Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Lab (IC)

Quetzalli hummed slightly as she gently held onto her hand “No, I-I’m blind....” She admitted a little sheepishly, “Sorry, I’m Quetzalli.”
She sighs. "I think society seems us unworthy of being out in the real world." She smiles as she gently takes the bar on her other hand. "Thank you for sharing this with me."
"What if we would run away with everybody then we could go back home, maybe Karl could help us."
"Well you can stick with us! Or stay close to me and Liliath here can help too if she wants." She smiles.
She smiled back, “Thank you!” Looking in the direction of the other voice she kept her soft smile “I-Its nice to meet you two.”
"Maybe I will help, but I don't you yet."
"The pleasure is all mine." She smiles. "Are you hungry or anything?"
“A-A little.” Quetzalli smiled, “Is there a way out of the cell?” She could guess she was in a cell from the bars
Stephen Webb (played by Spoopeth)

((I'm just going to chuck this guy in here.))

He was in his cell pacing back and forth as his extra appendages clacked along, hitting the ground in unison with his feet.
Genesis (played by Caliburn)

((Replying to Jules and Quetzalli))

As Jules and Quetzalli are talking, panels in the roof of the ceiling seem to reconfigure themselves to allow a screen to descend. It flickers on and a figure (much like the profile picture) appears onscreen.

“Greetings,” it says in a strangely smooth, male voice (think of a male GLaDOS), “I am Dominus, Sector 87-B Systems AI Number One. I have only recently been activated for the automation of many of the facilities mundane duties, and, therefore, have not had the time to inform others of my presence. I believe it is customary to greet the persons I will be working alongside with?”
Venom (played by BondJamesBond)

‘Robot! Wait.... he can’t hear me, he has no mind, only noise receptors. Aww’
Quetzalli seemed confused as she heard the voice and tried to figure out where the voice was coming from. She listened curiously, “U-Um, I’m Quetzalli..... nice to meet you Mr Dominus.....”

Talking to Jules, she asked, “What’s a ‘System AI’....?” Not having much access to technology in her lifetime, she didn’t even know what a phone was.

He collapsed onto his cot, his 'legs' pulling him off the cot, leaving him hovering over the cot as he slept, the virus that had infected him having a mind of it's own, the symbiotic intelligence also falling asleep as he did, the limbs locking in place.
Quetzalli Bloodsworth wrote:
“A-A little.” Quetzalli smiled, “Is there a way out of the cell?” She could guess she was in a cell from the bars

"No, but usually I manag to break out." Lilaith noticed the robot "You won't work with us, you work with Karl and Clyde are you a real robot?"
"I believe it is a type of robot." She smiles and looks at him. "Its nice to meet you. I am Jules." She smiles and holds out her free hand
"I just burn my bars if I want out but yours seem to be open." She says but she burned the bars down so she could get to her.
Clyde Loewner (played by MangoNekros) Topic Starter

Some guards smiled. "Ah, the AI is online. Hopefully, it can help out" said Clyde while he was about to fit Karl with his new arm
Genesis (played by Caliburn)

Dominus seemed bemused by the variety of reactions his greeting elicited.

"To answer your questions in order," the screen turned to face Venom, "Specimen ID A-006 (I'm totally guessing here, if I'm wrong, please correct me OOC), also known as, Venom, I do have telepathic receptors as well as audio receptors. Designed specifically for you if my memory banks have not suffered critical damage."

He turns to Quetzalli, "Specimen ID A-013, also known as, Quetzalli. AI stands for artificial intelligence, meaning that I have intelligence similar to the natural intelligence of humans. I am called a Systems AI because I am a core part of the infrastructure of the facility," He pauses for a second. "I have found a notation in your file indicating that you do not have the ability to see. As per my duties, I offer my assistance to you if you require as a visual aid."

He turns to Liliath next, "Specimen ID A-007, also known as, Liliath. I use the term "work" loosely. I am a data acquirer for the scientists, a defense core for Clyde, and a jack of all trades janitor of sorts. I will be helping to run tests on specimens in Sector 87-B, in addition to my other duties. I also will be available to help subjects as long as their requests remain within the legality of the facility. And to answer your question, my Central Processing Unit is in a secure location inside the facility, so I use screens such as these or robots such as the one you see here to communicate with others. I can change my appearance to a more human looking one if you prefer."

He finally turns to Jules. "Specimen ID A-004, also known as, Jules. It is good to meet you too." A robotic hand extends from the ceiling and shakes Jules's hands.

He notices Clyde, "Hello, sir. All systems are functioning and operational. Current orders?'
Karl Jiang (played by Spoopeth)

He was surprised by the introduction of the AI, but shrugged and accepted it.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Lab (IC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus