Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" A little selfish? Perhaps...but thank you" There was no concern for his own well being as Kuroi was sure to return for her comforts.
Averin lowered the crystal towards Shinigami. The castle had quit moving and she would return soon.
Shinigami (played by Great7)

Ok then, since we are in this deal I guess we will deal with her together. Hopefully you picked a spell that won't make her too angry", he said taking the crystal and tried to look inside, "do I break in or what do I do"

" The spell cannot create or destroy a world so I believe you should be safe" He allowed his hand to manifest enough so it was visible. Two fingers were run along the crystal and stopped in the middle. A glow built underneath. " Simply touch the crystal and draw the mana out of it"

He did as told, "well I'm not I strayed in destroying the would",

" Destroying it? Do not blame yourself for the endless cycle born of an ancient war" The words were too familiar. As the crystal glowed, he began to wonder if such was the fate of those with grand power.

The crystal revealed it's secrets to Shinigami. It held the knowledge of how to summon grand beings and elementals that had been forgotten since the fall of the gods. Their power would be deemed god-like, a fragment of what the world once was. Details were not given as it requested that he choose a single entity.

This shouldn't be something that should be forbidden. It holds truth and knowledge", he said writing down what he saw, "tell me, please who are they"

The crystal responded to his first statement, revealing why it was forbidden. The beings were so powerful that with the weakened mana they grew mad and destructive, an illness in its own right. How they were sealed was a mystery but to summon them required much power and blood. If one was not immortal the risk of death was great. Should they survive then insanity and possession awaited those lacking the power to control them.

With that out of the way the beings were revealed. Like the Nyctorans, they were sorted by element. Some were mixtures that created unique beings capable of controling weather and nature itself. All were sentient be they humanoid or not. Children of the original race, children of the collective mana that forged the world.

This or amazing", he said going through the info, "I want go start practicing straight away"

" Practicing what?" A stern voice asked. Averin turned to see Kuroi standing in the doorway. One hand held the book that Nasr had stolen, with the other she clung to the Valra's choker. Magic flowed through it to prevent him from running away again.

Her eyes lit up with a bitter fury when she saw the crystal. " AVERIN!!" The crystal hit the ground hard when the ghost flinched. Before he could reply her icy glare was turned to Shinigami. " What is your reason this time?"

With what he had just gone through, Nasr cringed at the question. " Seems we both found trouble...who knew 'mothers' could be so scary..." He shifted his head to hide a tiny smile but she still glared at him for his joke.

" Please, my lady" Averin begged. " Were you not the one who su-" He swallowed hard when her gaze returned to him. " You have been alone too long. His power has proven to be almost on par with yours. Entrust these boys with the power and secrets they need to help you or all your sacrifices and your father's gifts will be for naught"

Don't worry about it averin, she won't listen to that", he said liking up from his notebook, "if you didn't say anything I could have said we were making ice crystals not that it will work. I made a deal with averin if he gives me the crystal. And I have to say, it's a deal worth made", he said revealed big the magic circle for the forbidden spell on a piece of paper he reaped out, "I kinda wondered why there are more demons. I see now. They aren't your brothers but they are born from that couple. Beast born if pure mana and will. That's why chaos has no physical body just wind"

" No, it would not have worked. She was the one who recorded the info in the crystals" The air became disturbingly still as Averin settled in for a most unusual discussion.

The blizzard returned to her eyes as she looked back and forth between Shinigami and Averin. " A deal worth making?" While she pondered it, his next statement abruptly pulled her thoughts in a new direction. A sharp pain dug into her gut as he explained the demons.

" Go on" Kuroi said nudging Nasr forward. He kept an eye on her as he slunk towards a chair and sat down. Even with the stillness, the energy she was exuding was getting chaotic while she looked at the circle. " I know exactly what they are! I have spent many lifetimes trying to get them away from the Nyctorans until I could..." She began pacing the room with her hands behind her back. His words had touched something, a secret that even she dared not face. " They keep dredging them up from the depths and...My weakness, my failure..."
Finally she stopped and turned towards him. What strength had been in her eyes was gone now. " That's why I....that's why..." The secret longed to escape but she turned her back and took a deep breath.

Nasr held a thoughtful scowl as he watched her hands tremble. A god so afraid? What was she trying to avoid telling them? How could a god fail and at what? She had mentioned that the demons forced her to be born too soon, bringing her closer to mortals. Was her power shattered as a result? As he thought, his talons begun to dig into the chair. Did a Luminary or some other tell the demons to force her birth? If so then it would only prove Shinigami's theory of a grand master beyond the high luminary. No normal Nyctoran, or any mortal, could have planned so perfectly whatever dark plan that far in advance.

well looks like you had your failures. Well you make failures no one is perfect", he said sitting down on the throne he made before the game, "I don't need to know about it right now. All I need to know is which ones should we keep from coming out. Someone or someone's of my might be researching them since they live forever but I have no need for them. I just need to know, who can we trust out of them and who can be controlled. If you say none then we will stop talking about them until they become a threat", he said putting the paper in the book. He noticed her shaking and it angered him, "what did they do to you "

" A god is perfect! I must be no different!" She whirled back around to face them. The sudden outburst made her pause. A few seconds passed before she grabbed her head with a hand and shifted back and forth. When her hand was lowered, the stoic pride had returned.

A new focus helped her calm more. Her own throne was hidden elsewhere so she grabbed a chair and sat in a noble way. " Many are dangerous and some can be used. One I bound to my power and locked in there" She motioned towards the box strung to Nasr's belt.
He looked down and remembered what all he saw in there. " So...that's what was chained in there..."

She nodded and tried to recall every one. " That one is called Void. He's very dangerous and tough to control" Each strap on her sleeves she tugged at to ensure they were snug. " Madness is another that must remain sealed but they released it already. It's impossible to control however, I've worked with my father to change that." She looked Nasr in the eyes now. The seriousness in her gaze caused him to shift uncomfortably. " The curse was placed on you because you were born during an eclipse. Greed desires the powers that you were gifted so please...don't hide them."

" ah ha, your joking right? Anyway the others?" He looked to the side with a coy grin. Being the center of attention always left him uneasy and now the thought of being a 'chosen one' made his spirit squirm.

Kuroi cut into her arm and used the blood to write on a piece of parchment. "I'm serious...but..." The thought was cast aside as she wrote the uncontrollable ones down. Madness, Weather, and Disaster were just a few. The controllable ones were next. Chaos, Disease, Fate, Abuse, and many others. Some listed were just mana beasts. Spirits rushed to her wound and healed it before she handed the list to Shinigami. His last question still needed to be answered.

She was young enough that some details of what they did were lost. " I have been through hell" She said summoning her scythe. Its details could be observed now, a bluish-black handle resembled a spine. At its base, dragon claws held a nebula gem. Cradling the silver blade was a metal dragon skull. " When I was...'born' to this world they tried parting my essence to create more demons. They failed but I embody Vengeance and Death now" She glared at her reflection in the blade but sorrow and pain still showed as the memories returned. "Vengeance was born through witnessing atrocities forced on others. Death woke through grisly experiments of immortality and godhood. They sought to steal mine... " The blade was lifted to her own throat as an example. Averin reached out to her knowing she struggled with more than she would admit. " That is not all, my lady. Compassion and Protection are also yours"

But what's the point of being a god if it hurts that much", he said looking over the list then broke the parchment, "Tobi copy them down", e said as to Tobi got the notebook and began to write down on it. He stood up slowly, "I see why averin decided to make the deal, in sorry for not seeing it sooner. Kuroi this will hurt your pride but I need you to promise me something. Never call yourself perfect cause you're not", he said walking over to her and took the sythe's blade and began to examine, "seems like your mistake was going after them alone. Don't worry, I'm going to make sure they wished they could die", on that note he sat down, "now then the stone"

How to answer that? She was god by birth and yet flawed because of how she was brought about. Her thoughts eventually found a small answer. "The pain may not exist in a perfect god..."

There it was again, the talk of a deal. She looked up at him before turning to Averin. " What did you do?"
The ghost gave a gentle smile. " No need to worry, my lady. I only seek your well being and happiness" Turning towards Shinigami now, he nodded. " She does well in hiding her weaknesses. You have no need to apologize"

Feeling her blade shift, Kuroi lifted her head. A bitter light, a 'how dare you' showed in her eyes but understanding muted it. The promise felt outlandish yet he was right about her mistake to fight them alone. Even she knew that. " Very well...I promise..." Her gaze turned towards the window. " That I will no longer call myself...perfect..." The handle of her scythe creaked when her grip tightened around it.
Nasr sat upright now. " I thought you sent Tobi to fetch that stone?"

OH that little bastard won't do it even if I asked him", he said as the book hit him in the head, " and I did promise someone that he could tag along with us to get it. So before we go there, I need to know the issues we will face", he said taking the book as Tobi began to mess up his hair, "also Tobi has to go back soon. I still need her alive"

Nasr stared at the sight before him. After a few moments later he busted up laughing. " That spirit of yours is feisty"

" Yes, but we have as much personality as the living" Averin said as he sat by Kuroi. He used his tail to grab a book and handed it her.

" True, which is why we treat you no different than the living. Now..." She opened the book and flipped through the pages. " The Cotricikal will have the best philophers stones. It will be best to approach an alchemist in a city since you are bringing the boy." Raising a hand, she pointed over her shoulder and Averin vanished. " Their breath is deadly and those in the cities wear masks. I must admit that time has developed them into a cool fashion statement" No emotion showed while she turned a page.

" Oh yeah, I've seen them. The city Raixi liked the masks enough to add they to their style too" The Valra leaned back enough where he looked like he would fall. " The Tribal Cotricikal have better alchemy skills which means better stones. I am the only one who could approach them without getting killed...unless you get some masks...I think" whether or not they worked the other way around was a mystery to him.

Nasr stared at the sight before him. After a few moments later he busted up laughing. " That spirit of yours is feisty"

" Yes, but we have as much personality as the living" Averin said as he sat by Kuroi. He used his tail to grab a book and handed it her.

" True, which is why we treat you no different than the living. Now..." She opened the book and flipped through the pages. " The Cotricikal will have the best philophers stones. It will be best to approach an alchemist in a city since you are bringing the boy." Raising a hand, she pointed over her shoulder and Averin vanished. " Their breath is deadly and those in the cities wear masks. I must admit that time has developed them into a cool fashion statement" No emotion showed while she turned a page.

" Oh yeah, I've seen them. The city Raixi liked the masks enough to add them to their style too" The Valra leaned back enough where he looked like he would fall. " The Tribal Cotricikal have better alchemy skills which means better stones. I am the only one who could approach them without getting killed...unless you get some masks...I think" whether or not they worked the other way around was a mystery to him.

I see then i will this said mask and do some business also we will make sone noide", he said as Tobi began to make braids of his hair, "then we need ti secure that boy well. I will put a spell that can take him away from any troubles. And I bet that man will be back. If I remember correctly he won't give up till he gets chaos", he said bringing out his notebook, "they know where we are so they will watch us as we leave. Then he will appear. We can't leave the valras here though so, Tobi pass me a book or something", he said getting tired of Tobi which angered him more cause return to the buckle, "and Nasr should wash up for this. I have my reasons"

With a nod Kuroi closed her book and stood up. " Very well. I shall prepare the balm or fluid needed to dissolve the poison" She lifted her head to see the braids. " Oh my...I don't believe Averin is so..."

" Obnoxious? Hilarious?" Nasr fell off the chair now as he laughed. " Some guys can pull off a braid but..." He took a few breaths to calm down then sat up. With a grin he looked at Shinigami. " A single braid in the back looks best" Cold metal on his arm made him look up. Kuroi stood over him and shook her head. " Focus now"

" Alright, alright...time to find Pavol then" As he got up the rest of the plan began to sink in. " Ferrin had Chaos, right? You cursed him so I bet he will send a lackey"
Kuroi let her scythe fade away as she headed for the door. " You are a warrior, I expect you show it against that Luminary. Prepare your kin, get cleaned up, and try not kill each other while I'm gone" She waved just before vanishing around the corner.

He turned back to his friend and bunched his own hair in his fists. " What plan requires me to get another bath so soon? I will smell like flowers by the time the High Luminary is dead!" The chair slid slightly when he slumped back into it. " It is not the bath I have an issue with just the smell"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus