Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

Auctually I thought about it and we'll that spell shouldn't do it. Yeah let's do something else", he said then turned back to the rod and raised both hands up. He started putting them up and down one by one very quickly in a fast motion. At the same pace he went sideways then move his legs to a better position and kept going. He had a blank face on through it all.
Kuroi (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" What is he doing?" Enzo watched him as though he were a grotesque creature.

" Casting a spell. You see...the thrill of exploring is lost on him" She said while looking about. Seeing nothing, her gaze focused on Shinigami once more. " Better if everything comes to him"

" Won't he disappointed to learn life doesn't work that way..." He crossed his arms and continued to watch only to chuckle at his blank expression. " I see you disappointed him already"

A sharp glare was cast at Enzo. " He'll get over it. They're cotricikal. Only the wom-..." She looked up when a sharp caw echoed among the branches. Another then another sounded of with the sound of wings. Glimpses of feathery shadows dipped below the leaves before vanishing again.

He noted the coy smile on her face and looked about. " Birds? We're waiting for birds!?"

" No" She said facing him. " They're valra, one of a few races immune to cotricikal poison. They'll guide us to them"

E stopes then looked at them with a blank face, "I'm not deaf you know. You think I want to do this either. My dad taught me this spell so of course it has this silly technique to it", he said picking up the rod. Mana waves diverse when he did, "guess I don't need to do that anymore. Let's go"

She shrugged and strode past him, pausing by his side long enough to speak. " No need to be uptight with me. Though...I would like to know why your father's magic has interesting dances" A smile crossed her face before she carried on.

Enzo merely shook his head with a smirk as he watched the mana disperse. " This all a fancy dream. Not sure if it's good or bad yet"

The valra glided from branch to branch overhead, some even dipping low enough to steal hair if they dared.

Touch a hair ion my head and I'm ripping your beak off", he said looking at the tress, "of course it has weird dances its my dad the guy lie seeing me embarrassed. We should ask Nasr to dance", he said then looke at Enzo, "you think that's weird imagine how I feel finding out my mother in law plans to kill my girl and my whole existence. Or when her sister tried to seduce me for fun"

A symphony of cackles broke out within the trees. One valra dove ahead, took the were-raven form and grinned at them. Their form shifted and danced infront of them before the valra ahead in a blur of shadows.

She smiled at the playful nature of them, remembering Nasr's shadowy antics. " The trick will be convincing him to dance. First we need to find him. Hope to embarrass him and even the score?"

" And I thought my dad was a pain..." Enzo mumbled while trailing behind them. His head jolted up when Shinigami addressed him. " Mother-in-law? So you two are married?"

" Not yet" Kuroi said with a glance over her shoulder. " But as you can see we have family issues"

Well tou see to explain, my family is messed up to raise me up. You know so I could survive but hers just want to kill her or sell her into a breeding ground. Well one wants her dead and the other wants the second option. Don't care what he says but that's what I'm calling it. Giving your daughter to someone else to have the right generation is the same as that. Seriously you haven't been around much. Hey kuroi where did you meet him and when?", he asked

He smacked his forehead and laughed. " It never changes does it? You have no idea what a breeding ground is like"

" Don't go there...it was bad enough seeing the list Maria brought" She growled. " Be it through the training or fighting for your life, point is we learned survival"

Grass and leaves began to grow sparse as they progressed. A stone was kicked aside before she answered. " You mean where I met Enzo? I told you, he was assigned as my dragonologist."

" That was..." He counted the years on his fingers, somehow not tripping. " About seven years ago"

" Seven? I'm sure that was 16-17 years ago" She said looking back. " Though time can change through dimensions"

Trust me. I know what's a breeding ground is and what it's like to know someone there", he said as the rod fell into a portal and he transformed to his normal form, "sorry sorry. I didn't know my portals could go through dimensions. Seriously that's a huge surprise for a spell that we see as everyday something. I was trying to et a naked woman.. I mean get my seller. We should probably send him home. Hey valras how does one get a valra to dance. Speaking of which we probably need to go get Nasr he's probably waiting for us"

The way he said that made her look back. It sounded like was reffering to a different incident, a different person but what happened? " Is it your portals or a change in the Mana" she said looking ahead again.

She glared as a green haze began to fill the air. They were close. " You don't want to see a naked Cotricikal anyway...it'll ruin you"

" How so a woman's a woman right?" Enzo shrugged then looked at Shinigami. " Why use magic to see a naked woman anyway? Must be dull with how easy it is. More fun just running up and snatching something"

" Don't give him more ideas!" She said through grit teeth.

" I don't know. Wouldn't you like it if he did something like that to you? Hey! You still didn't answer my question"

Her pace quickened to the dead and dying terrain ahead, fists clenched tight. " The cockatrice is born from a roosters egg! You tell me!"

" Okaaay then..." As she vanished into the mist, he had managed to get alongside Shinigami. " I see she's lost none of her fire. A good fight can put her in a better mood"

The valra waited for silence to fall between them before a few more glided down and took their humanish shape. A couple females and a guy. Unlike the city valra, the tribals wore almost nothing. Enough to cover and decorative extras.

One of the girls had bird feet and hands, a rarity oft slaughtered in the cities. "We dance with music of course" She giggled and sprung into a tree.

The male took the remaining female and gracefully shifted behind her. " Ceremonies are best" He said. " The most difficult Valra dance alone. When they are seen by those who aren't valra, they cease"

And Nasr is the most difficult of them all. Thank you...less dressed valras that I would hang with if I wasn't already taken", he said as kuroi stormed off, "she knows I'm joking. She does but doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. Maybe I should stop making those jokes"

Tobi looked at him bewildered, "he's thinking about someone else. Wow. She's a good influence"

Hey I'm not that much of a self lover. Am I?", he asked looking at Enzo.

The male valra smirked, returned to his bird form and flew ahead but she took the griffin form and lunged in front of them. " Remember this, the happier a valra, the more likely they are to dance. Our pride in battle will have us dancing around our foes too" She grinned as she began to turn away. " When we are solemn, the spirit of dance abandons us" In a single, swift motion she bounded ahead.

Shapeshifters that weren't dragon nor could they hold perfect human forms. Enzo watched them with an unwavering fascination until Tobi spoke. He turned in time for the question. " You're asking me?" Shock hid in his seemingly stoic face. " You built yourself a throne. Unless you are royalty that screams conceited"

A sour scent, mingled with the sickly sweet stench of fresh decay, seeped through the mask when all life seemed to fade from the forest. The valra began to gather at a dark mass ahead which looked to be the source of the toxic mist. Around were a few fairly fresh bodies and the skeletal remains of once proud trees.

Oh come one. A throne means a place for a special person. If someone builds a throne for you it means you're special enough for them to give their life for you. It also means the world has no chain on you. That's what I want. I want to be in a level so high that the world would respect me. All worlds. That's why I sit on a throne. My dad told me to work like how I eat to see myself after all", he said then looked ahead

Also because it looks cool", tobi said

Won't lie about that thrones do look cool and magnificent. It shows that even something as common as sitting can be made to be beautiful", he said , "hey kuroi. You're supposed to be in my shadow"

A violent fire appeared in his eyes as he grit his teeth. " A throne still has chains..." He muttered to himself. Little embers appeared in the air around him then vanished when he took a deep breath. " It's not respect I want but freedom. To reject the throne in all its ways to live a life that I choose! Even with a throne others still come to tell you what you must do and they'll strip it when you don't comply"

His gaze remained on nothing in particular until Shinigami called out to Kuroi. She was leaning against the cave wall, watching them intently. Her eyes shifted bweteen the two, as if deciding on something. When they were close enough, she melded with the shadows.

" Why do you have to be in the shadows?" He asked while looking down. No answer came. " Suit yourself" He sighed.

Those are still thrones but thrones give you everything. Lives have been lost as saved due to thrones. You can control lives by sitting on a chair and giving a command. No one else has rights to touch that chair that's a throne. A throne is so important that we fought to get someone out of one. Taking away thrones from someone is part of thrones. And who really needs freedom. No if you're respected people give you freedom no matter what it is think about this you respected kuroi so you gave her freedom didn't you", he said grabbing Enzo shoulders, "the people you serve are highly respected giving them the freedom to do what they do. Any kind of respect has it's benefits. To be respected means o be benefitted. Don't you see. Stop trying to be free and instead stop being oppressed", he said letting him go as a face mask appeared and he wore it, "also the people here prefer men to women. The irony is that they're women themselves"

" Don't think I respect those I work for because I don't!" He snapped and turned away. Hatred burned in his eyes while he ensured his own mask was snug. " I don't care about your politics. I follow no one and expect no one to follow me"

His expression softened as he lowered his hands. The mask hid his smile as he remembered Kuroi's attitude to her captors. Even he was told to kiss off for a time. " I did free her...but it wasn't respect, it was defiance" The fire was missing in his words this time.

His composure threatened to take one of pain and sorrow but he quickly stood straight and proud. " Let's see this strange world. If more guys are here then I have nothing to worry about" He chuckled and began to wander inside.

Yeah should we tell him?", shinigami said with a little crack in his voice

That the more guys mean the more people who would try to beat you up to kill a girl", tobi said, "nah he's smart. He would figure that out"

Hope he does soon", shinigami said following , "everything ok kuroi?" Shinigami asked her through the link

"You're thinking too much like a human" Kuroi stated, brushing the question aside. "Enzo understands the mythology of his world more than most. Cockatrice was all I needed to say"

She fell silent and let them roam deeper into the cave. Enzo cast a glance back when heard Shinigami's and Tobi's voices. " What are you worried about?" He shrugged and continued on ahead.

Eventually the cave opened up to reveal the edge of the Cotricikal home. Many shops were set up but one could see a large number of Cotricikal working to enlarge the cave system. The chaos that existed before was lacking as a result.

One tunnel seemed complete and was more grand then the rest. Poison crystals were put in place and lit it in the eerie way they were known for. He stood, wide eyed looking over the place and the race. " Unreal..."

Wait what do you mean thinking more like a human", he asked he through the link, "wait till you see the succubi. I should take you there one time", he said to Enzo hands around his shoulder, "looks like it woul be hard to find her"

You will not", tobi said

What?", he asked surprised

You will not be meeting any succubus they find you ad you will become their national treasure for life. You think it's everyday they find immortal vessels", tobi said

Are you trying to talk me into it or out of it", he asked with a sarcastic voice

Tobi returned his comment with a glare

I will not. Got it. Respect your wishes you're the boss", he said

"Let me put it simply...for Cotricikal, the women hold the role of a human male. On average one female of this race will claim 15 males" She paused for a moment, considering how to inform him of their unusual nature. "To make things more clear...they are like seahorses. The eggs are placed in the males who will later lay them once they are fully developed"

" Yeah...looks like it. I've never seen anythi-wait succubi?" Enzo looked over his shoulder and smirked. " To see one that isn't me...well I was turned into an incubus. Ah, truth or dare is way more fun with dragons" He laughed as he remembered the insanity.

Once succubus was mentioned, an icy chill was sent through Shinigami. "That you want to be there slave...You have more than Tobi to worry about" The chill got more intense for a moment then faded. "But thank you for backing down"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus