Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An Adventure. ((Closed))

Alec chuckled a little and showed the text to Kay. Then she suppressed a yawn and texted back lazily.

"Thanks, I'll try. Hope you're having a good night. Settling in okay? - A"

She yawned again, reminding her that it had been a pretty long day. Maybe it would be better to get a few hours sleep than lying here texting Leith, but right at that moment, she couldn't bring herself to care.
Leith Knell (played by Chibidoitsu98) Topic Starter

He read her text and smiled a bit at her thoughtfulness. He pushed his empty bowl to the side after devouring his pasta and yawned as he text her back.

"Yeah. already unpacked and everything. I'm not keeping you up am I?"

He set his phone besides him and yawned again, only this one lasted longer. He rolled onto his back and scratched his stomach, keeping his eyes glued to the tv so he wouldn't fall asleep.
Alec blinked at the last line in the text. Was the man a mind-reader? Or maybe he was tired as well. It had been a rather full day for him as well, what with being threatened and moving and all. She chuckled a little bitterly at herself. When had her life come to the point where being threatened was a´just another annoying bump in the road? She shook her head and focused on her phone again.

"Only a little. Should probably sleep pretty soon, have a fair bit of walking to do tomorrow. Sleep tight and have sweet dreams ;) - A"

Then she placed the phone on the ground by her head and rolled over on her back, closing her eyes. She had a feeling she would be having good dreams tonight.

Leith jolted away as the phone vibrated, causing the area next to him to vibrate as well, He grabbed it and smiled tiredly at her text. He grabbed a pillow and put it under himself before he replied back.

"Yeah, you too Alec. Sweet dreams. -L"

He set him phone on the coffee table and turned off his tv. He then curled up into a ball, gripping his pillow to his chest as he mumbled falling asleep.
Alec had been right the night before, she had been having good dreams. She had woken up with a smile on her face, after dreaming of gray eyes and a flirty smile. She knew that this should disturb her, seeing as she had only known the guy for a day, but hey, nothing wrong with liking what you saw, right? She would have to keep it a secret from Kay though. The cat had been bugging her for a while about getting herself what he called a 'mate'. He had proposed Seth for the role, but Alec had told him that was impossible, since they treated each other pretty much as siblings, and after a while the cat had let her off. However, if he ever found out that she was dreaming about a handsome guy, there was no doubt in her mind that he would start it up again.

Checking her phone before preparing to leave, she smiled widely at the text from last night. She most definitely had. She pocketed her phone without answering though, as she thought it was way too early in the morning to accidentally wake him up. Instead she buffed Kay awake and they started getting ready for the next part of their little trip.

Leith had had a simple yet amazing dream that night. He dreamnt of walking into the cafe after smelling a batch of freshly baked muffins only to see Alec standing, holding a tray of muffins with a big grin on her face. The rest of the dream they spent talking and even kicking some guys ass so actually it wasn't quite as simple as he thought it to be. He woke up after it ended and blinked as he felt drool on the corner of his mouth,"Muffins..."he wiped it off and checked his phone. He sighed a bit sadly as he noticed there was no text sent. Maybe she was still asleep. He shrugged and set it back down on the coffee table, getting up to go get ready for a shower.
They had been walking for about an hour when the temptation became too big and Alec pulled out her phone again. They were getting close to the town, and she would have to be careful not to be discovered once they entered it, so she wanted to get a text off before that. She had consulted with Kay while they walked and they had decided that it was probably safe to tell the man a little about what they were doing after all, if nothing else, then to explain why he might not be able to reach her with texts.
She quickly located their conversation from the previous night and wrote a new reply.

"Nearing the target town. May be difficult to reach me by text for a while, having sound on your phone is not a good idea when you want to reach the boss of the reigning gang without being detected. Will let you know when I'm in. Wish me luck? - A"

After he had taken his shower and mostly dried his hair he decided to go out and see if he could find the cafe from yesterday. As he walked down the street near his apartment he paused to pull out his phone as it awkwardly vibrated in his front pocket. He read the text with a smile but before he replied back he quickly crossed the street.

"I wish you all the luck and muffins in the world ;)"

He laughed as he sent it,"Guess I'd better go get one..."he walked into the cafe once he found it and ordered a fresh blueberry muffin and a coffee,"Lucky me..."he chuckled and ran a hand through his slightly wet hair. He of course didn't notice the girl drooling at him from the register.
Alec was just about to enter the town when she checked her phone for the last time and saw the reply. She smiled. For some reason she suddenly craved muffins. She would have to get some when she got back. Still smiling, she pocketed her phone, pulled her hood over her head after making sure that her ears were not visible and lowered her head to avoid recognition as she took a breath and entered the busy streets of the town.

It didn't take her long to realize that she had been expected. She eyed the group of men that blocked her way, while a hand stealthily moved towards the grip on her whip. She didn't like the look in their eyes.
"And where does the stray cat among crows think that she is going?" one of the men taunted. Alec's eyes narrowed dangerously.
"I am here as a representative, on the invitation of your boss. Now get out of my way, or I'll move you myself."

About 20 minutes later she entered the headquarters of the gang ruling this town, bruised and battered, and with a new wound running along her upper right arm, but leading one of the men at the point of a throwing knife. When she entered the building, she pulled her phone out again. After sending a quick text to Seth about what happened, she sent another one to Leith.

"Entered the lion's den. I have to ask him what prompted my welcome party, it was quite a rude way to greet a guest. Have a muffin or two in my place, I doubt I'll be offered snacks - A"

Leith bought another muffin for the road, carefully placing it into his bag for later. He tossed his empty coffee cup into a trash on the streets and began to explore the town. He was glad to know they had some nice looking restaurants, a few home decorating stores he would have to check out and even a cute little antique store run by an old woman. He couldn't help buying the small vintage gumball machine. He pulled out his phone once he felt himself receive a text and checked it. After he read it few times he couldn't help but worry.

"Hey, be careful. I know you're but if you need help I can rush over. I got you a muffin. -L"
Alec was still following her hostage through the corridors towards the boss' room, her phone in her hand. She had gotten a text from Seth, telling her to return immediately, but she had ignored it. Now that she was here, she was going to have a good talk with the man. The text from Leith made her frown though. It seemed as if she had worried him, which was not her intention at all. Although, she might need some help when she got out of here. After thinking about it for a while she responded.

"What do you know about medicine? My arm had a close encounter with a sharp edge, and has been annoying me for a while. If you want to come, I'll send Kay to meet you. I travel through the forest, so it might be a little tricky finding me otherwise. And don't forget that muffin ;) - A"

She figured that she would have enough time to deal with the boss even if he left now, enough time to get back into the forest before he arrived. She sent a reluctant Kay off and stepped up to the door that belonged to the man that she was here to see.

He hauled the heavy gumball machine home and set it up somewhere in the living room. He crossed his arms as he looked at it then nodded. He would have to clean it and if it worked like the lady said he might as well put some candy in it. He quickly read the text once he got it. He had been worrying all the way home, hoping she hadn't gotten into some kind of horrible predicament. He didn't want to already lose a new friend.

"Yeah,I'll be waiting I can patch you up. Be careful, look forward to that muffin. They're pretty good :)"

He grabbed a medicine kit and quickly went through it to make sure he had everything he needed. He put it in his bag and locked his door as he left. He quickly became impatient with himself and began jogging to the forest near the town she was in, keeping an eye out for Kay.
Kay ran as if his life depended on it. Well, he thought, Alec's just might. That wound in her arm had been bleeding quite heavily for a while, she needed to take care of it soon. That was why he hadn't protested much when she sent him to meet Leith. She needed someone with hands to help her with that, paws didn't do much good patching up wounds. He just hoped that she wouldn't do anything stupid while he was gone.
When he got closer to their own town, he quickly caught the scent of the human he was looking for. He didn't give himself time to catch his breath, he just ran out in front of the man, turned around and set off again, but this time at a pace that a human could follow without any trouble.

It was about half an hour after she had sent Kay off, and now she was really glad that she had asked Leith to come. She was stumbling under the trees, getting weaker from loss of blood, and furious at herself. Of course it had been a trap. The boss had just wanted to lure a Crow into his nest to send his goons after the representative. She cursed at herself as she slid down the trunk of a tree, her cat ears on full alert. She didn't have any strength left and she felt herself slowly loosing consciousness.

Leith quickly followed Kay once he spotted the cat. He looked around to see if he could spot her anywhere nearby but nothing caught his eye and he didn't see any bright red hair. He followed the cat closely but as soon as his eyes found her he ran past the cat,"Oh goodness..."

He dropped to his knees and slung his backpack off his shoulder. He quickly pulled out the kit and grabbed a bottle of alcohol,"Sorry Alec..."he poured it over the wound then set the bottle down and used his teeth to rip off a large piece of bandage. He paused only to look at her cat ears,"Well...that...that explains a few things..."he pulled his gaze away from them and went back to work.
Kay had been running as fast as he could for a long time when they got back to Alec, but when Leith passed him, he allowed himself to collapse on the ground and catch his breath. He still kept a close eye on the two humans though.

Alec flinched awake when the sting of the alcohol registered in her brain. She carefully cracked an eye open, just as Leith noticed her ears, but didn't have the strength to pull them back. Instead she opened both her eyes and whispered with what she hoped was a steady voice.
"Why hello stranger. I really hope you brought that muffin."

Leith was in the middle of bandaging her arm as he heard her talk. He looked up at her and smiled, relief notable in his smile,"Yeah, I brought it. They're really good."he tied off the bandage and put the kit away and set a white paper bag in her lap. He reached behind her legs and slipped an arm around her back, carefully lifting her up,"Let's get you somewhere comfortable."he looked around for Kay and picked him up as well, setting him on her stomach,"Geez you two are lucky."he chuckled and followed the wa he came.
Under normal circumstances Alec would have protested being carried, but she simply didn't have enough energy to care at the moment. She cradled her unharmed arm around Kay when he was lifted onto her and simply went along for the ride.
"Thank you for coming," she mumbled, a little embarrassed. "Kay is a wonderful partner, but he have a little trouble with first aid."
She turned her head towards the paper bag and sniffed it.
"It really does smell good."
Then she fell silent, feeling a little awkward and not quite knowing what to say. She knew that there would be questions to answer later though, and dreaded that moment. She knew that there was no way around it however, as he had already seen her most well guarded secret.

((Ooc: Going to bed now. 1am and 1½ year olds drain your energy like nobody's business. They have way too much of it >.<))

He nodded in agreement,"Yeah, i've already had like three earlier."he smiled and kept his eyes forward. Eventually he couldn't help but wonder if he should ask about her ears. He glanced at her then up at her ears then quickly looked away. God they made her look even cuter,"So uh...how did it go with that boss guy? You don't have to tell me what you discussed of course."he chuckled.

((Ooc: I understand hun. Good night!))
The focus on her job was a relief, because it meant that he, at least for now, were willing to wait with the explanations. She smiled a weak, bitter smile as she thought about what had happened.

"It was a trap from the very start, just like Seth feared. We got an invitation from the boss of that gang to discuss a peace deal. They originally wanted Seth to come himself, but eventually accepted a representative. But they were waiting for me as soon as I entered the town. He was never going to discuss anything, he just wanted an opportunity to lessen the Crow's forces... Or if possible take down Seth..."

Leith felt a twinge of jealously as he mentioned a guy named Seth but he just smiled and nodded,"Never trust a gang boss."he chuckled and looked at her. His eyes ran over her bruises and few smaller cuts on her arms,"Seems like you didn't do too badly since you only had one major injury."he glanced at her ears before he looked forward as they walked. Leith blew his bangs out of his face and shifted her in his arms so he had a better grip. She was really light, not to his surprise.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An Adventure. ((Closed))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus