Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

"No," Victi said, suddenly. "Not a telepath. It didn't immediately try to talk to Raven, which it would have if it knew you two were related. The place could have suggested a form, assuming that thing is part of this place, but it's more likely she's here." Then she retuned to silence.
Raven (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

"That's a relief," Raven says, "Sort of. I don't want to meet Real Lisa here." She trots to the door of the new house. "Let's go! I can't open doors by myself." Upon realizing that, she's glad to have a bunch of opposable thumbs by her side.
"If she's here, which is seeming very likely, she's here without us," Victi stated, bothered. "From what you've said about your adventures, she'd be a good asset, even if she does get spooked and probably doesn't have her magic."
Liliath decide to open the door “We should make a plan to get out off this place.”
"I suggesst experiment-tation. I have lit-tle perssonal knowl-edgge of such phhenomena, but am aware that in ssome casses thhese placcess may loop back on themsselves. We musst determine if thhiss iss the case, and, if sso, leaving by convention-nal meanss may be imp-possible. We musst be prepared to deal withh thhat possibilt-ty," Tsi'ka hissed, clearly troubled.
Victi squeezed her eyes shut and sighed, before saying in a mildly irritated tone, "okay, so that's true, but I was going to avoid telling them that, because that option really sucks."
Sage Mecker (played by Cherry_Red)

She didn't like the idea of sending Raven and the little girl into a building where there could be traps, it made her nervous. "So what do you need me to do? Because I'm not going to stand here and look pretty."
"I for one liked that bow idea you were mentioning earlier. We'd have to find stuff for it, but I like the idea of not having our only way of hitting that thing from outside of arm-length being the quarantiner's lash. I mean, that's good, but having more than one thing is a good idea," Victi suggested, "I mean, I have a pretty good throwing arm, but even improvised arrows seem like a better idea than having to hurl rocks."

"Okay well, why don't we look for one first before we go looking for the stuff to make it? We have a better chance at finding one around here somewhere than finding the stuff to make one." She said. With all these dead bodies, she had an idea "hold on, maybe these people were people just like us. They must have a base some where. Obviously some of them were members of the town, we should look for a police station. It'd make most sense for them to make a base there."
Character Dump (played by WolfieX45)

As lisa answers her questions and then also mentions a child haze is up and ready. “Yea cmon, she cant have gotten far.” She says with a halfsmile, i mean why would a child go far in a place like this anyway, right?

Sighing and running a hand thru her long pink locks she nods one more time and pushes out the door, tensed and ready for whatever this odd place might throw at them.
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

When the child thinks she's under the protection of a nigh six-meter long arthropod, only the spirits know how far she would go.

Lisa smiled, relieved she wouldn't have to go outside completely alone, and gladly follows Hazely into the street. The rain, slowly getting worse, makes her shiver as she steps outside.

The cold rain is not their only nasty surprise.

Lisa, holding panic at bay best she can, cups her hands to her mouth and calls, "Girl! Little girl!" She looks around, no little girl.

unfortunately, her calls fall well out of earshot of the other group. Something's different...wrong. As she observes the sides of the street, she realizes that nothing looks familiar. All of the buildings seem to have to twisted into new shapes. As she turns to look at the house they'd just left, she sees that it, too, is different.

"...what the...?"

"Wait, wait, wait," Raven chimes. She stands a step inside the house, already realizing by the floor at her feet that is not the same house she'd recently left. "Are you sure it's a good idea to split up if we think the buildings are changing? Maybe we should all stay by the house until Little and I finish checking it out. Sage and Victi can some with us and Buggy can wait right outside." She smiles, "This little trip will go faster with all of us in there; who can fit, anyways."
"Ugh, not a huge fan of the close quarters, but... fine. I'll go." She began advancing to enter the house, warily, and ended up whacking her wings against the door frame.

She stopped, and simply stared ahead for a moment before sighing, "right," and manoeuvring them to sit behind her more tightly. "that," she said once fully inside, "Is going to get very old very quickly."
"It changess while we do not watch. Thhuss we should alwayss be wat-ching." Pointed out the Tsk-t, "I will keep the door open and keep vigil over both locales. By that method, little should change. This does raise the concern thhat, as we approach the outside of thhiss town, it will move uss back towardss the cent-ter to contain uss."
“Lets go Raven.” She stepped inside the house and looked around . She decide to pick the cat up “Where should we go?” She pointe dto the left and then to right “You can choose , cause you are the leader.”

"Or ignore me, that's fine. I'm going to go look for their base." She says and walks away and tries to find the police station.

"Sage, that's a good way to-" Raven sighs as the red-head walks away, "-get...lost."

She takes a few more steps into the house. "Um...let's go this way." She turns right, approaching an open doorway into a room with a carpeted floor and an extinguished fireplace.
Lisa Adrean Adeptus (played by DazzlingDragon) Topic Starter

"Girl!" Lisa's voice cracks as she calls one more time. She stands outside a crumbling brick building with a sign that she thinks reads, "police station," not that she has any idea what a police is.

She holds still in quiet for one second.

Two.

Make that three.

Nothing. She looks up; Hazely's still with her, good. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be dragging you around like this."

She shouldn't, but after discovering that her powers are missing, she did not want to be caught outside alone. She feels exposed, vulnerable, without her abilities. She could hold her own in a fight with, say, a normal person, but if she met something like the Tsi'ka-ul but without the questionably unhostile disposition...She doesn't want to think about it.
Hearing Raven's call to Sage made Victi roll her eyes and dash back out of the house. At the very least, people should be keeping in pairs, basic survival tactics. She told the large, watchful hive-born "Stay here, keep an eye on those two. We can both get to high points easily to navigate later, I'm going with her," pointing towards Sage's gradually retreating form. After a grudging, rattled agreement, which Victi didn't bother fully listening to (It was... probably an agreement), she promptly dashed off after the fire-haired girl. Heck, Sage had a good point. Somewhere with more of an arsenal would be a better place than some random house to find gear. Law enforcement station? seemed like a good bet. Possibly had other things useful there, too. Spare rations, reserve power, medical supplies... She felt a little bad leaving Raven alone with just the kid and someone who couldn't even get into the building usefully, but she'd honestly rather stick with the potential archer while her magic was down.

Once she caught up to Sage after a block or so, she said "Hey, while there's a hostile out there, and possible traps, let's try to at least stay in pairs, okay? We don't have to like each other, we just need to have one of us able to hold the nasty down while the other one hits it."

She turned to see Victi standing next to her. "Sorry, but I don't feel like being useless, so getting lost is better than being useless. But sure, you can stick with me. I'm looking for the police station."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » This Town is to Die For! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus