Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

Awkwardly fumbling with the weapon for a moment, Ezra looked around before nodding firmly. She followed John a moment after he left the tent. Though, she did have the urge to scurry under the tent once again and hide from the outer problems. The woman took a deep breath and shook her aching head. That's ridiculous, she thought to herself, for you have set yourself into this endless game and events, and you must move forward in order to beat it.
Templar squad alpha (played by Major_payne25)

A streak of napalm dropped in between the 2 men and Ezra separated them “go down the alleyway we’ll meet you on the other side!”Rick yelled but as Ezra ran down the alley a building collapsed behind her and the Russian man when she spared walked in from of her and aimed his kaleshnikov at her

As she was briskly making her way down the alleyway, Ezra took a deep breath as she squinted. The figure appeared before she could fully take in what had happened in the past few moments, and it was a handful of minutes before she realized that the man was one she possibly knew. She went speechless. Her stare drifted to the weapon he held, and then to the one she tightened her grasp on. Her fingertips brushed against the cold metal. "I'm hoping we have the chance to talk this out?" With shaky hands, the redheaded woman lifted her gun and rose a brow. She managed to keep a straight face, despite the panic rising in her chest.
Vladimir Dyukov (played by Major_payne25)

“Nyet” the man said blankly as he fired from the hip

"Holy shit-" The words flew from her mouth before she fully had the time to understand what the obnoxious gunfire meant. Despite the shock overwhelming her at first, the agony of being shot in the thigh quickly arrived. The redhead doubled over, falling first on her knees and then on her side. One hand clenched around the wound while the other grasped the metal of her gun. Her gun. She lifted it, squinting. With a deep breath, Ezra placed one finger on the trigger and fired.

“Ah blyat!” The man yelled as he clenched his shoulder she had shot his hand which was holding the rifle but still he ran towards her pulling out his knife

Forcing herself to her feet once more, Ezra gritted her teeth as she attempted to put any and all weight onto the leg that wasn't injured. She looked around briskly. She had no weapon to defend herself with, and there was no way she could possible scale up a building as she had done before. Well, I did not spend my years in military institution for nothing, She hissed at herself. The gun had too much of an impact and would more than likely blow her backwards when fired, and she wouldn't risk missing her second shot. The woman recoiled with a few stumbles, picking up a piece of rubble from the fallen building and swinging it towards the Russian with the blade.

She knocked him on the head and when he swing to the side he fell on his own blade stabbing his heart and killing him

What are you doing, Paola?

The woman looked at her hands, and then back at the soldier. She sighed. Clenching her fists, Ezra began making her way past him quickly. She had made sure to keep the gun in her grasp, just in case something else were to happen. Though, she seemed to make it out of the alleyway in one piece, at least. Well, almost. Her leg was aching beyond her control, and, as soon as she exited the alley, she leaned against a building and slid onto the ground. It gave her a moment to recollect herself. The redhead felt her thoughts quiver as the newly made memory, but she wasn't as shaken as she thought she would be. Looking around, Ezra took a deep breath. She managed to muster a small, helpless shout, "John? Rick?"

John and Rick ran towards her and helped her up “what happened?” Rick asked

The woman simply shrugged, flinching as she stood up once more. "That soldier- the one you told me to kill, Rick- he came around and found me, I suppose. I don't think he speaks English very well, so I believe we had a bit of a misunderstanding?" It was an excuse, if anything, but it gave her a reason to put a harsh smile on her face.

“Ha told ya to kill him and look what he did to ya!” He said pointing at the wound in her thigh “he got ya good...” John said as he carried her to the medical tent Rick ran off telling John to make sure she’s ok

Sending a slight glare and a scoff Rick's way, Ezra muttered, "I think the consequences would have been worse if I had killed him, personally. But, it's fine, now." She tilted her head at him. "He's dead. Just like you wanted." She shut her eyes tightly, gritting her teeth as her head throbbed.

When she spoke again, Ezra was directing her words towards John, "And, I agree. Though, what he did was needed in order to snap me back into my senses. I realized there is no possible way to get through this.. this mess without loosing a life. Whether if it's someone who is on our side or not." She rolled her shoulder back slightly.
D-4859 (played by Major_payne25)

John set her down on the table “ok now this’ll be extremely painful for a few seconds but it’ll numb your entire leg so I can get the bullet out ok?” He held out his hand “you can squeeze my hand if itll help ok?”

The woman sighed, nodded firmly, but hesitated to take his hand. She drew a sharp breath and leaned her head against the table. "Honestly, I think I've done this to myself," Ezra admitted blankly. "All of the events happening is like a giant.." She struggled to find the word as she shut her eyes in order to think. "-a giant paradox, if that's the right term. It's all absurd until one realizes its reality, and, therefore, they struggle to wrap their head around it." Her brows furrowed and she mustered a weak laugh. "Or perhaps I'm just putting too much thought into it, which wouldn't be surprising."

John didn’t understand any of what she said so he shrugged it off and grabbed the needle “ok here we go..” he said as he jabbed it into her leg pushing the plunger all the way down the pan hit her like a wrecking ball it was a sharp pain like beating stabbed all through her leg

Immediately, Ezra's grasp tightened around John's hand. The redheaded woman bit back a scream, though she did yell a few words, some of them in another language. "Cac! Why in all of the glorious things above does that cause more pain than the actual bullet?!"

As the pain subsided her leg went numb and John put on some gloves and went into the wound with some tweezers to get the bullet “oh I forgot to tell you I’m about 10 minutes one of the side effects will kick in the formula causes a high dose of dopamine with a bit of an aphrodisiac... it’s meant to help the patient feel relaxed during the operation” John continued to poke around the wound looking for the bullet

Ezra bit her lip, thinking for a moment. Her eyes widened to the slightest, and she rose an eyebrow. "Dee, how do you forget something like that?" She blinked. "I mean that in a non-sarcastic way, of course.. Do you understand what that does- or, rather- can do?" The redhead queried after drawing a quick breath. "It's still helpful, nonetheless, but still.."

“Well it’s a newer one of our pain killers oh wait..” he said looming back at the vial “this one is apparently an experimental variant with increased dopamine and aphrodisiatic properties...” he looked at Ezra with wide eyes and cuffed her hand to the exam table “just for my safety and yours... he said as he went back to operating and pulled out the bullet “and to answer your question no I don’t know what that stuff does I just assumed it was fancy talk for pain killers..” he shrugged

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus