Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Kuroi (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

How did she know that? It had to of been Tobi. " Yes...I am a shapeshifter" She took her smaller kitsune form and lowered her head. Her ears drooped as she watched Elena. "What a fool of a god I must be to her" It was so much easier to stand with four feet.
Shinigami (played by Great7)

He woke up four hours later and sat up "I'm going back to bed", he said laying back down

Well better go watch them then. Let's see how he's doing", she said going outside

With the rise of the sun came a new list of things to do. Stealing Sonne's body came with many privileges. " Rest well, goddess" Greed chuckled. He got up and wandered out the door. The nature of his power removed the ring, ensuring that his hoard remained close.

Threads of gold and diamond were crafted in thin air and pulled through his fingers. They were masterfully weaved together as he headed for the top of the tower.

" He must have the book by now" Kuroi followed but kept her head and tails down. Beyond the castle walls, interacting with others so closely instead of from a distance, it was so different. No book or spell could prepare her for the uncertainties that had started to show. Wasn't a god supposed to know all?

Outside, Nasr clung to the book with one hand and his head with the other. Darkness rose off his body and reached for the heavens. His eyes were dark and skin pale as he read through the pages. Blood trickled down his head while he fought against the hound of death which nagged him. He couldn't fail, not again and he was almost ready to face Fear again.

He got up and followed greed. He appeared on his head, "where are you going. I'm bored. I will rest in you head so don't move too much",

She canceled the spell on his head, "I see what he uses against you. Failure. Why happenes when you fail. One of the worst fear around. Fear of failing and what's happens after. You really got it hard", he said picking up kuroi and began fluffing through her hair, "your hair us so pure. Let me experiment on you please"

He quite weaving whatever he was and folded it up with a sigh. " Surely the bed is better to rest on than my head. If you really must know, I am tending to what is mine" The cloth was tucked into a pocket before he ascended the stairs. The tower bent to his will, allowing him to pass by only what he wanted Shinigami to see.

Once at the top, he shoved open the door to reveal a familiar sight. A room of the purest white with the power for one to call on their dream form if they wanted. Many of the Luminaries had gathered including the High Luminary and Ferrin who was sitting on the floor. His hair and feathers were dull and lifeless from the curse placed on him. Despite that, he looked up to glare at 'Sonne'.

One of the others looked towards them, " Greed, Glira has-" The demon raised his hand and stepped closer. " As long as I have what I want...that's all that matters. Our 'mistress' is bored. I suggest you find a way to amuse her...with a game perhaps? One of her choosing" A coin was placed in the High Luminary's hand when he passed by him.

With the spell removed, Nasr fell back onto the ground and stared at the sky. " I know what my failure means. To lose my clan, my kin...friends even. I can not afford to fail for all their lives. Shinigami...he will never let anyone down with how strong he is." He reached up to cup a cluster of stars in his grip. " What does he have to fear when nothing can touch him" The stars were blotted out when he made a fist worth crushing something. He rolled to the side when he heard experiment to see Kuroi struggling in Elena's arms.

Another please, would she ever quit? She stopped struggling to hang limp while her fur was fluffed. The odd nature of the continent touched her mind while she was a fox and she found what she was doing surprisingly decent. her tail wagged a few times before she bid it to stop. " Alright, alright...you can experiment on me..." Her ears were so far to the side that they drooped now.

A light grabed the coin an put it in his hand bride the high luminary could touch it, "a meeting without me. Well I did say I was bored. We were ambushed yesterday. By a large number and they had a plan ready and their numbers were too large for them to just be passing by. The game is simple, find the traitor and their plan. If there's more than one then greed will give a bonus. Right greed", he said looking over the coin a magic circle appearing in his eye pupils

Strong. He isn't strong. Haven't you noticed when e only uses magic is when he's at his most powerful form. He just controls the mana he can't give them the instructions to do his bidding. His spells are half made and not solid expect a few and why do you think he creates spells every time. It's to make up for what he doesn't have. He uses skill to fight not just strength. You have strength, don't look up to him. He's weaker than you think that's what makes him strong. And you shouldn't be thinking of power level. If he thought like that he wouldn't have let you have fear would he", she said

A bonus? Greed looked up towards her with a fierce glare. " They had better drag the traitor before me if they want a bonus" He looked back over the Luminaries. The odd looks and vague glares some of them had explained the situation perfectly to him. A devious grin showed as he lifted his head. " Ah yes...I have the perfect idea. We've had something in works for some time now haven't we?"

A boy of twelve nodded his head a few times before looking up at him. " That shall work perfectly. We'll let them out immediately" He faded away in light leaving the rest there. The High Luminary looked at Greed and Sonne as he stepped in front of Ferrin. " You know that will bring him here"

" Yes, I do and that's the plan. Sonne seeks to destroy the world. We just need our final piece" He touched the Luminary's forehead and a gold light appeared to brand him.

It made no sense with everything he had witnessed. He witnessed powerful spells shatter against his magic like they were nothing. The ground piled under his hand as he dug into it. " If his weakness is his strength then let my fears drive me. I refuse to lead because I will let everyone down...but I can fight. I can fight till I am killed. If I am not leading then I let no one down but I will leave a mark in the enemy for those alive..." The darkness rose off him faster as he staggered to his feet. Already his eyes began to empty with the loss. " I defend...because I am afraid to lose more"

Naive. It's that thinking that's used in you more. Fight to protect not to die in fear. And fight not to die, what's the point of protection if you're not there to protect again", she said walking away into a portal, "now kuroi has a certain deal to keep"

He watched what was happening, "destroying the world. I'm reshaping it, don't get it wrong. Anyway greed let's go about our day. I trust our partners are able to handle this matter while also giving us info on it at the same time. Also do well you know greed isn't very nice when it comes to failures and I'm giving him right to punish. Ok greed is your business done here. Let's go back down"

"He has not lost anyone in his defense! As a leader, the greatest failure is watching those you defend fall around you! It will destroy me!" A faint shriek along with a woman's scream could be heard on the air. He looked up for a moment but when he looked down a new terror of watching Kuroi get carried away pulled the darkness out. A plea resided on his face as he crumpled to the ground, reaching out towards them.

She barely caught him mouth a couple of words before the portal closed. Her heart sank that she could not give him what he needed to sustain his life but it shattered at what he tried to say. "No mother..." She whispered, mimicking what she saw. With how empty his eyes were she was sure he wasn't coherent. A haunted past but it was time for him to face it. She lifted her head to look at Elena. What experiments awaited?

" Go play with my brothers," Greed said waving his hand to brush her off. " I still have much to do. They will surely help you with your...deviations." Fear's ring faded away when he turned back to the gilded birds. The demon laughed and flew out the door in a blur of shadows.
" Looks like Fear....has other plans" Ferrin stated with a grin. His brother crouched down by his side when he coughed. He rested his hand over Ferrin's heart and tried to heal him. " We'll break that curse just hang in there" A quick pat on the shoulder was given before the High Luminary stood and faced Sonne. " My worship, the project will work well. The first traitor should be found first thing tomorrow. Until then leave the work to your demons and enjoy the ball tonight. You do remember that you have been eagerly awaiting this...don't you?"

Ha something fun. I will take you up on your offer then. Another busy night then. A good bait also. I have someone to capture real quick so be a dear and not ask questions for now. Still struggling, kill the caster then", he said drawing two circle on greed and they disappeared. Hw got of greed head and walked towards the high luminary, "it will be a fine ball today. Wouldn't it?", he asked walking by him to the door, "I need greed in an hour so don't keep him long"

Ha. What was that scream. Need to take care of it first. I was going to cut you open and check out your cells but that first", she said dropping kuroi

" Know your place" Greed growled as he tried to rub off the circles. He watched her with a glare as she walked away.

Many of them chuckled at the request that was made. The High Luminary maintained his composure. " It will be grand. The finest of every elite house have been invited so I trust you will be pleased"
He turned back to his brother and clenched his fists. If everything went well with their project, then the one who cast the spell would be dead.

Thankfully, she landed on her feet. A quick was done to put her fur back in place. " Which scream? The demon or the woman's?" She returned to her human form and turned to head out. Perhaps she could bide him a little more time after all.

The speed of a demon becomes apparent with a powerful draw. Through the air a louder shriek rang out and darkness closed in. Shadows crept across the ground towards Nasr's body. His nightmare had only begun

Ok. Good to know. Oh yes rage, we are going out. We don't want to miss it do we", he said as pavol appeared beside him blasting a hole in the walk, "dragon. Follow fear. He's about to do something instresting", he said with a sly smile

She created a portal back to Nasr and looked at him, "you think too much. Just summarize what you want and go with it", she said as a barrier appeared around him.

A girl about the height of shinigami walked up to her with blue hair, "should we deal him"

You're late or you wouldn't ask that. No. Now go set the barriers. The annoying one too", Elena teplied to her

The girl disappeared and soon barriers apoeared around the buildings

A stir was caused among the Luminaries. Greed turned quickly. " Use the door! You know this a very special tower!"

" Lay off it, Greed" Rage barked while manifesting. He sneered at his brother, giving Shinigami and Pavol to climb on before flying off. His body became like smoke from trying to build the same speed Fear held.

The shadowy claws ticked off the barrier around Nasr. Another shriek and Fear rose around it, resting his hands over the barrier as though it was a great treasure. " He's mine..." Darkness twirled and danced around the demon's claws. Kuroi stepped back through the portal now and looked upon her old friend. No permission was needed with Fear. The barrier around the valra would break from feeding the demon.

If it's so important why was it easy to break" Tobi said getting on shinigamis laps

Won't truly understand.", he replied

Oh we are forgetting something", Tobi said

The girl came back with a dead look in her eyes, "we should just kill him. Makes things easier"

You're not wrong but shi doesn't want him dead. You know he gets frustrated about thing like that", she said as a chair appeared and she sat down.

So we just watch", yhe girl asked

Yes. The rest is up to him now. He still thinks he's weak that's his flaw", Elena said

" The tower isn't that easy to break, fool" Rage stated. His tail along the edge of the hole when he left. The walls were many feet thick. " You can deal without whatever you forgot! I'm not missing my brother drag that Valra under" Fire surrounded them moments before he vanished from the city.

She could have sworn the demon smirked with their statement. A single claw broke through the top of the barrier. " He is weak...you will see...the proof...here and now" The barrier was flooded instantly by the demon and liquid darkness. Nasr's disembodied yell echoed from within as the nightmares began.

How many times did Kuroi face down Fear before she mastered it? Even now she was sure the demon would find new to pick at. She approached the barrier and watched with concern. " It is up to him...but sometimes the light of another is all it takes to prevent one from drowning in despair"

Fear will go after that light. If he wants to win he would have to find his himself", the girl said sitting on a chiar and began chewing on some meat fried and dried from a bag

Oh let me have some", Elena said getting one

Is shinigami coming back",the file asked her

Don't know and wish he wouldn't be here but he would be.", she said, "don't go near him. Let him win his fight"

A very disrespectful", Tobi said

Let it be", shinigami reolied

What light would he find or would he drown? Valra were notorious for revenge making such fears of weakness and failure as irresistible as the meat she smelled. She smiled despite her own concerns. If he could smell it then maybe stealing a piece would take precedence.

Within his mind the demon worked with madness to weave a labyrinth fit to shatter his soul. Threads of ink were pulled from his heart and mind then strung through his fears of weakness, inadequacy, failure, and more until they were tied to the core of it all.

To weaken his resolve even more, they placed him in the maze as a small boy. A frail little bird whose lungs burned with every panicked breath. It was the touched of shadows that drove him from the security of the steady room.

Beyond it the fears started simple. His clan turning to Shinigami, crimson feathers plastered to the ground with him being the last one standing, and worse their blood on his own hands. As the strings called him further along, his clan faded in favor for the deaths of his mismatched friends. The greatest exception was Shinigami remained with a blade pointed at the Valra's throat. " Traitor" rang clear even beyond the nightmare.

A sweet word that drew Rage in. The clouds that built hid his presence but he found the barriers by plowing headlong into them. A thunderous growl filled the air and he began to fly along side them. " What is this!? Fear is in there and I am left out!?"

That's true. You need that stuff she gave ypu. The one you hate", Tobi whispered to his ear

No. Not doing it. Just target one side and plunge through", shinigami said

Oh they're here", the girl said sitting up eagerly

They will try to plunge through one side so make that side weaker", Elena said, "come sit by us. Also, when will it be over"

Why don't we kill him now", the girl asked

Lis, shinigami wants him alive. You don't want to see him disappointed do you", Elena said taking another piece

For his sake then", the girl said sitting back down

That was a command Rage eagerly obey. Not seeking to smash his head again, he let loose a volcanic blast powerful enough to shove the clouds back. Smoke and ash poured through the hole created which the demon flew through.

The shockwave created caused Kuroi to stagger sideways. Stepping away from Nasr seemed like a good idea with Rage gliding towards them at a good clip. She turned and joined the two. " It's tough to say when it will be over. Since he's a Valra I believe it should end soon but..." The smoking demon kicked up dust with his wings and curled around the barrier. Lava glowed between his teeth as he stared them down. Two more demons to add to the trial. Would it help or hinder him? " He is facing his own fears now with no physical veil to dampen them. That may extend the time"

" Oh, you think he can win?" Rage sneered now. He gradually lowered his head to hide the prize that he now guarded. " Impossible!"

Lava dripped from the demon's body into the sludge below to join the nightmares. The first drop wiped Shinigami from before him. More fell as scorching rain to become as demonic copies of those he knew or hit the ground as a flood. Once more he was driven into the labyrinth of his mind. Every twist and turn became more demented than before and the halls closed in. A glow down one hall and he turned around with voices and shadows tormenting him. Another glow and he found scenes of his friends and family mutilated in ways no one would wish to see. The severed head of his father screaming for mercy while it was being fried in a pan, headless bodies with hooks shoved down their necks to hang like laundry only to live again, or others still strung out slowly after being half parted and so much more.

Finally, the lava drove him into a dark corner. A shadowy beast tore out the heart of Kieran and at its feet lie the rest. Each one had its ribs tore open to reveal an empty chest. He whimpered as he crept forward. The shadow turned to reveal his own grown face as a valravn demon. its glowing smile stretched further than it should as it laughed at him. " You cannot protect them. You will destroy them instead...Grand Demon" The heart within its hand was offered to him, still beating out the last of its blood. When he looked upon it glowing eyes appeared and it changed into Madness. With a haunting scream, it lunged at him and burned its images into his mind. " We...will...break you"

His own tormented screams could be heard in the air outside. Within the barrier the darkness stirred and thrashed about. A tattered feathered wing or even a valravn's head rose from the sludge occasionally acting as a testimony to the true brutality of Fear. Another drop of lava fell into the beak and set the darkness still. What would become of Nasr now?

Hey Nasr. They aren't real. When you start believing them is when you lose", shinigami said as he ativated the circle he put on greed allowing him to spy on what they say or do, "you're on your own", he said not able to see much that was going on

The girl was about to stand up but was stoped by Elena, "don't be rash", Elena said to her

But he's...", the girl replied

Not the time", Elena said as her clothes changed to that of a female scientists with a short black skirt and white shirt and a lab coat, "it's better to observe for now", Elena said as she brought out a book and began to write in it.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus