Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » little facts about yourself

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
https://youtu.be/exKymjvxIkU

Diana damreau as gretel she is So perfect!

That was great! I loved the duet at the end (and all the dead children hanging in the background lol)

Loll true , I will send you also the final final part where they eat the witch
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
https://youtu.be/exKymjvxIkU

Diana damreau as gretel she is So perfect!

That was great! I loved the duet at the end (and all the dead children hanging in the background lol)

Loll true , I will send you also the final final part where they eat the witch

https://youtu.be/yoTMzkD1hh0 The duet is indeed fantastic I also like the welsh production but it’s a little to modern and dark but it’s also fun the end in that is epic

1.) I have green eyes! No central heterochromia, or brown in them, just a low concentration of blue with a lot of yellow mixed in! They can fluctuate depending on the lighting in my environment, so they're often a very pale, clear type of green that can either look vibrant and almost cat green in the sun or null and soft like a minty moss green you might find on a tree up north. I try not to but I often include this feature of myself in with characters, or include my eye-color in as some sort of attribute in their design, be it an accessory, or piece of clothing.

2.) I chew on the inside of my cheek which sways my lips to either left or right, still unsure if I only do this when focusing but I certainly look focused when doing it!

3.) I've damaged hearing and ADD (though you might not ever have guessed upon first impression) and often ask people to repeat themselves because I struggle to read lips! Because of this I also watch movies with subtitles 99% of the time!

4.) Despite my appetite for roleplay I actually care very little to read leisurely! I don't know if it's my ADD that contributes to my inability to focus but even wide awake on coffee I can sit down with the intention to read a book I think I enjoy and still fall asleep a couple pages in. Some days it feels impossible, and I hate to continuously reread pages simply because I couldn't retain the information!
1. My vision is really bad; I can’t see read anything more than six inches from my face. I dropped a paint can as a kid and got paint sprayed in my eyes so that probably didn’t help lol.
2. I love birbs! Please send me birbs, it will make my day! I have two: A cockatiel (Pikachu) and an African Grey (Max).
3. I haven’t gotten my hair cut in almost two years and it’s to my bottom now. All of my younger students try to grab/touch it when it’s down. 😬
4. I'm a firm believer in retail therapy.
CherryWine

• I'm short as hell. 5" there's not even any inches to my height or anything I'm just five feet. And yet most of my close family and relatives are super tall. So basically I'm like a hobbit that's been adopted into a family of elves...
  • But for a five foot female I guess I could say I'm pretty jacked. Not that I have a six pack or anything wouldn't complain if I did though cause I can finally live my butch fantasy but I'm hella sturdy for a girl who looks like a literal dwarf minus the fancy sideburns. I could definitely crush a watermelon between my thighs if I tried.
  • On top of dancing I also do Rugby/ American football a few times a week and let me tell you, the ladies I play with are bloody ruthless on the field and complete sweethearts outside of it. God I love my team.
  • I have auditory processing issues meaning that I can still hear what a person is saying, and yet sometimes my brain needs like three years to actually piece together what the hell they said to me. And I'm already easily distracted in general so that's just a great combination... I don't know how I even got through high school honestly.
  • And when I say I'm easily distracted I mean sooooo easily. Imagine the dogs from Up whenever someone mentions squirrel and apply it to a human when a gust of wind goes by or a pin drops. Cause that's me.
  • My accent is hella thick, like thicc thick to the point where other Scottish people can't figure out what the heck I'm saying half of the time.
  • The majority of my dream roles in Musical Theatre are angsty, dark roles that are meant to be played by men. Examples are Henry Jekyll, The Phantom and Jean Valjean. Never going to happen but a gal can dream.
  • I have this oddly specific curse involving tap shoes. For some reason whenever I'm in a production where I need to bring in tap shoes they always end up breaking at some point. Every. Single. Time! I have no idea how it happens because it's not like the ones I buy are cheap or anything I'm just cursed. You say Macbeth in a theatre once in your life and suddenly you have to replace your tap shoes twice a month.
Auberon Moderator

1. I own every episode of Ghost Adventures on Amazon.

2. I had a three octave vocal range at my peak. (Asthma and lack of practice has made me lose some range.) I was both a tenor and a soprano in high school.

3. I have a cat named Dr. Pumpkin Daniel Syd Barrett "Steve" Von Awesomesauce I, Lord of Turdington, Princess of Cheddarfarts. He purrs like a chainsaw.

4. I watch forensic and cold case tv to relax and veg out. I especially enjoy shows about serial killers and forensic psychology.
1. I am also the SHORTEST in my family on both sides - most women in my family are 5'6 to 5'9 and I am 5'2. and the men are 6'0 and up. My grandmother and aunt on my fathers side are also really short but not as short as I am.

2. I have a menagerie of animals - currently I own two Aussies(Australian Shepherds); I have a 8 mo. old Blue merle male named Kumo or momo. A 3 mo. old red-tri female named Yuko or Koko (her nickname is Potato or Rogue too. because she keeps on escaping) (their Insta; https://www.instagram.com/weare.moko/) and a 6 yr old Maine Coon named Hazelnut. I used to own 20 parakeets(i used to breed them for local pet stores), two green cheek conures (Gin and Mio), two love birbs and a jendaya conure (Rin). I want to expand my repertoire for reptilians or lapins eventually like a holland lop or pygama gecko.

3. I often have buyers remorse when buying myself anything.

4. Social anxiety is a bitch. And often times I am second guessing my ability to communicate with people or friendships.
I am a powerlifter -- my motivation for being strong is so I can carry my bridal carry my wife everywhere, even in old age.

I'm antique savvy and love trawling for bargains to upcycle.

I'm slowly learning to play the guitar -- I've got smoke on the water down.

One of my goals is to visit 30 countries before I turn 30.

I also have green eyes. 💪
I love covering them in makeup.
I never wanted kids and never wanted to get married. Ever. I had fully planned to live my life single/casually dating but never marrying and never having children (and was in fact told that I'd never get pregnant - and that even if I did I wouldn't carry to term). I have a 6 (almost 7) year old daughter and my husband and I are planning more.

I have resting bitch face...like extremely bad, and I can often come across more hostile than I actually am. I'm not really a people person (but I warm up pretty easy after the first couple minutes), as it turns out, because I am extremely straight forward, up front, honest, and blunt. I don't sugar coat things. For me it's a respect thing, I don't like it when people do it to me so I won't do it to others.

I was recently diagnosed with long term, chronic PTSD that manifests as episodes of rage and/or anxiety. For the first time in my life I am willingly in therapy.

I code in my free time for fun. I learned how to code HTML when I was 12 and CSS when I was 15. I've done it on and off since then, and I find it very relaxing and soothing.

I absolutely HATE even numbers and I don't even know why.
Might as well join in on the fun.

- I'd rather get up for work at 4 than 7. Getting up between 6-8 makes me tired. Before and after are fine.

- I drink at least a pot of tea a day. Usually more.

- I've lost the sense of what time it's appropriate to eat certain foods.

- I'm currently procrastinating.

- I have webbed toes - it's a family trait on my dad's side.

- I do aerial art.

- My cat and I are practically the same person. Her name is Kali.

- I love books, to a point where we moved to a bigger apartment to get a room devoted to books. We call it "The Library". It's divided into 4 sections: Fiction, History, Occult and Middle East.

- I dislike children, especially those living in our building. They're noisy.

- I come from a working class family, and is the first, to my knowledge, to (soon) hold a master's degree. On my dad's side, I was likely the first with a high-school diploma too.

- Despite coming from working class, I have noble blood on my mom's side, going way back. One might ask "what went wrong?" since several of my ancestors ended up washing stairs.

- My resume will show you that I speak many languages - Danish, English, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish, French and Arabic. It will also show you that I speak about 5 different dialects in Arabic. Truth is, that I'm only comfortable speaking two of those languages, but will likely impress you in more.

- I love my washing machine, and will tell my boyfriend that every time I wash our clothes, or at least once a week. No more washing in sinks or buckets!

- My teapot is now empty.
Here we goooo!

- I married my highschool sweetheart. I know a lot of the time that doesn't work out but next September will be ten years and despite being two different people we compliment each other so well and have helped each other grow into good people. I never even thought about marriage until the moment he proposed and I knew that yeah actually, I wanted that.

- I have two children. We wanted five but we're realistic, and also my second labor was incredibly stressful and scary for the both of us. Our daughter is now five and our son is a year and a half, and they really complete us. Children are another thing I didn't know I wanted.

- I come from a family where eating was not always a garuntee growing up, so I make it my mission to make sure there's always plenty of food for the kids even when there isn't plenty for us. I even pack extra in my daughter's lunch in case other kids at school don't have enough.

- I have a dent in my forehead from an accident when I was ten, and now whenever I'm hyper stressed or extremely angry it comes out. My father flat out will not talk to me if it's out because he knows I'm on the path to murder.

- I am allergic to penicillin and other cillin antibiotics and so when I get sick we have a real tough time treating me because my body would rather die than just accept the good medicine.

- One time in elementary school I told a joke on the morning news. I think they laughed to be polite. I've gotten better at jokes since then and will pun you to death.
Well, this should be fun...
    ☛ As I often do throughout my life, I have recently thrown caution to the wind, quit my job, and the next day moved to another state. I now have a position that allows me to spend more time doing things I love (writing, for one), and it could send me abroad in the upcoming months which I cannot wait for.

☛ I am a HUGE Nine Inch Nails fan... I'm going to see him in New Orleans for Thanksgiving which will be the fifth and sixth time I've seen him this year alone. Collectively I've seen NIN 12 times so far. While I'm down there, I most likely will get a new tat with my favorite lyrics on my side.

☛ I, too, have green eyes. Out of 4 kids, I was the only one that got my mother's eyes. They happen to be my favorite physical thing about me. I've often been told that they become 'crazy green' when I'm under stress or I'm handling a situation that requires me to be firm.

☛ I am actually crafty. We didn't have a lot of money growing up (4 kids is a lot) so my mom taught all of us how to knit, cross-stitch, paint, etc.. She always says that handmade gifts are the best thing you can give and I still believe that. It isn't strange to find me making all of my holiday or birthday gifts for the ones I love. Then again, I also do it to make people smile. So let me know if you want/need a Corvin Craft in your life!

☛ I believe in memories over materialistic items. Once again, it goes back to my childhood. Getting lost down a road was vastly more meaningful than buying the latest Gameboy in the 90s for me. Most of my best memories growing up involved camping or any road trip my family went on. To this day, I've become a bit of a wanderlust. Because of my successes in my career, I often am able to make last minute decisions to go on random trips (my next one is in 5 days to Dublin, Ireland)

☛ I'm a car enthusiast. Over time I've had about 13 cars, my most recent one being my beloved RX8. I was going to sell it but here I am, looking to rescue it from CT to add it to my garage. Then again, CT didn't like the mods I *may* have done to her exhaust (I did all of that in TX, and of course, they don't care at all down there - I miss that place!)
Alrighty, time for me to join in on this. Ahem, drum roll please.

ღ I'm a proper little shortie. I stand at 5"2.5, the half is important to my self esteem, while the rest of my family is hitting just 6" or slightly over/under, as well as my partner whose roughly 6"3/4, and his best friend whose slightly taller than him. I spend most of my day arching my neck up at people and getting a bad neck because of it.

ღ I am absolutely in love with the colour purple right now. I have a purple backpack, headphones, notebooks, pens with purple ink, a collapsible travel mug, and more. Due to being a bit OCD, my traits are that I have to have everything matching, as well as being a neat/clean freak, I organise things by colour and size.

ღ I'm also a crazy cat lady. I've got one cat myself right now, but I've had three others who have sadly passed on to kitty heaven, whilst my family I can name at least 5 others we've had that I've been told about. And I'll walk up to random cats in the street and start cuddling them because I love kitties so much. They're so cute!

That's it, that's all I can think of about me that might be even remotely interesting.
Basalt

I'm really impressed with the number of self taught skills and I keep awww-ing over the spouses, kids, and pets.

- Solid green eye club woohoo.

- Being a stay at home mom has been my longtime dream, but I ended up becoming an engineer in a really niche field instead. I still want a family but I'm not especially good at dating so I've resigned to being a spinster in the meantime.

- I have an undercut! Hyperthyroidism gives me hot flashes and the undercut, on top of looking awesome, helps me stay cool.

- Member of the ADHD club, and my journey to a correct diagnosis was really rough. Now I work with a coach who specializes in professionals with Attention Deficit disorders! Daily management is a pain but frankly I refuse to think of my condition as anything less than a super power I'm learning to control.

- I've maintained Sephora Rouge status for more years than I'm willing to admit.

- I was raised on a cattle ranch, which is basically a soft way of saying I performed child labor.

- No one ever taught me how to ride a bike. Despite this I tried to liberate a Google bike from the corporate campus in San Jose. It went about as well as you'd expect.

- The best years of my life were spent doing volunteer firefighting and HAZMAT. It was all very physical and cerebral at the same time, and I'm still trying to find that perfect balance again.
TheMightyLesbo wrote:
  • I'm short as hell. 5" there's not even any inches to my height or anything I'm just five feet. And yet most of my close family and relatives are super tall. So basically I'm like a hobbit that's been adopted into a family of elves...
  • But for a five foot female I guess I could say I'm pretty jacked. Not that I have a six pack or anything wouldn't complain if I did though cause I can finally live my butch fantasy but I'm hella sturdy for a girl who looks like a literal dwarf minus the fancy sideburns. I could definitely crush a watermelon between my thighs if I tried.
  • On top of dancing I also do Rugby/ American football a few times a week and let me tell you, the ladies I play with are bloody ruthless on the field and complete sweethearts outside of it. God I love my team.
  • I have auditory processing issues meaning that I can still hear what a person is saying, and yet sometimes my brain needs like three years to actually piece together what the hell they said to me. And I'm already easily distracted in general so that's just a great combination... I don't know how I even got through high school honestly.
  • And when I say I'm easily distracted I mean sooooo easily. Imagine the dogs from Up whenever someone mentions squirrel and apply it to a human when a gust of wind goes by or a pin drops. Cause that's me.
  • My accent is hella thick, like thicc thick to the point where other Scottish people can't figure out what the heck I'm saying half of the time.
  • I have this oddly specific curse involving tap shoes. For some reason whenever I'm in a production where I need to bring in tap shoes they always end up breaking at some point. Every. Single. Time! I have no idea how it happens because it's not like the ones I buy are cheap or anything I'm just cursed. You say Macbeth in a theatre once in your life and suddenly you have to replace your tap shoes twice a month.

Ah, you made me laugh reading this! Short and thick Scottish accent? You sure you're not a dwarf? And the sarcastic humor - love it! Keep being your awesome, short and tough, funny self!
haunt Topic Starter

hm. i’m bored and sad so why not.

-i’m really easily amused

-my dream job is being an actor and it has been for as long as i can remember but i haven’t even been in a school play because i have such bad anxiety. rip.

-idk if this is common anywhere else but i live in an area that gets a lot of tornados so every friday at noon we test the tornado sirens and they sound like this.

-i have restless leg syndrome except instead of only affecting me at night it just affects me constantly and it’s indescribaly painful and annoying. basically if i’m not constantly moving in some way they start twitching and spasming and cramping and shaking it just makes the pain gets worse and sometimes it gets to the point where i start limping just because it hurts so badly.

-every single cat is my friend

-i write poetry a lot but i’ve never publicly posted it under my name or known accounts or anything

-if i could be any supernatural creature i would be a vampire so i can have an excuse to be mysterious and brooding all the time
How about some more nonsense? :D
  • When I was 6 years old, I had big ol’ crushes on Speed Racer and Johnny Quest, and I wanted Batman (from The Animated Series) to be my uncle.
  • I’ve always experienced some mild hallucinations around sleep times. I’ve never had sleep paralysis, but I had and continue to have hypnopompic hallucinations (ones that occur before/during awakening), especially when I’m staying someplace away from home. They were much less pleasant when I was younger - almost always spiders above me, for some reason - but they’ve gotten milder and funnier as I’ve gotten older. Greatest hits include a potted palm tree in the middle of the room, a spiky red ball bouncing around between the walls, and the time I thought there were three white dogs pawing through my laundry. (There were not.)
  • I used to have auditory hallucinations before going to sleep, too, but I don’t anymore. I kind of miss it because it was never threatening; it was like a radio station I could tune into as I was dropping off, and I could make it louder and clearer if I focused or change the song I was listening to. Alas! We can’t keep all the things we like forever.
  • I’m realizing I like birds way more than I initially thought and am considering getting into casual birdwatching as a hobby. They're just consistently awesome little animals no matter how common or rare they are.
  • I like to take a lot of alternate routes when driving for funsies and have tried to make a game of getting off at different exits from the freeway and finding my way home from there. It’s much less now than it used to be, what with in-phone GPS and all; never have to worry about staying lost!
Hm, I think I'll give this a go.
  • I've been using computers since I was two years old. I still don't know how to code. I've taken two classes and practiced a lot, but I never retain any of it once the class is over.
  • In the past I've played the piano and the violin, and I've done choir. Piano and violin I had to quit because of my chronic pain, choir I quit because it was full of divas who couldn't sing. On a related note, I have near-perfect pitch.
  • My current musical fixation is Carpenter Brut, despite synthwave not normally being my thing.
  • I have well over 1,000 hours each in Skyrim (over 2,000 if you count both console and PC), Elder Scrolls Online, and Starbound. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
  • I always knew I never wanted a romantic relationship, since before I hit puberty and carrying on until high school. Then I realized I was in love with my best friend. She and I are currently engaged, planning to get married once at least one of us has a college degree. We've been together six years now.
  • I used to be terrified of swearing, to the point that when I was little, I would immediately whisper "I take back what I said" if so much as a "stupid" slipped out of my mouth. Now, though, I swear all the time, at least IRL.
  • I, too, am currently procrastinating. I blame my executive dysfunction.
! :0

I like to collect little things like bottle caps , screws , clips and other junk

I want to write loads of stories but it's hard

I have a scar on my face from a mirror and one time i gotta another scar but in the exact same spot

My knees crack when i bend them :(

I love pockets and i have to have them on me an all times. Hoodies too!

I have a likeness for bowls

I do art!

I wanted to make 2D computer games but i can't really code (along with a text based game). I also wanted to make a card game too.
7th-Derp

Welp...

-I'm a good for nothing, lazy, dumb nobody who's only real "skill" was drawing while I have done nothing but fail at everything else I ever did in life.

-I'm practically invisible in just about every way with how little presence I seem to have anywhere I go.

-Jokes done against me have a much greater effect to make people laugh than if the joke is aimed at someone else, even if the joke borders on being rather insulting.

-I manage to only surround myself with people that continue to make me feel more depressing by the day.

-In spite of it all, I only really had one small wish in life.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » little facts about yourself

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus