Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

Wait so everything I worked for...seriously I saw that dragon. Ok stop killing the kids. Like I saw it pick up a kid and vanish. I’m not blind. Return the kid seriously you’re my girlfriends brother stop destroying things I’m trying to save. And I think he told me I just forgot it just it hurts my brain”, he said looking at the hybrids, “let’s do the same to them. And natural hybrids and font remind me of the cities killing, some kulled half the kids I saved. I’m not letting her or her children roam freely. For now I know they have a small army of these kids. From what you told me I don’t expect them to live much. Let’s do this instead, we get other people to fight our battles or their battles. We round up solarium followers and destroy their resources limiting them or their plans. A lot of people dislike the old world so it shouldn’t be that hard”
Kuroi (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" Now you're thinking on a larger scale!" He replied with a smile. The book was rested on the shadows beside him and dusted off. " You'll need to choose members to handle each situation and approach potential allies. This will require you and my sister to part ways for a time but you can handle that right?"

He began to circle around the remaining children and studied each of them. Solarium and her followers clearly had supplies in spades to work on such a project. " Use the Valra to find their resources and providers. I hear you have a little prophet too. He will be useful to get the more religious tribes on your side. Use more aggressive allies to bring the fighters to your side and let Kuroi deal with the ocean dwellers"

Or. We just give rage a mana boost that makes him as strong as Donne and let him destroy everything. Then we give it to fear and let him fight rage and when they’re both weak greed will stop hem and we stop greed”, he said yawning, “ cause what you said sounded like a lot of work”, he said, “again don’t go bear hose children. What god are you off again I forgot”

" Just hand the world to the sun if you're going that way" He scoffed and waved to brush it off. " I suggested you hand the tasks to others. You don't-"

A cold, uncertain look was given when Yuyami stopped. " So lazy yet I'm supposed to entrust my sister to your care? No...she'll be looking after you" He shrugged and stepped closer to the kids. His father's orders echoed in his mind. " I don't have right to dog you when I'm equally lazy"

His eyes darted over the children while his mind worked. A few more pieces were revealed to him. " Doesn't matter what my sphere is. What does matter is the task at hand and what you plan to do with my sister when a break is given"

Easy I plan on marrying her after. I will be at that age soon. Also with the way things are I need you to do me a favor. If we lose, I want you to take care of her so she can find me. My plan is reckless but I need her well for it to work. Her father doesn’t really need her he’s said so and so does the god of light. They’re just greedy...I knew greed would be what destroy the world. For now I will take your advice as you should take mine, theyre already attacking you, you just don’t know it and as for the kids...I will leave them in your care also. Don’t kill them, I know it’s work but I wouldn’t give it to someone that would fail..my mom would be too busy. And as for the rest just make sure tobi is ok...she will survive after me I need you to let her find a body to possess...yeah don’t bother she won’t take your help she would rather plunge your head off..”he said as they were moved away from the children to an empty space. All he said was said there. , “when space breaks a realm that transcends time and space would be revealed. Time and space would need to be transended to go there. So I going to make a rift. But I don’t want to do something dumb and curse the world. That’s where I bring you into the picture, would it work?”

" This keeps getting more interesting..." He mumbled and watched everything fade away. So much take in and do. Take care of all the kids? He scowled at the ghostly shells of them until they were out of sight.

The mention of greed made him chuckle. " Beware of the greed in your kind most of all. Always they hunger for more and know not when to stop"

Two different voices laughed through the space around them. Yuyami looked up to find nothing but knew who they were. " Your plan is truly reckless to attempt creating a rift between the spheres of two of the strongest gods. You...might have my aid. If it works I may even help plan the wedding when that occurs. Keep peace, even" He lowered his gaze, giving Shinigami a hollow look. " What do you need me to do?"

The sun had long since set and Inei stared out a window with the two boys beside her. Purple cracks could be seen in the barrier which was slowly healing. When Shinigami failed to show, Death made his move. " Will she be ok?" Keiran whimpered.

" She knows what she's doing" Inei said while stroking his head.

A strange softness and concern resided on Pavol's face for a change. The air was cold but it wasn't a real cold. " The wheels of fate are turning..." He eventually piped in. " I can feel it"

Take care of her. Also anger the gods in my name”, he said removing yuyami from the space and appeared beside Pablo, “boo. It’s been a day already hasn’t it. Let me guess she’s taking them on alone”

Both boys jumped when he returned. Keiran backed into Inei while Pavol turned to face Shinigami, tail half fanned. " Where were you!?" He raised a fist but Inei caught it.

" Yes" She answered while looking him in the eye. " She said only she could deal with Death on an even level" Her gaze shifted out the window to the healing barrier.

Beneath the Key of Darkness, Kuroi stood before her father, tall and bold. No wounds were on her nor was a weapon in either of their hands. " It's over. You will respect our wishes and wait for him now"

" Your wishes..." He replied with a chuckle. " Not your choice I'm afraid. You were promised to the god of life when both were still children" A seam was absently picked at before he looked at her and found defiance. " His time is up. Their kind no longer rule this world nor do they have permission to do so again"

Her jaw clenched tightly for a time until she noticed something different in his eyes. An arrogance or asurity tinged with...sorrow? No, it didn't seem right. " To gods I didn't know existed. You should have told me then...but you couldn't. It doesn't matter. I gave myself to him"

He glared as he looked her up an down, trying to find reason to call bluff. Eventually he crossed his arms. " Only your human form if you have. The shapeshifters curse still leaves the dragon free for life"

" No! I-" Shadows swarmed her vision as she clung to her fleeting boldness. " Don't use that excuse!"

" You fool..." He sighed. " I didn't want to do this yet but you need to think beyond yourself. It's time for you to wake up" The last words echoed and the world gained a surreal feeling. Before she could say another word, darkness swallowed her up leaving Death standing alone.

Warmth and cold surrounded her in the darkness but a new sensation rushed over her as if she was trying to claw herself from a deep sleep. Distant pain wracked her body giving a sense of direction. Among it was a strange sound like claws tearing at metal.

I see”, he said opening a portal and pulled kuroi out, “hope there’s space beside you. Gesh she was not tell me what she’s hiding”, he said setting her down on the bed “I saw what went on. Looks like I kept him waiting. Very rude of me”, he said covering her with a blanket, “pavol, keiran I don’t ask much from you...yeah I do... but now I ask you two to do this”, he said as two knuckle blades(blades attached to knuckles, “for keiran and for pavol”, he said taking out a sword from a portal. It was white with black designs on it, “one of my favorite swords. It works like a wand. It would help your fighting style. Direct mana through it. Both of you protect Inei and kuroi till they can protect you”

After that red circle appeared all around the castle, “sorry for keeping you waiting. I missed how time moves...also you mind telling the god of time to cool it..if there’s one”, his voice said around the castle directed at death. Tobi appeared behind him covered in dark mana her smile covering half her face like she was possessed

Tobi no. This is my fight. Also boys. I give you permission to use the webs”, shinigami said as he began walking into the wall. The wall removed itself brick by brick leaving space for him to go through. His wings appeared and he flew to the ground to face death, “since you broke through. Might as well say a few words”

Toni stayed behind then disappeared.

At first her body was like a shadow with black mist swirling around it. Form and color soon returned and she looked normal once more. The luminary boy stared at her until he heard his name.

Disbelief showed when he turned to see the weapons. The blade was gingerly taken and flipped over a few times. " You want ME to defend them?"

" That's what he said!" Keiran said as he snatched the knuckle blades and stared at them with fascination. " These are cool!" They were slid on his hands before he made a few punches to the air and giggled.

A skeptical glare was cast at Shinigami for a moment before Pavol held the sword up and gave it a few test swings. " Like a wand? No one will get past me" He turned his back and stared out the door, hiding a smile as he waited for his chance to prove himself.

Once he arrived Death summoned his weapon, a chain scythe. It was held securely as he raised his head. " Time is against all. Remember this next time" He said before taking a step forward.

A more critical eye studied Shinigami this time. " My daughter says she has given herself to you. I hope she's lying for all our sakes" With the snap of the chain spirits burst forth beneath the human, stealing away the immortality given by Kuroi. " Now fall and set things right"

Metal shrieked and burst startling Kuroi awake. She opened her eyes to a familiar yet wounded humanoid bird. " Nasr?"

" Yeah...now hold still" He reached forward to remove various tubes and needles from her. Once the last one was pulled he pried off the shackles holding her.

One step was made and she collapsed into his arms. " What's going on and where's Shinigami?" She said as she forced herself back up.

" I have no idea. Is this a dream or the real world?" He looked down the hall before helping her out. " If this reality then everything we knew has been a lie. I have not found him yet but I cannot find any humans"

Yeah no”, he said as webs began to form around the castle. One formed through deaths legs and a dagger appeared and cut his legs, “you seem weaker. Yeah sorry, immortality or not, you won’t be saved from me”, he said as mana burst forth from him. The webs became blood red, “I might not be up to your strength, but my weapon is”, he said as the sword rage gave him appeared and he slashed at a web. The slash disappeared and appeared from another web closest to death striking his shoulder

Ghastly laughter filled the air when the blade fell through his shoulder as he vanished. " Are you so sure?" His voice floated through the air.

Massive arachnids of another type, scorpions, appeared at the top of the webs. The stinger of each glowed with a different poison. One like blood, another of a ghostly blue, a third like ice, and a fourth of something truly putrid. Their tails struck at Shinigami like lightning while the chain scythe snaked around him from behind. It's cold metal fed off his life long before touching him.

No humans. It made sense but something about these cold halls left her uneasy. She rested her hand over his heart and listened carefully. " I can find him" After shoving off the towering valravn, Kuroi staggered down the hall.

" Wait!" He rushed forward and lifted her. " If this is reality he will kill me if anything happens to you and you look...well like death. Tell me where and I will carry you there"

Fear was clear in his eyes when she looked up but his tension was enough to betray his edge. " Alright but tell me...what have you seen?" She said as she pointed ahead.

Oh I’m sure”, he said blocking the sythe, “you don’t have permission to use my webs. Get off”, he said as the scorpions were sliced and their parts fell around. He kicked a tail towards where the attack came from and back away, “I think kuroi likes that trick too”

" How interesting" The scorpion shells melted into a living, glowing liquid. Anything near it was stripped of life. Clawed hands formed and reached for him, aiming to shove him down the throat of a hungry flower which opened it's mouth below.

Death appeared beside him and rested a hand on his shoulder. Despite the friendly stance and calm expression, icy spirit claws dug deep into his soul. " I doubt she's learned every trick" Pressure was removed as he prepared to tear Shinigami's soul from his body.

" It is like nothing happened" Nasr said as he started forward. " Most of the sunstone towers are still standing, Sonne roams with her followers, and the world feels darker" A metallic bang sent him scurrying into the shadows. He held her so tight that she could feel it beat. After a few minutes he carried on his way.

" Darker...what of the demons and gods?" She said. A new direction was pointed out when they came to a split.

" I have not seen the demons. Keiran's blood may be responsible for that" Cold, 'perfect' mana filled the walls of the place they headed towards, creating a dream-like feel. " The gods are here. This is not their realm but Nyctorans worship the god tied to their element. Lumerin is wounded but fighting. I got this far because of him"

The hum of foreign machinery and magic filled their heads while she took it all in. If this was reality then what were fathers planning to correct it? The sorrow in Death's eyes returned to her mind and she looked up to see an extravant wall...a mural. She had seen it before, ruined, but this was just a fragment. " In there"

" What!? I mean...shadows, sure I can walk through but-"

" Just go" She said curtly.

" Ok, ok" His eyes grew wide when he stepped through. It had to be nightmare, right?

Well. She tried that too. Tough she doesn’t like it”, he said as a paper flew between him and the slime. Out of it came flames that burned through it. The flames acted alive and sprung themselves at death, “yeah sorry my soul is her alone to take. Which one, I won’t say. By the way you do know you got closer to my sword right”, he says dropping the sword and the light guardian appeared caught it and swung it at death

No attempt to dodge was made and he watched the sword pass through him. It's very cut filled him with energy. " The guardians of old..." He said as a throne of bones and souls rose from the fire. The flames took a chilling color as he sat.

" You might be worth something after all. Alas you have already lost" He raised a hand to the sky and a light appeared which took the form of a gleaming thread. " I don't need to fight you"

The chain scythe was launched into the air and yanked back to sever Shinigami's life thread but blood rained upon the god and his throne. " What!?" He looked up to find another human hanging over the thread with the scythe in his back. Travis.

Hands of gold grabbed the lifeline as he lifted his head to smile at Shinigami. " Is it...to late...to be forgiven?" Blood dripped from his lips with each word.

" Eclipse born" Death grinned and pulled the blade through, taking the soul into his hand. It glowed like moonlight then vanished when he closed his hand around it.

" Put me down!" Kuroi shrieked as she squirmed.

" Easy there! You are still weak" He nearly dropped her the way she struggled. Despite her health, she still found the strength to get up an run towards the center.

Suspended within powerful magic was Shinigami, sleeping while his mana was being stripped and fed to something else. " Impossible..." She rested her hands on the base and stared up at him. Suddenly she was yanked away and held by dragon talons.

" You continue to cling to this stranger? Let the lie fade. He will never wake. Now come my wife. We have much to do now that you've woken" Warm breath flowed over her, forcing her into the dragon form.

" Wife!?" She turned to find the god of life resting his head over her shoulder. Was this the truth her father wanted her to see? But why did sorrow reside in his eyes?

" Wife my sorry ass!" Nasr cawed as he readied his talons. " That is my friend's girl you are messing with! I was promised a god's heart and I'll take yours on his behalf!"

" Try it, Valra" He sneered only to nudge her away.

Death HAD promised him a heart. She seemed in a daze while obeying Life's wishes. The heart, Enzo's words, Shinigami's promise...she knew how to wake him and smiled. " It's alright, Nasr. Find the others. I need a little time to catch up"

" Wait, what!? But he-" When he glanced towards Shinigami he saw Yuyami in the shadows holding a finger to his lips. Within his mind the god spoke. "He said to make them angry. I want to see what she does " Talons twitched a few times before Nasr cawed and faded into darkness.

Forgiven. He already got himself killed”, he said picking up the sword then threw it down, “there’s no point fighting you. I’ve done the same thing to kuroi show her all those openings but when she wins I do something ridiculous to make her lose”, he said as a portal opened above and different forms if weapons began falling through, “all this test. The god of life never get your approval your daughter didn’t either. You believe she’s not strong enough to be left alone. And all this is a little game to the bigger picture”, he said as mana filled the weapons and lightings struck, “if this is just a small part of the picture, I’m destroying this picture, then I’m moving on to the next picture. So if you’re not for me, move”. He said as chains wrapped around death throne and threw him down

Spirits rushed over to devour the chains. " You think charging forward with no plan will keep either of you alive!?" He growled as he got to his feet. " You're right there's no point in fighting me, however. I can never be harmed or killed thanks to my sphere. You, on the other hand..."

He raised his hand and made a fist, turning the lightning against Shinigami. " Your soul has belonged to me for a long time. My piece on the board" Energy reversed to draw mana away from him now. Siphoning it to whatever awaited beyond yet in the brief flash of lightning, a glimmer of his truth was revealed. " Don't make me regret my choice"

The sudden change in energy made Kuroi turn back around. She watched him with concern as larger amounts of mana were stripped. Life tucked his tail under her jaw and turned her to him. " What happened to catching up? He's nothing more than a dream, a lie" He said as he got close to her face and smiled.

" It's...hard to forget him. The dreams were...wonderful but that falls short" A gentle smile was on her face when she pulled away. Her tail swayed back and forth as she strutted about, holding the god's attention until it clicked what she said.

" You've fallen in love with a lie!?" He retorted and shook his head.

" Aw the poor baby is jealous" She returned to her human form and leaned against the base of Shinigami's prison with a smirk. How she rested there gave him a good view. " I can't help it. They were my life. Tell me...how did we get married? I don't remember"

" I took you for myself" He lowered his head and looked over her. " I took you as dragons do. Forceful, harsh..."

" Boring" She said sitting upright. " I would have remembered that. Sounds naughty and while we're so young?" Her gaze was lifted to Shinigami, smiling while recalling their dream.

A snarl broke the silence as Life snapped his teeth at her. " You...forgot!? St-stop staring at him like that! Look at me!"

" Jealous indeed" Her fingers hooked over her top and threatened to remove it. " If you want me to forget him then all you must do is claim my human form. Make it memorable this time, won't you?"

" I will" He said as he took a human shape. A fine form yet well built but not as muscular as Shinigami. He towered over her as she sat on the base. " Kneel"

For a moment she looked in his eyes, aware of what he wanted. To start this way made her heart race. Was it a poor choice? She did as he asked and looked up when he patted her head. " Good girl" Those words struck like a poison, more so when he removed his hand but a devious smile showed when she thought of what might happen when he woke.

He just stood there and watched death, “get this over with you’re wasting time”, he said yawning, “seriously be done with it. I have plans to do. Not like it would be real anyway”

Tobi’s voice whispered in kuroi ear, “you know he will kill you too”

" You're less aware than you make it seem" His glare became sharp and cruel as his hand was lowered to point at the human. " A shame when I expected one with your name to forge a bond in blood"

Black lightning tore through the sky to pierce Shinigami through the heart, or in reality Kuroi. It transformed into the chain scythe which Death pulled on with the force to split him in two. A dragon's roar prevented Shinigami's soul from finding the darkness of sleep but he could hear the sound of a chess piece getting moved on a board.

" I heard you were searching for these" The god said as he held up two glittering stones between his fingers. One was the most perfect alchemist's stone anyone could hope to find and the other...a special jewel for the ring. " A gift but you aren't ready for them yet. You have yet to fit your name and her sphere...Creator" He returned them to his pocket and turned away as the waking darkness swallowed Shinigami. A single rune stared the human down, 'Death'.

It felt as though had noose had been placed around her neck when Shinigami didn't wake. Tobi's words only pulled it tight. " Then I failed..." she whispered. " I had hoped..."

Her vision blurred when she lifted her gaze towards the god of life. Death's words to Shinigami echoed in her mind along with sound of the piece as life prepared to 'steal' her. "A shame when I expected one with your name to forge a bond in blood"

Blood...the scent filled her nose as pain erupted in her chest but something deep inside rose from his wounded heart. A glint of silver, a chilling scream, and the warm embrace of crimson life rejuvenated her weakened body. Her vision cleared and she found herself pressed against life with her scythe in one hand and a beating heart in the one hidden behind his ribs.

" Traitor...I'll make you...obey" He said as he grabbed her shoulders. His wounds began to heal but he tried to shove her away.

" I'll give him the heart of a god" The words were cooed into his ear and his heart caressed. Before he could respond, his essence was drained and used to heal Shinigami's heart. Extra was stored in her body, preparing her for a fate Elena would be sure to force if she knew.

Life roared and struggled to return to his dragon form. "Seems I win this round" Death's voice rang through the room just before the god of life crumpled to the floor. His heart was cut free and Kuroi staggered backwards, collapsing on Shinigami's prison.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus