Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » little facts about yourself

Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Sure, why not do this? I’m bored

1. I have written an informational book on dinosaurs

Neat! I can totally picture that because when I've heard you talk about dragons you sound like you could write an informational book about dragons too. Lol

2. I am currently writing a fantasy book

Neat!

3. I am a HUGE Star Trek nerd. I have seen every episode and every movie at least twice

Yeshhhh!

4. I like Nickleback and most rock/metal music

*sings*
"...and a bedroom I can play baseball in..."

5. I went to dye the ends of my hair one time and my hair caught on fire

How???
Skrifa

- I'm 5' 5", and I hate it. I'm above average for most women, but I'm beginning to think that where I live, everyone is freakishly tall, because I am dwarfed by literally. Everyone.

- I still watch cartoons. NO SHAME!

- Cheese is life. Especially brie.

- I have a very high spice tolerance.

- I make too many nerdy references in my everyday life. The only people who appreciates them is my boyfriend and everyone at work.
Can I dump some stuff in here?
  • I have an interest in unusual and uncommon musical instruments! Secretly I want to be totally boss at playing them the first time I come across them, but that doesn't happen 'cause this is reality.
  • Once, when I was younger, I ran into a reflection of myself in a hall of mirrors because I didn't recognize that it was me and I wanted to make friends with this random kid! They were wearing the same shirt as me, so I figured they were probably really cool. B)
  • I really like learning and remembering technical/scientific/classification words because I want to be able to find the perfect descriptions for things when the need arises! Jury's out on the effectiveness of my methods. XD
  • I like to find neat radio shows or broadcasts on vinyl records and give them a listen. My latest find is The Green Hornet, but I've also scrounged up an old Battlestar Galactica and, once, a Baby Snooks, which my grandma seemed to recognize so that was cool!
  • I'd love to improve my creative stamina enough to be able to illustrate something - not even for profit, but just because I think that would be a nice, nice project.
psoliver wrote:
i'm going to list some of my favorite things because i'm bored and i have to write this essay and not to be dramatic but i would rather die than work on it right now.

-my favorite book is this book i read my freshman year called last night i sang to the monster. i don't remember a lot about it since it's been three years since i touched it, but i remember it's not only the only book that's ever made me cry, but it also made me cry, like, three times in one sitting lmao.

-my favorite album is hospice by the antlers and that one's also made me cry. i got the album art tattooed in september because it means a lot to me for a lot of different reasons.

-i don't really have a favorite movie. i love movies but i hardly watch them. hm.

-my all time favorite video game will always be the last of us. it doesn't matter how many times i play through it, every single time it will make me get all emotional. again, it's the only game that's ever made me cry.

-i'm noticing a pattern with my favorite things.

-i actually don't cry as much as this makes it seem which is probably why all of these things have stood out to me pffffttt

Haha...I get you because my favorite movie is Ghost, because it made me cry (and Whoppie Goldberg was so funny)...my favorite book when I was a kid was Bridge to Teribithia, because it made me cry, and my favorite all time role-play...well, you get the idea. And SAME...I rarely EVER cry (except at movies) so if something moves me that gives it a place of awesomeness in my book.
MainlyPango wrote:
[*] Once, when I was younger, I ran into a reflection of myself in a hall of mirrors because I didn't recognize that it was me and I wanted to make friends with this random kid! They were wearing the same shirt as me, so I figured they were probably really cool. B)

Lol! That was funny. :)
Skrifa wrote:
- I'm 5' 5", and I hate it. I'm above average for most women, but I'm beginning to think that where I live, everyone is freakishly tall, because I am dwarfed by literally. Everyone.

I'm 5'5" too, but it's not that way here! Lots of short people here. Lol
Abigail_Austin wrote:
light wrote:
Hello friends,

• A few years ago I lost 80lbs and have kept it off.

• One of my best friend's dad is missing a leg. When we first met I said, "Tell me. Round abouts how big was the bear you fought?" I am now his daughter without the hassle of adoption paperwork.

How did you lose 80 lbs and keep it off? Is it something I can emulate?

And also...that bear thing--that was brilliant.

Man I didn't realize how long ago this was.

Once day I went to eat at Taco Bell, which happened to be across from a Planet Fitness. For some reason I went in and signed up. It was on my way home from work, so I started going every day after work. I have a husky who was around 2 or so at the time, so I began running with her (only about a mile, mile and a half, I'm awful at cardio). Really it's energy in > energy out. I stuck with carbs and protein; diet works for who it does, but I have a pancreatic and heart issue so I need to keep my body in balance (lack of carbs means proteins have to work twice as hard). Carbs and protein are awesome for building muscle, which burns fat. A few friends have done the ketogenic diet with a lot of success.

I switched out the majority of processed food, sugar, soda. I never deprived my body of fat when it craved it. Ice cream, 4% cottage cheese? Cuss yeah. I kept it on hand all the time. In a lot of cases its less about the sugar and more soft soluble fats. Was diet the hardest thing to eliminate? YES. It sucked, I'm a huge junk food person and I love sugar and dessert. My diet was never perfect, I never counted calories much, I just made sure I left the gym with a happy glow five or six days a week and running about the same amount.

Yoga is a great way to get into exercise. Its tough because classes always have slim girls who can do anything, but take it from me -- I was once around 200lbs at 5'2 and still did yoga when I was a muscular 115lbs. I was super self aware the first month or so I did it, but it does help especially if you have joint issues.

The biggest thing I can stress is proper form. If you can, find someone who has their bachelors or higher for sports medicine. You can usually get a recommendation from a physical therapy office, which is also a great place to visit before you start because they can tell you about areas you're lacking in / need adjusted. Personal trainers are a great way to start, but not all of them know as much as they should . And please no cross fit omg don't get me started. It takes a lot of work -- I don't go the gym anymore and have been pretty depressed lately, which isn't helping.

A few websites I recommend are darebee.com and bodybuilding.com. Athlean-X is a stellar YouTube channel, you get a real idea of proper form. Seriously seriously recommend Jeff. Bodybuilding is great because you can track your progress. Darebee has a.m.a.z.i.n.g. routines and plans. You can also download apps for your phone that track your meals, etc. It was honestly the best decision I ever made. If you have anymore questions let me know, I'm happy to share more!
psoliver wrote:
CoronelCoscacho wrote:
-Space Jam is a cinematic masterpiece and anyone who disagrees can meet me at the parking lot

CHEERS I’LL DRINK TO THAT BRO

Five days late but THAT'S THE SPIRIT BRUH. COME HERE (metaphorically)MY CINEMA CONOCCIEUR DUDE

Also since I'm on it and I'm stressed beyond the point of giving a damn let's share some more facts that aren't about me being an incompetent human being and/or a fatass:

-I used to play 🎻 as a kid (violin, I'm just leaving that emoji bc the self corrector put it there and it makes me really happy). I eventually dropped bc I got bored (and felt little pressured). Funny enough, I don't really like violin as a solo instrument: Lindsay Stirling is awesome and stuff, but the thing's record is So Pitch. It tells instantly if u miss a note and it makes u PAY for your mistakes like a mom seeing you come back home wasted and with a hangover.

-Thats been your musical rant of the day with coronel. Next time we're talking about why flutes are trash and melódicas are the future of music and Communism.

-Jokes aside, I do really love music: I enjoyed playing violin for a good part, and I love singing even when I don't have a good technical formation and mostly do it for fun. I've been told that I'm good with Acapella and fine tune tho! So that makes me kinda happy

-I do like drawing the most tho; if you gave me the choice between singing or drawing, I would (and have) choose drawing. It just makes me happy for some reason, and it's Easy for me to focus when I'm drawing, unlike with everything else.

-At elementary school there was a kid that always asked me whenever I'd read during recess if there was a dead, pressed cat on my book. One day I got fed up so I made a cartoon of a dead roadkill cat, put it on the book I was reading that day, and gave it to the kid(side note:it worked). This doesn't add nothing to anything but I just remembered it and it made me laugh.

-Talking about (not dead) animals: I F****ing love them, in a non creepy way of course. I really find all animals really interesting, and actually joined biology solely bc of that.

-Im not a huge fan of having exotic pets, but I hate people who judge responsible owners, specially when said owners have their animal's papers in line.

-Im not afraid of dogs, and I've been close to be bitten by big dogs because I offered them my hand to smell it, always been quicker so far, luckily. I never touch them right out the bat tho (I'm not that dumb) but I have a hard time telling if they're aggressive or not unless they growl or smth.

- I have a test in 7 hours and I'm beyond the point of giving a damn at this point bc I know I'm going to fail.

-I should really post something about my projects before I turn 21 but I'm too scared to f**k it up, and keep taking my time only makes me feel worse ha ha ha.

-I get really frustrated that I can't share memes in Spanish to my Internet buddies bc I have a folder of "Callese Viejo lesbiano" memes that I need to share but ughhhhhh (not blaming nobody tho please don't think like that aaaaa)

-my cat is occupying all my pillow as I write this and I can feel my neck screaming but I don't dare to shoo his fluffy ass out my bed please help.
light wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
light wrote:
Hello friends,

• A few years ago I lost 80lbs and have kept it off.

• One of my best friend's dad is missing a leg. When we first met I said, "Tell me. Round abouts how big was the bear you fought?" I am now his daughter without the hassle of adoption paperwork.

How did you lose 80 lbs and keep it off? Is it something I can emulate?

And also...that bear thing--that was brilliant.

Man I didn't realize how long ago this was.

Once day I went to eat at Taco Bell, which happened to be across from a Planet Fitness. For some reason I went in and signed up. It was on my way home from work, so I started going every day after work. I have a husky who was around 2 or so at the time, so I began running with her (only about a mile, mile and a half, I'm awful at cardio). Really it's energy in > energy out. I stuck with carbs and protein; diet works for who it does, but I have a pancreatic and heart issue so I need to keep my body in balance (lack of carbs means proteins have to work twice as hard). Carbs and protein are awesome for building muscle, which burns fat. A few friends have done the ketogenic diet with a lot of success.

I switched out the majority of processed food, sugar, soda. I never deprived my body of fat when it craved it. Ice cream, 4% cottage cheese? Cuss yeah. I kept it on hand all the time. In a lot of cases its less about the sugar and more soft soluble fats. Was diet the hardest thing to eliminate? YES. It sucked, I'm a huge junk food person and I love sugar and dessert. My diet was never perfect, I never counted calories much, I just made sure I left the gym with a happy glow five or six days a week and running about the same amount.

Yoga is a great way to get into exercise. Its tough because classes always have slim girls who can do anything, but take it from me -- I was once around 200lbs at 5'2 and still did yoga when I was a muscular 115lbs. I was super self aware the first month or so I did it, but it does help especially if you have joint issues.

The biggest thing I can stress is proper form. If you can, find someone who has their bachelors or higher for sports medicine. You can usually get a recommendation from a physical therapy office, which is also a great place to visit before you start because they can tell you about areas you're lacking in / need adjusted. Personal trainers are a great way to start, but not all of them know as much as they should . And please no cross fit omg don't get me started. It takes a lot of work -- I don't go the gym anymore and have been pretty depressed lately, which isn't helping.

A few websites I recommend are darebee.com and bodybuilding.com. Athlean-X is a stellar YouTube channel, you get a real idea of proper form. Seriously seriously recommend Jeff. Bodybuilding is great because you can track your progress. Darebee has a.m.a.z.i.n.g. routines and plans. You can also download apps for your phone that track your meals, etc. It was honestly the best decision I ever made. If you have anymore questions let me know, I'm happy to share more!

Thanks for all that!
haunt Topic Starter

i procrastinate at school frequently

-i have this really distinct wheeze when im laughing really hard and my brother calls it the Trademark Oliver Wheeze

-i walk fast because most of my friends are tall and i’m 5’0 so i gotta keep up with them and their Long Strides somehow

-i 100% believe in ghosts. i have some ~spooky experiences~ but i’m still really critical of things like ghost hunting shows and whatnot.

-i think my favorite part of halloween is carving jack o lanterns because they’re cute and it’s fun.

-it doesn’t matter how many times i see it, you know i had to do it to em memes pretty much never fail to make me laugh

-(in honor of bohemian rhapsody) i go hard so hard to somebody to love that i could probably wake the dead every time it comes on
The truth is....I love opera...and classical music...I think I am the only one left on earth who does 😰
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
The truth is....I love opera...and classical music...I think I am the only one left on earth who does 😰

No I love opera to! I watch my first opera when I was 6 on youtube
- I’m only bi in theory. if any man tries to touch me I will scream.
- I have 8 tattoos and like two of them have meaning.
- I wouldn’t say that I have chronic pain, despite the fact that I’m literally always in pain.
- I say that I don’t take myself very seriously but I do.
- I’m a witch.
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:

Seriously? Want to get married? 😁
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:

Lol , my fave opera is Hansel und Gretel

It’s my favorite fairytale and it’s the best opera Humperdinck create dreams something amazing!
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:

It’s my favorite fairytale and it’s the best opera Humperdinck create dreams something amazing!

The truth is I dont know a lot of the names of the music I listen to, I just hit random on spotify and let it ride (also you didn't answer my question 😒)
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:

The truth is I dont know a lot of the names of the music I listen to, I just hit random on spotify and let it ride (also you didn't answer my question 😒)

I am a happy single girl let’s keep it like that XD
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
- I am a happy single girl let’s keep it like that XD

Okay that's fine XD we can still be friends =D
https://youtu.be/exKymjvxIkU

Diana damreau as gretel she is So perfect!
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
https://youtu.be/exKymjvxIkU

Diana damreau as gretel she is So perfect!

That was great! I loved the duet at the end (and all the dead children hanging in the background lol)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » little facts about yourself

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus