Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Shinigami (played by Great7)

Then we need a guide" He said through the link then looked at the women looking at Nasr then motioned for them to come over, "pavol know your role you can look after we gain their trust. Of us all you're the most one likely to get in the fight. Also Nasr don't do anything to ruin this cover we can play later but not now. "
Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

The women were quick to respond. With smiles they strode over towards them.
Seeing that he had beckoned women caused Nasr's feathers to stand on end. He leaned down enough so he could speak softly" You do realize this could be a disaster for both of us right? Do not let them take hair or blood...just...no" With a dark secret in his mind it took every drop of strength to regain his composure.

The girls left little opportunity for Pavol to prepare. " What can we do for you boys?" a red haired girl asked, flipping her hair over her shoulder.
One with steely blue hair reached up and grabbed Nasr's beak. She pulled his head down and ran her hand across the top of it. " I bet this Valra is just too shy and needed his friends to say hi to us" a deep caw of protest reverberated behind his closed beak.

The last one circled Shinigami, looking him over until she saw Pavol. Her eyes lit with fire. " Ew! You brought a city luminary here? You're spies aren't you!?" Such a reaction helped snap the boy into his role. He staggered backwards with a few forced breaths. " what are you talking about? What did I do? I don't know what's going on!"

The haired one maintained elegance while looking over the boy with a critical eye. " Spies or new slaves...the boy is young yet..." She trailed in her thoughts for a brief moment before looking back at Shinigami. " Well? Which is it?"

Calm down te boy doesn't know what he is", he said bringing pavol to his side, "I hear a valuable merchant resides in the middle of this town and., please don't do that to my guard his know for swallowing children.., as I was saying we need a guide the center. We can pay you for your help", he said as he brought out a gold bar and a hair that was dark, "we have more if you want", he said to them, "kuroi why is Nasr afraid", he asked through the link

Two of the girls stared at the wide eyed boy for an unsettling amount of time. Slowly he tried to shrink towards the ground. " Why are they looking at me like that?"
Finally the red head nodded though remained stern. " If you're lying about this kid, we will turn the city to stone"

The steely one turned Nasr's head from left to right, looking for something. " Your a vicious Valra?" She let go of his beak the instant he displayed his talons. " Well, geeze! You really should lighten up. A family would be good for you..." She stepped back and sized him up. " But there isn't a woman on Nyctoria who will accept a child eater. Hmph!" She crossed her arms and lifted her nose to the air.

A glimmer of thanks showed in his eyes as he stood back up. He brushed off his beak and used a wing to shove her back. Then the sight of a strand of hair against the gold replaced relieve with worry. He lowered his head by Shinigami's and spoke softly. " Reconsider the hair, sir"

The girls had already seen it though and were grinning ear to ear. The red haired one reached out to take them. " To the center of the city you say? Add a one feather and you have a deal" Time ceased to exist for Nasr as ice crawled through his veins. Though he kept his strong stance, his feathers began to fluff again.

From their shadows Kuroi cringed. "There's a tight social relationship between Valra and Cotricikal. In short the two races can provide for one another. The bond can grow deeper." She watched the three girls before saying more. "What he fears are the hybrids of Cotricikal and Valra. It's impossible for Cotricikals to cross with any race due to their...unusual situation but rumors exist that their alchemical skill can get around this."

A feather would be nice to have on me but, how about I give it to you at the end, he can always find one for you", he said pointing at Nasr, "oh you don't his, they're too exceptional an I believe would spoil what you're trying to do. Wait let me check my pockets again and there", e said pulling out a white feather from his pocket, "kuroi, I need Nasr in my shadow, tell him what to do if they refuse the feather"

The one that noticed Pavol crossed her arms. " How could his feathers be too exceptional? It sounds stupid!" The steely one smiled when the white feather was presented. " I don't want his feathers! This one looks nice" She reached out only to have her hand slapped away by the red head. " I make the final decision!" She looked over the white feather carefully before glaring at Pavol who was trying to slink away.

" It doesn't look like a luminary feather. Is this the feather of a white Valra?" Her gaze shifted back towards Nasr. He had moved into Shinigami's shadow now. Deep inside a silent plea for the feather to be accepted was made. It's power great enough that he nodded his head. Despite it he had a feeling that it was nothing more than a robin feather.

" Seriously!? I bet they are lying. Just turn it down!" The third one reached out to steal one of Nasr's feathers but he caught her wrist.

Steely stepped forward again. " White Valra feathers are way more valuable. Ignore her and take it!"

Having enough, the red head raised her hands to silence them. Her look was fierce as she looked at Shinigami. " Well?"

I see this is troubling. I don't have feathers on me", he said checking around, "well I guess we are asking some young girls next time. Sorry to bother you. You can keep the gold. You're worth more than it", he said then looked at Nasr and put pavol on his shoulder, "also where can one sell some unicorn blood. I hear merchants are eager to do a good deal for it. I need to sell my spare supply"

" That's it!? Feathers aren't-oww! What was that for?" The red head gave her complaining friend a stern look. " Don't poison the gift. We are leaving" She smiled with pride at Shinigami. " Much appreciated. Ta-ta"

A great weight fell off Nasr as they walked away. To keep his mind sane, he immediately focused on the next question. " Any alchemist will pay well for unicorn bl-"
The feisty Cotricikal returned as though she had forgotten something important. Her delicate talons dug a little into Shinigami's arm. " Unicorn blood you say? If you want to get the best deal you need to know where to look" Deviousness filled her eyes as she looked over them all. " I will show you where in trade for one vial"

Things were starting to feel a bit off. Nasr stepped between her and the others. " And my charge's life. You speak of the black market" He wasn't very loud but was loud enough for his friend to hear.

She brought her hand up to say "Shh" though she acted like nothing had been said. " An impressive guard you have to have knowledge there. If his fighting skills are good then you have nothing to fear. Do want a good price or not?"

No, what I wanted was info on the people here", he said, "a black market sounds like fun but it's not something we want to deal with", he said then looked at Nasr, "we are going now", he said to him, "Tobi found the way to the center.", he said via link, "anyway enjoy the hair, it's yours", he said walking away

" Info on us!?" The feisty one looked over all of them with suspicion, especially Pavol. She stared down Nasr, who stayed longer, before bolting off with the hair.

When she was out of sight, he turned and caught up. " You gave them hair? I hope you have no regrets about that..."
Pavol snickered as he watched Nasr look about. " You're paranoid now. "

" Enough!" Kuroi snapped. " Let Nasr watch, it helps fill his role. You kid need to keep acting clueless. We have only begun"

Wow you guys don't get it. Remember the girl with the black hair. Tobi got a strand of it. That's what's I meant that it's hers. It's literally her hair", he said tapping his head then brought out a compass, "I knew something was wrong when Nasr was paranoid and Tobi knew I would do something like that. He got thugs ready. It's called stealing someone's gold then selling it to him. Old trick", he said grinning as Tobi moved the red point of the compass to show the way, "now I want to see what happens when she uses the hair. And hopefully Tobi didn't auctually use me hair. That guy would do that.., he won't"

Nasr slumped forward in defeat, clawed at his beak, then stood back up. " I know I am too edgy now. I should have seen the trick..." Feathers flew when he shook off the extra stress. Kuroi did her best to pull them into the shadows. " Which is why I told you two enough. Keep the act up and watch for Luminaries"

" Hey!" The boy glared at the shadows below. " What about-" Nasr covered his mouth quickly. " You don't know what you are, remember?" To prevent suspicion, he fell back a few paces. A tiny smirk showed while he thought of the trick. If was truly the hair of the Valra they ran into before then those girls would be furious. " I say prepare for company but if Tobi pulled a fast one on you then you are so screwed"

They would find as they progressed that the warm light from fires was replaced by a green glow from venom lamps. Basic stalls would give way to actual stores, the architecture more refined, and beautiful but very unusual gems decorated the place. The strangest change was that the population became unbalanced towards the center. Males were a common sight and adult females were rare. The area was peaceful though and even cheery with laughter in the air.

Ok kuroi is getting a little annoyed", he said as he looked around, "it's bad there are not much women around here.", he said still walking, "Nasr act tough. The men will try to protect the small amount of women they see as theirs."

The corners of his mouth lifted only for him to stifle a laugh and lift his head. His feathers rested against him nicely with the tension fading away. " We are perfectly fine"
Pavol looked around and shivered at the sight. He lowered his head despite the fact that none of the men seemed to mind their presence. Some nodded or raised their hand in acknowledgment. " Nasr...this is creeping me out. It's like the opposite of my kind which proves what you told me..."
The Valra glanced at the boy before looking ahead. " You know nothing and will say nothing, hydra"

The top of a giant crystal could be seen over the buildings. A thick green mist poured from it. " The fountain is there" Kuroi said. " The poison is stronger there. If you need another potion let me know"

Ok. Nasr go scout and come back. Kuroi provide a portal to my bag at a ready", he said then walked in. He put pavol down and asked kuroi, "where is she then", through the link

" Good thing I have wings" He took his raven form and flew off.
From the shadows, Kuroi set up magic tags so a portal could be opened rapidly. "The Matriarch should be just past the crystal. A castle is carved in the shadows of the cave. It's easy to miss so look for the poison falls. The alchemist should be in the castle too"

Pavol pressed his back to the wall. He had noticed the change in attitude many Cotricikal had when they saw him. Glares, whispers to others, and a few running off with a purpose. He mumbled to himself as he slid to the floor. "I'm just a kid...why do they hate me?"

They will hate you more if they hear of what you did", he said as he brought him closer to himself and walked to the place given. He reached it and looked around, "ok I'm here, i guess I should knock"

On either side of the door were statues of guards. Two proved to be more as they stepped down from their pedestal and approached. These Cotricikal did not wear masks.
From the shadows above, two more guards, Valra this time, glided down. They landed before them and grabbed Pavol. " Now their sending kids? Kill him!" The Valra grabbed the boy's mask and the Cotricikal guards ran around to confront Shinigami.

" Help!! I didn't do anything!! " He flailed about in their grip. A nightmare made real with Valra pulling the mask towards his chin. Another burst from the darkness with an aggressive caw, knocking the Valra guards aside. Blood spotted over Pavol's shoulder before he hit the ground. He quickly put the mask back in it's place and whimpered while feathers flew behind him.

In reached my last nerve on this town", he said as todo brought pavol to him. Rages aura slip off and began to malt the ceiling drop lava on the guards, "come on piss me off again, I dare you. No I double double dare you", he said with a face that showed his mood, "you touch me or him another time and I won't just burn you, I will make sure the heat turn you to statues. I don't want to kill valras but with my mood right now I will do it before the sun blinks. Where's the one you're supposed to be protecting on which you are doing such a bad job at"

The Cotricikal guards jumped over the railing to the poison streams below to cool the lava. A familiar shriek rang out from the darkness along with the screams of the Valra guards. One was tossed into a statue which crumbled on top of him. The other was tossed into the railing by Shinigami. Surprisingly the lava hadn't touched him.

He used the railing to struggle back to his feet. His breaths were heavy and he reverted to his human form. Claws of shadow gripped at his neck moments before a smoking Nasr appeared. " I really hate having lava dropped on my head from my friend. Answer him or deal with two demons today" Tormented spirits danced about in the claws that he raised to the guards face.

The guard trembled before them then looked up. The feather pattern in the hair, he had seen it before. " N-Nasr?" He choked out.

" Who the hell...what?" Nasr tipped his head slightly. How did he know his name? He shook his head and tossed the guard into the door using darkness to augment his strength. " Do not change the subject!"
The guard hit the door hard enough to spit blood. Resting his head against the door, he watched the three. Finally he nodded. " Alright...I'll take you to her...but the Luminary stays here..." He got to his feet and pulled the door, straining under it's weight and his wounds.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » To Find the Forbidden Secrets(2B Cntinued & mved )

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus