Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » â™  Shotguns & Saddles - OOC â™ 

Lol playing it by ear for now so make whoever you prefer since Lanky Eddy will work fine with whoever is around
ooOoOoOooo, i see..... @ Dwarf

and alright, i'm going to tweak it up
So would Eddy still have his knife after entering the bar?
The GM (played by Juls) Topic Starter

Yep
*Rubs hands together* Alrighty let's see if he can pull off some sneaky stuff. Is he's next to Logan correct?

That's how I was envisioning it. Logan across from Meg, so he'd be next to John and Eddy
Lol alright hopefully I did my post right but not used to dnd

You did! :)

Let's try determining initiative. If it ends up feeling too clunky for forum play, we'll ditch it in the future.

So Eddy would get 1 'free' attack to start - if he wants it.

Then go in the order of highest initiative. Which is 1d6 + quickness modifier and can be rolled here for the sake of ease.

Chapter 7 outlines 'Unpleasant Encounters' in the book, but here are the common combat round actions:
  • Do nothing
  • Run or dodge
  • Attack
  • Move then attack
  • Attack then move
  • Draw a weapon
  • Reload
  • Fix a gun jam
  • Recover from a fumble
  • Attempt a attribute check
  • Attempt a miscellaneous action

rolled 1d6 and got 4
Logan & goons initiative

rolled 1d6 and got a natural 2. After the modifier of +1, got 3
Meg's initiative

Not sure if I'm meant to roll initiative too or not and not sure if I'm supposed to wait on other replies before doing Eddy's move lol so I'm just gonna roll here first to be safe

rolled 1d6 and got a natural 2. After the modifier of +1, got 3
Initiative + 1 from Kid

Waldo wrote:
Not sure if I'm meant to roll initiative too or not and not sure if I'm supposed to wait on other replies before doing Eddy's move lol so I'm just gonna roll here first to be safe

If Eddy's planning to attack... go for it! He gets 1 freebie against Logan if you want it.

After that, order will be:

Logan & thugs
Meg
Eddy - I know he tied with Meg, but just giving it to Vampire since she got hers in first. ;-p
John
Percival - Doogie if you get a chance to chime in and roll today, we might put ya higher!
Welp that didn't work out

Waldo wrote:
Welp that didn't work out

It's actually just enough with the extra +2 for a hit. Though not enough to also grab him for a shield in the same round. :) Mr. Logan is incapacitated for this round.

I have to head out for about the next 4 hours.

Vampire, if you happen to be able to get a post in before I get back, you can go before I do. Otherwise, I'll get in a post for the goons later tonight!
Woo Eddy may not be a ninja but he can hit Jul's guy in the jewels... 😋

Ha!

A lot of rolls in that last post.

The attacks would be against your character's defense, which is 10+quickness modifier + level. (So average person will have 10). In case of a tie... the edge goes to the salty characters. (The PCs)

(Sorry Malcom! Didn't mean to beat up your character too bad out of the gate!)

Waldo, Eddy's up again.
Oooohhhh, Meg just squeaks by!
How do you work out hit points?

It goes off your grit modifier.

-1, -2 means 4 HP
0 means 6 HP
+1 means 8 HP

(Can't remember off the top of my head if +2 gives 8 or 10, but I don't think that was applicable to anyone)
Lol woo Eddy's crushin it after getting his nose crushed!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » â™  Shotguns & Saddles - OOC â™ 

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus