Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Lemonmay (played by Clumsylemon)

After a long hot shower Lemon looked at herself in the mirror she touched the cut on her face pondering over Yuri’s concern that it might scare. She slowly touched it causing a ripple of pain. Part of Lemon wanted it to scare just so she would stop being looked at like a fragile porcelain doll.
Lemon’s heartbeat was still a bit fast and she took another long breath. Part of Lemon the dark part had loved holding that gun and shooting those men today. The adrenalin she felt was like a drug to her this is the real reason she loved the family business. But this ruthless blood-hungry side also scared her for if she didn't keep it in check she feared she would lose Yuri or worse. She quickly shook the thoughts from her head and threw on some tight jeans and just a plain white t-shirt that hit her small frame in all the right places. Lemon didn't even bother with things like makeup. Lemon just let her damp golden hair fall down her back and occurred her face with a baseball cap and large sunglasses.
Lemon eventually met Yuri at a large black SUV that even to the untrained eye looked like the fortified one that many politicians or presidents use. She slowly held her hand out waiting for Yuri to take it but she didn't say a word and she couldn't bring herself to look at him. The cut on her face now covered with a bandage still stuck out a bit at the top.
Yuri Satomura (played by Murkysoulwaters) Topic Starter

Yuri didn't bother with a shower, just throwing cold water on his face and breathing in deep. The cool streams left his skin shimmering, his hair damp and uncomfortable against his forehead. Jesus. What the hell was he doing. "Time to man up, Yuri!" He gave his cheek a little slap then spun away to the door. He really wasn't bothered by this. Just...dealing with the after effects of his adrenaline rush. After a few minutes, he would be fine.

By the time Lemon returned, he was by the SUV, ready. However, the sight of Lemon still left him hesitating. "Are you okay?" he asked as he took her hand. A quick glance showed him the bandage, leaving a quick smile on his face. "You took my advice."

A soft smile crossed her face as she reached out to hold yuri's hand "Of course I always listen to it" she squeezed his hand a bit to reassure him how important he was to her because she couldn't quite find the words. After a few moments of quiet Lemon crossed her legs and shifted in her seat to better face Yuri. "this hit was odd...those men were German, I heard of a new family trying to grab a seat at the big table" she typed her fingers on her knee "But. no one messes our family its like rule one of the accords, unless" her words trailed off and her eyes flicked back and forth like she was solving a problem. She thought back to her Auntie and the first time she met Yuri's mom and then the stories her auntie told her about her reckless younger half-sister, they were stories used as warnings and not happy family memories her auntie want to share. "Yuri, your mother, she is or there is ...European in her , you said she hates you what if, you look like ... and not ..." Lemon lets the though and words trail off. She had a bad habit of never finishing a thought out loud always skipping words and leaving things half asked. She also didn't know how to form her next question without upsetting Yuri.

Yuri shook his head, unable to fully understand what Lemon was trying to ask. One thing was clear though. "I guess...it's about time I told you the full story of my family. I keep hinting at it but..." At this point, it was far more than just his personal history. And, this time with Yuri's family had helped him put it all in perspective, helped fill in all the blanks he could only speculate about before. His current mother had never been forthcoming with stories about herself, but at least he could shed some light on the one family member he did know about.

With one last deep breath, Yuri tilted his head back against the seat and closed his eyes. "My father, as you could guess by my surname, is Japanese. However, he spent a great deal of time in Russia where he met my mother...my birth mother. They were in love, but I guess love isn't perfect. I've been trying to figure that out all this time--how a pair who love each other with all their hearts can still clash so terribly when it comes to living together. My birth mother couldn't bear with the responsibility of a family. My father couldn't deal without it so I guess it isn't surprising that he married someone with a practical outlook on life and dreams of a big family. I guess I should have known that family was something else entirely." Yuri shook his head.

"That woman has always said that she was born in Japan. It was what drew my father to her, but now I know she's your aunt's half-sister? Which of those facts is the lie?" And why lie in the first place? "I've always wondered why my parents got together and if my father knew about this world or if she married him for the money and leverage it could get her. As to what her goal is now..." Yuri shivered. "That might be something best to ask your aunt. There are too many incongruities in the story."

Lemon leaned back a bit "That's the problem in this world, our world, we are all expert liers" she slowly rubs her eyes a bit. "we can't even trust those we call family" she sighs a bit "none of my aunt's stories make much sense but uncle bill loved her and no one asked." she slowly shrugs "do you know the Aizukotetsu-ka family out of Kyoto?" she waves her hand knowing he probably didn't and proceeds to lean down to her Gucci tote and pulls out a large file with Yuri's picture on it. She hastily almost borer line frantically pulls out the first page which is Yuri's birth certificate "Look your stepmother's name" she points to the name "but look closer at the witness signature," she pulls out another paper, it is his father and current mothers marriage certificate dated a year before Yuri was born and again signed by the same witness "That' name is the second of the Aizukotetsu-ka family, and what you're telling me all of these documents have been forged by him to cover up your father's relations with your real mother." Lemon hands Yuri the folder "I never read this read beyond this if that's what you are wondering, " The car pulls to a halt at the airport and the door is opened by two heavily armed guards who quickly move them onto the plane.

Lemon lets the quietness hang in the air until she finally sits down and buckles up for takeoff "Why hide your real mother if she was just some Russian girl" Lemon looks over at Yuri and the file he now held waiting for him to say something. She didn't let him say a word just let it all come out in a rush.

At this point. Yuri wasn't surprised to see Lemon with such intimate information about himself. Instead, he just looked at the documents with an almost detached air. Interested, but as if the information pertained to someone other than him. And yet, he couldn't find it in himself to feel shocked. "This is all so strange but at this point, nothing about my family surprises me. My father, my mother, my step-mother. None of them are the person I thought they were..."

Sitting down across from Lemon again once they boarded they plane, he rubbed a hand over his face. He still held the file in front of him, though he also didn't make an effort to read through the rest of it. Maybe...maybe he should though. Who knew what surprises lay in there. "It's strange because all of my memories of my mother are so ordinary. But, I was a child then. Would I have even noticed if there was a story more than what I had been told? I want to find the truth." Yuri hesitated another second. "My mother's name was...Anya. I don't know her maiden name though, so I don't know if that helps.

Lemon seemed a bit distant as she shrugged then looked out the window take-offs always made her a tad nervous and she clenched her seat a bit tighter. Finally, as the plane started to level Lemon exhaled and responded "Maybe we will talk to the Burces when we land before we meet you step-mother" Lemon became quite again for a few moments before quickly standing and closing the distance between her and yuri she climbed in his lap almost like a child. She wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his shoulder. She pushed his hand away causing the folder to fall. Lemon held on tight before in a small whisper she said: "Hey Yuri if you had to who would you choose? me or your family if you had to?" she knew it was selfish to put Yuri in a position like this and then as him such a question. She just wanted someone to chose her for her just once maybe it was her tragic romantic side. Maybe that's why she walked into that club room she just wanted someone to care about her and not want to use her.

(This rp is almost a year old!!!!!)

((Awesome! Almost exactly one month from now~))

"Alright," Yuri murmured before he too let his gaze fall to the clouds outside. As thick as they were, it gave him the strange sense that they'd become invisible. If they stayed in the clouds forever, would the worries down below never reach them? it was a foolish dream, though, and it ended when Lemon plopped herself into his lap.

"I...what?" He leaned back to give himself some space, but still wrapped one hand around Lemon's waist to steady her. However, the question she asked left him tensing up all over again. Why did she ask such a thing? Just what did Lemon expect to come when they went to meet his step-mother? Yuri dropped his gaze, also resting his head on Lemon's shoulder. "That's an unfair thing to ask. If it's my parents, you know I'm finding it easier every day to turn my back. I care for my father but what about my younger siblings? I can't...they were my everything until I met you! I would kill, maybe even die for you, Lemon! But I need to keep my brother and sister safe! Promise me I can still do that."

Lemon felt the heat of Yuri’s hand on her waist and it gave her all the reassurance she needed. “We could send some Bruce’s to Gaurd your sibling given where they go to school it wouldn’t be out of the Normal, think about it” lemon gives Yuri a quick kiss before standing back up and moving to another seat with a book. She ended the conversation there to let Yuri stew over it.

Finally as the plane started its decent Lemon smiled at Yuri.

Lemon felt the heat of Yuri’s hand on her waist and it gave her all the reassurance she needed. “We could send some Bruce’s to Gaurd your sibling given where they go to school it wouldn’t be out of the Normal, think about it” lemon gives Yuri a quick kiss before standing back up and moving to another seat with a book. She ended the conversation there to let Yuri stew over it.

Finally as the plane started its decent Lemon smiled at Yuri.

Yuri nodded back, unable to form any words. At least Lemon hadn't insisted upon him really choosing a side. She wasn't cruel though, despite her profession. It was what made Yuri so willing to drop everything he once had to follow her. "You should put on your seat belt," he murmured as he pushed Lemon back toward her seat. The light had come on overhead as the altitude dropped, leaving Yuri smoothing his mask back into place. "Will my step-mother really be there waiting for us?" His gaze went hard beneath his glasses. "She better have an explanation for all this."
Hinako Yokota (played by spookysoup)

Hinako passed by the classroom on her way to practice. She was late, since she stayed after to ask the teacher some questions about the chemistry homework she had assigned that day. Her gym bag swang from side to side when she started to mumble "I'm the president, I can't be late to Wednesday practice!" She cursed. Upon darting down the hallway, cursing to herself repeatedly, she noticed a door with a sign. "Hm?" She hummed as she took a second to stop, almost passing the door completely. "The Rose Affiliation?" she muttered, her face twisting in confusion. Hinako's natural curiosity got the better of her. She slowy opened the door and peeked inside to see if anyone was in there, and surprisingly there was only one person. A boy about her age, sitting there playing with his pen. "Uh..." She whispered at herself as she peered in as secretively as she could from outside the door.
Neiko Varda (played by Murkysoulwaters) Topic Starter

However, it wasn't the person who placed the sign on the classroom's door that sat at the desk. It was perhaps silly that Neiko had taken to loitering in The Rose Affiliation's room, especially since neither he nor Yuri had managed to make the club anything resembling popular. The fact that Neiko was sitting here now was just him...babysitting in the other boy's absence.

Twirling his pen in absent circles over form printed from some dating app, he didn't notice that the door had opened until some seconds later. When he did, it nearly gave him a heart attack. "Ah!" Neiko snapped up straight in his chair, blonde hair scattering in a mess around his forehead. "Excuse me? Can I help you or are you perhaps looking for...Yuri or Lemon..." He winced at the mention of the other two. Why didn't he get to go on an adventure too?! They hadn't even officially made him a member of the club even if he was the one doing the actual work now!

Hinako jumped when the boy noticed her and yelped at her. She opened the door awkwardly with a chuckle. Tucking a hair from her bangs behind her ear sheepishly and a shy smile, which shyness was unlike her; however, she did just spy on a stranger like a total creep.

“Oh, uh...” she creeped the door open. “I was just curious... sorry to startle you so bad,” she crept into the room slowly. “I never knew there was a club here. What kind of club is this anyways? Doesn’t seem like it’s got many members...” she added. She rubbed the back of her neck and breaking contact with the boy, a bit of a rosy tint painting her cheeks. “Are you the club president?”

Neiko groaned, throwing his head back with a dramatic, pleading look to the ceiling. "I might as well be the president but what's the point of it when I'm the only club member! Yuri's actually the president and Lemon's the other member but they haven't been at school in a week. My research says they're hiding out at some mafia retreat somewhere?" Okay, he couldn't exactly follow where they went but he had an eye for stories so he'd done his best.

Flopping forward again, Neiko balanced his chin on the back of his hand. "What about you though? Poking your head into strange clubs obviously associated with love and then blushing like that? You're going to make a boy like me interested! Ah, unless you're going to tell me to go away too."

Hinako scoffed as he complained, and held back laughter as hard as she could. She found it funny how open he was being to a complete stranger, and especially trying not to laugh at her own embarrassment. “Hah-I’m sorry, I thought you were freaked out by me just staring into your club room,” Her laughter subsided as she wiped a tear from her eye. “I just thought this was some sort of flower club, since it said affiliation. Or maybe some sort of gardening club,” Her smile shone through as she took a deep breath. “I didn’t even know romance clubs were a thing honestly, I’m the president of the Martial Arts club so it’s hard for me to even notice anything that’s not a sports club,” Hinako pushed some hair behind her ear, and fixed her ponytail, making it tighter on the back of her head. She stared at the fluffy haired boy, examining from head to toe. His eyes were a beautiful golden hazel, she was so envious. He was probably adored by the other students for his good looks, no wonder he joined a romance club.

Neiko chuckled back before he swept out of his seat and grabbed hold of the girl's hand, bowing and giving the back of it a kiss. "That's right. If you've got questions or worries about love, we're the club to ask! I can even help you find a boyfriend. Or girlfriend?" He tilted his head, trying to scrutinize the girl who seemed to be far more of a cool type than a girly one. Not that it really mattered to him. Love was love. He was hardly in a position to criticize when he himself fell for any and every type of person. Not that it did him any favors...

Pulling back, Neiko picked at the flaky remains of his holo nail polish, trying to look coy rather than just awkward. "I'm Neiko by the way. And single. Yes, very single. You?"

Hinako's face opened up in surprised and shock as the stranger kissed the back of her hand. Her face turning a deep red. She's never had someone come to her like this before, so it was shocking and awkward. She was more of a tomboy, and most guys liked girls who were into delicate frilly things, more than someone that spends their time beating up other people for fun, so guys never really looked at her as a girl. Most people saw her as a guy, despite her long hair, eyelashes and feminine features. Her posture and body language shifted from confident and cool, to shy and withdrawn. "I-I-Is that so..." she awkwardly stuttered at the information that she learned from the blonde, her other hand now covering the lower half of her face out of pure instinct. She was acting like a total dork in front of this cute guy, man today was not her day for some reason. She adjusted her posture to be more confident, throwing her hands behind her back, but averting her gaze to the floor. Hinako was afraid that if she looked into his golden eyes, she would melt into awkwardness and shyness all over again. "My name is Hinako. H-Hinkao Yokota. Also single... if we're sharing that information openly," She stuttered, trying to be more confident again.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Rose Affiliation

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus