Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What is in a name?

haha everyone has such lovely explanations and I'm here with ey-its-andi...

I don't use this site religiously by any means so I just used the first thing that popped into my head as my username- my own name :)
or rather what everyone's been calling me my entire life!
Joined the site to procrastinate on a bubonic plague paper. Yersinia pestis is the bacteria that causes plague.
JustAGuy

Yersinia wrote:
Joined the site to procrastinate on a bubonic plague paper. Yersinia pestis is the bacteria that causes plague.

This is my favourite one so far XD
Mine is probably blatantly obvious, particularly for anyone who knows me or has rp'd with me. Voldarians are an original race of mine I had the idea for when I was a teenager. I never really did anything with the idea until about 3ish years ago when I began putting them together. Over time I've created an entire universe based on them as the first stepping stone. Alas through it all my first a foremost love will always be my Voldarians. My name is representative of them and their Empire.
Lune is moon in French! I was on a FFXV kick at the time and wanted something similar to Luna.
After years of having 'Oniguro' as my username on a previous site (Gaiaonline) i decided that it actually kinda fit me. What better words to use together than my two favorite things? Demons and gore. Oniguro made it sound less harsh and more cute however<:
My step-dad is hella British so he omits the "h" sound from certain "h" words.

Hair becomes air, hell becomes ell, and hemorrhoids becomes...well, you get it.

He says it's because I've always been a pain in the ass. LOL.

It's a term of endearment, I SWEAR XD
Mr_Stick Topic Starter

emroidz wrote:
My step-dad is hella British so he omits the "h" sound from certain "h" words.

Hair becomes air, hell becomes ell, and hemorrhoids becomes...well, you get it.

He says it's because I've always been a pain in the ass. LOL.

It's a term of endearment, I SWEAR XD

OMG THIS IS THE BEST ONE HANDS DOWN! XD
Got really annoyed by how almost every name I try and used was taken, so I gave up and went to use names of lesser-known Greek deities such as Auxo or Ekecheiria.
Later on, tired of always spelling Ekecheiria wrong, I just randomly typed without looking. After tidying up the letters, this name was born. It also sounds like something from a fantasy- my favourite genre of books or games.
Now I use it for mostly everything. It is never taken- or, if it is, chances are it's an old account I've lost... It has just become the norm to use.
Basically, this name is gibberish, made from frustration and slamming a keyboard!
As a child, I went by Waterdragon because I loved the water dragons that would run around in our yard.

But it was taken on mainly every site, so it became AquaDragon.

Then I became edgy and boom SINDragon. Though I mainly go by WakeTheSnake nowadays.
Heh... I messed my username up when I joined here. Heidi is my real name.

I usually go by 'Coma' on RP sites (after my longest-played character) or 'Blatidae' / 'Blat' for most other things (Latin for 'Cockroach', but I like it anyway).

Perhaps one day I'll change it on here... but I'm in no real rush to do so. :)
I had this username I used back in my cringe filled youth that was Kuraudo47. It was me blending my love for Cloud Strife with Agent 47. Just a name about video games.

Eventually, I was probably around 13 or so, I wanted a little like artsy title card for my name. So I was messing around and just wrote Legend O'Kura. So, I swapped some letters and made it say Legend Okaru. I went by that for a while, but then I got tired of it being legend because I felt it was cringey.

I used Kuraudo to make it Okaru Audo. Not sure what it means or anything but it's a name. I have thought about changing it because I still sometimes feel it seems cringe.

I've also tried gigapede, which is a centipede to the power of 12, but that's often taken.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What is in a name?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus