Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Bust Requests Open!!! (Closed)

I'mma be greedy too and throw out another couple of options here. I understand that these may not happen cause I already got one and I definitely understand that if it does happen it will be a while, but I can't help myself. Gotta try!

I'm going to give two options this time. Pick one if you'd like!

First there's Mao Ling, my snarky, elderly spit fire star ship mechanic!

Or you might like Cal, my poor sad boi with a heart full of music.

Either way, thanks for Chanda! I'll be following this thread to keep up with all the new busts cause they're pretty awesome.
Mipps Topic Starter

Heads up - I am slowing down a bit so I don't burn out. Busts might now take 1-4 days to complete.
This is of course so I can work in my art-studies, step away from the computer more and still provide quality art.

Thank you SO much to those who donated. It is a wonderful surprise to see so much support and I plan on making sure I gave back to you <3

To those who haven't made the queue yet. Dont worry! I am still going down the list! I am not planning on closing the thread for a while. I have looked at each and every single one of the profiles posted here, and you all have very wonderful characters.
Feel free to edit your original posts with extra details
I am not psychic, I cannot picture your character beyond the information provided to me. Utilize the collapse tags or YES you may PM me details if your not comfortable with it here in public threads. If you dont have a face claim or photo references, please go forth and find pieces.. even separate references for each individual detail are extraordinarily helpful.
If you have only a description, that's fine, but I have to then do the reference research myself - so I am more likely to skip to those who have them so I can keep the art wheel turning.

Things I will need:
  • Face structure photo reference
  • skin tone description or reference (if different from structure)
  • eye color (description or photo)
  • hair style and color refs
  • birthmarks, tattoos or makeup refs from chest length up
  • clothes from chest up (fabric types help to)
  • accessories/jewelry from chest up

I do not need a pose or expression ref as I am choosing these on my own but you are welcome to make suggestions if you have ideas that match personality.

Please remember these are FREE* for you and practice for me - so I am not going to do super complicated poses, expressions or more then the bust; if you would like something more, in the future you're welcome to commission me.

Having these references in some visual capacity may fast track getting selected as it takes the burden of me <3

Batch sketches #2 available for view
These of course may change as I tweak them and prep them before painting - painting of course changes a lot of how they look in the final product <3
Mipps Topic Starter

Queen-Cabbage wrote:
Eee I hope I'm doing this right I literally just joined today orz

Just wanted to say art's really nice 👀
I have no money to donate o(<
Although if you like my art enough we could do an art trade sometime uu

Hey there ^^ welcome to RPR
Thank you <3 and its fine!
Your art is lovely too. do you have a portfolio like Deviantart?
I do trades. Though I am pretty slow on them most of the time.
Aveilthe wrote:
Oh man 😍 These are so lovely! Posts need a like feature. I’d make ten more accounts just to 👍 all of these. 😭❤️
Daww thats so sweet, thank you!
Hey you are up my next batch! <3
Winters_Fury wrote:
Actual footage of me reacting to Mipps's artwork

61HTwb2.gif

LOL I think I have a new fan <33 I appreciate you.
MasterWinter

Mipps wrote:
Winters_Fury wrote:
Actual footage of me reacting to Mipps's artwork

61HTwb2.gif

LOL I think I have a new fan <33 I appreciate you.

^-^ Thank you. And I appreciate you too, and the hard work you put into your art, Mipps. <3
Mipps wrote:

I think you already found it lol but here!
Mipps Topic Starter

Queen-Cabbage wrote:
Mipps wrote:

I think you already found it lol but here!

Yep! I did! I am watching you and didnt even put two and two together! wahoo! Art buddies!
Mipps Topic Starter

I am so sorry to say I am closing the thread!

Thank you everyone who pitched a character. To be honest I wanted to draw every single one of them. But due to the volume of people it was just not possible.
I realized today that I am running low on mojo so I wont be taking on any more at this time. Those who are on my progress queue will all be getting a bust but at a slower rate so I can still provide the quality! So please check back later to find yours as I reply to the thread. They may take 1-4 days per.

Thank you SO much to those who donated! It was a surprise and I very much appreciate the support.

In the future I may open these busts up for commission (no price set yet) and potentially raffles. There is also the possibility i may open up more freebies for practice!

In the meantime, do check out the art forums, there are some other amazing artists offering freebies, PWYW and commissions <3
Rosalie Thorn Chapelle (played by Queen_of_Hell)

We appreciate all the work you've done, its more we could ask for <3
Agreed! Thank you for making our days much brighter during this time of crisis!
Quinne (played by Rook)

It got a bit crazy! I look forward to seeing the rest finished, be sure to take appropriate breaks between, and thank you again for doing these!
Lone 'Wolf' Silverlance (played by MasterWinter)

Yeah these things can fill with requests quickly. -anime sweats-

But you yourself are most important, Mipps, so it is good that you are taking care of yourself. Thank you for doing this for people during this time. You are one of the many fantastic individuals of RPR, please stay as such.

And thank you again, for the wonderful work on Volya. It makes me love him all the more. ^-^
Mipps Topic Starter

Thank you all ^^
tis a wonderful community.
Lone 'Wolf' Silverlance wrote:

But you yourself are most important, Mipps, so it is good that you are taking care of yourself.

Funny enough a big part of why I need to slow down is somehow I pulled a muscle in my back doing other life things! its been a lot of pain to work through.. and I think it has fogged my focus a bit. so yes.. yes I am taking care of myself . a lot of heat pads, laying flat and stretches to shake off the stiffness.

I got a couple more 'studies' lined up for anatomy training that I also need to keep on track with. I am the only opne holding myself accountable to my one year challenge so i had to pull out the whip lol
Eli

Thank you so much for doing these, Mipps! I will definitely be commissioning you when you open those up!

Take care of yourself. I have chronic back pain and I know how horrible and debilitating that can be. Feel better!
Mipps Topic Starter

Highborn wrote:
Hello! Pleased to meet you. I'd like to offer the following characters of mine if you are interested:

Reine

Zain

Zakn'Atar (He's a Drow/Dragon mix. His skintone is slightly darker than the picture shown. Just a shade or two from being completely black. He has blue eyes and Horns similar to this. Just a bit thicker.)

Feel free to let me know if you're interested. I'm also happy to hire you for more commissions. :) I'd really appreciate any time spent on any one of these characters. I desperately need some art for them. Hope the references I've provided are good enough! Message me any time if you have questions. Thank you for your time. <3

Here is Zakn'Atar
0CMtJKS.png
Mipps Topic Starter

Aveilthe wrote:
Well, ain’t this the bee’s knees! Thanks for doing something like this! Your art is gorgeous. 😍

I’ll throw these characters out there for poops and giggles:

Kaelee
Zaffre
Jaxamir

Here is Kaelee!

sfeOWTp.png
See more
OMG!!! You did fabulous on darling little Kaelee, aaaahhh!!! 😍 She looks BREATHTAKING. Every little detail... That hair! Her face! Everything about this (and really, all your work!) I can’t stop staring. Thank you for doing this for me, you made my day!
Mipps Topic Starter

Aveilthe wrote:
OMG!!! You did fabulous on darling little Kaelee, aaaahhh!!! 😍 She looks BREATHTAKING. Every little detail... That hair! Her face! Everything about this (and really, all your work!) I can’t stop staring. Thank you for doing this for me, you made my day!

I am glad you love it, thank you for letting me practice on her <3 Enjoy!
Mipps wrote:
Aveilthe wrote:

I am glad you love it, thank you for letting me practice on her <3 Enjoy!
(OH NO, LOOK AT THAT CUTE KAELEE)
Mipps wrote:
Aveilthe wrote:
Well, ain’t this the bee’s knees! Thanks for doing something like this! Your art is gorgeous. 😍

Kaelee
Zaffre
Jaxamir

Here is Kaelee!

sfeOWTp.png
See more

OMG I love this one in particular. <3 Breathtaking. Amazing work.
Mipps Topic Starter

BreezyDawn wrote:
Mipps wrote:
Aveilthe wrote:

Kaelee
Zaffre
Jaxamir

Here is Kaelee!

sfeOWTp.png
See more

OMG I love this one in particular. <3 Breathtaking. Amazing work.

Dawww thank you very much <3
I am about to get started on the next one ! making my way slowly down the list. I might be lagged this next week because I am doing an online art class on the side. but you know? that probably just means more great freebies <3

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Bust Requests Open!!! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus