Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » RPR t-shirts!

Kim Site Admin

I'm on the brink of ordering these shirts! Please fill out this quick survey to help me understand what sizes and styles to get.

Looks like we're going to go with logo only, white ink on dark chocolate shirts. They're super snazzy.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out whether it would make sense for me to offer RP Repository shirts in our store! I'm looking at a few different places in town that do really beautiful work on small runs (under 500 in an order). But to get an accurate sense of what I would need to charge and how many I should order, I'd like to ask you the following questions:

WOULD YOU PURCHASE AN RPR T-SHIRT?

What size would you order? (extra small, small, medium, large, extra large, X2, X3, X4)

Would you prefer one with the 2013 genre jumble on it (the picture from the homepage -- very soon to be updated with this year's art!) OR one with the new logo that is under development? I realize you are just guessing since both are yet to be finalized, but that's okay!

Would you order a regular t-shirt or a fitted women's T?

If only a unisex T were available, would that change whether you wanted it?

How much would you pay for an RPR t-shirt?
I would definitely buy a shirt with the logo on it for wear during weekends when I am not required to be in full magister regalia. Regular, and probably a large.

I do not rightly know what the usual going price is for tees, but I am too lazy to check a website, and guess it is around 18-22 USD. I would surely be down with anything within that price range! (I would also be double-down with the possibility of sleeved shirts, if that is an option.)

I hope you will offer the color purple.
TheLily

If Wizard's creature is on it, I want the jumble! I would like one. If it's unisex (my prefrence) I wear an XL, but if you're going to do women's shirts, well, honestly I can't fit in them properly. I have no idea how much I would pay, though.
I'd love one with a logo. I'm a bit of a minimalist. Less is more, elegance in simplicity, that sort of thing. One of those logos would look very snazzy on a white or black t-shirt, I think.

For the price that Wizard mentioned, 18-22 USD, I would want a fitted women's T (large, I guess, although I'm not sure how large 'large' is in the US). I wouldn't pay that much for a regular formless t-shirt that I couldn't wear except at the gym or as a pyjama, especially since there'll probably be a lot of shipping costs involved for me already, being in Europe.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Those sound like fair concerns, Ethelle! :)

It's likely that the t-shirts will end up a deep brown, sort of chocolate color. Those tend to look better with most human skin tones than pure black, and will suit our colors as well. :)
I would love to buy a RPR shirt :) I'd prefer a womens cut option but I know I'd need a 2x in that :/ Also either would be awesome I am sure. Though on the brown some of the drawings may not look so good?

TornBySanity wrote:
I would love to buy a RPR shirt :) I'd prefer a womens cut option but I know I'd need a 2x in that :/ Also either would be awesome I am sure. Though on the brown some of the drawings may not look so good?

Don't worry, we will do a lot of testing to make sure everything looks good before selling anything.
I'd probably buy one in a fitted OR normal T style. Medium or, depending on the company's sizing style, Large. Naturally, I'd like one of the logo AND one of the front page art, but I understand the budget restrictions. I have a preference for the front page art, as that is uniquely representative of RPR members whereas the logo is not.

Alternatively, you could print a shirt with the art on the front and the logo on the back (or vice versa).

As far as pricing, just don't try selling it for $30.00 and I'll be happy.

P.S. It's cool of you to actually ask people their opinions on this. Not only is it smart from a business standpoint, but it's kind as well.

AgentMoore wrote:
Alternatively, you could print a shirt with the art on the front and the logo on the back (or vice versa).

This would actually up the price significantly because a human would have to put the shirts back into the screen print machine, on the other side.
AgentMoore wrote:
P.S. It's cool of you to actually ask people their opinions on this. Not only is it smart from a business standpoint, but it's kind as well.

Thanks! :)
Giving my input even though I am getting one :3

YES RPR T-SHIRTS AVAILABLE TO BE BOUGHT, yesssssssssss

Honestly, it depends on the art jumble. A couple of the entries I would not want on my shirt when I walk around (due to nature, not quality xD).

I would take either fitted or unisex, it doesn't matter to me. As long as sizes are available, since I'm probably a small. xD

As for paying...I can't see myself paying more than 10-15 USD for a t-shirt, I really can't. It's a piece of clothing, which I already have a lot of. And I'm a poor college student. xD But yeah. I understand it may have to be more expensive because of printing costs, but that's just my ballpark price I'd throw at ya :)
No matter what I can't wait to see them! <3 This is a fantastic idea Kim. Show off some RPR pride :)
Sanne Moderator

I would purchase a shirt TOTALLY.

Depending on the company, I'd be an L or XL for a unisex shirt. I would really like to own shirts with the logo and the jumble (even if that means buying multiples), although the jumble has my preference. :) I'd be willing to dish out between $15 to $25 for one!
Oh, I'd love a logo one! I usually take a 2X but since I'm a freaking giant and my torso is long, I need a 3X unisex for length, (then I can just take it in XD ) $20-25 for a t-shirt. $30-40 for a hoodie (if we got so lucky :3 )
I probably wouldn't buy one, unless the shipping to Europe would be very cheap.

That said, I'd be more likely to buy it if it was actually wearable, i.e. fitted women's T. I probably wouldn't buy an unisex one no matter what, I have tons of those and I only wear them at home or for sports.
I would buy one. Men and women's sizes would be awesome, however I'd wear unisex sizes too.

As for a logo simple is good, in my preference anyway.
Goat

If shipping were not a concern (I am in Africa) I would be interested, but I think in my case it'd cost as much as the shirt itself. Medium or large fitted women's tee depending on sizing. If it is only unisex I would not be interested at all - I am not a T-Shirt wearer in general and they are just too baggy and unflattering unless its in a babydoll cut. Not sure if I'm keen on the deep brown color though and would prefer black if those were the only available options. As for design - I think this year's mascots would be great no matter what they are!
Yuka

I'd get a fitted women's Tee, and I prefer the first icon.
I'd probably prefer black, so far as colour goes.

$30?
Ilmarinen Moderator

I'd get a unisex size L, pay 18-22 USD as has been said, and would probably prefer the logo! It would be awesome if the shirt were dark brown with a white design since those are the colors I associate with RPR. :3
Ohhh, shirts would be a great idea~

I don't mind if it's men's or women's. For men's shirts I usually buy a medium for some wiggle room, and a large in women's for the same reason!

As for color I'm not really picky. I usually prefer BRIGHT colors, though! But black is nice, too!
Mens 3x likely, and the first icon with the shield between RP Repository, id pay around 20 for it. and umm white or black

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » RPR t-shirts!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus