Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Characters: active/inactive

Sanne Moderator

Perhaps a setting in character settings to toggle the traffic light, which appears next to the character's name?
Jane Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Perhaps a setting in character settings to toggle the traffic light, which appears next to the character's name?

I second that <3
Dentysykos

I think its a great idea, I have a few anonymous chars because they're inactive at the moment. So a system like this would be a great thing to have!
EdtheNeko

Best idea ever :V
Jane Topic Starter

Added a link to the original post, so you can vote for it (button on the left side).
Jane Topic Starter

I hope more people see this :=)
Wow! That is a great idea! ^_^
Jane Topic Starter

I stil would enjoy this :3
Add my bump for this :P
Would there be a way to have both active and available on demand? I wouldn't mind rping a character that s active in furcadia in pms or forums when it's slow as a sort of alternative storyline to pass the time when there's no rp on either side.
I think it could be possible?

Adding another line probably wouldn't be that hard, but that's not for me to decide, lol.

I think this is a fantastic idea. Would also be nice if it defaulted characters that have not had any action or done any posting anywhere, as inactive, but I'll take it as a base idea of marking characters active/inactive, etc.
Tate

Blackito wrote:
Would also be nice if it defaulted characters that have not had any action or done any posting anywhere, as inactive, but I'll take it as a base idea of marking characters active/inactive, etc.

Please no. Please please please no. I don't forum RP often (I've done it..... once), so unless this idea is somehow gonna hook up to my google docs or my furcadia, this would be particularly annoying for me and others like me.
Kim Site Admin

Masha wrote:
Blackito wrote:
Would also be nice if it defaulted characters that have not had any action or done any posting anywhere, as inactive, but I'll take it as a base idea of marking characters active/inactive, etc.

Please no. Please please please no. I don't forum RP often (I've done it..... once), so unless this idea is somehow gonna hook up to my google docs or my furcadia, this would be particularly annoying for me and others like me.

There are many many like you, who just use the site to contain their characters, so automating stuff like this would be difficult to impossible to do correctly.
Tar

Ooh, how did I miss this?

I very much agree that a system doing anything on its own is unwanted. However, I love the general idea! There was some discussion over a coloration theme being a concern, but to circumvent that I also enjoy the idea of a small line attached to it as well - so the distinction can also be made if a character is inactive, dead, retired, missing, etc.

I happen to have one of all of these!
An inactivity system seems a little.. useless to me. If I'm curious, I just write to folks and ask if their characters are free for play. I don't find it inconvenient to write to people, even if the reply isn't satisfactory. Meeting new people should be encouraged, rather than replaced by automation.

As for being able to mark your own characters as inactive manually, I see nothing wrong with it but also find it to be unnecessary.
Tate

Tailbone wrote:
so the distinction can also be made if a character is inactive, dead, retired, missing, etc.

This is a good good thing.
How did I forget to comment on this when I voted for it? LOL!

Personally I'm REALLY hoping for something like this to come along soon. I have a character who I haven't actively RPed in almost 2 years now but I'm still always getting requests for her. This would be so helpful for that. As well as my non-main characters that I only get on every once in a while.

It would be a great option to have! And the community definitely seems to like the idea :D

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Characters: active/inactive

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus