Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Homework Help with a Twist

TheLily

Hi, Boys and Girls!

I need some help with my Linguistics homework. I really suck at transcribing words, so I need some help. This is where you guys come in. I am going to practice on your favourite words and names. I will draw out the symbols for you to practice. I might not choose everything, but please! please! consider helping.

Put a list of your favourite words (no naughty words please!), names, characters names and I will draw it out for you if I can. It'll be a great help and it'll also fill up my sketch book too :D
Constantinople....
Sanne Moderator

I have no idea what to expect, but...
Daft Punk
Flabbergasted.

And of course everyone's favorite:

Defenestration

Have fun!
Hmmm Paradox is my favorite word, so there ya go XD
Phantasmagoria is mine.
Let us start from short to long

Ale
Gin

Mead
Beer

Tonic
Vodka

Alcohol
Tankard

Landshark

Whatever one you like best ;D
Oh oh oh! I have two!

Discombobulate

and

Scurryfunge
Oh this is fun! Shenanigans! and Paradigm

Can't wait to see what you come up with, hope you'll share back on this post ^_^
Ilmarinen Moderator

Masticate. Hoo hoo hee hee!
Paragon

Since someone took 'shenanigans' already. ;3
Though I'm sure you have much on your plate already, may I suggest martyrdom, determination, and/or euthanasia?
TheLily Topic Starter

You people are awful. I'm going to be doing a bunch of really simple words as prep (I tried to start, but got confused right away), and I should be starting them next week sometime :D
confusication!

Or antidisestablishmentarianism?
Oh boy I love words! Pardon me if mine aren't all in English, but I'll provide the meaning and language, just in case!
    Nebulae
    Frisson
    Shepard
    Serif
    Beso (Spanish; A kiss)
    Schadenfreude (German; Amusement at someone else's misfortune)
    Vocero (Spanish; Voice)
Pleoclostomus. :3 it's one of those aquarium sucker fishes that eat algae. I'll bet they give the best kisses. <3
Squeegee
Dolce
Vivace
Mingle

Oh how I love words! I use them all the time of course!
TheLily Topic Starter

Okay, this is FAR too much for me to do. Thanks, though :D I'll work on them once I work on some smaller words - and I probably won't be doing anything non-English, simply because I'm having trouble doing it with small words. 38+ phonetic sounds is WAY harder than I thought!
Aww, I was going to say "Shenanigans," but then you had like a bazillion words already.

Good luck, Lily! You have our support! :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Homework Help with a Twist

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus