Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walk alone

Luna Suta (played by BunnyGirl123) Topic Starter

Luna nodded and smiled. "Thanks." She said getting up and heading towards the bedroom. "Good night, get some sleep."
Markal (played by Tolora)

"You too." He said as she disappeared into her room. Markal laid down on the couch and sunk in a little. It was comfortable enough, more so than sleeping on the ground outside anyway. He turned on his side and reached into his backpack next to the couch, pulling out a pair of light pajama pants Tolora had gotten him for his birthday. He changed into them and left his shirt in the bag. He laid his head down and fell asleep almost instantly.

In the bedroom, Luna currled up in the sheets that were placed on the bed. She stared into the darkness for a bit, the only light comming from the small window behind her. The moon's rays shining through the blinds that shilded her view from the outside world. She tossed and turned in the bed, feeling too awake from the dance that happened only a few minutes ago. She sighed, slipping out of the bed and making her way towards the window. Openeing the blinds, more of the moon's light shown through, making her silver hair look almost like it was glowing. Looking out the window, she could just barely see the river that she had seen before over the edge of the cliff. Keeping her eyes on it for a few moments, watched the calming flow of it. Making up her mind, she quietly slipped out of the room, careful not to wake Markal. As she made her way through the inn, she saw that no one was up. It was so silent, that if you dropped a pin, it would make an echo noise. Walking out the front doors, she made her way through the town that was dimmly lit with street lights. The town was also deserted and silent. If Luna had been a normal person, them she would have thought that something was going to pop out at her any moment. When she reatched the stream, she sat by it for a momment, enjoying the sound of its gental flow. After a few more moments of silence, she slipped off her boots, dipping her feet and lower legs into the water. She felt a burst of chilling water hit her, but relaxed when she got used to it. Shighing in delight, Luns closed her eyes, Luna appreciated the first true, relaxing silence she had got since what seemed like forever.

Markal lay awake for a moment. He'd woken up when Luna had opened the door but hadn't opened his eyes or changed his breathing pattern. He figured she might just be going to the bathroom but heard the other door quietly open and close. He wondered what she was doing, but didn't want to snoop. Markal decided to wait for Luna to come back, sitting up when she didn't. A bit of worry was nagging at him and he left the room, following Luna's scent. He grew puzzled when it lead to the water. He watched the movement patterns of the trees that grew in a part near the river. He joined the movements and climbed up one of the taller trees. Anyone who didn't know exactly what they were looking for wouldn't be able to see him. Markal was relieved to see Luna was safe at the side of the river. Her hair looked like it was glowing. He didn't want to disturb her and resolved to stay and keep watch for any nightly predators.

Luna swished her feet in the water for a few mwments before laying flat on her back, her feet still in the cool liquid. She looked into the night sky and its many bright stars. It reminded her of when her and Markal were looking for constellations. She traced the big dipper with the tip of her finger, then a few others.

Markal heard a growl below him and looked down to see a wolverine. He growled back fiercely, as wolverines only listened to threats. It seemed to be convinced he meant it and ran off. Markal looked up and saw a cloud drifting lazily across the moon, covering it slightly. A wind picked up and, high as he was, rocked the top of the trees. He wrapped an arm around the trunk but wasn't too worried. He could always jump down to another branch on a different tree.

Luna flinched and bolted up when she heard a low growl. Her head wirled around when she saw a wolverine near one of the trees, looking up at something. She was about to get up when it ran away. Cautiously, she got up and walked towards the tree that it had been at. "Hello?"

Markal jumped down from the high tree branch and landed on a lower one where Luna could see him, or at least that there was someone there. Shadows covered him, making it hard to focus on his outline. He hoped she wouldn't think he was spying.

Luna jumped back when the figure landed in front if her. On instinct, her hands flew to her back, drawing her twin swords. She held them in front of her defensively, squinting at the figure. "Markal?" She asked, just baerly making out the figure as him.

He nodded. "I got worried when you left and didn't come back... Sorry if I interrupted you doing something."

Luna shook her head and put her swords back in place. "Don't worry about it. Sorry I woke you."

"That's alright. Don't usually need much sleep." He swung down to the ground and even there the shadows seemed to cling to him. Markal didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, it was night and the trees threw a lot of shadows.

Luna smiled and headed back towards the stream, once again dipping her feet into the cool water.

Markal smiled a little and sat down with his back against the tree. "You ok? I mean, you're not still upset about what Hodge said are you?"

"No, its just I was a little too... awake to get to sleep is all." Luna laced her fingers together and set them down in her lap.

Markal nodded. "I know what you mean. Sometimes it's just so hard to fall asleep when so much has happened. I kept my sister up a lot when we traveled together." He laughed quietly.

"Mmm." Luna hummed, kicking her feet in the water to make little splashes.

Markal found his eyes drawn back to Luna's hair. "Is that your natural hair color?" He'd never seen a girl with hair like that, but somehow, he doubted that anything fake could look like it radiated moonlight.

Luna touched her hair before answering. "Yeah, its always been this color. I think inherited it from my mother."

He paused. "You don't know for sure?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walk alone

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus