Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

Her attention snapped forward at the voice, for she was clearly startled by it. "Escaping? To hell with-" Ezra bit her tongue, shutting her eyes tightly before taking a breath. "Look, sir, I can't. I won't. The last time I tried 'escaping' I nearly died, and that chased me all the way to.. here, wherever the hell here is. So, let's cut to the case, why don't we?" Her glare returned to the man. "What do you want from me?"
Vladimir Dyukov (played by Major_payne25)

The man chuckled and sat down.. “foolish child if it were that simple I would’ve had it... you see we need you to infiltrate the Templar’s...”

Her hand twitched. "I am not a child, to begin with, nor am I a fool of any sorts. So, I suppose your soldier has told you I have access to the them, hm?" She sighed, swaying her head back in order to move the stray hair from her eyes. "And what if I refuse? Are you going to kill me? That.. threat seems acceptable, by now."

“No no but we will kill her...” the man said as he pointed to the mirror which revealed on the other side was a civilian girl about 8 years old being held at gunpoint “how much do you figure her life is worth eh?” The man said with an evil smirk

Ezra jerked forward, her eyes wide. "Don't do anything to her." She squirmed in the seat, trying to remove the handcuffs despite knowing they wouldn't budge. "What the hell do you want me to do? Give you the plans? I have those. I made them. If they follow through with them, I'll know exactly where they're going. Just.. don't hurt her."

The man chuckled again “and thats why you’re cuffed...” He I cuffed her hands and handed her a pen and paper “now give us the plans...”

The woman paused, furrowing her brows as she glared at the man. Though, she had to give him some slack. He had a point. "The plans.." Look at the mess you made this time, Paola. How are you going to get out of this one? She scoffed at herself. "..because I know them.." If it weren't for her non-stop panic, perhaps she wouldn't have been here in this moment. Perhaps she wouldn't have marched out of the warehouse. Heck! Perhaps she wouldn't have shot herself in the foot! What a fool she was.

And she claimed she wasn't!

Her gaze drifted to the girl, and she bit her lip. If she died, then it would be Ezra's fault. Kancha all over again. "What happens to me after I give you the plans? What happens to the girl? And the Templar's?"

“The templars will be lulled and the girl will be set free...” the man leaned forward his breath stunk of alcohol and cigarettes “so give us the plans...”

She sighed, turning her face to her left. Her nose scrunched. "Fine. It's.. It's a deal." Ezra exhaled, lifting her finger to the man's forehead. She pushed him back gently, but in a harsh 'get-out-of-my-face' kind of way. She picked up the pen and redrew the map. The only difference was the fact that it was in black and white due to the fact she was not using parchment paper and a quill as she had before. She slid it across the table. "Do I need to explain?"

Ezra's Map: Y'know. The Second One.

pcJFGvd.jpg

(( again amazing drawing skills lol )) “no... this will do...” the man said as he took the paper and rebuffed her hands the little girl came through the door to the room they were in “Ah come here little one..” the girl slowly stepped towards the man and he put his arm around her neck and put a revolver to her head the girl screamed but the man held her in place

"Wait!" Ezra leaned forward again, pulling her hands against the cuffs. "You- You said you wouldn't hurt her if I gave you- The plans! I gave you what you wanted, didn't I? Let her go!" The woman took a deep breath. "Let her go. Let her go, and you can shoot me, instead. I'll shoot myself, if you wish. I don't care what happens to me, but if she's alright, then it's.. it's fine. Just- please- let her go." (( Thanks! ;) ))

“I said she would be free... but my definition of free is just simply free from mortality...” He smiles wickedly as he pulled the trigger and let her body fall on the table “I hope your happy with yourself ms. Marlowe...”

The edges of her eyes swelled with tears. She could not cry. Not now. "Mrs. Marlowe," Ezra mustered through her shaky voice, keeping her head down. She didn't want to look at the table. She couldn't. "If you're going to disrespect me like.. this, at least call me by the proper title, will you? And I am anything but happy with myself." She dared to look up, her eyes puffy and slightly red. "I want to help you, sir. I want to help myself. Let me explain the plans, just once? I think it will be of assistance to you. Then, when I am finished, you can do whatever you please. It's a good deal, on my end.."

“Fine... explain them then...”

Ezra sighed, closing her eyes to recall what she had drawn. "Well, the squares are where the base of the Templar's is located, and where they are trying to go. There's a small path behind the forest that isn't too far from their warehouse, and that is their escape root since not many of you guards seem to be there. The circles symbolize where your guards seem to gather or patrol the most, and the X's mean that's.. where a few of the Templar's soldiers will try to strike yours. They can't afford to be chased after, and they want the possibility of being followed slim. Very slim." She took a breath. "The line in between the two squares demonstrate the path that they will take in order to get to the pathway." The woman opened her eyes and rose a brow. Her gaze avoided the table and the poor girl. "Do you understand, sir?"

“Yes.. yes I do... well you’ll get prime view of what happens..” the man again flashed his sinister grin as a Cart full of small Tv’s which appeared to be different cameras around the city showed civilians being round up and killed and other horrible sights rolled in through the door... “I’ll leave you to it...” the man said as he left the room just Ezra and the gory and stomach churning scenes before her...

This was her fault.

Was it?

It most likely was.

Ezra was breathing heavily as her eyes set on the TVs. "I gave you what you wanted.. Why are you doing this?" She couldn't look away. Why couldn't she look away? "Just let me go. End it. 'Free me from mortality'. Just.. don't let me know this.. this is happening." She nodded her head towards the screen, wincing as another group was in the process of being rounded up. The woman jerked her head to the right, finally able to break her stare from the frightening scenes. She locked her eyes on the floor. Guilt and panic began building in her chest. What could she do? What was there to do? She had given people what they wanted, and she ended up here, the midst of Hell.

Well, not exactly. The plans Ezra had given the man with the slick black hair were not entirely true, but it would give the Templar's a challenge, dare they go against what she had told them to do. This way, they should have a bit of an easier time making it back to the facility. She prayed this would work, though she only made it through a sentence before she paused. The last time she prayed to be set straight, she ended up killing off the poor civilian girl due to her panic. What good was praying now?

The sound of vehicles revving up could be heard as the TV’s flickered to show tanks driving to the locations she highlighted running over people entirely and flame trooper Uniates burning some alive.... these men were truly evil....

Guilt pang throughout the woman's mind. She had highlighted main points in the town, hadn't she? And civilians were resting in wait of their fate, weren't they? She felt sick. Turning sharply in her chair, Ezra jerked her hands upwards in attempt to somehow loosen the cuffs around her wrists. She tried avoiding her stare from the screens, but, if and when she turned, her eyes would lay on the innocent girl that was most likely watching in shame from above. The redhead sighed. She tried moving forward one last time before accepting that this was the mess she created, and she couldn't change that. No matter how intelligent she was made out to be, she couldn't fix this.

The Tv’s turned to static and loud booms and gunfire could be heard outside as the city wide speakers changed their song: https://youtu.be/eqgQ3rKX6QY

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus