Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Zombies Arise

"God, how can these people not even die quietly?"
Tren growled. They had found their way to the fire escape inside, but Tren had ordered them to quickly look around for ny unguarded supplies. Drawing his revolver, he slowly creptto the door, keeping an eye on it.
"No supplies, I lied" Ethan replied as he spat blood in the man's other eye, he bit the man's hand as hard as his jaw could allow as it was hurting from the blow he took, he fell from the man's grasp, he grabbed the ladder and climbed down.
He yelled at the hooded man "Oi, you British accented mug, you almost ruined my collar shirt and this new suit jacket I looted from the apartment." He grabbed a lid from a nearby trashcan and threw it at the man, "Also, I think you dislocated a tooth of mine, I understand the undead apocalypse is ruining everybody's lives but holding someone at gunpoint, with a shotgun no less, isn't gonna give you the response you want and 2. the person that you are holding up at gunpoint, yeah make sure they are scared of violence."

((Btw, Static, where is Sarah? like is she in the same alleyway where Nick and Ethan are skirmishing or elsewhere because Ethan did climb down to help her and AJ before he climbed back up the fire escape with his now ruined plan.))
Nicholas Blake (played by Marsh)

The man blocked the lid, with his arms, but still stumbled from the force. “Would you stop getting your horrid bodily fluids in my eyes!” He wiped his eyes and blinked a few times before opening them fully.
He took a deep breath and put his hands up, the barrel of the gun facing the sky. “Should’ve just said you had no supplies, would’ve saved us the trouble.”
The man, almost in an instant, changed his stance and shot towards Ethan, only to kill an infected that was running at him from the side. “Shot didn’t nip ya, did it?”
A small horde of the undead divided from the larger horde, on the streets, and began to drag, limp and stumble their way towards the gunfire. “Right, that was my only shell,” he admitted with regret. “Now get up here, unless you’re feeling like dying.”
Another bloody gunshot. Everyone's an idiot. And that sounded like a shotgun blast. Every zombie with half a working ear would be charging towards this place. Tren peeked out the door and saw the fire escape, and everyone on it. It'd be better to wait until after the zombies couldn't get up it to begin a confrontation, so he dodged back inside to inform his comrades.
"Well, I went with the assumptions that you are a ruthless killer, which let's be fair is about a 48% chance of being true and of course, I also decided to put myself in your shoes and in my mind, I would've pulled the trigger if my victim didn't give me a straight answer but that's just me." Ethan said while he was climbing up the ladder but with his left hand which he didn't have problem with as he was left handed, however he was deeply worried about his clearly infected right hand. So, he decided to do the thing he wasn't prepared for, when he reached the top of the fire escape, he pulled out his bronze canteen and poured out a decent amount of vodka on the wound and drank the rest. He looked at the hooded man and said "Oh, this? This is mine, I didn't share this with the group but I really don't know where they are, I thought I saw the guy named Ashe or something leave but I wasn't sure that was him and I don't know where Audrey is." Ethan shrugged.
Whit (played by nightmqre)

((can be in the same alley, idrc to be honest... XD))

Sarah looked at AJ, her eyes watering. "AJ.."

Reluctantly, she pulled out her knife. She crouched beside him and thrusted the blade into his forehead while looking away. While blood splattered on herself, she pulled her knife from his head and stared his small body, which was now pale and limp.

In a sudden flash of anger, she angrily kicked a dumpster as her eyes continued to water. "Why!"

“Yeah.. I don’t know who you’re talking about. Sorry for threatening your life and all that.” He pulled down his hood and mask, revealing a pale face that heavily contrasted with his dark red eyes. “Name’s Nick, by the way.” Nick extended his hand. “And don’t use that manky hand of your’s please.”
"Well, it was nice meeting you, Nick, my name is Ethan Aedan Ezell and yes, I blame my grandmother for my second name." He shook Nick with his left hand. "Also, that woman just killed her... yea" Ethan said as he pointed at the woman with his bloody right hand.

She looked no older than 17, her hair disturbed largely and her clothes ripped to the point where if there were too be one more rip, they wouldn't be able to be worn. Her arms were uncovered and covered in cuts, dry blood, bruises and scars. She was wearing a tank top and jeans, with some cheap, basic trainers.

Her whole body was trembling as she kicked the dumpster again, her knife still in her hand. She had tears leaking from her eyes and she felt like a failure. "I can't do one thing right! One thing." She was talking to herself. "One kid starved, and the other fell from my arms. I'm a failure."

She kicked the dumpster for a third time and threw her knife on the floor, managing to cut her hand deeply in the process but she didn't seem to care. She growled, trying not to completely break down.
Ethan signed... Why am I put into these situations? Like, I've always been a selfish person, as they say anyway but it's like I'm being put in these situations where I can't just think about myself... wait a minute.. Is someone screwing with me on a cosmic scale? Guess so Ethan thought. He said "Young lady, my father always said "Better to mourn what happened after the battle not during it, that's a great way to get yourself killed" so, I'd hitchhike my way up this ladder before the horde makes the ladder unreachable." I risked myself, in the span of hours for 2 people, first it was for Audrey who is now missing and now it was for this woman. If my mom would see me, she'd say this was out of character for me.

She almost didn't hear him, too infuriated by her own actions. However she had, and she looked at him before looking to the board and felt her face turn completely pale. She was quick to slide over to where he knife was and pick it up before making her way over to the ladder and climbing up it. She had to keep her eyes shut when she looked down so she wouldn't see AJ's body.

When she reached the top, her grip on her knife was tighter than before and the hand she has cut was now soaked with fresh blood. She watched a few of the zombies bite down on the little boys body and she could almost hear her heart shatter, again. She swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat. She went to put her knife back in her back pocket and that's when she felt the (dead) flower crown AJ had crafted for her while they were in a boarding school base camp.

That seemed to be the last straw for her as her legs have way and she collapsed to her knees. She curled over, letting out another heart broken scream as she hit her forehead against the ground.

Nick squated down beside Sarah. “Listen, I know I’ve only known of your existence for less than a minute but, if it makes you feel any better, at least you don’t have to carry that kid around. He’s slowing you down, Miss.” He smiled, deviously. It was clear that his intention was to infuriate this girl, who was already filled with withering emotion.
"And people call me heartless" Ethan sat down and looked at his bleeding right hand, the swelling has calmed down and it seems he prevented infection but he isn't sure, so once again he made a makeshift gauze out of his shirt this time instead of his new suit jacket like last time.
"Hey, Nick where did you find that sawed off shotty? Gun store or family heirloom that you looted?" Ethan enquired with the horde directly under him and the others.
Tren kept wincing at the screams. Eventually, zombies would make it fhru the makeshift barricade of metal and packaged chips would collapse thru sheer luck and forcefulness of zombies. Tren glanced at his melee armed comrades before preparing to open the door.

Nick halted his preying on Sarah and his grin receded. He turned to Ethan and placed his hand on his shoulder “Was in one of the drawers in the apartment, mate. You must’ve missed it.”
Ethan shrugged "It was probably in a place someone else was searching"
Ethan scratched his head.
"How long do you think that horde down there will stay? 3-5 hours?"
Ethan yawned.

Sarah listened to their conversation before Nick's words about AJ finally settled in her head and her hands balled into fists. "That kid was only thing keeping my will power to live alive." She growled at him, resisting the urge to throw the knife straight at his chest. She sat up slightly, pulling the flower crown from her pocket and staring at it in her hands, her eyes once again becoming watery.
Ethan cracked his neck to the right and left, letting out a loud audible pop. "A lot of things give us the will to live, I just want to visit my parents in the retirement home that I sent them, hopefully the cause of this apocalyptic catastrophe hasn't reached them but I am prepared for the worst, old folks are generally the first to bite the dust in a zombie like event." Ethan said while he began to pop his fingers, making small audible pops. "I'm gonna need to find some vodka after we get down from here." Ethan muttered.
Ashe (played by Bonez)

Decides to move on alone for now. He would scribble out a note for Audrey... heh he never met the rest enough to exchange names other then her and the one who lost her father. The note read like instructions on where he was headed and if she ventured that way she would have a open door waiting for her and whoever else came with her.

The note is placed on the door before he makes his way down the fire escape. There were no deaf things around at the moment so he would slip out onto the street unnoticed. He wondered if his soon to be ex wife and daughter were still where they said to meet him. His father was one of those be ready for the end of the world type of guys so going out of the cities would be a good thing.

First he would need a quiet way of getting to that cabin so he would search the remaining vehicles that were still operational. He sighed not finding any so he decided to just start heading out of the city on foot and hopefully he would at least find a bike or something since it would be a long trip.

She stood up, gripping the childish crown even tighter. "Well done people don't have parents to hunt for or people to go find." Her words were bitter as she picked her knife up again. "Some people lost everything before this shit happened."

She pocketed her knife and wrapped the flower crown carefully around her wrist. She used a ripped piece of clothing to tie her hair up into a lazy, messy bun before looking down once more at the remains of AJ's body. She glanced at Ethan, "At least you had folks."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Zombies Arise

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus