Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » A New Home (OOC)

Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Hey, this rp looks interesting! I was wondering if it was ok if I joined? All of my characters have human and fantasy versions of themselves so I can make them human for the rp and more accustomed to the setting, or maybe minor uses of magic. Whichever is preferred! :)

I was thinking of joining with this character, Nightfrost and make her somewhat of a ranger/explorer. For example, she is an artist, but her main job is exploring ruins for people and finding artifacts/treasure. If that's ok of course.

I can safely say, based on several previous RPs with this writer, that Iltheyn is a very welcoming OP.

I am sure he will be glad to have you onboard as I am

He placed the scene in a vague small village and nearby forest so you can bring in any characters you like.

Both versions human and fantasy are equally welcomed and fit in well in the story.

We have other dragons in this story, like Naga, so you can keep your character as is and not feel forced to make changes if you don't wish to.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
If you feel that fits the setting more I say go with it. Most of my characters magics are the result of spoken spells (outside of her own kind of 'transformation'). She can cast a few things without the book from memory but I like the whole need for a thing to cast rather than simply tossing fireballs out randomly for no reason myself. Most times anyway ;)

That's cool! :) It's interesting to see how everyone makes their magic systems, and how when rping they all come together to make a new one. I think I'm going to make my character a human (Maybe with draconic heritage to explain the magic) and have it be through her art. For example, painting something or making a ring and it becomes enchanted.
Tusitala2017 wrote:
Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Hey, this rp looks interesting! I was wondering if it was ok if I joined? All of my characters have human and fantasy versions of themselves so I can make them human for the rp and more accustomed to the setting, or maybe minor uses of magic. Whichever is preferred! :)

I was thinking of joining with this character, Nightfrost and make her somewhat of a ranger/explorer. For example, she is an artist, but her main job is exploring ruins for people and finding artifacts/treasure. If that's ok of course.

I can safely say, based on several previous RPs with this writer, that Iltheyn is a very welcoming OP.

I am sure he will be glad to have you onboard as I am

He placed the scene in a vague small village and nearby forest so you can bring in any characters you like.

Both versions human and fantasy are equally welcomed and fit in well in the story.

We have other dragons in this story, like Naga, so you can keep your character as is and not feel forced to make changes if you don't wish to.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here

Thank you! :) I think I'll make my character human with some dragon bloodlines and add her in!
Well I put in my first post, hopefully it's ok!
Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
If you feel that fits the setting more I say go with it. Most of my characters magics are the result of spoken spells (outside of her own kind of 'transformation'). She can cast a few things without the book from memory but I like the whole need for a thing to cast rather than simply tossing fireballs out randomly for no reason myself. Most times anyway ;)

That's cool! :) It's interesting to see how everyone makes their magic systems, and how when rping they all come together to make a new one. I think I'm going to make my character a human (Maybe with draconic heritage to explain the magic) and have it be through her art. For example, painting something or making a ring and it becomes enchanted.

I love that concept, I feel like there was a book or a movie I saw when I was a kid on a similar line to that. Someone drew things and it would come to life or something XD
Naga (played by Serpentina_Winter)

"i cannot respond, i did not read any proof you are near the rest of us"
@Serpetina_Winter please edit your last post on page 3 and stop godmodding Pentre and assuming things about him
Naga wrote:
"i get no punishment as long as i do it to punish others, and i do no wrongdoings on this land, this land is creatures land, as long as you do no wrong here, you shall survive, but the question is because you seem to scare some of the creatures in this land a lot more than normal humans do, i feel you are untrustworthy" her eyes go between the knight and the other one"i have always had a certain hatred for knights, more than any other creature, i feel knights go right up there with barbarians." her knowledge of what knights do often knows no bounds, nor does her mouth in this case, but she knows she has every right to say this in this land as others in this land have often had an agreement with this,"i do not mind if a knight is truly righteous, anyone can sense that, and any one can sense if it is to kill, not just to kill, but for a good reason, and i can tell you kill just to kill, or your armor and your horse would have no blood on either." she points at the blood on the horse, which was obviously not the horse's blood, she knows a lot about little things, and her hatred for knights brings out a lot of knowledge, which she is having a bit of fun with the knight being so obvious with how he is. "so i shall ask you, how many deaths go to your name?"

There is no blood on him or his well groomed horse.
It would be unthinkable by his impeccably polished strict standards.

Pentre is the lord knight of the realm, in charge of the army, guards and elite warriors, he is the king's right hand man and bears the king's full authority to do and undo as he sees fit. Going about bloody or stained or dirty would be too disrespectful

(he would have his squires and manservants seriously punished for such a sloppy job as daring to leave even a drop of dirt on his clothes)

Secondly he never wears armor. He wears a black leather outfit instead.

Ordinary knights wear metal armour but he doesn't. He is commander who gives orders (more lord, less knight) and usually it is the knights and guards beneath him who do the actual dirty work, carry out the punishment

He is an accomplished torturer and executioner but only does it occasionally, when he feels up to it
Edited my post so I'm closer to you guys! Let me know if I need to change it :)
Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Edited my post so I'm closer to you guys! Let me know if I need to change it :)

Personally I thought your post was fine to begin with. I never felt a need to cram my characters into a scene prematurely either. Tusitala and I had discussed already other scenes elsewhere that just hadn't come up yet (though I did notice those elves still made it up the trees XD)

That being said your edit is fine too, no need to change anything unless you're wanting to. :)
Isabella Cross wrote:
While it was unlikely naga was talking about Isabella, the girl knew witches were usually the first ones burned in any given setting.

This had me in stitches ROFL
Hah I never thought that would actually have any comedic value honestly XD given her recent experiences that this group wouldnt know about, it was easy to figure she would default to this once she heard someone was getting burned.
@Janella

Can I presume your post suggests Isabella was successful in working the Radahan with that spell? (Looked that way but wanted to be sure, also for clarity I was more or less leaving the success rate open ended anyway)
Naga wrote:
her eyes were seen by the half drow and the drow finally recognizes that they are not a normal color of eyes, which is odd for humans to have, but she has no clues which species naga could be still.

This is the second time I have observed Naga's posts assuming other characters actions/thoughts/perceptions. If you're not familiar with what godmodding is there are resources to help educate you on what is wrong with this and why others become upset by it. This article for example can help if this is not a known concept for you.

If you could please stop doing this I am sure everyone would appreciate that please, as all of our characters belong exclusively to us.
Sorry my reply is a little short, I can write more if you guys want me to but I wasn’t sure what to write lol
Crystaldragon126 wrote:
Sorry my reply is a little short, I can write more if you guys want me to but I wasn’t sure what to write lol

Write what you feel :) I thought your post was fine. Janella is gesturing us towards town it seems so anyone headed that direction could encounter your character perhaps?

I'll probably get another post out tonight and Isabella is probably going to be headed that way....as long as Janella doesnt shoo her off XD
Alright! Nightfrost is headed to town so it would make sense but it’s up to you and everyone else if they see her or not lol. I’ll probably have her head to her home and get to work on the artifacts and identifying them, seeing if they’re magic or not. Her little house also has a sign saying it’s the ‘Art and Artifacts store’ which I forgot to mention XD
One way to circumvent dictating what another person’s character might do is to simply mention they have the opportunity. Writing something such as “Naga would come close enough that the half-drow would have the opportunity to notice her eyes were not a human color,” is one suggestion. That way you are dropping a hint to another player without writing about what their character is doing.
Naga (played by Serpentina_Winter)

"ok, should i edit my post with that then?"
Maybe with something similar to that. Just making a suggestion. To prevent awkwardness in the future. 🙂
I thought it might be good to start moving the characters somewhere, Janella needs to make plans in a more discreet place. And it gives everyone a next step, since they can only stand around and talk so long.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » A New Home (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus