Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Paola Ezra Marlowe (played by AmberShades) Topic Starter

Despite the tears swelling in Ezra's eyes, she managed a harsh, weak laugh. "Well-" She took a breath. "-I suppose.. this lets you learn a thing or two about me. I care too.. too much about others, and, as I said before, violence is not my strongest quality."
Templar squad alpha (played by Major_payne25)

Rick practically ignored her as he pulled out the bullet with a pair of tweezers and he wrapped the wound in a bandage “you my friend... are a terrible shot” he said with a half sarcastic and half sympathetic grin

The woman winced, clicking her teeth as she shut her eyes again. "Not a terrible shot, but a good person," She corrected, returning the grin. For a moment, she looked like a child. Her eyes opened, full of curiosity. Her voice softened. "Why.. did you want to kill him?" She took a breath. "Why did you want me to kill him?"

“It doesn’t matter really... he was one of them... so he was supposed to die...”

"Did he do anything to you? Or was he just on the opposing side? How come you can kill so easily? You don;t have any regrets?" The more she spoke, the harsher her tone would become. Her gaze sharpened as she fixed her eyes on the man in front of her.

“No.... no I don’t..” Rick said his gaze fixed on Ezra “I don’t have any regrets because I don’t see them as people... they are monsters....”

"How can you not see them as people?" Her voice had risen at this point. "They are the same as you and I, but with different decisions to make. The only monsters are us, and, if we continue to act like this, nothing will ever change that. It doesn't make us any better if we kill the killers, and then keep going for their followers." She paused, her tone now lowered to a whisper. "It makes us equal to them."

“How so? I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it for you again... they are the monsters we are the monster hunters...” Rick said as he took his sunglasses off to glare at Ezra

Ezra gladly returned the harsh stare. "If we kill as much as the killers do, what does that mean? Doesn't it make us just as bad? Will someone come after us? It's just an endless cycle that doesn't stop." She sighed. "Unless we make it. So, why continue ending lives when this could all be turned around?"

“And how exactly do you propose we do that?” Rick said helping Ezra up after finishing taping up the bandage on her foot

She winced as she fully rose to her feet, but she made sure not to show any signs of potential weakness. So, instead, she straightened her posture. "A non-violent protest? A threat? All bark and no bite?" Ezra rose a brow. "Has no one taught you that anger doesn't solve everything?"

“Has no one taught you that baking a pacifist gets you killed?” Rick sighed “others before us have tried that and they were all slaughtered... so now.. we fight...” Rick turned to face Ezra “do you understand now?”

She scoffed. "Well, were they simply growing flowers with thunder, or were they growing them with rain?" She furrowed her brows, wondering if the saying was familiar. The woman paused before deciding to give a brief explanation. "Words. Were they raising their words, or were they raising their voice?" She met they eyes of the man. "It's not that I don't understand, sir. It's that I don't support what you're doing."

“ they did both and that’s how we ended up with only us here! We tried everything before violence but now... we fight...” Rick said staring into Ezra’s eyes hate and anger boiling in them

"Is that your only option? Are you willing to give up peace so easily?" Ezra growled, her stare just as sharp as his. She clenched her fists, but she quickly released them due to the fact she was attempting not to be of a potential threat.

“Well I am not going to sit here and preach this peace crap and risk losing more men” Rick shouted

"Then I'll go, dammit!" Her voice was risen as well, for she was as irritated as a hornet in a soda can. "I gave you what you wanted, and now I am simply here. I'll go. I believe that peace is not crap, and it is worth the risk." She huffed, sending a glare Rick's way. And, with that being said, she turned on her heels and stormed towards the exit of the room ( Well, she was limping, of course. The injury in her foot was slowing her down much more then she'd like to admit ).

A few of the soldiers looked at Rick “let her go...” he said as the 2 guards at the door let her through “She’ll come running back when she realizes who these maniacs truly are....”

Ezra closed her eyes for a moment. His words lingered, cast like a shadow that seemed to follow her as she walked through the door. Was she fighting too hard for what she believed in? She shook her head. Once. Twice. She couldn't get rid of the thoughts. A sigh escaped her lips as she marched forward with her chin high, flinching every now and then. She kept repeating her name underneath her breath, for she wasn't sure if anything else would give her confidence at the moment.
Vladimir Dyukov (played by Major_payne25)

The man who had been previously held captive now was thrown into the street as a bunch of other soviets could be seen helping him up and giving him their gear... they didn’t seem to notice Ezra as she was in a dark Alley off to the side of the road

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Settlement Of Demeral ((Open))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus