Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An Adventure. ((Closed))

Leith Knell (played by Chibidoitsu98) Topic Starter

Leith memorized their surroundings before he slowly closed his eyes, concentrating on the soft song that kept looping through his mind over and over again. He was lucky it was one of his favorites. He smiled a bit as he felt Kay's nose graze his neck and just continued to hum, enjoying the moment to the fullest.
Alec kept her silence until they reached the edge of the town. Then she turned to Leith.
"So, what do you want to eat?"
She glanced around, trying to see if Seth had sent someone to meet her, but didn't see anyone from the Crows close by. She knew she had to go and report to him later, but first she wanted something to eat.

Leith opened his eyes as she spoke and looked over at her, thinking,"I kinda want something hot..."he shrugged and reached, adjusting the beanie as some of her ear popped out,"What do you think sounds good?"his stomach growled and he groaned.
Alec glanced up as he adjusted the hat on her head. Maybe it would have been safer to just simply pull her ears in, but she really liked being able to have them out.
"Well, there's a pretty good pizzeria not far from here," she mused. "And they willingly make them with whatever you want on top. How does that sound?"

LEith nodded and looked up at the sky squinting his eyes a bit,"Sounds good. Maybe I could get them to make me a white pizza. He shrugged then smiled,"Do you think Kay likes pizza?"he chuckled and looked down at the sleeping cat,"Probably with sardines."he laughed a bit at his childishness then sighed.
Alec giggled at that.
"Oh, I know he does, though he favours tuna over sardines." She smiled at herself at the memory of her first meeting with the grey feline. "Can you believe that the first time we met, after telling me that I smelled funny, he asked right off if I had any tuna in my pockets?"
She cut herself off when she heard him sigh, and she looked at him worriedly.
"What's wrong?"

Leith blinked and looked over at her then smiled a bit, laughing nervously,"Oh nothing! I was just remembering a few things."he looked forward,"That's funny way to greet someone though a little rude."he blew his bangs out of his face with an annoyed huff,"Think I should get a haircut?"he asked.
She hummed in thought at his response. She was curious, but she knew from experience that there was always something that you didn't want to share with others. He would tell her if he wanted her to know. Instead she opted to discuss Kay. It was a safe topic, and didn't make her think of silly things, like wondering if his hair was as soft as it looked.
"It was rather rude, yes. I mean, he just walked up to me, out of nowhere one day and says; 'Are you aware that you smell funny?' And then he attached himself to me for some reason. Still haven't figured out why, but I wouldn't be without him for the world."
At the mention of a haircut she looked at him with mock-horror in her eyes.
"Why on earth would you want to do that?" Then she shook her head at her own silliness. "No, but seriously. I think it looks really good the way it is, but if you want to cut it, then do that."

He ran a hand through his hair, using his fingers to pull it back. He looked at her with a smile then nodded,"Yeah, I suppose it would looked weird if I got it cut."he chuckled then paused, thinking about what she had said before he commented on his question,"Maybe it's because he wanted someone to talk to?"he shrugged and gently ran his hand down the gray cats fur.
Alec nodded slowly.
"It might have been. He was a stray before I took him in, so I don't imagine he had a lot of other cats to talk to either."
She mused over this for a moment longer before shrugging her shoulders.
"Either way, he talks a lot. Maybe everyone else got tired of hearing his voice. I know I sometimes do."

Leith took a moment to think before he spoke,"I think i'd like a friend that always talks...especially when I can't think of anything to say. They can carry on with the conversation for as long as they want and all you have to do is listen. It would get annoying but I think it would be nice."he smiled and absentmindedly stroked the grey cats ears.
Alec looked at him in surprise. She had never thought of it like that before.
"That's true I suppose," she mused. "Either way, I never have to worry about getting bored. It's a little annoying when we walk through town though and he says something that I'm supposed to respond to..."
She made a small grimace. She had been looked at like she was crazy too many times to count when she had thoughtlessly answered Kay with people around.

((Ooc: Just throwing out a question, would it be okay to have them run into Seth briefly outside the pizzeria? Alec need to report and he would be worried >.< I'd still use Alec to post it though, as he doesn't have a created character of his own yet... This is only with your ok though, otherwise I'll just have it implyed later ^^ ))

Leith laughed once he understood what he meant and once again shrugged,"I used to talk like that with my dog. I used to always think I knew exactly what he was talking about."he chuckled and grinned,"I think looking crazy is better then trying to fit in."he reached for her hand and held it up,"That's why i'm like the way I am around you. I don't feel like I have to fit in."he slowly let go of her hand.

((Ooc: Oh absolutely hun! I have no problem with it. I think its a good idea actually. I'd like Leith to meet Seth :3))
Alec forced down yet another blush, seriously, what was wrong with her today?
"Yes well, trying to keep the ears secret is hard enough. The entire down doesn't need to know that the 'stray cat among crows' and the neighbouring gang so kindly dubbed me, is a freak." She smiled while saying this, showing that she didn't take it too seriously, that it was mainly a joke. In the meantime they arrived at the pizzeria.
"Well, here we are," she started, when a loud voice from down the street made her ears twitch.

"KITTEN!"

A brown-haired young man was running frantically towards them and Alec couldn't help but smile fondly as she saw the worry in his ice-blue eyes.
"Seth," she waived at him. Then she mumbled to herself; "Well, that saves me the trouble of going down to the base to report anyway."

((Ooc: I have a feeling that sparks might fly >.< Especially since Seth tends to act like an overprotective older brother ^^))

Leith blinked a few times as he heard someone yell very loudly what seemed to be a nickname of Alec's. He took a step back as he ran over and kept a calm expression. So this was that Seth guy she talked about earlier? He eyed the guy slowly then looked to the side, peering into the pizzeria as if he hadn't noticed him but who wouldn't? He felt something boil up into his stomach which only just made him shift uncomfortably with the situation.

((Ooc: This is gonna be fun ;3))
Alec noticed that Leith had gotten very quiet by her side, but there was no time to ask what was wrong. As Seth came up to them he stopped right in front of Alec and looked her over.
"Where have you been Kitten, I've been worried sick! You're hurt! Why didn't you pull out when I told you to? You always does that! And why on earth didn't you tell me that you were hurt?!"

Alec, wise from going through this plenty of times in the past 6 years, simply stood quiet and let him rant at her. Then, when he seemed to have run out of things to say, she put a hand on his arm to calm him.
"Well, for starters, you know where I've been and I texted you and said that I was on my way home, didn't I? So you knew that I was okay. And someone needed to teach that deceiving boss a lesson or five. To continue on with your rampant of questions, yes, I was hurt, but I'm okay now. I had help patching it up, it's perfectly fine. And I didn't tell you because I didn't have the energy to deal with these questions until I got back."
This speech was delivered smoothly, making it obvious that she was used to him. When she was finished, she turned to Leith.

"Leith, I'd like you to meet Seth. He's the leader of the Crows, and an annoying piece of work. Seth, this is Leith. He's new in town, but my friend," there was a warning undertone in her voice directed at Seth at this, "and he was the one who patched me up earlier."

Seth glanced Leith over without much interest at fist, but when his eyes caught on the sleeping form of Kay in his arms and glanced back at Alec's head and the beanie that proved that this guy knew her secret, his eyes narrowed.
"Leith huh? How old are you, Leith?" he asked with a disapproving frown while Alec only sighed.

Leith listened quietly as he pretended to look into the pizzeria with interest. He was a pretty good actor. Leith turned his attention to the brunette in front of him as Alec introduced him. Leith simply nodded and turned his attention to the cat who stirred in his arms to hang his own over his back.

As the guy- well Seth asked him his age he mentally groaned. He really didn't want to deal with this guys over-protectiveness but better to deal with it now then later. He looked him in the eyes and gave him his famous goofy grin,"I'm 19. Nice to meet ya."he chuckled and glanced at Alec,"Guess your her friend she talked about a few times."he felt as if he was talking to a father as he was picking his daughter up to go to prom. Which only just made him feel even more uncomfortable and even a bit nervous. He had to be careful and not piss him off since he was in charge of an entire gang.
Alec simply nodded at the question indirectly thrown in her direction. Seth was the one who answered it.
"Kitten is like family. In every way that matters she is my little sister, so I look out for her."
The threat in his voice was obvious. It was basically the standard 'If you hurt her I will hunt you down with knives' speech, delivered through intonations and glares. He didn't like guys outside the Crows getting close to Alec. He was aware that he went too far sometimes, but really, he was just looking out for her safety. And if they bolted after having him threaten them, then they didn't deserve her. It unnerved him a little that Kay seemed to have accepted him to the point where he could sleep soundly in his arms. The cat was usually his closest ally when it came to Alec.

The girl in question meanwhile, was completely ignoring her leader and focusing on Kay, who seemed to be waking up. The cat blinked sleepily, before looking around slowly, taking in the situation.
"Need me to defend the poor guy?" he asked to her surprise. Leith had completely won Kay's favour by coming to her rescue it seemed. She nodded slowly, trying to make it as invisible as possible. In response, Kay started climbing up on Leith's shoulder, placing himself firmly there like a big grey parrot. His steel-grey eyes looked at Seth with an annoyed and bored expression.

Leith's expression hardened into annoyance and he took a step forward,"I've been in plenty of gangs fights, plenty of brothels over land they have no right to and i've certainly dealt with people who think i'm just some kid who walked into town and think it's okay to immediately suspect. If anything you should thank me for keeping your family safe, especially since others don't get that sort of luck."he growled. He still felt incredibly nervous but he wasn't going to just sit back and let him threaten him. He took a step back once he felt he made his point and turned his head to the cat perched on his shoulder,"Thanks bro."he felt surprised at how Kay had stood up for him since he was still a stranger but it gave him a nice feeling he hadn't felt in a few years.
Seth blinked a few times in surprise, he was obviously not used to being talked back to by strangers. And the fact that Kay stood up for him made him lose some of his fire. He wasn't going to back down that easily though, that was simply a matter of principles.
"I thank you for taking care of Kitten today, believe me I am very grateful for that. However, that doesn't meant that I trust you. She's been looked after before by people who only wanted to use her, and I'm not letting that happen again!"

Beside him, Alec flinched. While he was right and some guys in the past had pretended to be nice just because they wanted something from her, she could already tell that Leith was different from them. Taking a deep breath to collect herself, she stepped in between the two young men.
"Alright, that's enough boys," she said with a chill in her voice that didn't allow protests. "Leith, I'm sorry about this, this idiot believes he can keep me safe by isolating me, and that's not gonna happen. And Seth," she turned a dark glare at her leader. "You might not trust Leith, but Kay and I do. He most likely saved my life today, something I'd think you'd be happy about. I like him, and you actually have no right to decide my friends for me." She saw the hurt look in his eyes and knew that she might have gone too far. To remedy that, she let her voice and eyes soften.
"I love you like a brother Seth, you know that, but you have to let me make my own decisions."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » An Adventure. ((Closed))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus