Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

No. Depends on your definition. Well I’m off your board no aren’t I”, he said as mana began to burst and the gravity became heavy, “thanks for waking me up death. Not sure if you did it on purpose..anyway”, he said standing up as the prison burst around. He took kuroi to himself and looked around, “I told you you couldn’t escape from me. And also tobi saved my soul if you’re wondering. Good thing I tied my soul to hers when you removed the immortality”
Kuroi (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

No answer came from Death except the tapping of a chess piece against the board within the darkness. The last out rang with the sound of the shattering prison.

Shards of crystal glass showered Kuroi in a painful but beautiful display. She waited to feel the sting of her mother's or sister's blade only to feel warm comfort instead. " I don't want to escape you" Kuroi while allowing herself to relax. " But...I didn't remove your immortality" Confusion resided on her face as she looked up at him. What did it matter now? He was awake and she greeted him with a kiss.

A fire burned within at the mention of his souls being tied to Tobi. For all the good she had done, there was something about that spirit that left her uneasy. Perhaps it was nothing more than her shared possessiveness of him?

He would find as he looked about blackened halls reminiscent of the sunstone towers. A cold and evil presence filled the place, making it feel...artificial. On the floor was the fading body of the god of life. The last few strands of his existence flowing into Kuroi, leaving a pale glow in her stomach until the heart quit beating. Still one might feel the energy of life in her if they were sensitive enough.

He was talking to death”, tobi said taking some blood from the body, “and you’re piece is back on the board”

Shouldn’t have announced my presence then”, he said patting kurois, “it’s ok girl. I didn’t mean to scare you like that....where are the boys. Where’s nasr. How long have we been here. Is my immortality back. Why didn’t tobi save you”

Not the job I chose”, tobi said

You know you’re going to have to start treating her like a daughter soon right”, he said

Nope. Don’t even bother”, tobi said, “taking care if you already is too much work”

Just....never mind. I sense something”, he said

" I'm fine now." She said while pressing her head into him. " I'm just glad he didn't..." One eye watched Tobi carefully. If she was here the whole time then what would she tell Shinigami of what was witnessed?

The heart was raised into view while the terrors of interpretation flooded her mind. How would things be now if she gave the god what he wanted instead of killing him? What did Tobi what with the blood? A new body? " Nasr is looking for the others" She answered without looking away from the heart. " But I'm as confused as you about the rest"

" I can answer those questions" Yuyami stepped from the shadows and approached them with an aire of confidence. His clothing suggested he sat among the higher rungs. " You two have been here for many years...100 or more. Now that you've broken from this generator, immortality is no longer yours. Solarium couldn't lose her precious energy source"

He circled around them and studied the two before turning to Tobi. " Not a motherly figure are you?" With a chuckle he turned back around. " There is much to sense in this world. Does it feel good or bad?"

I see. And my people?”, he said as his bag appeared, “I see. I order for all the weapons in my bag to appear. The ones that did couldn’t all fit in this bag. A vision spell that used the victims power and Brian against them. Even gods can be affected when it’s unnoticed. Just a guess here but we were captured after I chased off zircon and the others right? If so then my mother should be dead and all”, he said looking around, “yuyami what’s it like outside. I can’t move, kuroi is holding too tight not that I’m complaining”

" A vision spell!? " He laughed and staggered his way towards the mural wall. " No, no. Sorting dream from reality may be your greatest challenge yet. Before discussing that your kin are dead or sealed in prisons much like your own"

" Nasr said he couldn't find any humans" She lifted her head to see her brother turn to them.

" He failed to find Shinigami without your aide too. Sniff the air sis. It's sterile!" A flicker of rage crossed his face but he clenched his fists and gathered his nerves. " We have much to talk about, sister. Go find the Valra. I'll find you when I'm done here"

A few minutes of silence passed as they stared at each other. Eventually she let Shinigami go, placing the heart at his feet, the ran through the mural wall. The heart trembled then burst into a gleaming flower before fading away.

" Outside is hell" Yuyami said while beckoning him to follow. " The world is dying while forbbiden knowledge spreads like a disease. Lumerin is a faint light in the night. Many await the day his body finally falls" He stopped the wall to see where his guest was. " Don't be so fast to write off your mother. Chances are she'll make you wish she was gone before you know where she came from. Take this" A medallion with the mark of Death was held out. " We don't need you getting hunted so soon"

He took it and looked at it“so not a vision spell. Explains why my horns didn’t dispel it. But...for me to miss this much, just wrecks it hard for me”, he said biting his lips so hard it was bleeding, “ok. Since I’m here and there’s no time to rest. We have to save limerin first. There’s a reason they’re trying to kill him and that is because he’s hope. To save lumerin we need my people, to save my people I need you but to have you means putting you against that doesn’t it”, he said pointing at he wall, “I don’t know hat I’m seeing but I know you hate it so much you have that face on. I don’t mean you’re frowning it’s just that as someone who hosted rage and knows souls, I can sense how much rage your soul has. It’s so hateful it poisons your soul”, he said standing beside him, “what do you want to show me”

" Did you really miss so much?" He said before stepping through the wall. The halls were equally cold but a sense of being watched haunted them as he guided him along. " Tell me how you feel that you would bite your lips so hard. Failure? Hopelessness? Perhaps the pain runs deeper...missed time an opportunities with my sister?"

His smile faded after he sighed, replaced with the gravity of the situation. " You can discuss her with my father once we reach him but first, the matter of your kin" A set of doors was shoved open to reveal a balcony of the whitest light. Stepping on it revealed a white city as far as the eyes could see. The light from the endless sea of buildings erased the stars from the sky leaving it an empty void. Only the faint light of a broken, blood red moon resided in the darkness.

" Your kin are held in buildings much like this one" He said pointing to a gleaming tower in the distance. " You clearly understand the weight of the situation to ask for my help in freeing them. Before you begin planning, look" He leaned over the railing and pointed down.

A view of paradise was what one might see in the light. Perfect buildings and streets, plants potted and pruned to perfect shapes, and what appeared to be a smooth running civilization. Upon closer inspection one might notice there were more than Nyctorans roaming the streets. The abominations the two faced in the first city. The mechanical dead.

Mindlessness was removed from these beasts. They worked as guards and patrolled the streets. The living paid them little heed but did watch them warily when they needed to pass by.

He smiled as his cat eyes appeared and turned dark red, “have you heard of the orchestra of fear. It’s a time of panic where the people’s worst fears are brought alive...”, he stopped as his eyes returned to normal, “neeed to be cool. Don’t want to mess anything up. Tell me, how much of it was real. Up to what time. We sealed solarium for sure. Then met death. So after death was released. How were we captured. What happened. I have all these questions you know the questions. What pains me most is not knowing. Cause if I did, I would be able to talk face to face with the people I promised to protect”, he said pointing out to the city, “this world this everything was what I fought against. Beauty that hides ugliness isn’t beauty it’s just a lazy work. Like hiding some dirty clothes cause you don’t want to do laundry. All this....is why I didn’t want kuroi to go. I’m talking too much again aren’t I”, he said biting his teeth hard, “you said my mother was free, so how were they able to capture that many”

With a chuckle, Yuyami sat in a white chair and motioned to another for Shinigami to sit. " Fear is allowed his time to rule. Valra once thrived on the terror from the event but..." His expression darkened as he looked to an empty perch above. " A single Valra remains now"

As Shinigami spoke, his focus returned to the present and a smile returned at the mention of Kuroi. " You cling to her for what she offers don't you? I assure you this is not the world she desires either" An arm was stretched over the endless city. " Set her loose and you'll see why she's the goddess of death. The question is will you keep her or cast her aside? But I digress"

Silence was allowed to linger for a time. Screams, barely audible, were carried on the gentle breeze which reeked of dust and a lack of anything natural. " My mother was never sealed" He finally said. " The moment her blood touched you is when your reality ends. It was her blood which allowed the capture of your kind. They found Kuroi's broken body shortly after every human was put to use or killed"

Silver blood flowed from his palm when he dug a claw in. " Lumerin found out about Death and freed him, this is when you met the forgotten god. He chose you as his champion, as the creator of Death but needed you to wake. After hearing you and his daughter were mates, he decided to draw on your ire"

Ice appeared in his orange-pink eyes when he looked at Shinigami. " Make no mistake, the bet between my father and your mother is real. I don't know why my father demands a child but he insists it's important. That wasn't made too long ago. You still have a year left" Yuyami stretched then fell limp as he gazed into the distance. " Right, Lumerin freed your mother but it almost cost him his life"

Another smiled showed when he closed his eyes. " Talk if you need to talk. I'm sure you and my sister could benefit from a luxurious room, peaceful time together, and a good soul to soul talk"

He sat down, “I see. Knowing her she threw a fit to rescue my dad”, he said sitting down, “so that’s what that meant. Thought the dude was playing with me. Why did he give me a week...nevermind about that”, he said resting his back, “finally woke up and I can’t even rest. And the souls...the souls just keep screaming.....I really want to let them...wait why do you think I would leave kuroi. That’s absurd”, he said sitting up

You woke up a few seconds late”, tobi said appearing beside him laughing

What do you mean”, she said

Let’s just say she didn’t know her father was the one trying to wake you”, tobi said giggling

Nevermind.......wait you said her blood”, he said reliazing something

It clicked didn’t it”, tobi said, “you opened that portal yourself”

I gave her the opportunity to enslave my people didn’t it..... well there goes my self esteem”, he said looking down

There there it might have not happened”, tobi said looking at yuyami then head pointed to shinigami, “she might have done it before that”

" That would have been a sight to see. We can count on three of your kin then?" Head tipped against his own shoulder now, Yuyami watched him. Kuroi's voice echoed alongside his when he spoke. "...the souls keep screaming..."

" It might be absurd..." He said absently before sitting forward. " Those souls will determine just how absurd it really is that you would leave her. I wonder..." When Tobi appeared, Yuyami straightened up and listened.

He lit up as she spoke. Watching his sister play the god of life for a fool was amusing indeed. " She may not have known but you must admit her act was good, Tobi. I pity any man who steps between those two" He said while pointing to Shinigami.

" Fun and games aside" The silver blood was spread over the arm of the chair. " Be it you or an earlier time, yes, enslavement was brought to your kind. Be grateful, mother had plans to kill you all but you have allies in key places. The question is how will you win your rest now?"

I see I see how to win. Don’t”, he said resting his back, “things will take care of itself. Fear would get mad then rage would follow then greed then the circle continues then solarium would lock them up again then they will revolt then..”, he was interrupted

Dude he’s smarter than that. If you are planing on hiding your plans at least make up a better fake plan”, tobi said looking at yuyami, “though he’s pretty suspicious”

Tobi the nice man saved us. Don’t day it in front of him. Forget that he’s kurois brother..I think..another time he asked me a question”, he said sitting up, “so you see..”, he was cut off again

Well it’s some how how the male in her family are for you but the females want to kill you”, tobi said

Yeah true. Anyway back to what I was saying..”, tobi hit him. He groaned then sighed, “sorry”

Accepted”, tobi said

Ok. I won’t win this war. You will. I wasn’t strong enough before and I’m not now. I can start a chaos it’s up to you if you can save the people. Don’t look at this wrong”, he said taking out a piece of paper then drew a chess board on it. Mana took to the air and recreated the drawing, “this is their game”, he said as chess pieces appeared on it. There were a lot of white pieces almost to the point it left little space for the opponent. That was a big piece at one side surrounded by empty spaces, “that’s lumerin. The empty spaces are the backers you were talking about. Wing the war for us isn’t wiping out solarium not this time. It’s leveling the playing field”, he said as the white chess pieces began to disappear till each side add equal spaces, “how you see to make white you need all colors”, he said

Black you idiot. Black”, tobi said

Sorry to make black you need all colors. And thank fully the whites have that”, he said as the chess pieces went back to normal and the white side was zoomed in revealing spots of different colors, “theyre all in here. One my people awake they’ll be taken to lumerin rescue him then get him out of here. I would continue the chaos save the remaining races and kuroi will take them away”, he said as the colors disappeared, “then my job would be to disturb the gods in their seats. Attack all of them”, he said as the white chess pieces began to crumble and the board was zoomed out, “then I finish my plan. I’ve had a hundred years to think about this after all. It’s not like they have more moves they have more pawns, take those pawns and we can save them ourselves. That’s when we win and I gain my rest. That’s the big plan. Now I need to you handle the little details”, he said

Again. He’s suspicious”, tobi said

Tobi, he asked”, shinigami said, “and I can see his soul after all. Just kidding”, he said pointing to the fact his eyes were back to normal, “the little details goes like this. In the fake world I created a system to talk to my kin when I needed them. Good thing magic there and here are the same. We use that to call those who weren’t captured and have them attack at different spots. Distraction, then we perform a wipeout”

" I'm no less suspicious than you...squirrely" He chuckled then focused on Shinigami and his mach board.

" An interesting plan but you've forgotten two small factors" The song of claw and crystal sang from the perch above. Nasr now rested over them as if the god had summoned him. His beastly form was like a statue as he stared into the abyss. " Your friends" Yuyami said before standing up.

" The details are mine, assassin" He said to Nasr. " Fake plan or not I believe you are the perfect weapon for your friend"

A hollow hiss could be heard when the Valra jerked his head to look at them. Blood was caked on his feathers from his wounds and his dark eyes were cruel. The longer his silence persisted, the more Yuyami's expression grew cold. " Your search ended poorly then. I'll see to my sister then and pass on the plan"

Nasr continued to watched as he turned and strode off like this reality was nothing. Only when the last gem of the god's clothing faded did he glide down and take his humanish form. " Just you and the gods..." He said moving his arm to hide his tattered torso. " They are all dead...Keiran and Inei too..." Blood ran down as his talons sank into one of his wounds. " I know I saved them!"

You did. They’re not dead. Just imprisoned”, he said. Looking at the chess board as it became circular , “ I need the layouts of this land. You’re injured so here...I forgot. Did they touch my stuffs cause I would kill them if they did. I was going to give you a healing talisman but I forgot I bouaght it in the fake world. Come on. Sit in front of me so I can heal you”, he said

Yeah. He looks like a half buchtered bird”, tobi said

Tobi. We know”, he said tapping his legs, “come on nasr. Tell me everything you know, and I will tell you what I know”
Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

Imprisoned...the word would have been a comfort if not for what he found. " Your stuff..." An awkward grin flashed across his face before he pulled the chair closer. " Our old life is gone. Nothing is left including Kuroi's castle"

A black sludge writhed inside his wounds when he moved his arm for healing. As soon as light touched it, it sank deep. He cringed as darkened veins spidered across his body then faded.

" I will give you what a know" He said kneeling to begin sketching on the floor. " The crowned human sent me here with the promise of finding Inei. I found her...and sent her back thinking it was safe. How wrong I was..."

Blood was smeared across the floor, blurring what was drawn. His talons were dipped in the wounds so he could draw more. " Every direction looks the same but this is what I remember. The elements are sorted perfectly. You can find them by direction and distance. Elite elements live closest to these towers"

Runes denoting elements were written on the sketches of the towers he had found. " The gods visit on a regular basis but don't live here. Every Nyctoran of that element flocks to the towers when they arrive. There is no need to tell you there is no place for darkness"

I see”, he said as he began healing the wounds. Tobi took nasr and sat him on the floor in front of shinigami. Shinigami began healing him, “I see. And how did you get these injuries?”, he asked ruffling through his hair looking for injuries.

It was tough not to feel like a child right now. He raised his hand till his wrist found his, friend's. "Creators, god, Solarium and Sonne...anything that fears and hates darkness" Shinigami's hand was shoved away but he didn't fight the obvious wounds getting healed.

" That reminds me, we must be indoors before dawn " He looked to the horizon. When no warm glow was seen he sighed. " The world is 'purified' in a flood of gold and fire when the sun rises. Anyone outside during the day dies unless they are chosen by the sun goddesses for a blessing. We can still move about. I found mana lines running beneath the city"

I see. Perfect”, he said putting his hand back and kept searching for moves, “stop moving around. I told you my kind loves absorbing mana right. Well solarium might be a different case. As soon as the light is gone, we can attack. Or before. I need a channel to that gold for body modifications. I need you to help make sure I don’t die”, he said

" You are extra fussy today...mom" He said with a mischievous grin. " You should be more worried about yourself-ow!" Blood ran from the base of his skull when Shinigami got near it. On inspection he would find it deep yet missing everything vital somehow. " What modifications are you planning with the gold? I just got done saying you will die without the sun goddesses approval"

Kuroi was back where Nasr had pried her from, looking over everything which had been attached to her when Yuyami returned. " Your mate is really lazy to hand details over to me"

" I told you to stop referring to him like a..." She took a deep breath and sighed as she faced him. " What did you want to discuss with me?"

" Much. Since I must do the work" Annoyance riddled his words though he took a stance of pride. " I can cut to the marrow. Remember what Sonne said to you?"

" Yes..." She took a step back and looked at him skeptically. " I am mother's greatest experiment. The greatest imperfection but what does this have to do with Shini's plan?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus