Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Derelict colony

Ember Kamura (played by Ember_Wolf)

Ember would walk over to his locker, gathering all of his things and putting them in his bag, Ember took out a heavy assault rifle, a pistol, and a Multitool, He would take out the mags and inspect them "Locked and Loaded" thought the wolf, he would sling the rifle over his shoulder and close the locker behind him, he would move to the center of the room, waiting for further instructions

((Imma be off, see ya,I will be gone for longer tomorrow so I will not be able to answer as quickly))
Kallisti (played by CypherDorran)

"Sure feel free médico; probably best I'm not left alone with my thoughts." Said Kallisti favoring the medic with a friendly smile.
Torri Nichols wrote:
"Is it odd... do you think... that they already sent a team there? I know Garner's old team mate died, which sucks for sure. But that wouldn't have ended the mission prematurely, would it?"

"That's been bothering me too." She paused and scanned the room with her eyes. "Keep hearing skuttlebug about downsizing so why would they waste funds on somewhere that's already been swept? There is something we're not being told."
Kallisti looked over her companion and wondered about her life. Who was this lucky man who filled the medic's eyes with love when she talked of him. Kallisti felt the hole in her heart that was left by her. She could not bring herself to think of her name; her sweet lost Ecaterina. She glanced at the plate in front of Torri's.
"You ok? You're not eating."
Torri Nichols (played by Juls)

Torri waved her hand dismissively and took another small bite of her toast. "Yeah, just got a couple butterflies, I guess."

"Seems like there must be something in that lost report that someone wants... badly," she theorized. "Hopefully we can get in and recover it quickly." She couldn't help thinking about the story of Garner's previous teammate being incinerated in that location.

She piled her utensils on top of her tray, leaving most of breakfast still uneaten. "Ready to head back for the brief? Maybe we'll learn something more..."

"Well you're the doctor." Said Kallisti not entirely sure she believed her. "I'm not sure how much Garner knows let alone what he would be willing to tell us."
Standing she bused both of their trays.
Looking over at Garner and Ember. She thought she could see annoyance in Garner's eyes but she could have been projecting. The wolf was different possible dangerous.
She turned to Torri and asked "What do you make of Ember? He reminds me of my neighbor's dog...it had to be put down eventually."

"He's... interesting..." she said, noncommittally. She shared similar thoughts to Kallisti about Ember being potentially dangerous, if not directly, then by letting his anger lead him to decisions that could endanger himself or other teammates. But she hoped she was judging him too harshly.

"Any news yet?" she asked as they re-entered the bunk room.

Kallisti crossed to her locker and strapped on the rest of her equipment. She paused with her hand on her assigned side arm. She had never used it and only ever took it when the mission lead had insisted. She pulled it out and checked that it was combat ready. Reholstered it was strapped to her waist. She told herself it was just a procaughtion, in case Ember lost control, but in her heart of hearts she knew she was lying to herself. She was spooked and she did not like it.

Ember would walk over to Kallisti, slightly agitated "Just about ready to go... I hope you and your friend are packed and ready..." He was obviously angry, he looked strong, as if he could crush someones skull any second,it was a wonder that he could keep cool and not instantly turn into a blind,bloody rampage, he would growl, walking back to the center

It took all her will to stand her ground when face with a man was made of rage who had over foot in height on her.
"Good the Médico and me are ready to go just waiting on Garner."
She felt her hand itching to reach for her gun but she did not want to provoke Ember. She was glad when he backed away. With the last reserves of cool she walks over to Torri and mouths to her 'That was intense.'
Mirros (played by Stiltski) Topic Starter

Finally the message holding the orders goes down the chute, which Garner grabs and begins reading almost instantly, and upon him finishing he throws the note down the incineration pit before getting up off the wall "Alright everyone, make sure you got everything, we are to report to ship bay #6, our pilot will be non-disclosed and we will not see him or her at all during the mission"

He leads the group down the hallways of the large complex structure before eventually arriving to a elevator, where they are taken up to a bridge connecting to their shuttle, a simple transport ship, already pointed out into the cold unknown of space, the only thing keeping the oxygen within the tunnel is a transparent blue suface covering the length and width of the entry door, which is assumed to be the same technology their badges have.

Upon getting in the ship they are given a few more minutes to talk

"Question.... Will the badge work if it is in your pocket?" The wolf was wagging his tail lightly, excited and scared about what they were going to do, he wimpered lightly, obviously nervous about the door "You know that a single power failure could jettison all of us into space...." He was worried,scared almost

Ember Kamura wrote:
"Question.... Will the badge work if it is in your pocket?" The wolf was wagging his tail lightly, excited and scared about what they were going to do, he wimpered lightly, obviously nervous about the door "You know that a single power failure could jettison all of us into space...." He was worried,scared almost

"To a degree yes, but it's most effective area is on the center of your chest, you could also put it under clothing if need be. Also yes if power failure occurred in a environment open to space we would all be sucked out and then we would float around until our badges died or we starved to death" he states while closing and locking the door to the space shuttle behind them, with it also sealing as a result

"Ah, what cheery way to start the mission; you know if the intergalactic man of mystery who's piloting us ****s up their calculations they could fly us into the sun!" Said Kallisti with false levity.
She quickly checked her badge was in place then glanced out to the infinite void; its old embrace was almost welcoming. A slow death by starvation was not.
"Médico, got any warnings about space herpes to cheer the mood?"

Torri couldn't help but shake the feeling that something was wrong... that this mission was too rushed. On her first mission, there had been a solid week of team building and training exercises before they actually deployed to their first colony. Now there was almost none and the mental stability of the wolf was questionable at best. This team had been thrown together as quickly as possible to retrieve that lost report and the medic was feeling very much like a pawn.

Perhaps she should have listened to those gut feelings, should have refused to go or at least demanded to meet these "higher ups". But she was still having an internal debate with herself when the shuttle doors closed and she buried those fears and feelings. Too late now...

"Médico, got any warnings about space herpes to cheer the mood?" . Torri snickered, appreciating Kallisti's humor to lighten the mood a bit.

"Yeah... don't get it. I don't get paid enough to treat that..."

Ember looked around, leaning on the wall and looking at the two. Ember almost wanted to kill them, he felt they were acting afraid of him, shunning him away. He smiled lightly, Realizing that with proper manipulation they could be his pawns. All he had to do was get them on the Chess board.... The only relationships Ember has ever had was about 3 years ago, And after that little incident, he would rather not go back to it. His sanity was indeed in question, but not overly so. He looked dangerous if provoked, but maybe there was something about him deeper down?

Ember Kamura wrote:
Ember almost wanted to kill them, he felt they were acting afraid of him...

(( XD ))

((IKR))

"Well you'll be glad to know I passed my last screening with flying colours, and I didn't even need to hack the results." Said Kallisti as she strapped herself in for launch.
"Garner are you going to the pre-flight briefing, because I would really like the reassurance that my seat cushion can be used as a flotation device?"

Garner looks at safety booklet, and all he sees is a picture of someone floating through space, with the caption: 'No one can find you in empty space' so he just crumpled it up and improvises "In case of emergency, grab on to any-" he is promptly interrupted by the ship lurching under him, it is about to launch

She was glad she had strapped in before the engines had kicked in.
"Someone's eager to get going; what did you leave at this station which is so valuable?" Said Kallisti.
Taking a quick glance around the cabin she checked that he team mates were strapped in before bracing herself for what would seemed to be a rough launch.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Derelict colony

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus