Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Best pizza chain? *stirs controversy, grins*

I just ordered my mom and I some Papa John's pizza today, and we were talking about Domino's, and how we like Papa John's better...so I was wondering...

Which pizza chain, in your opinion, is the best?

And why?

Let the good-natured debate begin....
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Papa John's!

They're stupidly expensive, but they've got that garlic butter sauce, and the banana peppers that come with every pizza. And the pizza has a certain flavor, I don't know what it is. I like it. But the garlic butter. Little Cesar's tried to make a garlic dipping sauce like that...it's just not the same, man, it's just not the same.

I'm borrrrrrred.
Skrifa

Domino's, woman! It's Domino's!!! THE GARLIC CRUST IS TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skrifa wrote:
Domino's, woman! It's Domino's!!! THE GARLIC CRUST IS TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they all have garlic crust or do you have to order that?

I just don't taste it...hmmm....

But very well. Very well. I respect your answer. Lol

One vote for Domino's one vote for Papa John's.
Personally thinks Abigail's Home-made Pizza is probably the best ^^

Suwako423 wrote:
Personally thinks Abigail's Home-made Pizza is probably the best ^^

So smooth...

In reality though, I can't cook very well. It's why I order so much pizza.
For big chains, I favor the pan pizza from Domino's.

I miss and have fond memories of B.C. Pizza. Sadly, almost all their locations are in Michigan, and none have left the EST timezone.
It's a tie for me but not between Papa John and Dominos...

Pizza Hut square pizza The crust is crazy amazing, it's like deep dish almost but just a smidge thinner; and the taste is something I can't even describe. - I put them first simply because every pizza includes jalapenos on the side and I'm obsessed.

Domino's deep dish. I just love crust okay? The crust is so gooddddd, and I love their cheese and white sauce the best.
You're trying to kill me, aren't you? Just kidding, just kidding.

But for real: Domino's. Their cheesesticks are to effin' DIE FOR, and their pizza is still so good after you reheat it. I don't know how they do it, man.

Papa John's is a very close second for me though, especially their spinach alfredo pizza. Mmm...~
Technically not a chain, but I'm a big fan of Costco's Pizza. >.> However we normally get Papa Murphy's since it's closer.

Hate Pizza Hut though, since the one time we got pizza from them, it came with hardly any cheese or toppings.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Pizza hut. Meat pizza great thin crust.
LightSide-Lucree wrote:
You're trying to kill me, aren't you? Just kidding, just kidding.

But for real: Domino's. Their cheesesticks are to effin' DIE FOR, and their pizza is still so good after you reheat it. I don't know how they do it, man.

Papa John's is a very close second for me though, especially their spinach alfredo pizza. Mmm...~

Orders tons of Cheesesticks for Lucree the cutie
Rogue-Scribe

Hmm... The two big U.S. chains of Pizza Hut and Domino's get aced out here in Brisbane by Pizza Capers. Because life is too short for crappy pizza.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
I just ordered my mom and I some Papa John's pizza today, and we were talking about Domino's, and how we like Papa John's better...so I was wondering...

And why?

I love a chain here in the US called Barro’s pizza. They make a gluten free crust and happily make it without meat or cheese or sauce so I can eat it even with all my new annoying dietary restrictions because of a weird reaction to a surgery. Barro’s never gets it wrong and they never act weird about it.

There’s also a one of a kind place in my town called Organ Stop Pizza that has easily the best pizza in town(thick but perfect crust, crispy outside layer and airy, soft inside) and an actual Wurlitzer pipe organ and someone professional playing requests on it every night. It’s pretty much the most fun family oriented restaurant in my area. The whole restaurant is set up like a mead hall with long sharing tables and a cathedral ceiling. It’s awesome.
Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Hmm... The two big U.S. chains of Pizza Hut and Domino's get aced out here in Brisbane by Pizza Capers. Because life is too short for crappy pizza.

yesssssssssssssssss
-shrug- it tastes like pizza, it's good.

Now, not necessarily a chain per say, but down here in Texas we have Mama's Pizza and OH MY GOD so good. The crust?? The cheese??? Playing candy crane as a five year old who doesn't want to be at a family reunion???????

d96.jpg

Legit tho it's the best pizza I've ever had. It can't even really be quantified / qualified in comparison to the major pizza chains because holy crap it's just so good.

But anyway....

I think it honestly depends on the specific pizza I'm ordering.

Ex:
Dominos a while back had a cheeseburger pizza and um delicious
But if I'm craving a crappy thin piece of pizza that I can eat six to eight slices of in one sitting? Little Ceasar's
Do I want some atrocious sugar covered concoction to follow my pizza intake? Cici's because their cinnamon rolls are -insert another Pacha meme-
Pizza hut has some darn good pizza when it comes to the options I can order <3
And we don't support Papa John's in this house lol

tossing my official vote in for pizza hut just because that's the only place that delivers to my house lol
I'm a huge Domino's fan. Love everything there.

Little Caesar's is okay.

Papa John's, I'm pretty neutral about.

Pizza Hut...I'm really turned off by how oily their pizzas can get.

Selkieborn wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:

And why?

I love a chain here in the US called Barro’s pizza. They make a gluten free crust and happily make it without meat or cheese or sauce so I can eat it even with all my new annoying dietary restrictions because of a weird reaction to a surgery. Barro’s never gets it wrong and they never act weird about it.

There’s also a one of a kind place in my town called Organ Stop Pizza that has easily the best pizza in town(thick but perfect crust, crispy outside layer and airy, soft inside) and an actual Wurlitzer pipe organ and someone professional playing requests on it every night. It’s pretty much the most fun family oriented restaurant in my area. The whole restaurant is set up like a mead hall with long sharing tables and a cathedral ceiling. It’s awesome.

Selkieborn,

That. Sounds. Awesome.

Both of those places sound awesome, but especially the place with the organ.

The pizza sounds mouth-watering, and the organ music...well, that's one-of-a-kind, for sure. Never heard of anything like it. And the cathedral ceilings. That sounds really cool.

Also...wow having that kind of reaction after a surgery that changes your diet so drastically...that's scary. Didn't know that could happen. Sorry you're having to deal with that. It's got to be challenging. It's hard for me to imagine going without cheese because I'm a vegetarian, so I rely on cheese and dairy to get my protein along with legumes and things. But going without cheese and gluten sounds like it would be a challenge. Barro's sounds like an amazing place, to be on top of it like that. I've gotten a lot of interesting answers and amusing looks when I go through the burger places and ask them for "a hamburger with no meat, extra sauce, and extra vegetables." Lmao. Usually they say,

"I'm sorry...no what?" And I say
"No meeaaattt." And I articulate it really well, not in a mean way, or anything.

And then sometimes when I get to the drive through window the person there will kind of look at me with wonder in their eyes as if thinking, "wow...that's what a vegetarian looks like...". Lmao

Ok I may be exaggerating a bit. Actually a lot of places don't miss a beat with it anymore. They're getting used to it. Lol

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Best pizza chain? *stirs controversy, grins*

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus