Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi! ^^

Hi there! I'm Persephone, but you can call me Seph or Percy or... Whatever you like I guess, as long as it's nice.

I honestly have no clue how long I've been RPing, but I know it's probably been at least 10 years?? Maybe??

I RP in paragraph form, third person, and CAN write several-paragraph-long posts, but I'm trying to cut it down to 3 or 4, if not because most of that stuff was fluff and purple prose, then because I literally don't have time to write that much anymore.

I live in EST and I work full time on an extremely varied and uncertain schedule, so I can't be sure when I'll have time to make posts. I'll I know is that I can at least manage 1 post per week.

I've come to the RPR because I've had a lot of muse-draining hit and runs on other RP sites (threads going inactive, people promising plots but then going with someone else, difficulty getting plots without being super chatty in the discord group, etc.). I quit RPing for a bit because of this, then found this site and figured a more general RP board dedicated to finding a place to fit in RP wise might be a better change of pace.

I only have 1 char at the moment -- Kalliope, a traveling half-siren -- and am hoping to get some plots going for her (preferably via 1x1s). She's even got some plot ideas in her profile, so if anyone's interested, hmu?

Otherwise, I love drawing, listening to musicals, creepy and mysterious stuff like cryptids and ghosts, and dogs, in case anyone else wants to chat about those things. I'm also kinda stuck in this creative rut of reeeeaaally liking Assassin's Creed and RDR, and wanting to do something with it, but not actually having any character ideas, and I'm curious if anybody else feels that?? Idk... Weird thing I felt like tossing in... Whatever works to try and find like-minded people I guess!
Hey, Persephone! Welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here! I hope this is just the site you need to find some good roleplays! Be sure to check out the forums once you're ready!!
welcome. Sorry to hear you had issues with other sites. I for one don't mind discord and run a Discord RP fairly well if I can say so myself. However, I am sure you will have luck here finding something that works for you. There are many awesome people here that I have met so far and sure you will fill the same. cheers.
Welcome to RP Repository! It's sad to hear that you've hit a lot of creative roadblocks while trying to find RPs, but I'm hoping you can find what you're looking for here. I think I've seen a few RDR and AC themed rps and groups floating around, so you might be able to get involved with some of those as well!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to RPRepository.
Heya! Welcome to the site and thanks for telling us so much about yourself. I hope you're settling in okay. If you have any questions, feel free to ask as there are a ton of helpful and friendly people on the site.

Sorry to hear about issues on the other site. Hopefully, you won't encounter too much of the same thing here.

Cheers to making a lot of friends and having a ton of fun RPs! :D
Heya welcome to RPR! <3
Mipps

Welcome to RPR!

I hope you have lots of fun here! ^^

There is the Looking-For-Role-Play (LFRP) section to find new partners by responding to ads or making your own plot pitches!
There is a "Find RP" search feature that can help you find things a little more quickly as well!
Don't forget there are roleplay groups that are open for people to join that are separate from PMs and the public forum!

I have noticed there is a little something for everyone, and if its not listed then don't be afraid to share your own ideas! The community is very kind and welcoming to all forms of creativity.
ShadesOfBlue

Hey! Welcome to RPR!♥️

Guessing from your name, I was wondering if you do Greek Mythology for roleplay?
Persephone Topic Starter

Ahh, thank you all for such warm welcomes! It's nice to see so many friendly people! :o

@Mejasoulfruit : I hope so too! I think this kind of set up for finding RPs is gonna be a lot better for me!

@Viktor_Beck : Oh I have nothing against discord-based RPs (never been in one actually); the issue I had was with some forum-based RPs being dead as doornails on the actual forums and all activity being centered around the sites' discord chat, and if you weren't an active member of the chat, no one really noticed you (even if you were active on-site). Nothing wrong with that set up either, but I'm not great at keeping up with group chats, so I kinda phased out of there in search of places where the forums had more active OOC talk, like this one!

@LittleCal : Ooh, I might have to check those out! Maybe they'll give me the inspiration to actually make some OCs for them~

@LakotaSiouxWarrior : Thank you! <3

@Somnom : I think a lot of issues I had on other sites was being locked into a setting and timeline where if I didn't RP a certain way, I couldn't do much with my chars. The freeform, character-based style here will suit me a lot better, I think! Cheers to new friends and new RPs!

@Kruhee : ;w; <3

@Mipps : Thank you for the useful information! Think I'll definitely try to toss out something in LFRP once I have my thoughts together.

@ShadesOfBlue : I've never RPed it before, but I do love Greek mythology (and am trying to do some research on other mythologies too-), so I definitely think it'd be fun to try! Lots of potential with that kind of theme (modern twist, Percy Jackson-esque plots with demigods, reincarnation of the gods, etc.)
Icysoul

Hello!
It's rare to hear someone trying to write less but it just goes to show quantity =/= quality, amarite? I think you'll find lots of people who can match your post rate, RPR has a lot of slower players since our lives are as busy as our characters' it seems. Can I ask what those other RP sites were?
Welcome to RPR, Persephone!

I've never actually played any RDR stuff, but do love westerns. (And used a Sadie cosplayer as one of my characters. ;) ) So if you ever want to spin something there, hit me up!

Sometimes the Forum Games, as silly as some of them are, can be a nice way to dive in and chit chat with some fellow players. :)

Hope you enjoy your time here!
Deumeawyn

Hi! Hope you are having fun here!

I get what you say about multi para/novella posts. I used to do them a lot, but since I took this job last year, I’m too exhausted to sit and write out long posts.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi! ^^

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus