Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

A grin creased her lips. She understood the pleasure of winning well, but she told herself multiple times not to let that get the best of her. "Ah, I see. Perhaps I'll keep that in mind," Ezra tore down the map from the wall, placing it on the table. She paused. Sliding a chair out from underneath the table, the woman stood on it, looking down on the map. "Well, why not? My guess is that most of the guards will be stationed somewhere along the border, or somewhere near these positions. But, after all, it is just an estimated guess."
Templar squad alpha (played by Major_payne25)

“So then why are we going to the most guarded areas?” Rick asked as he lit a cigar and offered Ezra one by holding it out to her

She scrunched her nose to the slightest. "No thank you, sir.." Ezra muttered, folding her arms. "Well, John brought it to my attention that perhaps in order to get back to the facility, we might need to rid of the guards here." The red-head looked down at Rick, shifting her position on the chair slightly. The only reason she remained standing on the chair was due to the fact she rather enjoyed feeling tall, and it helped her see the map from a different angle. But she did, in fact, love being taller than usual. "And I believe if your men head to the guarded areas, we'll be able to defeat most of the guards located there. Of course, like I said before, this is just a small, estimated guess. It's quite risky, if we think about it. But isn't this whole situation risky?"

“Indeed it is...” Rick said with a smirk as he got up and got Ezra down from the chair “and that’s why everyone is helping..” he said as he threw her a rifle “there will be no excuses... me and Selena will be helping too... and even John so whenever you’re ready let’s move”

"No excuses," The woman echoed, her wide-eyed stare on the weapon she held. It felt heavy and immense in her shaky hands. She continued to mutter to herself. "It's just an excuse. This isn't real, Paola. It won't hurt anyone if you don't use it. It's just an excuse." The red-head looked up once more, a forced smile on her expression as she lowered the gun. "I'll follow your lead, I suppose." She smiled. "Don't ever expect to hear that again, though. Take advantage of your chance while you have it."

“Right.... but before we go I’m going to have you shoot a full mag for practice and see how good your aim is... it’s for not only for our safety but yours as well... so come on..” he put his arm over her shoulder and lead her to a room that was long and set her at a white line painted on the floor “shoot those and then we’ll leave...” he said with a smirk pointing to 5 glass plates sitting on small stands

Ezra grinned hastily and in pure vexation. "Sir, I really don't think this is necessary." It was panic that lingered, not death. "I don't need.. I don't want to be able to do this anymore than I do. It's been quite the while since I've held a weapon and I don't plan to change that." She cleared her throat, gesturing to the plates. "Those are complicated. This-" She rose the gun. "Is complicated. I am a simple person." Sighing, Paola furrowed her brows. Her gaze was blurry, so she shut her blind eye with a small curse beneath her breath. "I, I'm afraid, am rather simple." The gun fired. One plate shattered. "I don't use weapons, for starters. Not anymore." The sound replayed. Click-a-pow. Cl-Clatter. "I have my reasons for refusing violence. For example, it's wrong. It destroys and toys with the mind." Click-click-plow. Sh-Clatter. Two plates fell. One remained. She paused, lowering the gun. "I feel like I have shown you my capabilities, haven't I? So, I'll follow you whenever you're ready."

Right well played are one thing but fo you have the stomach to kill?” He gestured to 2 of his soldiers who dragged out a soviet soldier strapped to a chair as the moved him to the center of the room “now shoot him...”

Ezra turned, her eyes wide. Panic had a hold of her now. It was dragging her beneath the murky waters of fear, drowning her beneath her worries. "Excuses." She stated, putting the gun on the ground. She sighed, kicking it so it slid across the floor. "No. Why would I kill him without reason to?" Slowly, Ezra stepped past the white line that marked where she should be, her hands folded behind her back. She approached the soviet soldier, a small smile spreading her lips. "Hello, sir. I'm Paola Ezra Marlowe. I see you have been.. kidnapped, much like I, in a way?" The woman nodded, her stare drifting to the two soldiers holding the soviet man. "Well, if you would like to now, I refuse to end a life without a reason to, and it has to be a good one, at that. So, sir, what have you done?"
Vladimir Dyukov (played by Major_payne25)

Vladimir struggles in the chair he knew the woman wouldn’t understand russian so he spat out the only English he knew “No I keep gun!”

Her eyes widened. "No. You can't kill him." The woman turned on her heels, glaring at Rick. "You can't. What has he done? Is it just because he's on the opposing side? Is that your only reasoning?" She scoffed, walking towards where she previously stood. Straightening her posture, Ezra stood directly in front of Rick. "If we keep him alive, I know how to make him useful. He could be of use in the future. Not only to me, but to you, as well. So, how about it? We keep him alive, and I promise he'll have importance to us later on. Does that sound fair?"

“Like what?” Rick asked with a raised brow “how can we use him?”

"That would ruin a good surprise, wouldn't it?" Ezra smirked, looking over her shoulder to gaze at Vladimir. "I believe he's a close soldier of a general I happened to.. run into previously. If we happen to get to the point of being caught, we can use him for manipulation. An exchange. If whomever disagrees, then I'm sure you understand what happens?" She turned back to face Rick, the guilt building in her chest.

“Shhh shush!” Rick said pushing his finger to her lips as he looked up at the ceiling of the warehouse “you hear that??...” he said as a faint buzzing like far away plane engines could be heard and then they suddenly cut off “my god... Selena what time is it?!?” Rick shouted Selena looked at her watch “Midnight...” Rick took off his sunglasses his eyes wide with fear “Night witches...” he fearfully whispered as loud booms could be heard around them causing the ground to shake and the lights to flicker

"What the hell are Night Witches?!" Ezra looked up as well, confused and panicked. Yet again, her blind eye was only a weakness, but that wasn't as surprising as the rumbling of the Earth and quivering lights. Her gaze drifted to Vladimir, then to Rick and Selena ( and which she also noticed the two haven't been seen apart ), and to the lights once more.

Suddenly the explosions stopped and the engines roared away “the night witches are the most elite Soviet night bomber unit.... it’s comprised of all female pilots and crew genes the name night witches...” Rick put back on his sunglasses “you see why we have to kill them all now?... they are monsters... and we are the monster hunters...”

She stood silent. Her lips parted, but the words didn't fall until she had something that would most likely make sense. "Tiocfaidh Karma dóibh nuair a bheidh an t-am ceart." Ezra sighed, shaking her head. "Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who has yet to understand Irish, so I will explain." The red-head cleared her throat, stepping back so she was facing the same direction as Rick. "The Soviet soldier. You wished for me to kill him, did you not? You see, if I did so, Kancha- Karma- will no longer come after him, but it will come after me. Karma will come when the time is right." Ezra glanced at the man beside her, folding her hands. "Do you see my point?"

“Hmmmm...” Rick stared at her puzzled “no I don’t... so here” he handed her his pistol and duct taped it to her hand so she couldn’t take it off and set her right in front of the Soviet “now... pull the trigger..” the Soviet struggled in the chair “pozhaluysta, ne strelyayte! U menya yest' sem'ya!” He yelled which translates to “please don’t shoot! I have a family!”

Ezra shook her hands twice in attempt to see if the gun was in place, and, indeed, it was. She took a breath. "Ná labhair aon olc, ná héist aon olc, agus bí mar chuid d’aon olc." It was a small prayer she had heard as a child, yet she was now fully comprehending it. 'Speak no evil, hear no evil, and be part of no evil'. Her voice was quiet yet strong, but she knew what she said by this point would not change the man's mind.

So, she pulled the trigger.

Only, she had whirled around in attempt to hit the last plate she hadn't shot, but she was the one who ended up in pain. While she tried turning around, the gun fired and the bullet raced through the air, only to hit her foot. Ezra's eyes widened, and the shock was what overwhelmed her, not the pain. But the agony was quick to settle in. In order to keep herself from wailing, she bit her tongue and shut her eyes tightly, her breathing heavy. She eventually lowered her self to the floor, unable to do anything due to the gun being tied around her hands. "Karma." It was the only word that could be heard between her heavy breaths and curses.

“Dammit! Get the bastard back to his cell!” Rick yelled “get me a medic bag!” One of the soldiers rushed over with a medical bag and without delay Rick took out a turnaquet in order to cut off circulation to her foot

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus