Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » A New Home (OOC)

I'm okay with waiting for you, but if it's going to be a week or two I might need a small prodding reminded once we kick back up again :) if I seem to overlook things just shoot me a message and I'll get back on track
Life happens!
Naga (played by Serpentina_Winter)

"the new home is so quiet"
iltheyn wrote:
It might take me a while to post again as this week and next week have become unexpectedly busy for me. I have to cover several shifts for someone at work who's dealing with a family emergency.

I shall wait for your return iltheyn
Naga wrote:
"the new home is so quiet"

This is because most of us are involved in a scene with Iltheyn currently and he is needing a break to deal with real life affairs. Out of respect we are waiting for him to post as he is the most sensible person in our scene to post. Once he returns I'm sure this will liven back up, I know I'll still be around when it does. :)

"nice, my character has not been used much so i am just interacting with everyone i can for a bit, once he takes notice i am sure a lot shall change"
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Ok so I found some time to actually read the new posts on the thread and I just wanted to say...

There are definitely too many people gathered in one place for coincidence. It makes me want to say that they're all gathering in this spot for a good reason, even if they don't realize it. Which brings me back to the whole great war concept (If I'm not misremembering?)

That said, I'm also not sure how many people are still with us here. I know I had someone waiting to post before a few others went ahead and did, so if they're still interested I may just tell them to go ahead and post. I still need to post too, though.

Also, I may be able to post tomorrow, but if I can't... well... it may be even longer before I get another opportunity to do so. Predictably, the emergency has left quite a few empty shifts, and though I was supposed to be part time I'm now basically working full time hours. Trying to maintain others' work without much training with it has been pretty exhausting, but I should be out of this spot in a few weeks.

Might be too long for this rp to survive, though. I want to hear what you guys have to say. I don't want to keep you guys hanging if I can't get away from this. This might be something I have to do until the end of the year if all doesn't go well.
I’m in favor of something behind the scenes going on that the characters are unaware of or only partially aware of. A war, a plague, some kind of magical event that makes people act oddly or not remember something, random people turning to stone, are a few suggestions on the top of my head.

I am willing to wait for posts. I can’t say I will keep my inspiration if it’s consistently taking a month for things to happen in the rp, but I’m cool with waiting a week or so when it comes to posts.
I'm still here too :)

I believe it was me and possibly Janella who were waiting for your post? I know I was certainly, but as for going ahead without you....Isabella responded to Dorian with a rather direct question as well as digging through one of her bags for coin to pay him, so posting a follow up without someone else interrupting Isabella (verbally or physically) would pose the problem of what to suddenly do with her.

That being said I don't mind waiting either, I'm kind of the same as Janella said where if months go by the inspiration may fade but if its going to be a single moment of time (and not like repetitively month(s) between posts) I can survive until January if it really does become that late.

As for the rp itself, I couldn't agree more that too many people are gathered in one place for coincidence, and I feel a couple players were stalling on joining to avoid making that worse. A magical draw of some kind would certainly work on that undead dog of Isabella's though, so some kind of subtle reason they aren't aware of is definately doable. Honestly Isabella is only 9 anyway, so it stands to reason she could be pulled onto something without really knowing what it was also.

Perhaps the pedestal Dorian mistakenly summoned that demon girl (forgot the name) with could have something to do with why they were brought here?

"i apologize for making my appearance so sudden"
Can't believe I didn't think of the pedestal being a reason that people might be drawn to or exploring in the area.

It happens, Naga. I've been guilty of jumping in or complicating things at times, it's easy to get carried away in rp.
Finally made my very first post... to give Iltheyn some time to return, keep the story going a little and give characters the opportunity to come/go from the scene :)
Not sure if I should wait or go ahead and post back to keep things going. Has Pentre stumbled upon Janella or are they more or less traveling apart? I dunno if they'd travel together but they might travel in the same direction and separately, cause they got a history where they hate each other and only band together if they need to, or if Janella's being a double agent yet again.
If you go now I'm willing to make some posts regarding the newcomer as well if you guys would like to mix up the scene while iltheyn is away, of course if you prefer to just do a scene between the two of you while we wait I'm still fine with waiting, just tossing the thought out there for consideration :)
anon (played anonymously)

The side plot that Pentre is bringing along is that he is chasing a couple fugitives....

One of them is a selfish, rich, evil necromancer Alistair.

He is the one summoning and trapping demons in unusual places much like the pedestal

He is being hunted because the king wants to misuse his powers to raise an army of undead folks and sweep all the lands

Pentre has been sent to hunt him down and bring him back to the king, or kill him, if he refuses
The other guy on the run is this most powerful warlock/dragonlord, who, as usual, lays low and has a low profile being just another castle servant.

Behind the scenes his aim is to stop Alistair mingling with dark magic and dark beings and strip him away from any power/magic altogether for having misused it in the first place.

The reason he is being hunted down is not because of his powers (which few or none know about it) but because he is a servant at the castle who refused to follow orders.

The king wanted him to poison the visiting royals and win a war before it began. But Taff is too righteous to kill (at least the druid side of him tends to heal and protect life) so now he is a hunted down traitor who defied king's orders by failing to poison the enemy royals/ambassadors/emissaries

He ran to the forest seeking shelter and tracking down Alistair's footsteps in the process.
His neck is also on the chopping block
Janella Silentread wrote:
Not sure if I should wait or go ahead and post back to keep things going. Has Pentre stumbled upon Janella or are they more or less traveling apart? I dunno if they'd travel together but they might travel in the same direction and separately, cause they got a history where they hate each other and only band together if they need to, or if Janella's being a double agent yet again.

It is absolutely true that they hate each other and are at each other's throats but they do strike a temporary peace when they are in need of each other

Janella has been let off the hook / gallows / dungeons by Pentre (on occasion) in return for services.

Pentre was chasing Taff and Alistair who were spotted heading into this forest at the border.

He also knows that Janella often lurks/hides here in the dense wilderness so is making the assumption he would find her by calling her out.

They would not have travelled together, rather he is specifically seeking her out to contract her services as a spy and a tracker, having lost Alistair-Taff trail

Bear in mind that Alistair is a lord, and wealthy and likes to flaunt it and sees Taff as a mere servant / second class healer's helper so bosses him around often without even suspecting the lad's true importance or amount of magic.

Since Taff is the greater of the two, he can conceal his magic so it is not seen or known. Other beings like demons may see or sense his real power-importance
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
If you go now I'm willing to make some posts regarding the newcomer as well if you guys would like to mix up the scene while iltheyn is away, of course if you prefer to just do a scene between the two of you while we wait I'm still fine with waiting, just tossing the thought out there for consideration :)

I totally agree, it will take the pressure off Iltheyn for a while without letting the RP drop dead, at least till he can rejoin more actively.

Besides my 2 magic fugitives.... Pentre is bringing a variety of warriors with him.

Righteous knights, sly rogues, brutish thugs... he takes on any swords for hire of no morals whatsoever and the highest trained most righteous knights and most dutiful guards too.

Feel free to take a look at my 50+ characters and a pick your choice of who your character wishes to interact with come over here OOC and let me know

Note: Pentre does not travel or liaise with women (except Janella on a no other choice left, needs must basis) so women warriors from my list can be picked but they would likely be running away from Pentre, or villagers that ventured into the forest, or a member of a forest tribe coming to look at the ruccus-defend their lands
I like the character additions, Altair in particular strikes me as one possible way Isabella could grow up towards in fact. I would be eager to see how this all plays out personally.

Is his dark powers forbidden in the kingdom pursuing him? If someone else was caught doing similar things (like raising undead dogs) would they be punished by this kings law, or is it simply a type of ability the king wishes to harness only?
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Is his dark powers forbidden in the kingdom pursuing him?

FYI... My usual tendency, in other similar settings, is that all magic is forbidden in the human realms my kings or rulers comamnd upon and it is punished with slavery or death if anyone is caught practicing it.

Those mages deemed not good enough are burnt at stake in a grand gruesome display to serve as an example for all to see, and deter people from using magic or amulets.

Behind the scenes, secretly, those mages found to have extraordinary powers, they are quietly captured and kept at the dungeons in isolation and constant watch, they are also enslaved using magic collars called Radahans, so the king can harness their power, controlling their magic and freedom to suit his plans.

If these mages break down and chose to serve him willingly, he lets them out and gives them lordly positions, a place of honour in the royal courts and uses them as advisors (like Alistair was until now) However, this doesn't necessarily need to apply in this RP
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
If someone else was caught doing similar things (like raising undead dogs) would they be punished by this kings law, or is it simply a type of ability the king wishes to harness only?

I don't mind either way so it is your choice entirely since either way works well IC wise

If unsure... toss a 1d2 and let the outcome decide

1 - be punished by this king's law [Pentre's favourite because it gives him the right to kill without qualms so the upper hand of the game]

2 - a type of ability the king wishes to harness only [Pentre would have to tread carefully to not have them killed, so if he cannot bring back Alistair, he would bring back the girl who can do the same thing]

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » A New Home (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus