Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An Adventure. ((Closed))

Momoko Redrave (played by Cheesecakes)

(ok)
Alec turned her head back to Leith, but had a hard time looking him in the eyes at the moment. She simply snorted at his comment though.
"He's just talking rubbish, so there's really nothing to miss," she said with a frustrated tone in her voice. "He just can't seem to resist teasing me any time he gets the chance..."
And this time he had gotten a very big chance, she knew that. The cat was able to read her better than anybody, and she knew that it was only a matter of time before he figured out what she tried to hide.
Leith Knell (played by Chibidoitsu98) Topic Starter

Leith looked away when she wouldn't make eye contact with him and shifted in his chair a bit. Maybe he had gone to far with the ear thing? His confidence faltered and he kept his eyes on the table, slowly picking up a piece of pizza. He nibbled on it and leaned on his hand, nodding to what she said and just lost in his own, slightly annoyed with himself thoughts. He pulled his hand back from Kay and glanced around as he nibbled.
The atmosphere was getting a little tense, and Alec didn't like that. She forced herself to look straight at him, ignoring her own embarrassment. She looked at him for a few moments, but didn't know what she would say to get back the easy, comfortable feeling they had enjoyed before. When she couldn't find the words, she looked back down at her food. If they didn't break this awkwardness it was going to be a long night.

Leith shifted a bit more as he felt the atmosphere become too much for him. He stood and looked at her with a smile as he dug in his pocket for his wallet,"Want a drink? I was too focused on food to remember to order one."he chuckled and waited for her answer. He had already decided for himself what he wanted.
Alec Looked back up at him with a grateful look.
"Sure, a Coke?"

As she watched him leave, Kay jumped up at his empty chair and looked at her with amusement in his eyes.
"You've really fallen for him haven't you?" he said without hesitation. Alec choked on a piece of pizza in her surprise, and after her coughing fit she glared at the cat.
"That's not it! I've only known him for a short time!"
Kay looked at her, not convinced.
"Time doesn't mean anything," he said. "Face the fact honey. You let him touch your ears for heaven's sake!"
Alec didn't have an answer to that, so she fell quiet for a moment. Then she sighed and looked at the cat ruefully.
"You're not going to let this go, are you?"

Leith nodded happily and turned, walking over to the register to order them some drinks. He glanced over at Alec and felt something stir in the pit of his stomach. He quickly looked down as he waited to pay for his drinks. He thanked whoever was in front of him then walked over to the soda machine. Leith first added some ice then press the button for the soda. He waited impatiently for the fizz to die down, tapping his foot.
The expression on Kay's face had changed into an amused display of pity.
"You know I'm not. I've been telling you to get a mate for a long time, why would I let you throw away the chance when a perfect candidate shows up in town?"
Alec groaned and buried her head in her hands.
"I don't know what to do," she whined. "Yes, alright, I really like him. But I don't want to get my hopes up, you know that..."
"I know. But you have to trust someone outside the Crows sometime. And you already told Seth that you trust him, remember?"
Alec sighed again.
"I know, I know."

Leith walked back over once he had finally gotten the soda's and sat in his seat. He blinked as he looked at the two of them and sipped his drink, placing her's in front of her,"Gah...this sucks."he whined,"You two can just sit and talk to each other..."he slumped and pushed his bangs from his face in annoyance. He picked up some crust he hadn't finished and took a bite, grumbling to himself.
Alec startled as he sat back down, forcing Kay back to the floor. She silently prayed that he hadn't heard her half of the conversation.
"Sorry," she whispered. "It's just that it's so nice to be able to talk to Kay without being seen as completely crazy... I didn't mean to leave you out."
She ducked her head a little, ashamed.

He set the piece of crust down as well as his drink and reached over, gently touching her shoulder,"Hey...Alec...Are you alright? You don't seem yourself right now."he looked at her worriedly, wondering if it was his fault. He pulled his hnd away slowly, looking a bit frustrated,"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you."
Against her own will Alec flinched and looked up at him with wide eyes. She had gotten so far into her thoughts that the gesture startled her. Frustrated with herself she shook her head and managed a smile at him.
"Sorry, I'm fine. I'm just thinking too much."
She flicked her eyes around the room before they settled on him again, now considerably calmer.
"I'm fine, you didn't upset me. I was just thinking of something and got... well, distracted. Sorry about that."
She smiled widely at him and pushed her plate away from her, suddenly not having an appetite. Instead she lifted her glass to her lips and took a deep gulp.

He nodded slightly and decided it better to keep his hands to himself. Leith, not much of a waster of food finished off his pizza and pushed his plate to the side. He patted his stomach and sat back in his chair lazily,"Nice and full..."he mumbled and closed his eyes, letting himself relax for a moment,"Anything you need to do before we decide to head to my place?"he asked, keeping his eyes closed.
Alec thought for a moment before pulling her phone from her pocket.
"Just sending out two texts, then I'm all set," she smiled.
The texts were quickly sent. One was to Seth, as she had promised to let him know where she ended up staying the night. The other was to her father, telling him that she was spending the night with a friend. She didn't tell him that the friend in question was a guy though. Best not to tempt fate.

Leith nodded and looked at Kay. He picked him up and looked into his eyes,"Say something to me."he smiled. He watched him for a moment before he chuckled,"What's that? She's stuck in the well?"he laughed and set the cat back on the table,"Sorry...I wanted to give it a try."he sighed and got up to throw away their plates. He got a to-go box for the rest of her pizza and walked back over to the table.
Despite her unstable mood, the sight of Leith pretending to understand Key made her laugh out loud.
"Who's stuck in a well?" she giggled. "I really hope it's not me, wells are uncomfortable."
She ruffled Kay's fur affectionately, got to her feet and walked over to the counter to pay for the pizzas. She had promised to treat him after all.

Leith smiled happily as her mood lightened and he stood besides her as she paid,"I should've paid..."he grumbled and took her hand once she had finished and pulled her out of the pizzeria. carrying the pizza and Kay in his other arm,"Lets go."he smiled back at her and winked teasingly for almost no apparent reason.
Alec simply smiled at his grumblings.
"Oh, don't be such a typical man," she teased. "I said I'd pay didn't I? It's the least I can do after you came to my rescue. You even let me stay at yours tonight, I had to pay you back in some way."
When he grabbed her hand and pulled her along, she laughed out loud again and held on to it herself.
"Yes, let's."
She was incredibly relieved that the mood had lightened again.

Leith paused and turned to her,"Thanks...for trusting me. I know we've only known each other for a few days but it's really comforting."he leaned over and softly kissed her cheek then winked, his own cheeks rather flushed. He turned once he got that off his chest and walked with her, keeping hold of her hand.
Alec was sure that her face was a million shades of red and it took her a moment to collect her wits. When she did, she couldn't help the smile that spread on her face.
"Well, I guess that I realized that Kay was right with what he told me a while ago. I have to trust someone outside the Crows at some point, and you haven't given me reason not to."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An Adventure. ((Closed))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus