Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Bust Requests Open!!! (Closed)

Hello! I have an octoman here if you are interested in trying something supernatural!

Lucius:

Aliases: none
Sex: male
Height: 6 m / 19 feet 8 inches
Race: Octoman

Looks: He had dark green/brown tentacles protruding from his head which is laid back against his skull to give the illusion of having hair or behind the back of a crocodile when relaxing on the surface. There is four more connected to his shoulders which some people would compare to a cape of sorts. They are much smaller than the ones on his head, but they play an important role in protecting and camouflaging him from predators. He has seven more tentacles that he uses to swim, catch prey and display dominance with. They are the same color as the rest of the tentacles but they are a shade darker. Lucius has the upper body of a man as well as a human like face, but his eyes are completely black with a silver circle around his pupil. His stomach and all the way up to his face and the underside of his arms had a pale white/gray color to them as well as markings that matched the color of his tentacles. He has a fin that connects to his forearms to his back which is to help him make sharper turns and break if he is going to fast. His fingernails are long to act like claws and they end in a sharp tip.

Reference photo:

4596404446191673743.jpg

Like this jsut green and with more masculine features when it comes to the body. Though the face can remain feminine

If you don't pick this one then I wish you luck on the ones you do choose and have a wonderful day!
Well, ain’t this the bee’s knees! Thanks for doing something like this! Your art is gorgeous. 😍

I’ll throw these characters out there for poops and giggles:

Kaelee
Zaffre
Jaxamir
Howdy, Mipps. What a nice offer you got going here.

I will submit four options.

You can do any one the four options if they strike your fancy. I just can't decide between them, so I'm offering them all for you.

Also, it's quite possible that I might buy another one if the free one hits the spot for me! These are for a story I'm writing for someone, and it's on track to be my first-ever finished story.

The Four Choices:

1. Alan Whitcomb

2. Rodrigo

3. me (the roleplayer, to use as a profile pic. Would be pretty cute to do.)

4. The Cheerleader

Alan Whitcomb

This hair (the shade and the length and cut, but ignore the beard... he's clean-shaven)

Dirty-Blonde-Hair-Men.jpg

Another hair reference:

9fbbedfb02a14c0a41bf44f432d4dda4.jpg

A face, body type, boots, and clothing reference (except the shirt would be solid, collared and button-down, or else just a black T-shirt)

7140852-young-teenager-with-cowboy-hat-holding-a-gun.jpg

A baby face, maybe something more like this (I especially like his nose, but not his thin eyebrows):

teenager-cowboy-hatyoung-cowboyportrait-young-600w-107578568.jpg

A body type like this (I don't like this guy's nose, though, just his eyes and eyebrows and build, and tan):

topless-cowboy-stock-images_csp16827052.jpg

Chin dimple?

zNwqYPG.jpg

Alan Whitcomb

Ethnicity: Caucasian, German, English and a touch of Norwegian ancestry

Hair: short, dirty blonde

Eyes: Blue

Height: 6 feet

Build: thin and lanky but strong

Skin: Pale, burns too easily but then settles into a light tan.

Style: Country music style, cowboy style

A tall, thin, lanky but handsome 17 year old high school student. He's a little bit country, and a little bit nerdy.

He has a baby face but a sharp nose and strong jawline. I haven't decided whether he has a chin dimple or not, so that's up to you.

If it sounds like it would look good, go for it.

He wears a tan colored cowboy hat to school some days.

Other days his short, dirty blonde to blonde hair is visible. It's long enough to get touseled and windblown, but short enough to still be called "short."

He has blue penetrating blue eyes.

He often has a serious face, his thin lips a grim line, but when he tells jokes, he can get a wide, Cheshire cat smile.

When he smiles, the smile reached his blue eyes and they light up with amusement--the so called "twinkle in the eye," which maybe means he has laugh lines around the eyes? I'm not sure how that works in art. But yeah.

Also, when he smiles, he has a one sided dimple that pops nicely.

Alan doesn't fit in with any of the biggest groups in the school --

...not the popular football players and cheerleaders clique, nor the drag-racing, gangster crowd,

...nor the black-clothes-wearing, mosh-pit-throwing, heavy metal crowd.

He's into Country style, and Country music. Which makes him stick out like sore thumb, of course.

Alan often wears solid-colored, collared, button down shirts of cotton or denim.

Although not relevant for the bust, he wears a large longhorn belt buckle with his jeans and brown leather boots.

He has a very good, straight posture, says yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir, opens the door for girls, etc, but he can also be mischevious.

His guilty pleasure is going mudding in his Dodge Ram and flirting by text with one of the cheerleaders he holds a torch for. He also plays chess and is in the chess club, is in National Honor Society for grades, and is generally nerdy which leads to outcast status amongst the majority of the kids who are not into that sort of stuff.

He's nice looking when he smiles, showing white teeth and the laughter in his blue eyes, and the one-sided dimple. However, he's often angry or just grim, so a serious face would be best, perhaps. Either one fine, though...a smile or a serious, even angry look. Part of the story involves him standing up to the cheerleader's abuser, so... angry or poker face would be very useful to have.

He's got fair skin that burns easily, and he often has the terribly cliche "red neck" of a redneck due to working outside in the sun on weekends for extra money, which teenagers like to have. This being said, he is thin, but he's not weak. He's got muscles under that collared shirt, and his red neck gives way to an actual tan over his moderately broad shoulders and back.

Choice 2:

Rodrigo

Dark brown to black hair, Hispanic, 17 or 18 year old Senior "Don Juan." Quarterback of the football team, therefore he's short and stocky and muscular -- built for football. His skin tone is medium brown, on the light side of brown. Dark brown eyes. He's an abuser (mostly mental) of the cheerleader who Alan loves.

2018-03-19-032355.jpg

eb5d0a0193ed0dc4d394b246a5ed5f0a.jpg

b008e4594c0ef3a140d364331c8d1821.jpg

Choice 3: me. There are tons of pics of me I could send. Any would do. :)

Choice 4: The cheerleader that Alan and Rodrigo are "fighting" over. She has long dark hair and dark brown eyes due to some native American heritage, but she's only 1/4th, so her skin is fair
(olive) and she's cultualy Caucasian (doesn't speak Spanish). She's 5'5" and of slightly below average weight for her height due to all the physical activity. But she's healthy. She has an average face, but a gorgeous, broad smile, especially when Alan surprises her with a text. Otherwise, she's soft-spoken and not assertive and doesn't smile much, unless she's laughing with her best friend Jasmine. Clothing...something feminine and cute that a cheerleader would wear. Something maybe that shows reveals her shoulders and part of her neck. Or something with hearts. Or something see-through, with a spaghetti strap shirt under it. Or just a simple black dress. Or cheerleader uniform. In fact, ideally, the pic would show her in a uniform. If so, the school colors would be purple and gold. Her name is Vanessa Reid.

Her hair goes down to the middle of her back.

Reference for hair and face and body type (but brown eyes, and purple and gold uniform):

b4c48d626fd1ee41f2729bb9bac945ff.jpg

(Hair color reference and weight/body type:)

cheer-63.jpg

*Very important yet I almost forgot--she has a birthmark the size of a bean that is just below her temple on the right side. It looks like this, except under the temple on the right side:

hemangioma-179x250-rd1-enIL.jpg
Omg these look so good!

I'd love it if you could make one for Joseph here.

His profile picture is basically how he looks but with an unnaturally pale olive skin since he's undead. He also has quite a few scars riddled around his body from the amount of street fights he got into when he was younger.

He typically dresses in a black tank top that shows off his heavily tattooed arms and shoulders. He typically has a shirt or jacket tied by the sleeves around his waist.
eng_pl_Mens-Plain-Tank-Top-Black-Bolf-99003-73847_1.jpg

His tattoo sleeves mostly consist of gang symbols, dollar signs and crossed guns. These are all black and white, except for one bloody red rose tattoo he got done much later on his neck that obviously had more time and money put into it than his other ones.
2c39ecbbb70c6a44ef57a3193bc1a316.jpg This design without the skull.

Here's some more references in case they're needed:

44872514-baseball-bat-metal.jpg His weapon of choice.

kyoung-hwan-kim-snm-face.jpg Just in case this was needed.
Rosalie Thorn Chapelle (played by Queen_of_Hell)

Oh wow, I'm absolutely dumbfounded by your art *-* It's so beautiful and you're very talented. *runs to donate and buys Mipps a coffee*

I'd hate to be just yet another person to request something, but I would throw myself here if there's still an opportunity, because I was really itching for something, especially Rosalie's artwork given that she's been my favored character for years. It's for my lady Rosalie, you can check out the profile for the initial vibe and aesthetic of the lady here, so I don't post far too many details here.

Rubies, diamonds, gold, lots of red, a bit of the 40's glamour style meets Lucy Westenra's Dracula vibe, always wears red lipstick and red stilleto nails.

Here are the specific details of hers:

I can't really find a reference picture for it, but she's very pale, the light - would - reflect - off - of - her - skin type of a pale.

Facial features
a200fbf686334a6f956e5c7832387696604ae346.png

More accurate hair color and length
gl-1413477-1567898057.jpg

Eye color
original.jpg

Body type and style
gl-1413477-1581982629.jpeg

In case you need some other more specific details, please let me know!
Mipps Topic Starter

Rosalie Thorn Chapelle wrote:
Oh wow, I'm absolutely dumbfounded by your art *-* It's so beautiful and you're very talented. *runs to donate and buys Mipps a coffee*

Thank you for the Ko-fi Donation :3

I was perusing your character profile (I am looking at everyone's here fyi xD) and saw you are also using a template I made! that makes me so happy !

Also big thanks to Rigby and Winters-Fury for the Ko-fi Donation. The support is very much appreciated <33

I am doing my best to sort through things and get these out! thank you all for the patients. This practice is so great for me right now. And there are SO many wonderful character designs that are so creative. I would have never thought to draw these myself so I am ecstatic for the wave of muses.

Mipps wrote:

I was perusing your character profile (I am looking at everyone's here fyi xD) and saw you are also using a template I made! that makes me so happy !

Just noticed that it is your template! It's currently my favorite definitely :3 and you're very welcome, keep up the amazing work <3
MasterWinter

Mipps wrote:

Also big thanks to Rigby and Winters-Fury for the Ko-fi Donation. The support is very much appreciated <33

I am doing my best to sort through things and get these out! thank you all for the patients. This practice is so great for me right now. And there are SO many wonderful character designs that are so creative. I would have never thought to draw these myself so I am ecstatic for the wave of muses.

You are most welcome, Mipps-San. ^-^ Thank you for showing us your wonderful talent.
Morrigan

Just noticed that it is your template! It's currently my favorite definitely :3 and you're very welcome, keep up the amazing work <3

It's such a good template, isn't it?

Mipps is such an amazing artist and does some great work on templates too. I look forward to seeing the additional creations that come from this! So far they have been great!!

Morrigan wrote:

It's such a good template, isn't it?

Mipps is such an amazing artist and does some great work on templates too. I look forward to seeing the additional creations that come from this! So far they have been great!!

Really is! And same here, It's not like I already haven't looked through Mipps' profile to see all their amazing work :')
Raera (played by Robyn)

Your style is incredible! I would absolutely love to see your take on Raera here if she inspires you. This chika has three eyes and five horns, but I hope her past artwork helps!
Mipps Topic Starter

Bookworm wrote:
I rarely reach out to artist when the opportunity of a free bust is offered for the mere reason of that many other characters are deserving of the honor. But a part of me thinks I may try my chances. The possibility of seeing a once mental picture of either Priscilla or Mallory come to life would be a dream. But of course, it is alright if another takes my place. I enjoy marveling at other characters. ^_^

The reference that inspired the look for my Mallory was a combination of Taylor Lashe and Eva Green with a Victorian, gothic aesthetic. As for Priscilla, well, I must bashfully admit I found inspiration from The Witch, her face claim being Anya Taylor-Joy but with a deep blue eyes.

Side note: Wonderful work, Mipps! You are truly talented and cannot wait to see more of your work! <3

w00t <3

Here is Priscilla
16l0m1c.png

I got my next two lined up with artboards. But I am still at a pace of about one a day. Lots more to come <3

:O Wow, looks freaking gorgeous!!
Ah! She is even more beautiful than I had imagined! Thank you a million, Mipps! <3
Gear

Well isn't this generous! I have a request then, Zorander Vesh. Truthfully I've always tried finding a face for Zorander, but I always found it impossible and I sadly lack artistic talent myself. In essence this character is inspired by Dracula, a bloodless ethereal, beautiful monster of a man. Tall, elegant, dour and dangerous.

I imagine him in my head as having a long face, with feline features. Sharp cheekbones, a pronounced jawline, and an aquiline nose. Olive bloodless skin, clean shaven, and piercing blue almond shaped eyes with long eyelashes. An older looking man with long silver hair neatly tucked behind his ears and swept back. High collared in his outfit in a medieval Gothic style.

I'm not usually one to use face claims, but he's an older man with a Mediterranean background, Southern Italian, Sicilian perhaps? Or a Moorish Spaniard.

General face structure.

But ultimately he is a a very fictional character, so feel free to take as much artistic liberty as you wish if you choose to grace him with your talent!
William (played anonymously)

Oh wow, your art is gorgeous! ❤

I would love something of William if he catches your interest.

**Edited For More Detail. Forewarning, loads of pictures.**

33dea475c0685ee0e78a2acbb880284b.jpgFacial, eye, and mouth/lips shape. Cheekbones are more hollowed out to get a slightly more "undernourished" look and he does have slightly sharper facial angles from being underweight.
images-15.jpg Nose shape, a bit more upturned at the end.
ead0e5e2e52a280d13b9b1897986bdc0.jpg I would love out if we could change hair color to this black and skin to a paler shade such as this.
f6b40eddf3ed585822194a8b111cdda2.jpg Hairstyle
17d790df8a9e0edd8158a50eb3a4b3c1.jpgWould love to see this as his clothing with a black tie added if possible.

*Eyes are a deep shade of blue, think blueberry with a bit of a lighter ring around the pupil. Always had dark circles under eyes.

Think that it! Hope adding all of this helps if you choose to draws him :)

I've also got a pinterest board if it helps to get a better feel for his vibe :)
Mipps Topic Starter

Today I was feeling a little off from waking up late.

I batch sketched the next three. I will be painting them one by one from here. w00t
I'll be putting together a couple more ref boards for the next batch soon when I tucker out on painting <3

Batch sketches
HVoCThv.png
These are just bases, they change a little as I paint.

Mipps wrote:

I batch sketched the next three. I will be painting them one by one from here. w00t
I'll be putting together a couple more ref boards for the next batch soon when I tucker out on painting <3

Batch sketches
HVoCThv.png

*tears up* I'm so excited! Thank you so much <3
Eli

Wow, are you still doing these? I am a huge fan of your work and hope to some day purchase a large comission from you!

Anyways, I have a new character with no art yet. In fact, I am still in the process of making his RPR so there isn't much to go by. But I would love to have some art of him!

If this isn't enough to go by I would be happy to give more info.

Kallai

There are several reference images from my chosen face claim. I am completely open on pose, expression, etc. I would love for you to have fun with him!

His natural hair color is blond but he often dyes it multiple colors at a time, pastel like this. Clothing would be casual but stylish, like this.

Please, if you choose him, have fun with it!
MasterWinter

Mipps wrote:

Batch sketches
HVoCThv.png

-Does a very rare and very non Winter moment: -snags near by pillow and squeals into it- -

OMG! Thanks chu Mipps-San! I look forward to seeing the results of my gruff hunter!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Bust Requests Open!!! (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus