Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » IC thread

He slides off of the seat but stays near the bike. He sees the child Sox is talking about: a small, timid little creature with wooly fur and ill-fitting clothes she probably meant to use as a disguise.

He lingers near the bike, smiling. He waves at the child and lets Sox coax her out of the timber.
Liliath (played by Cookiesareyummie) Topic Starter

Liliath looked up a little shocked but then she smiled a little . And runned over the Fox to hug her "He is here."
Sox.... didn't like the sound of that.

"Okay, come over here, wait by the bike," she instructed, "Let me get my bag out. I'll get you a snack, okay?"

She was very much planning on getting out more than a snack. That as well, she wasn't lying, but she also had a very shiny pistol she was worried she might need soon. She pulled out a couple snack bars which she gave to the girl (she kept those in her bag in case she got hungry waiting for things), leaving the weapon in the bag while she loaded it. With the types of nasties in these woods? Armour-peircing seemed good.

After that was ready, and hopefully nobody had seen it, she slung the bag over her shoulder, letting it rest just in reach of her right hand, and brought out her phone to send Seo a text, letting her know which exit they were closest to and that they'd found the girl.

Liliath calmly walked to the bike , thankfully smiled while she ate her snack "He is here." she said again "I don't wanna go back."
"Smart girl. I'll wait until Seo can text me back, so I know she knows you're okay," Sox reassures with a smile, "Do you have any idea where you'd like to go now? If we can get you somewhere that's safe in the long term, I think that would be good for everyone."

"Seo ."she said soft

meanwhile Seo got the texted and almost jumped 'Thank you , i'll come back soon as i can but my dad is around"
-
Liliath shook her head then nodded "You." she pointed to Sox , then she noticed his car again and then she was his brown evil eyes "Go!"
The absolute beast of a car (She was still not quite clear when you could just cut to the chase and call something like that a limo) pulling onto the freeway made the fur on her back stand up straight. Not just because it was an obviously armoured limo with tinted windows, but because it wasn't just driving down the freeway. It was prowling down the freeway. Sox honestly had no idea what to do here. It was going to see her bike either way, and know that at least something was up. On the other hand, other than speeding, which they couldn't prove she had been doing, they were doing nothing illegal. Hell, she even actually had a concealed carry permit.

On the other hand....

She rolled her bike a bit down the slope, hopefully concealing it from easy sight, but not far enough that saying she was trying to avoid taking up the shoulder or getting hit in a drive-by shooting would be unreasonable. Those were both realistic, what with human-driven vehicles having priority for shoulder use, merging, etc, and the fact that she'd had to get the paintjob on her car redone after it got scratched by bullets a year or so ago, while she was on the shoulder waiting for a tow after a tire had gone flat. She was happy she'd had the body upgraded before that.

Now, hopefully hidden, and dragging Chiro with her, she sat on the slope, quickly inputting a command to make the bike's console give a "check engine" warning as an additional excuse if she needed it.

"Are we going?" Liliath asked curious and nervous well she jumped on each foot
"I have to figure out what's up with my bike first, and I'm keeping clear of the shoulder to avoid being in anyone's way and so they're less apt to bug us about it," she explained.

It was a bit of a lie, there wasn't actually anything wrong, but she knew that, in general, kids were terrible liers, and prone to try doing it by denying the exact details of the truth. Giving her a truth, or "truth" to tell would make things much easier if they all did get seen.

Assuming that the security boys that were presumably in that car didn't just shoot the three of them in the face and make it look like unfortunate gang activity later.

"Okay." then Liliath noticed Seo slowly coming back , Seo started waving to Liliath and Sox. Liliath who was still a little nervous so she didn't wave back
No, no no! Seo's timing could not have been worse. She was way too visible, and was probably going to get seen by her father, who would obviously go and check, and all of this seemed like it was going to go wrong. Maybe he wouldn't notice! She wasn't exactly in the beam of the headlights, and humans, while fairly sharp-eyed, didn't exactly have good vision at night, right? This seemed way too likely to end poorly
((Would you two be willing to slow down some for a day? My character’s not exactly in a position to duck out or have stuff go on around him without his reacting. I’m sorry I haven’t been able to roleplay very much; it’s musical week. I’m sitting in a computer lab with a full face of stage makeup and a pair of buns, plus two pony-tails, to give you an idea of how strange this type of week is.

And yeah, I’m going to try to read to catch up when I get home but I can’t reply yet.))
((Point. We'll wait for you, friend.))
((Hi, sorry for asking you guys to wait. I’m excited to get back into this roleplay now. :) ))
It’s at this moment that Chiro finally pauses to ask himself, What kind of life-threatening mess have I gotten into? He stands, tense, by Sox. His eyes slowly widen as the car draws closer. Every inch of his body tells him to run, but logic reminds him that running will definitely get him shot, and standing still only might end in three unfortunate Animal deaths.
"We're not doing anything illegal right now, so try and stay calm, okay?" Sox says to Chiro, "Yes, it's scary, but showing it just gives them an excuse to assume we are trouble. If they do come to us, just look glum and sad. Tends to be the least hostile looking emotional state."

Seo runned over to the group "Hey kid." Then Seo heared something , the car started to came closer. "We gotta go that's my dad!"
"Since I'm not ditching my bike and I can only take one other person, we're either splitting up or I'm going to talk. Sorry, but that's my side of this," she said, pulling out her phone to call her mechanic. He'd helped her with this kind of 'engine trouble' once or twice before, especially since she paid him anyway.

"Let's just say I've had some practise with.... heated business negotiations," she adds as she brings the phone to her ear.

"Maybe we can talk to my dad ." Liliath sighed , she clearly didn't want to. But Seo's dad already stepped out the car "Goodafternoon Seo , what the hell are you doing here!" he yelled "Dad relaxs !" "There was an Animal in my house !" Liliath started crying "So what , she is a kid." "Liliath come now!" "How do you know her name?"Seo asked shocked
Sox stayed silent for now, leaving a quick word with her mechanic before mostly being concerned with Chiro's well-being. The poor guy looked way outside his comfort zone. That, and nobody was getting hostile with her just yet, and there was no need to make that come any quicker.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » IC thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus