapecially my fellow time manipulators or the time patrol, I just dont share their morals"

"Two words, Time. Eaters"

14. How about friends?
"Not really, but the time partrols head of security lets me in on everything,I think she likes me"

15. Are you patient?
"And diciplined, you gotga have both if your gonna shoot, Its how you dont let your trigger finger knock down the wrong person trust me terrible mistake"

"Id be a cat, I get to sleep all day. In some cultures I could be seen as Holy, why not?"

"A time eater complimenting me...most of them are shapeless, but everyone fused with a human is insanely beatiful, so Ill take it before I put a shot in their head"

"I insult her back, we find it funny.."

"I want to take Ace's place" she said without hesitation, "If I cant do that make me a better shot, I want every last shot to hit.."

20. About your home...
"Simply. No, I dont go to my home much anymore, I can still hear her voice there.."

"They were quite demanding, but sweet overall, I dont mind

" My brother, who can freely manipulate time..and I mean rewind and all"

"Currently a waitress in some five star restaurant"

" The people are fine, my bosses are annoying.."

"Cheif of security, time patrol.."

"No all she does is flirt, give me a kiss, and talk in her voice, they're so alike.."

"I actually dont know my main timeline.."

" Accidently shooting my Ace no matter the timeline..."

29. Favorite food?
"Cheese burger!"

30. Favorite drink?
"A nice orange fanta.."

"Her gun is in pristine condition.."

"Ah well my actual revolver, the one she got me exploded and I never told her because I was so embarassed-"

" I answered them.."

"Kinda yes.."

"Most of Reis charathers are self aware"

"Doesnt change much, but arent you just dashing?"

"So many birds-"

"Your ffine..I guess, we can be friends if you dont main kirby.."

"He mained Ike, I feel terrible-"

"More or less"

" Kill some time eaters yeah"

42. Any hobbies?
"smash bros-"

"Bring my Ace back to life"

"Selfish sure. But I need her.."

"Yeah..its nice to be honest sometimes"

46. Your personal quote?
"Dont let time patrol see this."

47. Do you like change?
"kind. Thats why I universe jump from time to time.."

She holds up her weapon, the ace of spades, a nicely made hand cannon, felt like her wrist was broken when she first shot it-

"No, Im an open book its not hard to figure out

"Tired.."
Been quiet here... Well, time to interview.... myself! ^v^ Kinda!

Bird Time!!!

Character's Name: Avitra

The faintly glowing bird lady fidgets in her chair. It looks like she isn't used to staying still for very long, at least not without doing something. Her large eyes flit around as the interviewer sets up their recording equipment. Her eyes had started as an emerald green, but have changed to a smoldering amber as she waited. Sources have indicated that her eyes change colour with intensity of emotion, with high frequencies (blue or purple) indicating strong emotions like excitement or anger, while lower frequency colours (red or orange) indicate boredom, fatigue, or other less intense feelings. Once the interviewer is done setting up and turns toward the her, the bird perks up immediately

"Sure sure!" ^v^

1. What's your name?

"Avi!"

"Oh, right!" She provides a short chirped whistle "Avitra Angelica works, though. Or 'Star Wanderer,' but that sounds too... not name-like to me."

"Avi, Bird, Feathers, bunch of kinda obvious ones. I think that kind of thing is cute, so they all work for me. Not a big fan of flirty pet names, though."

"I'm a Planeshaper! Zoomy magical space bird. We were kinda on cleanup duty of, uh, entropy, until some stuff happened. Just me now. Kinda."

"In the heart of a star, and, well, back when I was definitely not the last Planeshaper, though they were making a failsafe so things were looking weird."

"I honestly haven't kept track. I just kinda throw out 'fifty billion' because it's about right and probably hasn't changed since I started using it as my guess. I think."

"I try to be kind, caring, and protective of normal people on a personal level, but any kind of greater good is subjective at best, and just backing someone's agenda or ideology at worst. I try to stick with people with mostly 'let's help people and make things better for everyone' factions, though, so I'll say good!"

"Will do! I-- Ooohhh, by answering more specific questions. This makes sense."

"I... present as bubbly, carefree, supportive, lighthearted, and a bit chaotic, and that's mostly true, but there's more nuance, too. I'm social, but also kinda introverted. I like to spend time at bars meeting people, but also in the lab doing work. I'm a healer, but also a biiit of a daredevil pilot and was a pretty good shot with a rifle before my arm got messed up. I am how I present myself, but also a bit more than that, usually just in terms of being a bit quieter and having.. yunno, stuff going on. I'm a mostly happy person, but I'm still a person, and people are complicated"

"Usually! Mostly situational pressure more than personal pressure, if that makes sense. Like, I hold okay at the helm of a ship in combat or when I need to save lives by getting into position, getting shields up, and getting nanites injected, and... Victi, hush, this isn't your inter-- ....okay, yeah, I can handle high atmospheric pressure from gas giants and stars, too, sure, whatever. Is this a joke you made during...? Okay, yeah, that explains it. Anyway, not suuuuper great at handling, like, interrogation or whatever.

10. Do you like to read?

"YES! All the time! ^v^ Like, I live in a world of advanced tech and magic, but I still love fantasy and sci-fi novels, I like scientific journal articles, and I like some flavors of horror, too, even though I, uh, have to deal with eldritch horror kinda regularly. Still fun to read since there's time to linger on the spooky and not just go 'OH HECC SHOOOOT IIIIIIT AAAAAAAAAAAA.' Reading more fun. OH! Also TTRPG books. I like thinking of characters and campaigns I'll never run."

11. Favorite color?

"Purple! She puffs out her chest, presenting the heart-shaped purple region of feathers covering her front.

"Usually! Sometimes people get turned off by excessive friendliness, friskiness, or feistiness, and I only have so much energy for some kinds of people, but I get along with most people alright, I think."

"Hmmmm..... No personal nemeses, or at least nobody that I'm that, like... hostile feeling to, I guess. Some people might not like me, but I'm willing to talk stuff out if they are!"

14. How about friends?

"Lots! My team, some people I've met in my travels, some Omni-net friends, some internet friends... yeah, lots and I love them all!"

15. Are you patient?

"No, I'm healer! Okay, stupid joke. Anyway, usually I'm pretty patient with people, though some things can make me lose patience real fast. With situations only somewhat because I like it when things happen."

"Fun fact! Hypothetically, coming from hypothesis, in turn comes from 'hypo' meaning 'below' or 'less than' and 'thesis' which basically means an idea presented to be supported with evidence. A hypothesis is an idea not yet supported by enough evidence or argument, which is why you do an experiment to create that evidence. Your idea defines your hypothesis, your results define your thesis!"

"Oooo.... that's a fun one. I like being me, but as a thought thingy, yunno. Being some kind of naga or lamia could be neat, be all shiny with scales and long and noodly and give huggier hugs. Same with a merfolk, I drew myself as one at one point so yeah. Less hug but still cool, also I like swimming. Being an Elder Void Leviathan could be cool, kinda just... wiggle through space and hear and feel all the thoughts of everything around, though I guess they can't really tell that it isn't their own thoughts so that's less fun. Maybe an arachne? Slightly spicy spider critter? I'unno. Might just stick with the snekbirb idea."

"Depends what it's on and the context. Banter gets banter, compliments on appearance get reciprocated probably, other things get confusion."

"I'd probably ask if they're okay and try to take care of them. Probably. Some edge cases where I don't but whatever."

"Having my toooob be compatible with conventional modular hands would be nice. Juuuuuuust saying, long-gone engineers who had to make a commission for an oracular order that didn't have all the details of who would be using this and for what. You'd think a hand would come above some of the other functions, but nooooooo."

20. About your home...

Like... the homeworld or my ship? Homeworld isn't very accessible due to weird primordial manifestations warring on its surface that we're... not super sure how to get rid of yet. Plasma Storm is a very nice ship with very nice quarters, and snoozing in the breakroom off my lab or my hanger, or just resting in that biiiig comfy captain's chair are all really nice, and there are SO many things to do, not even accounting for the easy travel! I love my ship!"

"Oh nyo!" She giggles into the back of her hand "Let's do it!"

"Planeshapers use a weird form of reproduction where we sorta through energy into a star and eventually if things go right eventually a new planeshaper happens. The more that seed a particular star the more likely it is that things will go well, and usually the more... planeshapery? Able to hold large amounts of energy? the individual will be! We're attracted toward stars that have already been seeded, but stars can only usually manage a certain amount of the stuff usefully, though, so there's upper limits, too. I have a very, VERY large number of parents because I was made as the Failsafe for the species because of predictions about stuff that turned out to be right, more or less. So.... yeah. I don't even know if I every really met any of my parents. Like, probably, and I was probably even trained by some of them, but we don't really family the same way most species do."

"Yes! My sister Pliumii! Well, kinda-sister, see previous question for why kinda. We share a lot of parents because a bunch of the ones that made me eventually decided to try and improv a second failsafe in a sufficiently... sufficient star. She is not failsafey, but she is blue-chested, which is pretty rare and impressive! Anyway, she's part of our main telecommunications and observation network now... like... she... she kinda turned VI. Not planeshapery anymore, but can do all kinds of funky materialization tricks and data processing things and tech control shenanigans that are super cool. She's a biiiit, uh... difficult sometimes, but I love her."

"I am a field nanotechnologist, medical technologist, and urgent tactical extraction pilot by training, with certification in starship helmspersonship for any planeshaper vessel up to and including supercapital class battleships, colony ships, and gargantuan haulers. Field nanotechnologist is kind of an emergency response medic thing, I can show up and use nanites for first aid and trauma care as well as limited situational control things. I can't do construction or demolition, but I can use nanites to neutralize hazards or stuff. As a medical technologist I am trained to perform tests on patient samples, usually circulatory fluids like blood but sometimes other fluids or tissue samples as well, to help identify and diagnose medical conditions. Urgent tactical extraction is sort of... medical evacuation plus plus. It means using a small, well armed, and stealth-capable starship to get people out of hot zones, usually including providing medical aid while we're pulling out. You can kinda see how all of those go together, hopefully. I fly in, get the extraction subject out, and then use nanites to both start healing them if injured while using onboard equipment to identify anything else that I can either deal with on the spot with the nanites or that I can transmit to whatever medical facility I'm taking the person to so that they can figure out what they're dealing with more quickly. Right now, working with a small merc team, I'm also our bioscience and chemical science officer, our medical officer, and our helmsperson! Like I noted at the start of this question... answer, I guess, I'm trained for even big ships!"

"I do! The thrill of high-octane flight, the good feels of healing and assisting actual docs and nurses, and the fun of applying scientific techniques to actively help people! It the best combo!"

"Yep! One Neyesha Sunspark, aka Sox. Lov her!"

"Uuuhhhhh.... well, um, her parents are definitely thinking about us getting engaged or married, we're not ready to take that step yet. Or, well, at least I'm not, and she isn't pushing me because she knows that, and she doesn't seem too disappointed or anything so I think it's we aren't ready to take that step yet?????? I think??????????????????"

"I can't think of what it would be..."

"Hurting my friends."

29. Favorite food?

"FISH!!!!! Almost any kind of tasty fish, and almost any style of preparation! Grilled, baked, raw, roasted, oh my goodness I love fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

30. Favorite drink?

"In general I like crisp, clear, cold water, or a cold, sweet tea. For booze I either like stupid fruity colourful things if I'm out and other people are buying them for me, and for just enjoying a book or a cozy evening I tend to like white wines with bright acidity and some sweet fruity or floral notes."

"Probably taking care of my bird, Chirrup, all this time!"

"I am SO bad at remembering what words have double letters in English. Like, there's a LOT of spell-check action going on when I write, you have no idea."

"Avi did answer!"

"...Maybe!"

She laughs in response, but it doesn't seem to be the more common fourth-wall denial that characters usually have. It's something more... mischievous.

"You'll see" The interviewer looks visibly concerned, but composes themself and continues the process

"I can use emotes in my quotes now! ^v^"

"That you somehow missed that there's basically just two of me now. >: 3 Get ready!"

"WOULD! >: 3"
Unsettlingly, both the character and her creator said this at the same time. The fourth wall re-establishment procedure is accelerated before the two leave to find a room together.

"Noooo!!!! Bring her back we were gonna do weird spicy stuff to each other!!!! ,0 v,0 /)"

"Mostly! I have good friends, a fantastic sister, a cool pet, an awesome girlfriend, and a neat starship, so I'm doing pretty well right now!

"Ugh, I know I have to fix the homeworld, kinda, and help re-establish my species, but it's not urgent, thankfully. Also I need to finish a few drawings."

42. Any hobbies?

"Reading, drawing, casual flying, figureskating, going to bars and clubs, TTRPG stuff, baking cookies. Lots of hobbies!"

"I wish people would learn to treat each other with respect and kindness and dignity."

"I'm actually gonna say selfish on this one because my reason for it is just that people having useful and respectful communication saves SO much of my time. Seriously, just, like, it would make things so much easier and less stressful for me. And everyone else, but in this case it for me. Avi gift to Avi is things being less messy."

"Was... was not being honest with them an option?"

46. Your personal quote?

"uh, uh, uh.... let's go with 'Avi is a birdy is what Avi is!' because I can't think of a better one right now."

47. Do you like change?

"The only time nothing changes is when everything is dead, sooooo yep!"

"My first ever plush that's managed to survive alllll this time thanks to Pliumii's help, Skoosh! They're kinda like a flying fish and really cute."

"I could share some cookies! Here!" She places a box on the table and opens it, revealing large and very tasty looking chocolate chip cookies. The interviewer happily takes one.

"I got to talk about stuff and give someone a cookie, so pretty good! I hope you have a nice day, interviewer person!"
Riddle Rosehearts (played anonymously)

Eh? You have some nerve...

Character's Name: Riddle Rosehearts

1. What's your name?
"My name is Riddle."

"Riddle Rosehearts."

"Well, a lot of those in my dorm call me by 'Housewarden' but that annoying Leech brother calls me 'Goldfishie' and I absolutely hate it..."

"Human."

"Queendom of Roses, on August 24th."

"I am 17-years-old."

"That depends, I suppose. Some call me good, some call me bad."

"Hard-working, focused, prideful." He then pauses, "Though other people call me angry."

"..." It seems to be a no, but Riddle doesn't want to admit it.

10. Do you like to read?
"Reading is fun, yes. Studying requires it as well, so I have no choice."

11. Favorite color?
"Red. It's lovely." He smiles.

"As long as they aren't breaking any rules!"

"Floyd, definitely Floyd."

14. How about friends?
"Trey and Che'nya are my friends from childhood." He warmly smiles, "I have more friends than just those two, but those are the two I shall mention."

15. Are you patient?
"Depends, what shall I be patient for?"

"A rabbit, most likely."

"Ugh, he's only trying to annoy me again. Floyd, you big weirdo."

"I..." Riddle frowns, "Trey wouldn't..." He looks away. "And... Che'nya would only be joking, I hope."

"Ah well. My height would be..." His voice falters before he finishes.
He seems to want to be taller.

20. About your home...
"The Queendom of Roses is a nice place."

"My mom is...strict." He shuffles awkwardly. "My father isn't around, and when he is, mom is usually...arguing with him."

"No, just an only child."

"Housewarden of Heartslabyul. Dorm of the Night Raven College."

"I suppose."

He turns a bright red, "What-?! No!"

"M-Maybe...one day?" He looks away.

"...I cry easily."

"Never seeing Trey and Che'nya again..."

29. Favorite food?
"Strawberry Tarts."

30. Favorite drink?
"Tea, any kind."

"My grades."

"..." He glares.

"I did not answer #32, because I would embarrass myself once more."

"Yes. Next question."

"Eh?"

"I haven't seen a change..."

"Yuu? Is that you?"

"They are very creative." He warmly says.

"Guess not."

"Satisfied enough."

"Always be good at my grades, my learning. Follow the rules."

42. Any hobbies?
"Hedgehog tending. I love'em."

"Perhaps...to get more time to hang out with Trey and Che'nya, outside of NRC or visits from RSA?"

"I think very nice, and calming."

"I believe so."

46. Your personal quote?
"One cannot achieve superlative status without effort."

47. Do you like change?
"Depends."

"Hard decision. I have many possessions."

"Rule025. There must always be a tea party on the 5th day of every month."

"Quite tired. I shall be heading to bed now."

Triggers: Mental Health, Self-Harm, Hospitalization

Patient Number 265’s Transcripts

1. What's your name?
“Bailey”

2. Give me your full name?
“Bailey Kathleen Paige.”

3. Do you have a nickname? If yes, what is it and how did you come to get it?
“Crazy Bailey, I heard a lot. At least until I murdered them. Then they called me a beautiful Death.” Bailey nearly sings as she dances around the interview chair.

4. What species are you?
“I am a creature of the night! A demon! A bloodsucker! The scourge of humans! Or as we now like to be called, the boogeymen!” She laughs nearly hysterically, jumping into the chair for the next question.

“Born as a human? November. The 19th is usually the day that feels right. But as a creature, that happened much later. And much more.....menacingly.” When Bailey smiled, her fangs showed just a little bit.

6. I see. And that would make your age?
“I am whatever age I want to be!”

“Good. Bad. Up. Down. Left. Right. Does any of it matter when someone loves me?” As she thought of him, she smiled.

“I like to think I’m a lot of fun, but some say dangerous. I do things without thought, and when I feel like doing them.”

“Pressure? I’m as cool as a cucumber.” As if this was at all true, Bailey leaned back against the chair.

10. Do you like to read?
“Sometimes, but I often get bored.”

11. Favorite color?
“BLOOOOOOD!” She yells far more dramatically than really necessary.

“I get along with certain others. Certain other others I do not. But those are the ones I bite.”

“None that are still living.” Bailey smiles dangerously, while her eyes glint in that intent.

14. How about friends?
“No. People find it difficult to be around me too long. I have mood-swings.”

15. Are you patient?
“I will not be a patient again!!” She snarls as she utterly misunderstands the question.

“An elephant.” But she gives no explanation as to why.

“I told you. My enemies do not live any longer.”

For a moment, Bailey’s eyes sadden. She looks down at her hands, silent and unanswering.

19. If you could change anything about yourself?
“The shorter list is, what wouldn’t I change?” She said, still looking down at her hands sadly.

20. About your home?
Slowly, Bailey looked up, her eyes a mixture between mad and sad. “I live in a home I took for my own. It is nice, when it is together. Sometimes, it is in pieces.”

“My mother shares my ailment. She couldn’t handle being a mother any more than I could handle being her child. She left me with my father, who made my illness worse by ignoring it. Eventually, this drove me to suicidal attempts and hospitalization for medication I didn’t wish to take.”

“None that I am aware of. But it would not surprise me if I found one.”

“I do not have one. I’ve lost many, many jobs for a variety of reasons.”

“Not having one? Yeah, it’s pretty great. Really frees up the time for the party.”

“I am. I’ve recently met a beautiful, sexy and amazing werewolf by the name of Apollo Pederson. He makes me feel amazing, and pulls me back when I’ve gone too far.”

“I’ll never be convinced I’m suitable for anyone to marry. Pretty much ever. I have...far too many issues.”

“If I told you, then it wouldn’t be a secret.”

28. Your worst fear?
“Losing myself entirely, especially since no medications have worked in years.”

29. Favorite food?
“I don’t consume food.”

30. Favorite drink?
“Blood. If it’s laced with drug or alcohol, then it’s even better for me.”

“I’m a bipolar vampire who continually goes off the rails. Sometimes I’m aware of it, and sometimes I’m not. Which makes me even more impressed and proud when Apollo comes back.”

“I can’t tell you that full story, but it involved a hot tub, whipped cream, and two men who were far too intoxicated.”

“The voices said I wasn’t allowed.”

Bailey furiously nods.

“A character of what? Am I in a musical?!”

Bailey looks around, wide-eyed. “Is this where the voices live?!”

“There’s a puppy! And a kitty! Oh, I wonder if she’ll let me pet the kitty.”

“She’s crying.” Bailey looked around, her fangs elongating as her voice grew hard. “Who the hell made her cry?!”

“DON’T PUT ME BACK, I LIKED IT THERE!”

“With parts of it, I suppose.”

41. Anything you feel like you have to do?
“I’m almost sure I have to apologize to Apollo. Again. If he’ll let me.”

42. Any hobbies?
“Drinking, partying, sex, Apollo.” Bailey was ridiculously obsessed with Apollo, and each time his name was mentioned, her smile grew.

43. Quick, you get one wish! What did you just wish for? It's alright, you can tell me.
“For one second, to think....normally.”

“The intent is good, but that would depend upon its results.”

“What is honest, truly?”

46. Your personal quote?
“A day without a breakdown is a good day.”

47. Do you like change?
“I continually change. Every day. Sometimes, every minute.”

Once again, that smile moved across her face. “Apollo.”

“Not currently.”

“I miss Apollo.” Without saying goodbye, Bailey got up and walked away, singing lightly to herself.
Silly guys (played anonymously)

Responding-As-26

1. What's your name?

26!

Uh…26.

No, not really.

I’m a robot!

I was born…A while ago. I’m bad with dates. I was technically born here, in this lab. I don’t know if you can call it “born” though.

I’ve been around for 7 years!

I’m the good guy! Yeah! I’m going to take 25’s soul to break the barrier, and give it back when I’m done! Just as Sir wants me to! I’m sure he won’t mind if I give 25 back their soul.

Uh…Sir says I’m energetic! He also says I’m not supposed to have a personality…But according to the people who get to see me, they say I’m childish!

Mhm! I’m under pressure a lot! Those metal plates are really scary!

Oh, you mean mental pressure? Uh…Yeah…I’m still good!

10. Do you like to read?

…What’s reading?

11. Favorite color?

White!

I don’t know…I think people are freaked out by me.

Yeah! 25 sounds mean but I’ve never met them. And the General is so rude!

14. How about friends?

…What are “friends?” It sounds strange.

15. Are you patient?

Kinda…Not…Really…

Uh…I’d like the be a person! Not a robot, a person! With a real heart and emotions and everything!

I’d say thanks! They’re being kind!

Are friends people you admire or like? Oh! Well then, getting insulted by Sir isn’t anything unusual.

I would be stronger. And…Just…Better.

20. About your home...

It’s…Cold. And lonely.

I don’t have any parents, unless you count Sir. He’s…Kinda mean…But I know he has my intentions at heart!

Yeah! 25 of them!

…What’s that?

Uh…I guess? I don’t really have a choice. I kinda just sit around and wait all day.

Ew! That’s so gross!

Ewwww!

Secret? Uh…I don’t really like it here. Please don’t tell him. Please.

Uh…

29. Favorite food?

Bolts!

30. Favorite drink?

Oil!

Making Sir proud of me!

Uh…

Because…I didn’t want to…

No…

No! I’m myself! I’m not a character you can mold! I’m me!

…I wanna go home now.

…Welcoming.

Yucky. He’s listening to GHOST And Pals and drawing some weird pictures.

I guess…Not really. I want to do something important.

I need to be stronger and make everyone happy!

42. Any hobbies?

No…

For everyone to be happy!

Uh…Good!

Yeah!

46. Your personal quote?

Uh…I don’t have one, really.

47. Do you like change?

I can’t wait for it.

I don’t have any.

No..

Okay.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » IC Interviews

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus