Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

Tobias jumped upon the first snarky, and somewhat kind, remark he thought of," Well because why would you want to? You're already perfect!" He told her, trying to make her forget what he had just said."Alrighty, if you believe that, I suppose I haven't seen all the people in the world, or even a large portion of them." Tobias didn't even bother to comment on her next remark, he felt he had already buttered her up more than enough. "Speaking of butter, corn sounds really good!"The teen thought to himself as he stared at a marketeer. "Haven't you already had some just a few hours ago? Yeah... I guess I have. Oh well."The boy finally decided as he tore his gaze from the store. He only caught the last part of her question, but he could infer most of it." Oh, fine. I guess I can trust you. For the most part." The elf grinned, knowing she would dislike that last part.

" Whatever that was? It was a bow, and an elegant one at that. So, why would you need a survival instinct to react to a bow?And, Your welcome." He said, obviously enjoying the thanks, perhaps a little too much." I didn't get that feeling off of him. It seemed to me he found you...rather annoying." Tobias grinned, getting ready to duck.

(( so sorry! Had to shear a sheep.))
Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

Awe, that’s sweet and all, Tobias, but don’t flatter me,” Her nose scrunched as she snorted. She was surprised by the sudden compliment, of course, but she briskly realized that there had to be some sort of catch to it. “I mean, my beliefs are.. probably wrong. Besides, who am I to state my opinion on that, right? I hang out with thieves, for the sky’s sake!” She laughed softheartedly before running her hand through her hair as one of her few nervous habits. “For the most part? Pfft! Princess, I’m one of the most honest rogues in town. What other redhead could you possibly trust more?” She had thought about that last statement before speaking. If she were to say ‘who else’, it would have been too generic ( And she could think of people, herself ). On the other hand, if she were to not be as general and say ‘other rouge’, there were a few names that popped into her mind. So, she went with the color of her hair. After all, it wasn’t as common and she was hoping there wasn’t a snarky comment to follow to prove her wrong. But, knowing the elf, there probably was.

She raised a brow. “Oh? It was? Well, it must’ve startled me, then. Y’know, caught me off guard or whatever,” Cyrene shrugged with an infinitesimal smirk, as if that was the answer. “And—still—you’re wrong. I don’t think I’d be rather annoying, really. I’m just..” She held out her hands, moving them as if they were a teeter-totter. “..unique! Yup!”

(( No worries! We both got a little busy, huh? XD ))

" Of course it is, it came from me didn't it?"Tobias asked sarcastically, enjoying their bantering."Well, I don't see anyone here that says you're not allowed to state your opinions. So, what're your beliefs on trees?" Tobias asked as he snickered," Sorry, anywah, go ahead and talk, I'm not gonna tell you you're not allowed to tell me your beliefs. Especially after that talk in the woods, where we spoke on Lothfalas, and reincarnation, why would I allow you to speak at one time, and then deny you a little while later?" Tobias asked in all seriousness." Wait a moment, you're the most honest rogue, and then you want to know what other red heads are more trustworthy? How do those two points connect? Or, were you saying that there weren't any other rogues more honest, so you were movin' on to the next distinguishing factor of yourself? And, while I might not know many red haired people, I'm sure there's some more trustworthy than you." The boy frowned, would that insult her? Did that sound too mean? Has she actually ever lied to him?

Tobias raised an eyebrow," Have you ever even seen someone bow?" He asked, obviously pretending to be displeased in her questions." Here: Allow me to show you one." The elf said before bowing again, this time less enthusiastically. He looked up, still bowing, and asked," See?" before straightening his back and responding to her," If that's what you want to call yourself, then by all means go ahead." The Tobias snorted, trying to keep himself from laughing. He pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head as he chuckled.

Cyrene laughed. “Oh, unfortunately, I would state my opinion on anything I pleased, whenever I like,” She joked, flashing a smile. “And.. trees? That’s all you could come up with? Well, they’re highly unappreciated and should no longer be destroyed! But, when everything boils down, that particular belief is one I’m.. not so sure about, you could say. It just depends on the person. Sometimes.” She winced before rolling her shoulders back into a light shrug. She was thinking all of this over in her head, wondering if it made any sense at all. After a few moments of the inner debate, the rogue grinned crookedly and began walking just to focus on something more than her thoughts. “And, yeah, pretty much the second idea of yours. I’m obviously honest almost all the time, and I took a wild shot with the whole ‘only redhead’ thing. But it worked, didn’t it?” She chuckled before hearing his next statement. She jabbed a thumb in her direction to gesture to herself. “And that’s where you’re wrong, my dear friend. I’m as trustworthy as they come!”

“Of course I have. I may not be intelligent, but I know what a bow is. Pfft! You practically have to do it every time you enter the palace!” Cyrene swung an arm to the left to motion to the palace in the distance. “What? Unique’s a good word. It’s better than strange or peculiar, at least!” She chuckled, watching as he rose from his example of a bow.

Tapping her chin, the redhead looked around for a moment. “Well..” She mumbled, squinting. “Hm. Alright! Duke doesn’t seem to be back yet, so would.. You mind if we go on a small detour? I guess it would pass time while we wait for that letter, too.”

Tobias chuckled," Yeah, I figured but I didn't want you to think you couldn't. Then again, I don't want you to think, it might cause smoke to come out of your ears. Then again, you need two sticks to rub together in order to make smoke." The boy grinned. Swaying his hands like a teeter rotted at each" then again"." I was a little rushed okay? Gi' me some slack! Erm, You guys destroy trees? for why?" Tobias asked, genuinely confused. You could live in a tree without destroying it, and you could collect sap, so why destroy it? "Wait? So, only certain people... reincarnate? Or, is that the right word?" The elf asked." Oh boy! Here we go,"He grinned fondly at her, hoping this would cause an issue," Yes, you did take a wild shot.Almost only counts in horse shoes and huckleberry tosses.And, I'm not so sure it worked!" He harumphed just to emphasize his point, even if he did mix up his sentences a bit." No, I'm not wrong, I'm never wrong."

" Then why, oh strange one, were you so confused when I bowed?" Tobias asked, enjoying being able to insult her and sound 'schmancy' at the same time, even if he was the only one that thought he sounded 'schmancy'." No, that's not at all the problem. It's an old joke: How do you sneak up on a wierd rabbit? Unique up on it! " Tobias laughed, completely taking his laughter but he hoped that if he laughed she would too.

" Sure! It'll give me more time to prove you wrong!" Tobias agreed. Perhaps it would allow him to prove her wrong, but somehow he doubted that Cyrene would allow him to do so.

“Oh my word,” Cyrene rolled her eyes and looked up, attempting not to laugh. “You have to be the most confusing person I've ever met. Where do you get the idea of.. What was it you even said? I think you lost me at ‘I figured’.” She smiled at him teasingly. “You.. don't destroy trees? I mean, we mainly use them for weapons or houses or.. something along those lines. And, not exactly. Right word, wrong.. discussion? I was talking about the whole ‘why should someone change’ thing, but I do think everyone would reincarnate.” The rogue looked towards him at his explanation, scrunching her nose with a lopsided grin. “Hardee-har, Tobias. I’m sure I was right, even if that means you’re ‘never wrong’. What other rogue do you know that’s more honest? And are there any other redheads that seem more trustworthy?”

“I wasn’t confused about the bowing, per se. I was just wondering what happened to your.. tone. That’s the word,” She nodded. “On the other hand, I might’ve just heard you wrong, y'know? Maybe I didn’t hear the odd change in your voice.” Cyrene glanced at him, slowly taking in the joke before pinching the bridge of her nose. She inhaled, smiled, and snickered. “That’s.. I think that’s the corniest joke I’ve ever heard.”

“Prove me wrong about what?” The redhead snorted. “I haven’t stated any false claims so far! At least, I don’t think I have.” She proceeded to look around the area, her eyes landing on a slim slot between two buildings. She squinted. Was that the right one, or was she just wandering around like a headless chicken? Nonetheless, she swayed a hand and turned right, deciding to go around the building than through it's alley. Either way, it would get them to where they wanted to go, she hoped.

" Me. Confusing? When?" Tobias asked jokingly before replying," It's just that my intellect is so much higher than yours that you're unable to understand. That's all. Okay," He started, slowing down his speech," So, you said you didn't need permission to voice your opinions. I said I figured that was the case, but I wanted to make sure you thought you could. Then I said that I wasn't sure I wanted you to think, the effort might cause your head to start smoking, because it would be unable to start a fire, the fire being a thought. But then I said you didn't have two sticks to rub together to even make smoke. Make sense? Prolly not." Tobias said, a bit more harshly then he had intended. He didn't actually think she was stupid, but he wanted to act like it. However, sometimes he acted a bit too well." Nah, we live in them, if we killed them our houses would die too. Why don't you guys live in trees? I figure it would be cheaper." He raised an eyebrow as he listened and then laughed," Oh, okay. Woops!" He apologized.Then he crossed his arms," Well, I know myself, as a rogue." He wasn't entirely certain he would call himself a rogue, he only stop a cob of corn and a strawberry, but he was rolling with it," And... a red head? Well, let me go find one." Tobias said as he pretended to begin walking away before returning to her side.

" Well, it was the first " important person" voice I could think of okay? It's all I had at the moment really, but it worked! It did, it did, it did!" Tobias grinned at her before replying," Oh? Would you like one more cornier?" He asked, almost as if she had challenged him.

" Well, you're always wrong, so there must be something I can prove you wrong about on the way there.See! There you go again" I think", but you can't." Tobias grinned, taking a single step away from her, purely on a whim.Other than his slight change in how close, he followed her, although he did wonder briefly if she actually knew where they were going.

“It makes sense, thank you!” Cyrene snorted with furrowed brows, swinging a hand at him. “The only ‘confusing’ thing about it was your train of thought, but I get it now.” She chuckled. “Right. Forgot you guys used them as shelters. Well, where would we get our resources, if we lived in trees? Besides, it’s not like all of us can use magic, so there are some things inside homes that wouldn’t work out inside a tree. A fireplace, for example. Cheaper, maybe. But it might not be as.. safe, y’know?” She shrugged. “You? A rogue?” She looked him up and down, narrowed her eyes, then gave him a quick nod. Perhaps if she hadn’t been given the knowledge of him supposedly being the ‘purest elf’, she might’ve given him a bit more credit. Though, she wasn’t expecting him to wander off, so she gasped. But he came back, so she was fine. “And—hey! There aren’t too many redheads, so good look with that.” Cyrene smiled.

The rouge raised a brow. “Important person? Who in the world were you trying to copy..?” She looked around as if the person happened to be near by, but it clicked eventually. “Oh! I get it. Him? Nah. No way.” She snorted, though she meant everything lightheartedly and not seriously. “Oh no. There’s a cornier joke? Well.. Go for it, I suppose!”

“Bottom of a snake. I am not ‘always wrong’,” Cyrene held up her hands to show her air quotations. She held back a chuckle as she turned to him while he happened to step back. “I do think! Very well, actually. It’s just hard to notice sometimes.” Finally, she realized where the two happened to be, and she made a small gesture for them to pick up their pace. The lamplights along the streets were either broken or dim, and the smell of the area was acrid. The redhead smiled broadly. The homes in this particular part of town didn’t seem to be nearly as nice as the ones near the marketplace, but they seemed to make Cyrene cheery nonetheless.

(( So sorry about the late response! Stayed over at a friend's house, but I didn't expect to stay over so long! ))

Tobias let the hand smack into him, for no other reason then it allowed him to act like a child. He held a hand to the place she had hit and pretended to cry," She hit me!" He whined, although his bright grin nearly unmasked his act. He quickly covered it up by making himself cry, that way it made sense that his face had contorted. After taking a moment to " get himself together" he sniffled," Meany head!" He said, purely because it might be the only chance he got to insult her in such an uncreative way. Then, after composing himself ( and wiping away a tear, which he stared at for several moments, trying to remember if he had forced himself to cry, or if it was sweat.) he raised his eyebrow," Well, couldn't you... heat it some other way? Like...making it extra insulated, so that even just your body heat can warm it. Not that I understand everything about how we do it, I'm not even sure who it is that makes all the trees extra insulated." He stopped for a moment as he took in her words," Well, Yeah! I stole a strawberry!"Tobias answered. He grinned," Well, I had to try!"

" Well, the king didn't exactly sound like an important person, even if he was, so I went for Kai. It seemed right at the time." Then, once given permission, he grinned,"Wanna hear a joke about things you can harvest in a field?" He asked.

" Yes you are!" Tobias disagreed with a bright grin. " Sure, whatever you say ol' lady.Whatevee you say!" He agreed sarcastically.Tobias fidgeted as he worried about the setting about him. He didn't like the look of things, but Cyrene's smile did wonders for his courage.

(( you're all good!!))

Taken by slight surprise when the elf put on his act, Cyrene anxiously looked around and reached out a hand after a moment of recoiling, debating on her next move. Though, when she realized this was a performance, she snorted and ( Lightly, this time ) batted a hand at his arm, scoffing with a smile. “And, here I was, thinking I was the dramatic one.” She teased with a wide smile. “And I guess we could, if we were to try. But designing your own home seems so much easier than having to find a tree or whatever and build it from there. Who knows? I guess it just depends on perspective.” Briskly shrugging, Cyrene looked towards him once again, fighting back a snort. “Ah, right. How could I forget? You stole a single strawberry, and then you became the world’s greatest thief.” She nodded as if she understood this well while a grin creased her lips.

“So, you’re telling me that you had the chance to impersonate an important person,” The redhead inhaled before finishing her statement. Just for effect, she laid a single arm over her chest while the other sat above it, her fist covering her mouth, “and you didn’t imitate yourself? Princess, I don’t know if I should be ashamed or if I should laugh.” Then, with a smirk, she swayed her hand to the left and in a circle until it reached her chest in order to gesture to herself. “Or, of course, you could have mimicked my voice. And, yes, a joke about.. harvesting would be great?”

“No way! For example, I can tell you right now that I am not an old lady! I’m only two years older than you, anyways!” She huffed before something dawned on her. “Oh, what was that old saying? Respect your elders?” Placing both hands on her hips, Cyrene lifted her chin smugly. “Well, Tobias. It seems like being older has it perks sometimes, huh?”

" You are though. I'm never dramatic." Tobias said with a charming grin." Nope, haven't done anything dramatic in my entire life." He exaggerated before shrugging in agreement," Yeah, I suppose it would be easier that way. I mean, kind o' it's easier to figure out what your doing, but it's harder to find materials. I guess it's all, like you said, about what you want in a house." Tobias grinned as Cyrene spoke, enjoying her act a bit more than need be," And a cob of corn! Don't forget the corn! And yes, I am a thief, although the world's greatest is a bit of a stretch." The boy said as he pinched his fingers together, leaving just a small space of air between them.

" Well, imitating myself would be boring, I'd just end up speaking the same way I already do.So, where's the point in doin' that? It's much more fun to mimic someone else." Tobias pointed out as he waggled his finger at her." And, you should do neither, as I erm... don't do it anyway!" He laughed at his own thoughtlessness." Why would I mimic yours? Your not some big head honcho." He grinned." Oh well... that jokes too corny" He snickered, hoping it would catch on. Or, that it made sense.

" Yeah way! You are old, you're like seventy one or somethin'." Tobias said with a grin, it was an old joke him and his brother would play on one another. They would flip the numbers in their age so that it would be vastly different, unless one of them was eleven." Well...erm" Tobias said as he tried to think of an argument. He frowned in concentration before his eyes lit up with an epiphany," Well, I could always respect you by tossing you into a dire and saying you were a sacrifice, and that all sacrifices are respected because they gave their life for some archaic god." Tobias grinned," So, about that whole being an elder thing..?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus